The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
Sum100a is a fantastic vocal leveler!

No disrespect to anyone else, they all have their strengths but TimP is the Nebula dev to beat, as far as I'm concerned.
His EQs nail color without the aliasing and transient smearing we sometimes see elsewhere and his compressors are ahead of the curve in terms of compression action in Nebula.
Not to mention the great N3 skins which enhance functionality and give us a small taste of the Aqua experience...
It's not hard to see why AA would want to suppress multi-loading in N4 when we have access to libraries of Tim's quality...
From one perspective that may be what it looks like, but AA can't suppress what is not there..... they have to still build multi-library loading into N4, keeping backward compatibility. This is slowly happening but any developer wanting to use N4 will have to pay licensing to support the N4 platform, which is only fair.

Use Gold and you'll understand how much Nebula tech has improved, and AA's quality is becoming very good, only Tim is better IMHO, but AA has closed the gap big time. Tim needs to be in on N4 with AA, but that's between them to work out.

AITB is in for N4, I hope TimP, AlexB and Tim Cupwise join in.

N3 will slowly fade as soon as setups for N4 is out. N4 is is the future like it or not.

To each their own.
Old 30th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post

What do you mean exactly? I currently own some of AITB, TimP, Cupwise and AlexB libraries, and they all run smoothly in N4. TimP is also updating his skins to N4, and the first ones are already out.
Sorry, I do not speak english very well and maybe I have not understood what do you mean: Do you refer to an agreement about fees, compatibility issues, co-working in developement or what else?
Old 30th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
From one perspective that may be what it looks like, but AA can't suppress what is not there..... they have to still build multi-library loading into N4, keeping backward compatibility. This is slowly happening but any developer wanting to use N4 will have to pay licensing to support the N4 platform, which is only fair.

Use Gold and you'll understand how much Nebula tech has improved, and AA's quality is becoming very good, only Tim is better IMHO, but AA has closed the gap big time. Tim needs to be in on N4 with AA, but that's between them to work out.

N3 will slowly fade as soon as setups for N4 is out. N4 is is the future like it or not.

To each their own.

Perhaps "suppress" was the wrong word...but G has since stated this function might have adverse ramifications for the AA business model and Aquas are more lucrative, so it's not hard to see multi-loading coming much further down the list of priorities at this time...

But yes I agree, Gold really does showcase some of the great advancements made by AA and it's definitely an attractive package in terms of work flow, but to my ears, the quality of Tim's libraries are still the Gold Standard (pun intended).

I would LOVE to see him aboard the N4 train!
Old 30th April 2017
Gear Guru

Will, does N4 actually SOUND better than N3, running the same libraries?
Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Will, does N4 actually SOUND better than N3, running the same libraries?
N4 does not have setups yet so I'm still mostly Nebula 3 right now and have not done any serious comparisons, but some I trust claim N4 sound is improved. Until I test it myself, maybe is my answer, lol.
Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
What do you mean exactly? I currently own some of AITB, TimP, Cupwise and AlexB libraries, and they all run smoothly in N4. TimP is also updating his skins to N4, and the first ones are already out.
Sorry, I do not speak english very well and maybe I have not understood what do you mean: Do you refer to an agreement about fees, compatibility issues, co-working in developement or what else?
All of those libraries were sampled with Nat3 or Nebula 3 using Core 5 I believe. We are on Core 9 and Nat 4 is soon to be released to qualified developers. If you are not on the N4 list you will not have access to all the upgrades and advancements N4 offers today and moving forward....... but Nebula 3 single libraries will still load in N4.

Do remember it was the Nebula 2-3 limitations that forced real workflow changes for many of us, N4 will return many back to a normal-ish workflow, saving time like the Acqua's do.

So while today Surge is all single band, I look forward to the day Surge is optimized for N4, in a full Acqua type EQ strip with preamp for a normal efficient workflow with the fine tuned multi-threading N4 on Core 13, featuring distortion and fully select-able reverb and chorus modulation.
Old 30th April 2017
Lives for gear

Is TimP's CADPAN volume sampled from the CADAC console? If so, I wonder what type (says 80s ...). Also, it says the pan and harmonic behavior are captured, but would this also include sampling all the module characteristics (e.g., transformers and such)? Please forgive the noob question. I'm assuming the preamp must be sampled if crosstalk and harmonics are captured.
Old 30th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
All of those libraries were sampled with Nat3 or Nebula 3 using Core 5 I believe. We are on Core 9 and Nat 4 is soon to be released to qualified developers. If you are not on the N4 list you will not have access to all the upgrades and advancements N4 offers today and moving forward....... but Nebula 3 single libraries will still load in N4.

Do remember it was the Nebula 2-3 limitations that forced real workflow changes for many of us, N4 will return many back to a normal-ish workflow, saving time like the Acqua's do.

So while today Surge is all single band, I look forward to the day Surge is optimized for N4, in a full Acqua type EQ strip with preamp for a normal efficient workflow with the fine tuned multi-threading N4 on Core 13, featuring distortion and fully select-able reverb and chorus modulation.
Ok, thank you! It's much clearer to me now...
And then, yes, if the main developers join N4 that would be a huge improvement (together with incorporating "setups" functionality in N4).
Old 1st May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Haha, just started reading about the hardware:

Some people have been asking for the programs, so here they are:

[Nebula] Chandler TG2.zip

+ some other older freebies:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!
Just ran across this thread, I went to download the Chandler TG2 but it said you needed to approve it first. Any chance of you sharing it again?
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
I did finally get the VNXT today. Well, the first impression was like Holy Sh*t!! And after few hours with it I was still like Holy Sh*t, lol .. I also purchased PoolTeQ.. So far Gyrator has been my only Neb EQ. What a fun day I think you can relate.. After all it is my first day with THESE sounds. They're both HUGE!!!
Just had this exact feeling with VNXT 140 this weekend. I had never used a nebula reverb before. Holy ****! is the right expression

Compared with the other plates reverbs that I have, Nebula wins hands down.

1 month ago I discovered AlexB MFC, also blew my mind. After 5 months of using Nebula, I feel like now I am starting to unfold it's full potential.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Just had this exact feeling with VNXT 140 this weekend. I had never used a nebula reverb before. Holy ****! is the right expression

1 month ago I discovered AlexB MFC, also blew my mind. After 5 months of using Nebula, I feel like now I am starting to unfold it's full potential.
For another flavor of EMT 140 look at Cupwise Plates Of Legend I & II and then VNXT EMT 240e...... you'll then have EMT plates covered, but this is GS and the AITB EAR plates are also good, and they have a whole lot more other verbs.

STN has a bunch of verbs of different types and does not get much attention and Gene Lennon's TC 6000 set is nice too. There are so many Nebula verbs of quality out there....... enjoy.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Thank you, Will, I'll definitely check those.

One thing that bugs me, is that, to hear all the tail of the VNXT 140 I had to change on the Mast page, the L FREQD parameter (increase all the way to the right), the RATE CNV to 9000 and DSPBUFFER to 8192. I have two questions about that: 1- wouldn't that screw my other libraries (TimP and Alex B's)? 2- How do I go back to the default settings? The "defaults" button doesn't seem to work.

I'm using N4 1.4.156
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you, Will, I'll definitely check those.

One thing that bugs me, is that, to hear all the tail of the VNXT 140 I had to change on the Mast page, the L FREQD parameter (increase all the way to the right), the RATE CNV to 9000 and DSPBUFFER to 8192. I have two questions about that: 1- wouldn't that screw my other libraries (TimP and Alex B's)? 2- How do I go back to the default settings? The "defaults" button doesn't seem to work.

I'm using N4 1.4.156
I use setups in N3 and make each library with the settings suggested by each Developer for optimal results. In N4 I would copy the main Nebula and make the changes like we did for years in N3. You load up that instance when you want to use the verb.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I use setups in N3 and make each library with the settings suggested by each Developer for optimal results. In N4 I would copy the main Nebula and make the changes like we did for years in N3. You load up that instance when you want to use the verb.
Gotcha, thanks. I hope they bring Setups to N4.
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

It's in the plan.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
It's in the plan.
I hope so.

I bought this (N4) recently thinking it was the flagship.

I didn't realize it had taken a bit of a backburner role. Upon further digging it seems there is discontent on both sides between AA and 3rd party developers. What do we have to do to patch things up?

In the meantime, all the Olonga offerings are great.

I purchased TimP's sum100 and AlexB's CLG germanium offerings. I love this stuff. It's amazing really. I close my eyes and smile. And at core 4 or 5?

I would love to see a really healthy future for N4.
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
I hope so.

I bought this (N4) recently thinking it was the flagship.

I didn't realize it had taken a bit of a backburner role. Upon further digging it seems there is discontent on both sides between AA and 3rd party developers. What do we have to do to patch things up?

In the meantime, all the Olonga offerings are great.

I purchased TimP's sum100 and AlexB's CLG germanium offerings. I love this stuff. It's amazing really. I close my eyes and smile. And at core 4 or 5?

I would love to see a really healthy future for N4.
Nebula is the flagship, the Acqua's are multi Nebula combinations. Look for AA to bring everything together over the next few years.
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Hello everyone, I would like to know which are your favorites libraries among signaltonoize and cdsoundmaster. I know how good are Timp,Cupwise and AlexB libraries (and I own some of their libraries), but now I'm combing through these developer's offerings. They seems very interesting but there is often no demo at all or a very limited one...
For example, anyone tried the mojo libraries of STN? They offer something more than the free Olonga mojo libraries?
Cdsoundmaster is interesting too... favorite libraries? For example: why their consoles are almost never mentioned?

