The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 17th October 2017
  #2101
Gear Maniac
 

About the skins for N4 libraries: Just consider that if you use an alternative data path for the libraries (i.e. C:\nebula4temprepository\AlternativeDataPath\AlexB) , putting the Skins in the relative subfolder does not work. You have to use the main "Properties" and "Skins" folder (under the main installation path, i.e. C:\nebula4temprepository) even if the libraries itself (Programs and Vector files) remain in the alternative data path.
Old 17th October 2017
  #2102
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
About the skins for N4 libraries: Just consider that if you use an alternative data path for the libraries (i.e. C:\nebula4temprepository\AlternativeDataPath\AlexB) , putting the Skins in the relative subfolder does not work. You have to use the main "Properties" and "Skins" folder (under the main installation path, i.e. C:\nebula4temprepository) even if the libraries itself (Programs and Vector files) remain in the alternative data path.
Yes, same applies to /Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula4 in OSX.
Old 17th October 2017
  #2103
Lives for gear
 
wjmwpg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man ...
Any word when this is gonna drop ... Just sittin' ere panting with me wallet open like a right twat.
Old 17th October 2017
  #2104
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man ...
Any word when this is gonna drop ... Just sittin' ere panting with me wallet open like a right twat.
It should be close, the latest beta is sounding very release ready IMHO.
Old 17th October 2017
  #2105
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Yes, same applies to /Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula4 in OSX.
Yeah, I'm using OS Sierra. I'm not around the computer that I use for music, so I'll try all the suggestions out later. Thank you, everyone.
Old 17th October 2017
  #2106
Here for the gear
 

Longtime reader of this site, I have a compressor from acustica on trial...and with no action, no GR; no pre on, no nothing the and only thing I'm clicking is bypass, it totally brings the mix out of the 2d screen and in to the 3d real world like nothing else. Or are there more stars in this universe? This is why I want to ask is the Nebula with it's versatility the way to go or shall I stick with this beauty of Aquamarine? and what is it that it does? Is it all down to space given by IR sampling, Is this plugin a one-off?
Old 18th October 2017
  #2107
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Gang, I just posted this over in the Acqua thread and realized I probably should've posted it here instead...

---

Nebula brethren (and sisters too!),

I'm recently back on the recording wagon after a few years hiatus... I had to dust off all my AUs and Nebula libraries to remember what I have.

What I'm looking for is either an Acqua plug or a Nebula library to be go-to console or channel strip. A little color, a little gel, a little focus, depth, a little lifting of the digital flatness into something cohesive (I know that gel and focus are sort of opposites, but hey, who said snake oil mojo was supposed to be logical?). Basically, a little bit of vibe. It will more than likely work alongside Airwindows, which I really like.

I definitely lean more vintage than anything lately. I'm thinking of just making things easy on myself and going for Acqua Gold, but at €200 I'm going to look at some other options first.

Signaltonoize has a L-401 vintage console (Langevin) library that seems like it could be ideal.

I'm not really familiar with offerings from AlexB or CDSM (I had their Trident library from awhile back but don't think I have it installed on my new laptop).

TimP doesn't have anything as far as line/pre/strip/console except for this panner/volume library.

So vintage vs modern... think RCA or REDD or Langevin or Neve vs SSL. Any ideas?

Any new library guys out there in the last few years? I only remember TimP, AlexB, CDSM and STN.

PS -- geeze, I just remembered Henry O! I bought a ton of his stuff back in the day, but my only backup drive got submerged in sea water... ugh!
Old 18th October 2017
  #2108
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDior View Post
Longtime reader of this site, I have a compressor from acustica on trial...and with no action, no GR; no pre on, no nothing the and only thing I'm clicking is bypass, it totally brings the mix out of the 2d screen and in to the 3d real world like nothing else. Or are there more stars in this universe? This is why I want to ask is the Nebula with it's versatility the way to go or shall I stick with this beauty of Aquamarine? and what is it that it does? Is it all down to space given by IR sampling, Is this plugin a one-off?
Check out compressors by TimP.

Edit: Also, the LA2A preamp (free!) by signaltonoize.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2109
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Gang, I just posted this over in the Acqua thread and realized I probably should've posted it here instead...

---

Nebula brethren (and sisters too!),

I'm recently back on the recording wagon after a few years hiatus... I had to dust off all my AUs and Nebula libraries to remember what I have.

What I'm looking for is either an Acqua plug or a Nebula library to be go-to console or channel strip. A little color, a little gel, a little focus, depth, a little lifting of the digital flatness into something cohesive (I know that gel and focus are sort of opposites, but hey, who said snake oil mojo was supposed to be logical?). Basically, a little bit of vibe. It will more than likely work alongside Airwindows, which I really like.

