The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 19th April 2017
  #1771
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
I'e noticed that with Tim Pet and Cupwise's eq's but not actually using the eq. Literally just having it inserted somewhere which is why i set up a couple of pre master busses just for that kind of pass through effect. Bit crushers like the toneboosters one and the d12 decimort do quite a good job at that aswell for less of of cpu hit but they dont give you that OTB flavour Nebula does. I def need to try that Portico now you said that
Decimort is simply fantastic.
Old 20th April 2017
  #1772
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

Loving my new Gold, and loving my new Neb4.

Favorite Tim P EQ's?
Is Blue a favorite? How do these stack up against Gold?

Favorite Alex B offerings?

Best Cupwise to check out?

Just looking for Neb4 suggestions. Are skins for these working in Neb4?
Old 20th April 2017
  #1773
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Loving my new Gold, and loving my new Neb4.

Favorite Tim P EQ's?
Is Blue a favorite? How do these stack up against Gold?

Favorite Alex B offerings?

Best Cupwise to check out?

Just looking for Neb4 suggestions. Are skins for these working in Neb4?
TimP is developing the last libraries for N4, skin included. And they are very good, just like the AlexB. There are a amazing libraries collection from all the developers just look for the original gear are you looking for and check the trials.

The Nebula land is a long and wonderful path so relax and enjoy the travel.
Old 20th April 2017
  #1774
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

So far I don't see a lot of fully funtioning trials, like on the acqua side. Can you point me to some?

Kind of hard to evaluate an EQ with only the LMF to test, imo.

What would be the first thing you would check from any of these developers?
Old 21st April 2017
  #1775
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
So far I don't see a lot of fully funtioning trials, like on the acqua side. Can you point me to some?

Kind of hard to evaluate an EQ with only the LMF to test, imo.

What would be the first thing you would check from any of these developers?
i would first add a couple of outstanding mastering eq`s

you really cant go wrong with Alex B MMeQ(manley massive passive) and TimP surge ( Gml 8200)

Acquas dont have master eq`s at this quality level yet IMHO

also try vnxt plate and spring verbs,
they have demos , full quality, and you have no time limit on the demos
you get only one preset for each of the demos though but they are very usable

these verbs will most likely surprise you with they're quality if you haven't tried 3rd party nebula verbs yet
Old 21st April 2017
  #1776
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Loving my new Gold, and loving my new Neb4.

Favorite Tim P EQ's?
Is Blue a favorite? How do these stack up against Gold?

Favorite Alex B offerings?

Best Cupwise to check out?

Just looking for Neb4 suggestions. Are skins for these working in Neb4?
Buy without hesitation: TimP Vari Level and Surge EQ, AlexB MFC (console/eq/comp).

All work well with Gold, rater than competing against it.
Old 21st April 2017
  #1777
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
TimP sum 100a is outstanding too
not just the vari level hehe

both are great comps,
go to on vocals for me
what i choose depends on the song
even when its my own vocal it varies what i choose between them in different songs

i consider both as must haves

i have a slight sweet spot for sum 100a personally,
a taste thing
sometimes i add in vari level after sum 100a just for its tone

i favor TimP comps the most in nebula, they got the best behaviour to me

by the way Classic Blue is a great neev eq,
its the only 31102 in nebula/Acqua
and i still like it a lot even after i bought Gold
i would only consider it later for more neev eq flavor
if you already bought Gold though
Old 21st April 2017
  #1778
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
So far I don't see a lot of fully funtioning trials, like on the acqua side. Can you point me to some?

Kind of hard to evaluate an EQ with only the LMF to test, imo.

What would be the first thing you would check from any of these developers?
Visit AlexB's site.

For nearly every library, AlexB offers a DEMO PRESET ... something you can load up in the commercial Neb-3 or N-4.

Even with the limited DEMO preset, you can evaluate with your own audio sources. Grab them all [that's why their there] ... if you dare

Other Dev's offer audio samples to hear.