I already know about high appreciation of STN verbs and Cdsoundmaster tapes, but would like to know about their other libraries too: They have a very large catalogue...
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Addict

Cdsoundmaster latest consoles are my favourites. Really beautifully sampled. Acc and SSL 4ke are my goto's.

Other favourites are The Peak (acqua) and N-ten-at-4 (acqua). That 1084 Preamp is top 5 of all neb/acqua-preamps.
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
Cdsoundmaster latest consoles are my favourites. Really beautifully sampled. Acc and SSL 4ke are my goto's.

Other favourites are The Peak (acqua) and N-ten-at-4 (acqua). That 1084 Preamp is top 5 of all neb/acqua-preamps.
Thank you!! it's a pity that their acqua are not multi-band like AA ones...
I will check for sure some of the libraries you've mentioned (the consoles above all...). The peak is really excellent and very musical: I've used the hi-shelf, which is free...

What are the remaining 4 top preamp for you?
By now my favourite are HO Titan Helios, TCS Elite Pre and G20, and AlexB EMIRoad and A16 pre (from the A16 console)
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Addict

My top 8 preamps:
CDSM N-ten-at-4
Olonga Titan Pre
Timp Blue 1102
Timp Decca Rawstate
Alexb Neo preamp
Cupwise Urei (from mixing filters pack)
Cupwise Baltec (Calrec console from mixing filters pack)
CDSM ACC pre
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
My top 8 preamps:
CDSM N-ten-at-4
Olonga Titan Pre
Timp Blue 1102
Timp Decca Rawstate
Alexb Neo preamp
CDSM ACC pre
Wow, thank for the tips!
I've bought Cupwise mixing filters pack last week, but I haven't tried it yet...
Old 9th May 2017
Lives for gear

Top toys of the week.

AlexB A16 console.
AlexB A5 EQ.

Been messing with these just on the Mesa's in Amp4. Wow.
Old 9th May 2017
Lives for gear

My top 8 Nebula preamps:
HO Titan 2
HO 1073
Timp Blue 1102
Tim P Decca
Tim Cupwise 66
Tim Cupwise Vari Mu
STN Moog, Oberheim, & MPC 3K
Alex B Moog
Old 9th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

MFC on the master makes me very happy indeed :¬)

Quote:
My top 8 preamps:
CDSM N-ten-at-4
Olonga Titan Pre
Timp Blue 1102
Timp Decca Rawstate
Alexb Neo preamp
CDSM ACC pre

Quote:
My top 8 Nebula preamps:
HO Titan 2
HO 1073
Timp Blue 1102
Tim P Decca
Tim Cupwise 66
Tim Cupwise Vari Mu
STN Moog, Oberheim, & MPC 3K
Alex B Moog
Nice lists fellas!
Old 9th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

He he, speaking of CDSM N at Ten, it's being given away by entering this sweepstake from Track Spark. Nice freebie!

http://woobox.com/dxcse5/iw2s2t
Old 10th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
He he, speaking of CDSM N at Ten, it's being given away by entering this sweepstake from Track Spark. Nice freebie!

http://woobox.com/dxcse5/iw2s2t
Oooh, yippie! Thanks for mentioning this! Can't wait to try it.

Got AlexB's N14 today and it sounds stellar. I also have MFC, which is phenomenal. I'm excited to compare these to CDSM TEN-AT4.

Edit: Anyone tried CDSM's Q8 444X EQ/CONSOLE COMBO? If so, what do you think?

Last edited by rosewood123; 10th May 2017 at 02:59 AM..
Old 10th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Edit: Anyone tried CDSM's Q8 444X EQ/CONSOLE COMBO? If so, what do you think?
I've used it - good stuff! I was partial to the Globe console, too. But, you can try it and see what you think. He offers free a free sample library on the info page: CDSoundMaster Audio Software

Old 10th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I've used it - good stuff! I was partial to the Globe console, too. But, you can try it and see what you think. He offers free a free sample library on the info page: CDSoundMaster Audio Software

Ah, I'd like to try the Globe as well. I keep seeing it pop up on various forums and thinking that I need to grab it. So far I'm very pleased with the two that I've gotten from AlexB, but now that I've gotten a taste, there's no stopping. I'm also really interested in trying the Tride-N-Tru. For some unexplainable reason, I've always wanted to run things through an A-Range.

I totally missed the free sample libraries. Thanks for pointing them out!
Old 10th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
So far I'm very pleased with the two that I've gotten from AlexB, but now that I've gotten a taste, there's no stopping. I'm also really interested in trying the Tride-N-Tru. For some unexplainable reason, I've always wanted to run things through an A-Range.
Yeah, the Globe is one of my favorites - very underrated and pairs VERY well with the Q8 library. Makes things sound more finished, to my ear. It's a no-brainer, IMO.

Tride N Tru is very good too! Good luck

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search