The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Okay, I'm 0 for 2! I bought AYCE last month and thought I'd got a decent handle on all that's in there - appears not!!! Thanks!
I've owned AYCE for 2.5 years now and I still don't know everything in it, lol.
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Okay, I'm 0 for 2! I bought AYCE last month and thought I'd got a decent handle on all that's in there - appears not!!! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I've owned AYCE for 2.5 years now and I still don't know everything in it, lol.
Make sure to consult the Emulations List pdf. That pdf is my best friend when using AYCE. I still haven't explored everything either, though.
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Make sure to consult the Emulations List pdf. That pdf is my best friend when using AYCE. I still haven't explored everything either, though.
Hmmm . . . that appears to be something else I've missed. So that's 0 for 3 now. Maybe it's time somebody just put me in a home.

. . . in the meantime I'll track it down and frame it next to my board.
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmmm . . . that appears to be something else I've missed. So that's 0 for 3 now. Maybe it's time somebody just put me in a home.

. . . in the meantime I'll track it down and frame it next to my board.
Hahaha ... yes ... it's essential to me because it lists the exact hardware being modeled. If you can't find it on HO's site, PM me and I can send it to you.

I also have the list for AlexB's preamp colour series if anyone needs it. (I asked for it in a thread here and someone posted the list, so you can probably find it in a search if needed.)
Old 17th November 2017
Gear Head

How does Lunchpail compare to TimP's compressors? I have TimP's stuff it's opened my eyes as to what compression is actually supposed to do
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear
Tim makes outstanding stuff. Take your pick of Tim's. They'll open your ears as well as your eyes.
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Tim makes outstanding stuff. Take your pick of Tim's. They'll open your ears as well as your eyes.
Cupwise or Petherick?

They both make great compressors IMO. I can't speak for Lunchpail as I haven't yet tried it, but I think I'll purchase it at some point because I have a shortage of good bus compressors (TimP's L-bus is a recent winner) and would like to support him.

I can say that Tim Cupwise's C660 is excellent; the pre alone is wonderful. I pretty much always run vocals through it since getting it, and often times whole mixes. My next purchase from him will be either the Lunchpail or 609.
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cupwise or Petherick?

They both make great compressors IMO. I can't speak for Lunchpail as I haven't yet tried it, but I think I'll purchase it at some point because I have a shortage of good bus compressors (TimP's L-bus is a recent winner) and would like to support him.

I can say that Tim Cupwise's C660 is excellent; the pre alone is wonderful. I pretty much always run vocals through it since getting it, and often times whole mixes. My next purchase from him will be either the Lunchpail or 609.
+1

I use the C660 passthrough loads. Amazing on the right source.
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Temoti View Post
How does Lunchpail compare to TimP's compressors? I have TimP's stuff it's opened my eyes as to what compression is actually supposed to do
It's excellent compared to anything. Full stop.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Is there a Neve 33609 out there in Nebula land? Or another top VCA?

(For the mixbus.)
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Is there a Neve 33609 out there in Nebula land? Or another top VCA?

(For the mixbus.)
Cupwise

Smooth 609A BusComp | Cupwise FX

Never tried.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Thanks! Will give this and Lunchpail a pop.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Thanks! Will give this and Lunchpail a pop.
Please let me know your thoughts on both! I'm interested in those.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Hey guys! Any opinion about the Lexicon 480 reverb presets for Nebula, from signaltonoize.com?
Are them any better from common 480 impulses?
Old 22nd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Hey guys! Any opinion about the Lexicon 480 reverb presets for Nebula, from signaltonoize.com?
The Relab plugin is about as good as it gets for 480 reverb. Watch the videos on Youtube between Relab vs hardware - pretty incredible. I have only used 1 of the STN 480 impulses and it was fine - but the Relab plug is way more flexible.
Old 22nd November 2017
Gear Head

I’m currently taking advantage of The presets function in N4 and renaming/organising all my libraries. Quite a task!! I’m about 3/4 through the HO AYCE. This thing is crazy good, there’ just so much stuff!!! I particularly love the clariphonic, Titan... beautiful stuff!!

I’m a little confused with the chain stuff and couldn’t find exact descriptions in the manual of what’s actually going on here.... some sound like there’s some sort of compression happening... but it’s hard to tell. Would love if anyone had the descriptions of the signal paths and gear?
Old 22nd November 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
A lot of these old Digital reverbs are notoriously hard to sample due to chorusing and modulation. So the algo plugins like relab etc may get you closer to the feeling. I do love altiverbs lexicon! But none of them swim like the real thing yet ..
Old 22nd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloggedin View Post
The Relab plugin is about as good as it gets for 480 reverb. Watch the videos on Youtube between Relab vs hardware - pretty incredible. I have only used 1 of the STN 480 impulses and it was fine - but the Relab plug is way more flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackanory View Post
A lot of these old Digital reverbs are notoriously hard to sample due to chorusing and modulation. So the algo plugins like relab etc may get you closer to the feeling. I do love altiverbs lexicon! But none of them swim like the real thing yet ..
Guys thanks for the suggestion about the Relab 480 but actually in this period of time I am in orgasm with Nebulas and Aquas, no matter the flexibility in use.
I see in their site (signaltonoize.com) they sell the presets for the 480L, $3 each one, so I will probably buy one to see if the feeling will be what I expect or no.

cheers
Old 22nd November 2017
Lives for gear

@zaphod - regarding presets: would it be possible to use a flat text file as the basic for organising them? It's quite a pain to have to load each library to save it (takes a long, long time).

If we could build a preset structure with a text file that the preset manager can read, we could organise things 10x faster. All we need to know is the identifier (3 letters) and the library name.

A simple layout for the file, such as:

<Category>:<code>:<libraryname>:<label>

So

Code:
Console:MFC:BUS - Modern:Mixbus Modern
Could even be XML

Code:
<category>Console</category>
  <preset>
    <code>MFC<code>
    <library>BUS - Modern</library>
    <label>Mixbus Modern<label>
  </preset>
  <preset>...
Just a thought!
Old 22nd November 2017
Gear Head

Yes this makes a lot of sense...

However, loading up the patch and saving the preset allows me to actually audition it and hear what it does. This is the most important thing as reading a description of some cryptic clues doesn’t prick your ears up. Loading it up over full program material allows me to really hear what exactly the program does. So when I’m in the middle of a mix, I can make decisions about gear based upon the memory of my ears, not my eyes!!
Old 22nd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackanory View Post
Yes this makes a lot of sense...

However, loading up the patch and saving the preset allows me to actually audition it and hear what it does. This is the most important thing as reading a description of some cryptic clues doesn’t prick your ears up. Loading it up over full program material allows me to really hear what exactly the program does. So when I’m in the middle of a mix, I can make decisions about gear based upon the memory of my ears, not my eyes!!
That's discovering new things though - a different ballgame to organising things you use/know well :¬)
Old 23rd November 2017
Just received an email from Tim from Cupwise.

He updated Flucti-Mew with a Skin for N4

Cant wait to try it tonight :D
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Just received an email from Tim from Cupwise.

He updated Flucti-Mew with a Skin for N4

Cant wait to try it tonight :D
Sexy news right there!
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Any recommendations for a REDD .47 preamp? I know HO and AlexB have done them. Favourites of those two? Are they any good? Has anyone else done the REDD?
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Any recommendations for a REDD .47 preamp? I know HO and AlexB have done them. Favourites of those two? Are they any good? Has anyone else done the REDD?
Wow, there is?!?!

What are they called? That might be an instant buy for me...I had no idea.
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by strathcona12 View Post
Wow, there is?!?!

What are they called? That might be an instant buy for me...I had no idea.
HO programs/vectors named E-M-EYE are the EMI/Redd preamps.
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
HO programs/vectors named E-M-EYE are the EMI/Redd preamps.

Thank you....I will be trying that tonight!
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Head

they are EMI but I think from a domestic tape recorder not REDD
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear

Here you can see every gear HO used when he sampled his libs

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Nebulap...ion_preset.pdf

Henry Olonga E-M-Eye Bugs Preamp = 60s EMI preamp ala Redd Console preamp
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Head

Does a CD emulation library exist? Seeing as we have ones for vinyl and tape, I'm guessing it would be straight forward to make one, and would be quite cool to add another sonic stamp to ITB sounds. And, perhaps if the resulting impulses are too clean and don't add enough character to the sound, the sounds could be burnt on to CD multiple times over to bring it out more?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search