It is difficult [and reckless] to offer specific library purchases. There are various considerations to each area ... none the least ... personal preference.

2. If anyone ignores the AA website ... that is a huge oversite. The wealth of information, and comments, is un-matched. Every newcomer asks similar questions, and the AA community is there [because ALL of us want to know about each offering]. I've purchased libraries that I would not primarily considered, based on other engineers observations/critique. It has always been to MY benefit.
Old 21st April 2017
  #1779
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
Old 21st April 2017
  #1780
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

A very good start point is the Henry Olonga bundle. There are some gems in that huge pack. It is a gift.
Old 21st April 2017
  #1781
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
TimP sum 100a is outstanding too
not just the vari level hehe

both are great comps,
go to on vocals for me
what i choose depends on the song
even when its my own vocal it varies what i choose between them in different songs

i consider both as must haves

i have a slight sweet spot for sum 100a personally,
a taste thing
sometimes i add in vari level after sum 100a just for its tone

i favor TimP comps the most in nebula, they got the best behaviour to me

by the way Classic Blue is a great neev eq,
its the only 31102 in nebula/Acqua
and i still like it a lot even after i bought Gold
i would only consider it later for more neev eq flavor
if you already bought Gold though
I was trying to think of Sum100A but the name escaped me at the time of the post. Agreed!
Old 21st April 2017
  #1782
Gear Addict
 
mmarra's Avatar
How's AlexB's German EQ (N*[email protected] W495) emulation? I have been looking for a W495 plugin that I can use in mastering...I really don't like the 2 db steps of the original hardware and need finer steps.
Old 21st April 2017
  #1783
Lives for gear
 

The entire AlexB German Mastering Suite is excellent. I use it a lot in Mastering. But I also have many other choices too.
Old 21st April 2017
  #1784
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

I am just seeing the CDsoundmaster 1176 and LA2A preamp collection for Nebula Pro. Not seeing a demo or I am missing it. Has anyone had experience following an algo or other AA comp in the chain with either, or both of these?
Old 21st April 2017
  #1785
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

You can get nice results with a algo and a HO mojo series library after the algo.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1786
Anyone know how to authorize Alex B's MFC?

I'm uploading the .SER to the AA site, but I don't get an email, and aquarious doesn't seem to notice the .SER files, even though they are in a folder that it looks in.

I changed computers, and need this quick for a mix update that had MFC on it already.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1787
Lives for gear
 
Taurean's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Anyone know how to authorize Alex B's MFC?

I'm uploading the .SER to the AA site, but I don't get an email, and aquarious doesn't seem to notice the .SER files, even though they are in a folder that it looks in.

I changed computers, and need this quick for a mix update that had MFC on it already.
Pretty sure you have to email Alex for aut.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1788
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Anyone know how to authorize Alex B's MFC?

I'm uploading the .SER to the AA site, but I don't get an email, and aquarious doesn't seem to notice the .SER files, even though they are in a folder that it looks in.

I changed computers, and need this quick for a mix update that had MFC on it already.
Just send The ser file to AlexB, he will return with the auth.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1789
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Anyone know how to authorize Alex B's MFC?

I'm uploading the .SER to the AA site, but I don't get an email, and aquarious doesn't seem to notice the .SER files, even though they are in a folder that it looks in.

I changed computers, and need this quick for a mix update that had MFC on it already.
You get them direct from Alex.
[email protected]
Old 28th April 2017
  #1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
You get them direct from Alex.
[email protected]
Great, Thanks guys!
Old 28th April 2017
  #1791
That was fast. He already sent the files.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1792
Lives for gear
 

I'm considering either AlexB's N14 console (Neve 8014) or the Modern White Console (RND 8088). They're probably both excellent but I'm just wondering if there are any recommendations or preferences from those who've tried both. I'm leaning towards the N14 for more of a vintage vibe.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I'm considering either AlexB's N14 console (Neve 8014) or the Modern White Console (RND 8088). They're probably both excellent but I'm just wondering if there are any recommendations or preferences from those who've tried both. I'm leaning towards the N14 for more of a vintage vibe.
I've got to tell you, last night while I was trying to get where I could use MFC Modern MBuss (license issue), I swapped over to the same on N14, and it was glorious.

