The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

There is an entire FORUM on the AA site. Should check it out for all answers
Old 8th February 2017
Lives for gear

Henry Olonga is Calling all Samplers and coders - crowd instrument editing

are there some talented guys in here ?

he is making a really realistic sounding piano based on his incredible skills
but it requires a lot of time

the piano sampling is finished but its not a one man job getting it together

check out this thread on AA forum if you got some skills good folks
or want to help out with the easier parts

• View topic - Calling all Samplers and coders - crowd instrument editing

i wish i had the skills so i could help him
but no sampling skills or coding skills here
im still going to ask if there is something i can do to help

i really would want his piano, as i use sampled pianos a lot
i cant imagine how good a HO piano would sound like

he wants to provide us outstanding sounding tools again very cheap or perhaps even free

Henry is reaching out to this fine community
i hope the community respond

Cheers
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear

I'd like to hear some impressions on the N14 console.I recently tried the N54 compressor demo and the vibe was seriously impressive. So that got me thinking about the N14, are there any similarities between the two vibe vise? Lately I've used mostly MFC and occasionally the A16. For some reason I've found out that at times my mixes turn out to have this just slightly "metallic" sound to them, I can't put my finger on it and the clients love the mixes I've done. But to me it becomes an issue as it causes ear strain as when I get obsessed with it, it's shifting my focus from the emotional impact of the mix. I think I have this issue particularly with the MFC Air&Punch program. It's been helpful to build the mix faster, but I think it also adds something to my issue. Any similar experiences?

On my latest project I've combined different output/mix buss programs and I like the sound but then again the source material is different etc. I also wonder if the xml settings contribute to this, as some users report that you should use different settings on consoles, eq's and pre's..
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear

well ... MFC Air&Punch is not flat.

I have all the AlexB console Suites. They are each different and excellent.

In particular, I've been on the 4K and GermanMastering desk for a series of Mastering sessions.

The N14 is a different flavor Neve from them MFC. As much as I use MFC, I'm glad to have options to fit the attitude of the track.
Old 11th February 2017
Love the AlexB consoles! We mostly use the MFC/Modern on our mixes and occasionally the N14. These consoles have turned from "must have" to "essential", can't even imagine mixing our type of original tunes and soundtracks without them.
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear

+1 on AlexB consoles. MFC Modern preset are on all of my movie cues while 4KC Modern preset for EDM and songs. Coupled it with Lime or Sand, they sound outrageously euphoric
Old 13th February 2017
Lives for gear

Cheers for your perspective Yeah I know that Air&Punch is far from flat, I found every M.Buss program on MFC drastically different. Using A&P on mix buss based on making a fast mix from the ground up and then choosing the program that seemed to suit the tracked material and the vibe, so it stayed for some time there, as I was trying to learn to commit to it, like it was my "console". It just doesn't suit all material and it could be also my ear just getting "bored" with it.. Oh the amount of possibilities The latest project I'm working on benefits the most from the HO's Girthy Master Easy, sounds divine and well, classic. Any further descriptions on the N14 are appreciated and very welcome!
Old 10th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
+1 on AlexB consoles. MFC Modern preset are on all of my movie cues while 4KC Modern preset for EDM and songs. Coupled it with Lime or Sand, they sound outrageously euphoric
Any thoughts on MFC vs Lime mix buses?

I've got and dig Lime (the 88R mix bus in particular) but am curious about whether I'd get a bit more magic from MFC.
Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggo Myrtle View Post
Any thoughts on MFC vs Lime mix buses?

I've got and dig Lime (the 88R mix bus in particular) but am curious about whether I'd get a bit more magic from MFC.
I think both are great. Lime Mix buss preset are somewhat "clean-ish" like MFC clean buss preset.

What i like about MFC is that AlexB made some great go to presets for instant results like:

MFC M.Bus Air&Punch MixBus with equalizer patched useful for airy & punching sound.

MFC M.Bus Modern MixBus with equalizer patched useful for modern and polished sound.

and lastly MFC M.Bus Cine MixBus with wider stereo image useful for soundtrack and symphonic music.

3 wonderful colours to play with
Old 10th March 2017
Quote:
I think both are great. Lime Mix buss preset are somewhat "clean-ish" like MFC clean buss preset.

What i like about MFC is that AlexB made some great go to presets for instant results like:

MFC M.Bus Air&Punch MixBus with equalizer patched useful for airy & punching sound.

MFC M.Bus Modern MixBus with equalizer patched useful for modern and polished sound.

and lastly MFC M.Bus Cine MixBus with wider stereo image useful for soundtrack and symphonic music.

Cool - thanks!

Based on the audio demos on Alex B's website, I dug MFC modern the best out of all the consoles.

Think I'll grab it.

Cheers!

Old 10th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggo Myrtle View Post
Cool - thanks!

Based on the audio demos on Alex B's website, I dug MFC modern the best out of all the consoles.

Think I'll grab it.

Cheers!

Most welcome..do checkout 4KC as well. Another fav of mine for EDM or pop stuff coupled with Sand or Lime
Old 10th March 2017
Quote:
Most welcome..do checkout 4KC as well. Another fav of mine for EDM or pop stuff coupled with Sand or Lime

Yeah I just had another listen to the demos and I really like the sound of the 4KC. Very punchy and clear.
Old 11th March 2017
Wouldn't want to mix without AlexB MFC - Modern! It sounded right the first time I used it and went back over the past year and remixed 80 or so of our tunes using it. Some find it subtle but we all said "wait a minute" on first listen.
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Uuuh.

I'm late to the party, but...

HOLY ****!

Now I get it.

I wish I'd bought Nebula before I went through the usual (well known) ITB stuff. Just used CDSM, TimP's Surge and AlexB's MFC for mastering (along with SAND comp, Pearl EQ and Coral) and BAM. Absolutely transformed. Mojo, depth and character.

Just need a Pultec EQ now. Purple, Tim's or Alex's? Anyone used all three?
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

You were asking for a vocal comp. Have you tried Tim's Vari Level? It is my go to nowadays.

Of the Pultecs, I like Purple a lot, but the consensus is that it is not the most accurate - at least not what people are used with Pultecs. Purple seems to have more high end, which, for me, makes it better and more usable for mix bus, for example.
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
You were asking for a vocal comp. Have you tried Tim's Vari Level? It is my go to nowadays.

Of the Pultecs, I like Purple a lot, but the consensus is that it is not the most accurate - at least not what people are used with Pultecs. Purple seems to have more high end, which, for me, makes it better and more usable for mix bus, for example.
I've bought Tim's Vari L - will be trying that this evening when I return home. SAND does a very good job at high dB (15+). VSC-2 is great for 20dB, excited to see how the Vari works in comparison :¬)

Interesting - it's the mixbus I'm interested in using it on. Thanks.
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

I owe you a thanks for this, it was this post that pointed me at the Modern patch! Amazing.
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Uuuh.

I'm late to the party, but...

HOLY ****!

Now I get it.

I wish I'd bought Nebula before I went through the usual (well known) ITB stuff. Just used CDSM, TimP's Surge and AlexB's MFC for mastering (along with SAND comp, Pearl EQ and Coral) and BAM. Absolutely transformed. Mojo, depth and character.

Just need a Pultec EQ now. Purple, Tim's or Alex's? Anyone used all three?
Tim P. is doing amazing work; unique work in Neb land.
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
Tim P. is doing amazing work; unique work in Neb land.
His Vari Level comp is just stupidly good on vocals. My new go to!

Many talk of Titanium or Navy for the drum buss - is there a well regarded TimP option/competitor?
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
His Vari Level comp is just stupidly good on vocals. My new go to!

Many talk of Titanium or Navy for the drum buss - is there a well regarded TimP option/competitor?
Well they're all tasty and for me it's so conditional as to which one I use. But I will say Tim's tnt and n60 are just sick.
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
Well they're all tasty and for me it's so conditional as to which one I use. But I will say Tim's tnt and n60 are just sick.
Thanks, I'll grab them.
Old 5th April 2017
Gear Nut

im looking for three devices can someone please let me know if they have been sampled yet?
1. eventide reverbs
2. lexicon reverbs
3. dangerous bax eq
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollo321 View Post
im looking for three devices can someone please let me know if they have been sampled yet?
1. eventide reverbs
2. lexicon reverbs
3. dangerous bax eq
CDSM (CD SoundMaster) have a Dangerous BAX EQ library.
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

CORAL [acqua] contains a 4 band BAX. Two Shelfs and 2 Bells, with Hi/Low Filters.
Old 5th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
CORAL [acqua] contains a 4 band BAX. Two Shelfs and 2 Bells, with Hi/Low Filters.
thanks guys, exactly what looking for
only things wish could have now are lexicon and eventide verbs. the nebula bricasti and emt plate are out of this world but need some of that lexicon or eventide flavor. curious if nebula tech isnt able to sample such devices yet or does exist
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

depends on what lexicon you mean

STN have nebula lex 480 libs

Reverb 480 – Nebula Programs – signaltonoize.com
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Not really a fan of Coral's EQ, low shelf is good but after a mild push the high shelf sounds artificial to me (after getting used to Pearl2).
Old 5th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
depends on what lexicon you mean

STN have nebula lex 480 libs

Reverb 480 – Nebula Programs – signaltonoize.com
tried that one while back, i think its quite outdated and doesnt react to sound anything like the real reverb does. kinna like difference between old compressors and new ones in nebula the tech wasnt ready back for them then. hoping to see more of these two reverbs (any model)
Old 6th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollo321 View Post
thanks guys, exactly what looking for
only things wish could have now are lexicon and eventide verbs. the nebula bricasti and emt plate are out of this world but need some of that lexicon or eventide flavor. curious if nebula tech isnt able to sample such devices yet or does exist
I didn't know Nebula had a Bricasti library. Has anyone compared it with the liquidsonics 2 Bricasti fusion IR library?
Old 6th April 2017
Lives for gear

Henry Olonga gave out 2 bricasti presets he called beta so they wasn't official

he gave up on the project because it was impossible to sample it correctly
even how hard he tried
there is modulation going in the HW that cant be sampled with nebula
he was clear on that from the start though

taking the modulations out of the picture it was still hard getting it right he said
so that was the nail in the coffin on that project

he still gave us 2 presets for free that he still thought was usable
+ a sampling of the bricasti AD/DA

im sure most of you guys in here already know about this

but here`s two links
just in case someone missed it

here is the first bricasti preset + bricasti AD/DA
for nebula(scroll to ca middle of the page to find HO link) :

• View topic - Bricasti M7

on this page you find the second HO bricasti preset (last post on the page):

• View topic - Bricasti M7

they are usable

i have put the HO AD/DA after some algo verbs too
to me many algo verbs sounds better when passed through the HO bricasti AD/DA
just the HO AD/DA Bricasti preset alone is very useful to me

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search