The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear

Man. Vari-Level (TimP) is so, so damn good on vocals. U76 and Opto V3 are too, but there's a magic to Vari (with the pre) that just works on some voices.

The compression action (and signal integrity) is off the charts.

Why-oh-why did I buy other comps during Black Friday? #slut

Still, in my comp testing I rediscovered how good Softube's FET Compressor is. Forgot about that one.
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I just updated Ruby in Aquarius, took 10 minutes total (855MB) and all the while it was 2 mouse clicks of work and I was on GS posting about N4 and it's now done, super easy updating. That 10 minutes includes me copying the Ruby update to my DAW computer. That was over an hour of work before now done in 10 minutes. (I also moved my Cobalt update from yesterday too)

So imagine all your N4 libraries with updates all in Aquarius you update by clicking the update all button. No wondering what vendor updated what and looking on GS hoping you got their email, no navigating a 3rd party site, that work will all be gone as Aquarius contains everything under one location in one program there for you to see all at once.

AA is streamlining everything to Aquarius for a fluid user experience moving forward, I held back from Aquarius at first but I can't imagine going back to the dashboard system now..... I'm annoyed AA still makes me visit my dashboard to download the manuals, but I've sent that request in.
Yeah, I tried updating Ruby too but it didn't work for me. Mind sending me the install files?
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear
Thanks for the illumination as always Will!
Old 6th December 2017
Here for the gear

Gold eqv in N4

Hello! What libraries are there for Nebula 4 that covers the emus in Gold? And are they equally good?
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahenhessu View Post
Hello! What libraries are there for Nebula 4 that covers the emus in Gold? And are they equally good?
Tim P Blue 1102 EQ & preamp (31102) -- sounds amazing

AlexB N14 console (8014 channels and buses) -- sounds amazing

Henry Olonga AYCE bundle includes the 1073 preamp -- I haven't really tried it

AlexB N73 EQ -- haven't tried this one

Tim Cupwise 609 compressor -- haven't tried this one either but it's on my to-buy list because I like this style of compressor most on the 2 bus

I believe Gemini audio has a 1073 preamp too. I remember BAE pres or something in either the HO AYCE bundle or AlexB's colour suite. There could be more out there too that I'm just missing.

I can't really comment on how these all compare to Gold because I don't own Gold ... but I will say that the Nebula libraries that I mentioned and use are just wonderful.
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Man. Vari-Level (TimP) is so, so damn good on vocals. U76 and Opto V3 are too, but there's a magic to Vari (with the pre) that just works on some voices.

The compression action (and signal integrity) is off the charts.

Why-oh-why did I buy other comps during Black Friday? #slut

Still, in my comp testing I rediscovered how good Softube's FET Compressor is. Forgot about that one.
There are a few programs in that library. Which one do you like best for vocals?
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Oboy.
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Do we have pics of the N4 skin for the 32C?
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
Yummy!!!!
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Speaking of AlexB's new Harrison library, maybe this thread will be of use to someone: Harrison 32-series console... sound?
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Instant buy (both!).
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Do we have pics of the N4 skin for the 32C?
As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's just a generic AlexB skin, not program specific

Old 7th December 2017
Elysia knobs?
Old 7th December 2017
From Jim Williams review of an Harrison 32xx console:

''The sonics? Take two cotton balls and insert one into each ear. That's the Harrison sound.''

Can someone confirm this with AlexB consol ?

Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post

''The sonics? Take two cotton balls and insert one into each ear. That's the Harrison sound.''

Lol Reading Jim’s ideas over the years has me believe he is all about high fidelity full spectrum resprentation. With that in mind I could see how one could come to that conclusion. However it does not mean Honey or AlexB 32c sound muffled or dull. Hard to explain but if you work with tons of nasty high mid and high end this eq naturally tames it just putting in the chain. The eq itself very musical. Give it a try you may come to a different conclusion from Jim on that topic as I have. Great console eq imo. In short I love it for mixing but its a no for mastering if that makes sense.
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Honey versus this new AlexB library, anyone had the chance to compare them?
Old 7th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Lol Reading Jim’s ideas over the years has me believe he is all about high fidelity full spectrum resprentation. With that in mind I could see how one could come to that conclusion. However it does not mean Honey or AlexB 32c sound muffled or dull. Hard to explain but if you work with tons of nasty high mid and high end this eq naturally tames it just putting in the chain. The eq itself very musical. Give it a try you may come to a different conclusion from Jim on that topic as I have. Great console eq imo. In short I love it for mixing but its a no for mastering if that makes sense.
Yeah it does,

I'll give it a go then. I really respect Alex's work.
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

imho Honey sounds nothing like fluffy cotton.
I always feel that it sounds rather true to its source but more musical and full bodied and upfront, somewhat on the dry-side ... rather than cotton I think of some kind of wood that has some nice grain and saturation and is bold : )

Last edited by gearsuser; 7th December 2017 at 09:25 PM..
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear
So the Harrison website namechecks ACDC, Queen, Led Zep, Abba and Michael jackson. From their potted history, they seem to have used different consoles, but none of them are cotton wool sounding. And it looks like the early classic rock stuff might have been 3232.

In other words, who would build a console like that? Who would buy it, or use it? Who would sample it for Nebula? Proceeding to ignore Jim.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Well, he didn't mention anything about the size of the cotton balls, did he?
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Well, he didn't mention anything about the size of the cotton balls, did he?
Yes, you're right. I neglected to consider this. Or their density. And I assumed they were white! Apologies for my careless analysis. I'll go hide under my console now. It's not a Harrison, but I don't deserve to hide under something so soft and pillowy as that...
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

hilarious !

so ... isn't there some new DAW that is suppose to be Harrison based ? Heard to be liked.
Old 8th December 2017
hahahaha

I'm not sure he deserve to be laughed at but that was some funny teenager mocking and disrespecting sentences.

Still wondering how this new AlexB consol sound tho'

And all my respect goes to Jim Williams for what he is and always will be to the music industry.
Old 8th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
hilarious !

so ... isn't there some new DAW that is suppose to be Harrison based ? Heard to be liked.
Harrison Mixbus32c, great and probably the only DAW with its own sound.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
hahahaha

I'm not sure he deserve to be laughed at but that was some funny teenager mocking and disrespecting sentences.

Still wondering how this new AlexB consol sound tho'

And all my respect goes to Jim Williams for what he is and always will be to the music industry.
Jim knows his stuff. Much respect. AlexB harrison is slightly thicker/denser a bit mote focused than Honey but they are really really close. Honey uses far less resources though and all bands are available at once...that makes it a no brainer for a console approach.
Old 8th December 2017
Anyone has tasted Harry 32?
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Harrison Mixbus32c, great and probably the only DAW with its own sound.
Radar and PARIS both have their own sound as a DAW, but they are both a combination of hardware and software, you could say Mixbus32c is the only native DAW with it's own sound.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Proceeding to ignore Jim.
I would not ignore Jim, he's got more experience than most of us will ever have in Pro Audio, just understand he's after the most pristine signal path possible, which the Harrison 32c is NOT. Different tools for different purposes for different people's needs.

I've worked on 2 different 32c's and while they have a sound of their own, I would have zero issue mixing anything on them and I'll be picking up Alex B's H32 for the tonal options it will bring to my digital work.
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

Samplitude has its own sound also!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search