Haven't used the MWC
Old 28th April 2017
  #1794
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
I've got to tell you, last night while I was trying to get where I could use MFC Modern MBuss (license issue), I swapped over to the same on N14, and it was glorious.

Haven't used the MWC
The next console I'll probably buy is the Neo Console. Really got my attention with the sound demos.

I haven't see a lot of people talking about it, tho.
Old 28th April 2017
  #1795
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
I've got to tell you, last night while I was trying to get where I could use MFC Modern MBuss (license issue), I swapped over to the same on N14, and it was glorious.

Haven't used the MWC
This is convincing. I've heard a lot of praise for the N14. Seems like a no-brainer to pick up. I guess the best thing to do is try the demos and compare.
Old 29th April 2017
  #1796
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
This is convincing. I've heard a lot of praise for the N14. Seems like a no-brainer to pick up. I guess the best thing to do is try the demos and compare.
You could try Gold, the last Accua
Old 29th April 2017
  #1797
Lives for gear
 

I also see that CDSoundMaster has a Q8 EQ/console library. Basically the original to the Pacifica circuitry. Very intriguing.

Edit: Sorry to keep posting, but AlexB's American 16 console also looks amazing. I am like a kid in a candy store! It's going to be hard to decide on things for keeping consistency for projects (e.g., sticking with a Neve or API mixbuss for an album, etc.).

Last edited by rosewood123; 30th April 2017 at 12:35 AM..
Old 30th April 2017
  #1798
Lives for gear
 
Taurean's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I also see that CDSoundMaster has a Q8 EQ/console library. Basically the original to the Pacifica circuitry. Very intriguing.

Edit: Sorry to keep posting, but AlexB's American 16 console also looks amazing. I am like a kid in a candy store! It's going to be hard to decide on things for keeping consistency for projects (e.g., sticking with a Neve or API mixbuss for an album, etc.).
get 'em all man
Old 30th April 2017
  #1799
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I also see that CDSoundMaster has a Q8 EQ/console library. Basically the original to the Pacifica circuitry. Very intriguing.
The Q8 is a Quad Eight library, they were API's biggest US competition and had a similar opamp sound. Quad Eight made some fantastic film consoles and yes, the Pacifica is a modern recreation of a Quad Eight strip.
Old 30th April 2017
  #1800
Gear Nut
 
Cali.bre's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
TimP sum 100a is outstanding too
not just the vari level hehe

both are great comps,
go to on vocals for me
what i choose depends on the song
even when its my own vocal it varies what i choose between them in different songs

i consider both as must haves

i have a slight sweet spot for sum 100a personally,
a taste thing
sometimes i add in vari level after sum 100a just for its tone

i favor TimP comps the most in nebula, they got the best behaviour to me

by the way Classic Blue is a great neev eq,
its the only 31102 in nebula/Acqua
and i still like it a lot even after i bought Gold
i would only consider it later for more neev eq flavor
if you already bought Gold though
Sum100a is a fantastic vocal leveler!

No disrespect to anyone else, they all have their strengths but TimP is the Nebula dev to beat, as far as I'm concerned.
His EQs nail color without the aliasing and transient smearing we sometimes see elsewhere and his compressors are ahead of the curve in terms of compression action in Nebula.
Not to mention the great N3 skins which enhance functionality and give us a small taste of the Aqua experience...
It's not hard to see why AA would want to suppress multi-loading in N4 when we have access to libraries of Tim's quality...
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
quincyg / Music Computers
754
Dom & Roland / The Moan Zone
10
marshallplexi / Music Computers
6
fingerbeats / Music Computers
10
Patric Noonan / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump