The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 17th December 2017
TNC
Lives for gear

For using after an algo comp just for the line amp saturation and not the limiting, how do you guys like the AlexB 76 Dynamics? I'm looking for a 1176 saturation library. From what I've heard I like it.
Old 17th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
For using after an algo comp just for the line amp saturation and not the limiting, how do you guys like the AlexB 76 Dynamics? I'm looking for a 1176 saturation library. From what I've heard I like it.
Has a great bite/grit to it. Having said that when using U76 on vocals I don't load the preamp.
Old 17th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by systmu View Post
Niiiiiiiiiiiice Tim I'm digging the Dualtech Preamp distortion. The Varilevel clip is nice too . Can we get more Dist though? I guess I could chain a couple. I don't own the tapes but how much distortion do the tapes have compared to the dualtech? a couple dualtechs chained together do me nicely. Thanks!

Wow core 11 is going to have distortion iR? I guess I don't need to buy culture vulture now. Btw I can not find that Vcult. Websites are down. And I have HO all you can eat but can't find those. What sub folder are they under? Thanks
Use a gain plug either side of n4. Drop it down before n4 and raise it after (the same amounts both sides)
Old 17th December 2017
Lives for gear

Hello guys,
I’m trying the last days to batch process a bunch of tracks using Wavelab’s 9.5 batch processor, in order to start mixing a song, gain staged with console and tape on each track.
In the chain I used a loudness normalization and two Nebula instances, one with Tim’s J37 tape and one with AlexB MFC Line in.
The resulted audio files were out of sync. The song became a “flam city”. Looking closer at the files I saw that some audio files had increased length.
I reapeted the action but without Nebulas and this time the file length was correct. I did it again, this time just with the MFC and the files were again correct.
Anyway, I beleive that this is probably a Wavelab issue and as I don’t have many time to look deeper into this problem I was thinking to try the NebulaMan for the same task. I know that the last version isn’t compatible yet with N4 but I’d like to know if it can work for now, just for this action: Batch process 2 Nebula instances.
Thanks!
Old 17th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Niiiiiiiiiiiice Tim I'm digging the Dualtech Preamp distortion. The Varilevel clip is nice too . Can we get more Dist though? I guess I could chain a couple. I don't own the tapes but how much distortion do the tapes have compared to the dualtech? a couple dualtechs chained together do me nicely. Thanks!

Wow core 11 is going to have distortion iR? I guess I don't need to buy culture vulture now. Btw I can not find that Vcult. Websites are down. And I have HO all you can eat but can't find those. What sub folder are they under? Thanks
The dev of vcult now has this website:

Online mixing, mastering audio service | Taurean Mixing

Maybe you'll still be able to buy it
Old 17th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
...The resulted audio files were out of sync. The song became a “flam city”. Looking closer at the files I saw that some audio files had increased length.
I reapeted the action but without Nebulas and this time the file length was correct. I did it again, this time just with the MFC and the files were again correct.
Anyway, I beleive that this is probably a Wavelab issue ...
Rendering in Logic I have the same issue randomly. I think, sometines N4-DAW doesnt set the latency right.
Old 17th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
Rendering in Logic I have the same issue randomly. I think, sometines N4-DAW doesnt set the latency right.
Yep, I forgot to mention that in my tests also it happens randomly..
Did you find any workaround amigo?
Old 17th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Yep, I forgot to mention that in my tests also it happens randomly..
Did you find any workaround amigo?
Sadly I didnt. I just re-render the problematic track.
Old 18th December 2017
Just bought Tim P Large Tea Room and it's incredible.

Very very nice library as usual.

Nothing but the best from him.

WAOW !
Old 20th December 2017
Alex B X-Mas promo:

Quote:
I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

To enjoy these days we have this fantastic promotion:

-20% for previous and new customers by using this coupon at checkout: MCHNY-2018

Silver Customers will get additional -5% after placing the order via webpage

promotion starts today and expires 7th Jan 2018 @ 23:59 GMT

*Promotion is not applicable at bundle and upgrade.
Old 20th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Just bought Tim P Large Tea Room and it's incredible.

Very very nice library as usual.

Nothing but the best from him.

WAOW !
Need to check that out!
Old 20th December 2017
Lives for gear

Nebula is like cooking!

How do you cook your DI Bass Gtr?
I used to put a softube bass amp sim, before I took the red pill and went to the dark side.

Now I am searching for the best recipe in the nebula's kitchen.
Common guys, give my Jazzbass a bit love:

RE20? Some Olonga bass amp? Which console?
Old 21st December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arseny View Post
Nebula is like cooking!

How do you cook your DI Bass Gtr?
I used to put a softube bass amp sim, before I took the red pill and went to the dark side.

Now I am searching for the best recipe in the nebula's kitchen.
Common guys, give my Jazzbass a bit love:

RE20? Some Olonga bass amp? Which console?
For me, it's a Neve-flavored EQ for my Jazz... my tone is mostly prog rock, so I emphasize mids around 800hz (for a little grit) and around 2.4khz (to emphasize the bite/attack). Think Geddy Lee, Chris Squire.

Most of my chain is Acqua, but for Nebula I'd consider Tim P's Blue 1102 (Neve EQ)

Blue 1102 - Tim Petherick

Maybe signaltonoize's FET 1108 preamp?

FET 1108 – Nebula Program – signaltonoize.com

Honestly, my favorite bass DI stuff is in Acustica's Lime. The F series (1073) preamps and DI do the trick for me.

It's been awhile since I've browsed his work, but you could build a recipe just with Henry O's libraries.

I haven't demoed it yet, but I've been wanting to try AlexB's new Harrison console for bass/general recording. If it's as good or better than Acustica's Honey acqua, then it would definitely be a winner for bass.

AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - Harry 32 - Nebula Programs
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Maniac

Has anyone tried running the mixbus through HO AYCE BAE preamp? Otherwise I suggest in this particular song I run AlexB MLC clean mixbus > Bae preamp and it just ooze amazingness.. Tim P L-Bus comp also worked MAGIC on the same mixbus! Nebula is wonderful.
Old 21st December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse_87 View Post
Has anyone tried running the mixbus through HO AYCE BAE preamp? Otherwise I suggest in this particular song I run AlexB MLC clean mixbus > Bae preamp and it just ooze amazingness.. Tim P L-Bus comp also worked MAGIC on the same mixbus! Nebula is wonderful.
Yeah Nebula is truely an amazing technology and has made such a difference in my digital recording world.

Huge thumbs up on that plugin.
Old 22nd December 2017
With the AlexB sale, I'm tempted to pick up another console package. I have and use the MFC everyday, the API, and the N14. Any others that give MFC a run for the money? That one just seems to work on every pop mix and my other 2 a bit more subtle. Could be my ears need a holiday rest!
Old 22nd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
With the AlexB sale, I'm tempted to pick up another console package. I have and use the MFC everyday, the API, and the N14. Any others that give MFC a run for the money? That one just seems to work on every pop mix and my other 2 a bit more subtle. Could be my ears need a holiday rest!
9KC and R88 in combo
Old 22nd December 2017
Gear Head

Thanks I was reading that the vcult program for nebula is more like saturation and not really full blown distortion like the unit. Can anyone who has it confirm? And great I see Crimson saturation for Acqua is out nice!

Also alexb is doing a 20% off sale through January 8th. So what are alexb's must haves? It looks like he has so many great things. Does anyone know how alexb Manley massive passive EQ compare to Acqua Magenta? How is his fatso and his tape emus? I really want to find something to replace the uad ampex that I'm about to buy by but nothing comes close. :/ Ok Things come close but not close enough
Old 22nd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks I was reading that the vcult program for nebula is more like saturation and not really full blown distortion like the unit. Can anyone who has it confirm? And great I see Crimson saturation for Acqua is out nice!

Also alexb is doing a 20% off sale through January 8th. So what are alexb's must haves? It looks like he has so many great things. Does anyone know how alexb Manley massive passive EQ compare to Acqua Magenta? How is his fatso and his tape emus? I really want to find something to replace the uad ampex that I'm about to buy by but nothing comes close. :/ Ok Things come close but not close enough
MMEQ is widely considered better than Magenta though I prefer Magenta in low mids.

Fatso was not to my liking.
Old 22nd December 2017
Here for the gear
Hi, I'm a big fan of Tim P and Tim Cupwise, have most of the Acquas, but just now have found my new favourite Tape Saturator in AlexB's Tape Magnetic Saturator. It's fat.
Old 22nd December 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleneck View Post
Hi, I'm a big fan of Tim P and Tim Cupwise, have most of the Acquas, but just now have found my new favourite Tape Saturator in AlexB's Tape Magnetic Saturator. It's fat.
Any audio demos for this? I have both TimP tapes and love the drive you can get. Is it worth getting this as well?
Old 22nd December 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Any audio demos for this? I have both TimP tapes and love the drive you can get. Is it worth getting this as well?
I have them too. This is potentially thicker. I already had the predecessor to TMS from Alex B so this only costed me 8 euros. I say buy it.
Old 22nd December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleneck View Post
My personal fav is Alex B's R42-

AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - Rupert 42 Tape FX - Nebula Programs
Old 22nd December 2017
Quote:
I bought the MFC i think 4 months ago after seeing everyone stating how awesome it was.

Tried it on 2 mix and it never worked for me.

Now its taking HD space and I'm really thinking of simply deleting it.

On the other hand, I'm very very tempted by the STN Langevin 401 with the 295-a filters....but that would come up to 62 bucks I believe.

Maybe I'll treat myself for christmas...who knows !
Old 22nd December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

They all have various levels of saturation. The next update is a tube one. And it will distort heavily.
Old 22nd December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Thanks very much! We'll be slowly releasing recordings for that album and a bunch of live video sessions (L401 really made a great difference in one of them), so perhaps I'll post in the new "Tracks mixed and produced with Acustica Nebula and Aqua" thread if people are interested.
Have you been able to throw some mixdown out yet ?

I'm really interested in the end results as my paypal finger is really itching on those board vektors.
Old 22nd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tough to avoid the SSL 'sound' in plenty of todays music.

AlexB's 9000 Console is getting plenty of 'air' time in my Mastering work [sometimes in combination with additional Console - Neve->SSL].

Although the MFC console is a standout on its own ... there are situations where the big, open, relaxed sound doesn't provide the right amount of energy, punch, focus, attitude that something like the SSL can do.
Old 23rd December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Tough to avoid the SSL 'sound' in plenty of todays music.

AlexB's 9000 Console is getting plenty of 'air' time in my Mastering work [sometimes in combination with additional Console - Neve->SSL].

Although the MFC console is a standout on its own ... there are situations where the big, open, relaxed sound doesn't provide the right amount of energy, punch, focus, attitude that something like the SSL can do.
Thanks, I just put in an order as Silver Customer. Definitely need a SSL based option.
Old 23rd December 2017
Quote:
Thanks, I just put in an order as Silver Customer. Definitely need a SSL based option.
I wish I could just give you mine like a big brother gives his old shoes in a poor family.
Old 23rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Honestly, my favorite bass DI stuff is in Acustica's Lime. The F series (1073) preamps and DI do the trick for me.
Thanks! I got Lime, so I'm gonna try it on bass

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search