I definitely lean more vintage than anything lately. I'm thinking of just making things easy on myself and going for Acqua Gold, but at €200 I'm going to look at some other options first.

Signaltonoize has a L-401 vintage console (Langevin) library that seems like it could be ideal.

I'm not really familiar with offerings from AlexB or CDSM (I had their Trident library from awhile back but don't think I have it installed on my new laptop).

TimP doesn't have anything as far as line/pre/strip/console except for this panner/volume library.

So vintage vs modern... think RCA or REDD or Langevin or Neve vs SSL. Any ideas?

Any new library guys out there in the last few years? I only remember TimP, AlexB, CDSM and STN.

PS -- geeze, I just remembered Henry O! I bought a ton of his stuff back in the day, but my only backup drive got submerged in sea water... ugh!
I had no idea signaltonoize has a console library. I must check it out ....

For consoles, most on here rank AlexB's MFC (AMS 88) at the top ... but I believe he just updated his S*L 4000 and it's getting great reviews (I haven't tried it yet). I also own his N14 console (80 series) and it's quite good. However, I recently put the pre from TimP's Blue 1102 library (vintage N*ve) on every channel of a mix and then an HO Titan V2 pre as well as another Blue on the master bus and WOW. I also have AlexB's A16 library (vintage American) which is great.

For other things, TimP's U76, 0pto, Sum 100a, and vari level compressors are must haves. He's releasing an S*L bus compressor very soon too, which beta testers are saying is fantastic. I've only tried the various level but will be purchasing the others ASAP as users are just raving about them.

There are a lot of great EQs but Acquas offer the convenience of all bands in one instance.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2110
Lives for gear
 
swartzfeger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I had no idea signaltonoize has a console library. I must check it out ....

For consoles, most on here rank AlexB's MFC (AMS 88) at the top ... but I believe he just updated his S*L 4000 and it's getting great reviews (I haven't tried it yet). I also own his N14 console (80 series) and it's quite good. However, I recently put the pre from TimP's Blue 1102 library (vintage N*ve) on every channel of a mix and then an HO Titan V2 pre as well as another Blue on the master bus and WOW. I also have AlexB's A16 library (vintage American) which is great.

For other things, TimP's U76, 0pto, Sum 100a, and vari level compressors are must haves. He's releasing an S*L bus compressor very soon too, which beta testers are saying is fantastic. I've only tried the various level but will be purchasing the others ASAP as users are just raving about them.

There are a lot of great EQs but Acquas offer the convenience of all bands in one instance.
I'll check out the AlexB MFC for sure.

Yes, the TimP Blue 1102 is on my radar, and I already own the TimP U76. Those along with the LA2A pre from signaltonoize might be a good start.

I've gotta login to my HO account, or check my PayPal receipts... I might've bought the Titan along with a lot of other stuff I don't recall at the moment.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2111
Lives for gear
 

AlexB's latest 9000 console is superb.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2112
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
AlexB's latest 9000 console is superb.
Oh yeah, the latest console is 9000, not 4000. My mistake.

I'm test driving some of signaltonoize's libraries now. The free demos sound quite good to me .... I never realized he had so many libraries. Some of the transformer-coupled ones sound tasty (Langevin, Rite Red One with the pumpkin transformer, etc.).
Old 18th October 2017
  #2113
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Agree @rosewood123 - AlexB's MFC is damn amazing. I'll grab the SSL 9K to try since it's getting rave reviews. That comp list is essential, could easily live on those alone. Although I'd add Violet as it's kickass on the mixbus after SAND (which will likely change to Tims new SSL bus comp). Happy ITB days!

Which Titan pre did you try on the master? I've only ever used it on channels. Nice idea with Blue pres per channel, might try that today also.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2114
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Do try Novatron on the mixbus. MAGIC. Pure magic.

Wide, deep and big!
Old 18th October 2017
  #2115
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Agree @rosewood123 - AlexB's MFC is damn amazing. I'll grab the SSL 9K to try since it's getting rave reviews. That comp list is essential, could easily live on those alone. Although I'd add Violet as it's kickass on the mixbus after SAND (which will likely change to Tims new SSL bus comp). Happy ITB days!

Which Titan pre did you try on the master? I've only ever used it on channels. Nice idea with Blue pres per channel, might try that today also.
Oh yes, Violet is great! I put the Medium Titan with no pad on the mix bus. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between Low, Med, and High, but I'm guessing they're input levels. I know Will The Weirdo really loves Titan on High, but I find that can get out of control for me sometimes. YMMV.

