The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 17th May 2016
Lives for gear

Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

im trying to set up Alex B 550B eq in nyrv Agent

all steps on the gains works perfect

but with the frequencies the steps is coming in too fast

so i cant have my frequencies stepped like i want in Nyrv

but frequencies are also switching so fast in nebula that i almost barely touch it before i have switched frequency

its happening in nebula too if i use it alone so i dont think its Nyrv causing the problem

is there a way to make them less sensitive so the steps is happening between each frequency can be more more even

in Nebula,in Nyrv or both ?

the first steps on the lows for example with 550B are like millimeters in adjustment between the lows

while the last steps are centimeters, i cant remember i have encountered this problem before and the steps being so uneven between each other

even if i used only nebula alone this is way to sensitive

but it also makes it impossible to setup and enjoy in nyrv Agent

do some librarians varies this much or is there a way to adjust it in Nebula ?

if they do varies this much this will make me hesitate buying more stepped eq`s

Thanks for answers in advance
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
im trying to set up Alex B 550B eq in nyrv Agent

all steps on the gains works perfect

but with the frequencies the steps is coming in too fast

so i cant have my frequencies stepped like i want in Nyrv

but frequencies are also switching so fast in nebula that i almost barely touch it before i have switched frequency

its happening in nebula too if i use it alone so i dont think its Nyrv causing the problem

is there a way to make them less sensitive so the steps is happening between each frequency can be more more even

in Nebula,in Nyrv or both ?

the first steps on the lows for example with 550B are like millimeters in adjustment between the lows

while the last steps are centimeters, i cant remember i have encountered this problem before and the steps being so uneven between each other

even if i used only nebula alone this is way to sensitive

but it also makes it impossible to setup and enjoy in nyrv Agent

do some librarians varies this much or is there a way to adjust it in Nebula ?

if they do varies this much this will make me hesitate buying more stepped eq`s

Thanks for answers in advance
Have you tried using the shift key while mouse-wheeling the parameter? That is a system-wide (usually) way for more precise mouse-wheel use in plugins, DAW's , etc.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
Have you tried using the shift key while mouse-wheeling the parameter? That is a system-wide (usually) way for more precise mouse-wheel use in plugins, DAW's , etc.
exactly same answer i got from Alex B hehe

nope, that doesn't change the fact its still messes up my setup in nyrv

and 550B its the only eq that is totally ruining my nyrv Agent experience so far

N73 was a little off too but i discovered its possible to tweak the Nyrv setting a little to make it work

thanks to nyrv setting N73 now works perfect in N Agent :

but the 550B is actually so far off its not possible to correct it within Nyrv

i cant blame Agent for this as other eq`s work flawless

550B its totally unusable in nyrv

i usually prefer to use my nebula eq`s with nyrv so now i don't think i will buy more stepped eq`s from Alex B,

some clearly don't work so i will absolutely not buy 550A,
some can be tweaked but i cant know that before i have bought them so no go

the non stepped Alex B works great though

i just don't understand why some libs would be so uneven between freq shifts like this

thanks
Old 22nd May 2016
Here for the gear

Have you tried the included skin?
'ALEXB_SKINPRO.n2s' works fine here with bluecat patchwork,
as well as standalone. - Normaly ...

I also see reported behaviour:
low frequencies need small mouse movement, while high frequencies only change with big mouse movement.
The same applies to the mouse-wheel. - Still, careful moves let me reach every step, of the scale.
At least by also touching the shift-key, while using the mouse-wheel.
I can live with it, but I see frequency-steps could be more regular. (N73 Mid Freq EQ)

You can get steps of 0.1 by touching the edge of the buttons, with some other Nebula-libraries.
I guess this is related to sampling and setup of the library.
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabie View Post
Have you tried the included skin?
'ALEXB_SKINPRO.n2s' works fine here with bluecat patchwork,
as well as standalone. - Normaly ...

I also see reported behaviour:
low frequencies need small mouse movement, while high frequencies only change with big mouse movement.
The same applies to the mouse-wheel. - Still, careful moves let me reach every step, of the scale.
At least by also touching the shift-key, while using the mouse-wheel.
I can live with it, but I see frequency-steps could be more regular. (N73 Mid Freq EQ)

You can get steps of 0.1 by touching the edge of the buttons, with some other Nebula-libraries.
I guess this is related to sampling and setup of the library.
thanks for your feedback

i can get the eq to work but in nyrv agent you can set up eq`s to act like a normal eq, almost like an acqua ,
i aslo make custom skins(graphic element) for every eq
so all my my other eq`s in nyrv Agent is a great experience where i don't have to even open up nebula

you can see a little about some of my skins here and how it looks in nyrv Agent :

Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s

but it becomes a buggy one with Alex 550B because its impossible to set up the values with the eq right .
i cant type in values that are this close, then the 30, 40 and 50 hz for example would be on top each other because they shift simply way to fast in the 3 first shifts
Alex b stepped eq`s is the first i have had this problem with so i will skip buying any more stepped from him, unless the problem gets solved

i did email him about it and he said he would perhaps fix it in next release

thats good , still cant buy more stepped eq`s from him though because i don't know when they will be fixed

his non stepped alex B eq`s works like a charm in Nyrv Agent
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
i cant type in values that are this close, then the 30, 40 and 50 hz for example would be on top each other because they shift simply way to fast in the 3 first shifts
I have found a similar issue controlling certain libraries.

For my NVC controller, I had to program a special 'range' routine that related the 128 MIDI values to the library 'stepped' value. There were only 7 stepped values to relate, so not too bad. Other libraries have many more stepped values, so becomes more of a pain.

I also use a similar technique when I want to take a fully variable EQ and add a 'stepped' option in the control.

In my analysis, I never could figure out the values ascribed from the library and co-relate them to a controller knob or slider for some of them. My next thought is to look at the relationship of the external knobs' SWEEP ANGLE. Not sure what that will result. Anyway, some libraries line up ... some don't [and then need special assignment treatment].

To that ... AlexB libraries are too good for me to ignore. Should he update the presets to behave better ... great. If not, I'll customize the relationship to work.
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

does anybody know what HW the Tim P Gyrator is based on ?

Thanks
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
does anybody know what HW the Tim P Gyrator is based on ?

Thanks
A rebuilt (and probably modded) Audix 35102 (or similar)

Great library.
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
A rebuilt (and probably modded) Audix 35102 (or similar)

Great library.

yep agree, its a great eq lib

im looking forward to set it up with a design in nyrv Agent to behave like almost an Acqua

so therefore i needed to know what HW it is to get a little inspiration for the design

but its very cool to know what it actually might be too

theres much to learn from knowing what HW it is IMO

Many Thanks for you're answer sir
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
yep agree, its a great eq lib

im looking forward to set it up with a design in nyrv Agent to behave like almost an Acqua

so therefore i needed to know what HW it is to get a little inspiration for the design

but its very cool to know what it actually might be too

theres much to learn from knowing what HW it is IMO

Many Thanks for you're answer sir
Glad to help when I can....and be annoying the rest of the time.

Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Glad to help when I can....and be annoying the rest of the time.

LOL
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
LOL
You know it's true.....
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
You know it's true.....
Try as you might, I've yet to find you annoying, lol.
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Try as you might, I've yet to find you annoying, lol.
Ok then. I guess I am a failure then....lol. But seriously, thanks. I tend to "speak" (type) my mind, and I have been called "brutally honest" before. In real life I am a nice person.....
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok then. I guess I am a failure then....lol. But seriously, thanks. I tend to "speak" (type) my mind, and I have been called "brutally honest" before. In real life I am a nice person.....
nothing wrong with brutally honest

when people answer brutally honest ,thats when i learn the most

but i have to agree you being really annoying is a failure hehe

very nice to have very experienced people as you around in this thread and other threads

Cheers
Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
You sound like me..... lol. I don't have time to mince words, online or in person.
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

have anyone compared Dual Tech to Purple P-1 ?

i don't expect them to sound the same of course since they are different sampled units, but it would be interesting to hear what you guys think

its been a while since i gave the P-1 demo a spin so i cant compare them

i bought the Dual Tech V.2 but would you still consider P-1 as a must have for the Acquas now when i got the Dual Tech V2 ?

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
have anyone compared Dual Tech to Purple P-1 ?

i don't expect them to sound the same of course since they are different sampled units, but it would be interesting to hear what you guys think

its been a while since i gave the P-1 demo a spin so i cant compare them

i bought the Dual Tech V.2 but would you still consider P-1 as a must have for the Acquas now when i got the Dual Tech V2 ?

Cheers
I have and use both. "Must-have"? If you didn't have ANY Pultec-style in Nebula or Acqua, I'd say one of them was a must-have. But because price-points are so good given the value and usage, I'd say get both unless you really need to conserve the pennies. And if that's the case, don't lose sleep over it, know that you already have ONE of the finest Pultec "plugins" known in this life.

I have always maintained that I prefer Nebula to Acqua anyway. But with some of the recent (and huge) forward strides in this tech, I AM enjoying the luxury of the sleek GUI's of Acqua with zero feelings that I have sacrificed sound.
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have and use both. "Must-have"? If you didn't have ANY Pultec-style in Nebula or Acqua, I'd say one of them was a must-have. But because price-points are so good given the value and usage, I'd say get both unless you really need to conserve the pennies. And if that's the case, don't lose sleep over it, know that you already have ONE of the finest Pultec "plugins" known in this life.

I have always maintained that I prefer Nebula to Acqua anyway. But with some of the recent (and huge) forward strides in this tech, I AM enjoying the luxury of the sleek GUI's of Acqua with zero feelings that I have sacrificed sound.
i do like both platforms very much
they compliment each other very well

my money goes to the pink compressor bundle this month though hehe
so i will make my own custom graphics for Dual Tech in nyrv in the meantime and perhaps get the P-1 later

thanks for you're answer
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

does any of you good folks have any favorites for drum chains ?

it doesn't just have to be nebula only though since i love Acquas too

its folk rock im mixing

i just setup all my mic pres and line ins in agent for 4 of my consoles that i really like, MFC, A16, 4KC and N14, they really make a nice impact and this are with just pres and lines lol,

im gonna set up my group buses next in agent for these 4 consoles

and in nyrv its great just to bypass what i didn't prefer and use what i like for every track, its crazy how these small changes make a great impact for the sound in the whole picture

its so cool to get away with processing and not using a single eq sometimes hehe

but it would be nice to hear what you guys like to use on you're drums,

im mixing real drums now though and i want to get them as good as i can before im gonna use the new pink comps

its the first time im use them for drums

im sure i have asked this before, but again im not sure it was for drums lol

at least not real drums

but this time im gonna copy the answers, all of them and paste them when the next user ask, im gonna credit those i paste though, im not gonna take the credit for the tips i didnt come up with on my own

i hope i get some answers from you guys

any opinion count, some of the passionate hobbyist`s today could be one of the top mixing guys tomorrow,
and some of you are top mixing guys already

nebula community is really great with good folks who is sharing information, it has to be the best community ever, so many great people

we all learn for each other about everything to using right DAW to get the most out our tools and so on

i dont expect that every tip just magically make my drums superb
i need to adjust by ears just as the rest of you

but some go to tools would be cool to hear about

there really are so many tools its easy to drown some times haha

Thanks for answers in advance, really appreciate it

Cheers
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

Don't recall the library name ... but AlexB's SSL-BRN has been getting a lot of calls on recent projects.
The Console and EQ just sound really good. I feel like I'm back in my SSL Mix room. So good.
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear
For Drums I like to use the Studer with tapebooster from CDsoundmaster, A16 and PTQ from Alex B.
I use that for coloring and put a waves ssl after that for convenience, but the Alex B SSL can of course be used in addition if you have the time and power
Old 26th June 2016
Gear Nut

My chain is the same except I use the dual tech v2. I just started using the fat clip in parallel driven hard on an aux bus I send a little of everything to it blended to taste and it really helped my mixes a lot.
If your bass drum isn't cutting also try the vcult it is my go to to make the bass drum cut through. Tone booster is also a great plug in for drums instant punch.
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer View Post
For Drums I like to use the Studer with tapebooster from CDsoundmaster, A16 and PTQ from Alex B.
I use that for coloring and put a waves ssl after that for convenience, but the Alex B SSL can of course be used in addition if you have the time and power
many thanks

i actually went for the studier yesterday hehe

i did set up all the lines and pres for N14, A16, 4KC and MFC
in agent yesterday, its totally awesome using bypass buttons for them, hybrid is the way to go for me, what a luxury
, i just A/B them on every source and go for what i like the best, it works great

i did the same with group buses i put in all consoles in agent with bypass knobs and A/B them

im gonna do the same for the console presets for the 2nd bus

i got away with almost no eq on the drums, that has newer happened to me before lol

and i have tried to mix this particularly song before before before i got into nebula and acqua with algos, it didn't turn out great at all haha

this time im sure its gonna sound just the way i want it

i mostly used the consoles, New pink single channel comp+ tape i did scope out a little mud on the kick and gave the whole drum bus a tiny boost at 2,5 k 1-1.5 db with the amethyst2

i have to mention the new pink comp bundle is crazy good though, this is the best ITB compressor i have heard and its incredible versatile, a great tool for drums so far, but its supposed to sound great on almost anything

i cant wait to try it on vocals today

i felt i had to share the info on new pink comps though being so good on drums , it will be my secret weapon

i think im a little biased towards Agent but i heard that Blue cat patchwork could do a better job at chaining stuff like this

at least when we are on Agent 1.4

the slot limitation in nyrv is a little bothering for now, but i love that i can have graphics in there

luckily the Agent 1.5 light will have unlimited slots+ resizable grid, that would be exactly the program i want as a chainer for Nebula
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrrell View Post
My chain is the same except I use the dual tech v2. I just started using the fat clip in parallel driven hard on an aux bus I send a little of everything to it blended to taste and it really helped my mixes a lot.
If your bass drum isn't cutting also try the vcult it is my go to to make the bass drum cut through. Tone booster is also a great plug in for drums instant punch.
thanks for the tip

i got both those tools , but the kick on these drums was recorded with a U47
it got really good low end already so im being careful with the eqìng for the drums right now

i got a great starting point, so now its time to bring up the bass and lead vocal

but dual tech v2 and vcult will be very useful on kick that need that extra low end, not to mention bass

i also want to mention the Moog 3 band eq from Alex b MPeQ ,
that is a great one for boosting up bass too, it can be really great when combo-ed with a Pultec
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
thanks for the tip

i got both those tools , but the kick on these drums was recorded with a U47
it got really good low end already so im being careful with the eqìng for the drums right now

i got a great starting point, so now its time to bring up the bass and lead vocal

but dual tech v2 and vcult will be very useful on kick that need that extra low end, not to mention bass

i also want to mention the Moog 3 band eq from Alex b MPeQ ,
that is a great one for boosting up bass too, it can be really great when combo-ed with a Pultec
If you need to dial back that U47 kick without EQ, use a HO Titan pre, use the high preset, but experiment to see what works, then dial in some Neve 1073/1084 35Hkz to bring some thump back or the Gyrator down low.

Yes, Moog 3 band on bass and Gyrator 3 band on that kick will shine. Pretty amazing tone from some limited 3 band EQ's, sometimes those limitations allow us to just flow better. As always, to each their own.
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
If you need to dial back that U47 kick without EQ, use a HO Titan pre, use the high preset, but experiment to see what works, then dial in some Neve 1073/1084 35Hkz to bring some thump back or the Gyrator down low.

Yes, Moog 3 band on bass and Gyrator 3 band on that kick will shine. Pretty amazing tone from some limited 3 band EQ's, sometimes those limitations allow us to just flow better. As always, to each their own.
many thanks for the tip Will. the U47 sure is deep lol

almost so big and deep its a little flabby lol, thats why i made a cut at 40 hz and did some scoping on it, but i want to learn how to get away with as little eq as possible

the processing sounds more natural that way using little eq IMO , im saving the MMeQ for the master when its time to do some polishing hehe

the titan is free too, how great is that, Henry Olonga rocks

yep., i forgot to mention the Gyrator, its really great
and its in the works for Agent ns2 preset graphics too

i will finish it the upcoming week

i agree, sometimes limitation in a eq is a real strength for workflow

im gonna follow youre tip here Will and see what i got for a kick after that

i know you know the
U47 very well and just about everything HW so i cant ignore you're tip lol

Cheers
Old 26th June 2016
Guys, what nebula is moog filters?
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search