I really like Kush Audio's stuff. His transformer plugins are nice as saturation effects. I'm hoping he does the Telefunken V72 as was rumoured a while ago. I was really excited to see that HO sampled Clariphonic too. I'm going to try out Novatron today.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2116
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Oh yes, Violet is great! I put the Medium Titan with no pad on the mix bus. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between Low, Med, and High, but I'm guessing they're input levels. I know Will The Weirdo really loves Titan on High, but I find that can get out of control for me sometimes. YMMV.

I really like Kush Audio's stuff. His transformer plugins are nice as saturation effects. I'm hoping he does the Telefunken V72 as was rumoured a while ago. I was really excited to see that HO sampled Clariphonic too. I'm going to try out Novatron today.
Thanks, I'll give it a pop. Will knows his stuff!

Enjoy Novatron :¬)

Last edited by b0se; 18th October 2017 at 06:43 PM..
Old 18th October 2017
  #2117
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between Low, Med, and High, but I'm guessing they're input levels. .
Yes it is the input level hitting those transformers, the hotter you hit them, the harmonic distortion saturates in a unique way. I use HO's Titan 2 and 73 pre's all the time, and low, med, high, and distort all get used for different tasks.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2118
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Any word when this is gonna drop ...
Very soon, I'm testing the release version right now.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2119
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Very soon, I'm testing the release version right now.
* Rubs hands together *
Old 18th October 2017
  #2120
Wow! Joining the party Why I haven't discovered this thread before???? hahaha

One question ... is any la2a comp nebula library? I have found preamp libraries but do not comp.
Old 18th October 2017
  #2121
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Wow! Joining the party Why I haven't discovered this thread before???? hahaha

One question ... is any la2a comp nebula library? I have found preamp libraries but do not comp.
I don't know any La2a.

But TimP has an awesome La3a that you can change the attack behavior to be like the 2a. Far from the same thing, but it is something.

And the 3a is just the best 3a ITB. Beautiful tone.
Old 19th October 2017
  #2122
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I don't know any La2a.

But TimP has an awesome La3a that you can change the attack behavior to be like the 2a. Far from the same thing, but it is something.

And the 3a is just the best 3a ITB. Beautiful tone.
I have Blue Mu and U76 in the shopping cart. Also thinking about 100a, but I have Softube TLA100 so don't know if it worths it. I also have Acustica Titanium but I think Blue Mu is some kind of hybrid between the Tubetech and Fairchild stuff. The other day I bought the n60a, stunning ... in the way a 160a could be of course hahaha. Do anyone have demos of the 3a attitude?
Old 19th October 2017
  #2123
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I don't know any La2a.

But TimP has an awesome La3a that you can change the attack behavior to be like the 2a. Far from the same thing, but it is something.

And the 3a is just the best 3a ITB. Beautiful tone.
This! Opto 3A is superb. Make sure you get Vari Level also (Sta). Amazing on vocals.
Old 19th October 2017
  #2124
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
I have Blue Mu and U76 in the shopping cart. Also thinking about 100a, but I have Softube TLA100 so don't know if it worths it. I also have Acustica Titanium but I think Blue Mu is some kind of hybrid between the Tubetech and Fairchild stuff.
I believe Blue Mu is the TUBE-TECH LCA 2B
Old 19th October 2017
  #2125
Lives for gear
Guys with all this well deserved talk for Timp's new comps, don't forget Cupwise's recent and amazing A*I.

Great on its own, but I just ran that in series before N4 Violet on MB and it was astonishingly good.
Old 19th October 2017
  #2126
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
I believe Blue Mu is the TUBE-TECH LCA 2B
I believe so too and it is lovely and pillowy. I mostly have issues with AA compression in general, but still like this one a lot for certain things. Pillowy plop.
Old 19th October 2017
  #2127
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Guys with all this well deserved talk for Timp's new comps, don't forget Cupwise's recent and amazing A*I.

Great on its own, but I just ran that in series before N4 Violet on MB and it was astonishingly good.
Not heard of this, what's it based on?
Old 19th October 2017
  #2128
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
I believe so too and it is lovely and pillowy. I mostly have issues with AA compression in general, but still like this one a lot for certain things. Pillowy plop.
Haha!
Old 19th October 2017
  #2129
Gear Nut
 
Cali.bre's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Not heard of this, what's it based on?

An API 527, I believe.
Old 19th October 2017
  #2130
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
An API 527, I believe.
And it is really good, btw.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
quincyg / Music Computers
754
Dom & Roland / The Moan Zone
10
marshallplexi / Music Computers
6
fingerbeats / Music Computers
10
Patric Noonan / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump