The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 9th March 2016
Lives for gear

just a fast one about Nyrv agent for the Nebula users

if you have some great ideas that could improve the experience please join this thread
we who use Nebula daily should speak up if some good ideas flyes bye because Nyrv is in that thread too and is listening
there's some news in there too about new 1.5 release

here's the link

Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s

Cheers
Old 10th March 2016
Gear Addict

Master bus eq

Hey All, I posted a shootout in the A/B section of the forum.
It included Pearl and the new AlexB EXeQ.
Love to get some thoughts from other Nebula users.
High Shelf bus- Clariphonic HW vs Clariphonic plug vs AlexB EXeQ vs Pearl
Old 15th March 2016
I found Nyrv Agent a little weird to use... I might give it a second chance
Old 16th March 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
is there an undo button i'm missing?
There is no undo button in Nebula or Acqua...Look in your DAW.
Old 16th March 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
I meant on Nyrv Agent...
Oh, silly me...I saw this was a Nebula thread and assumed that the topic was Nebula....how silly of me to make that mistake.....

Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Question, I have analog in the box APE and Mammoth and CDS AEA EQ and those sound marvelous to me out the box no questions ask.

But the Alex b consoles I cannot hear ANYTHING. I've been at a studio that has the consoles and I cannot hear anything when placed on tracks. I even did 8 channels of drums and loaded nebula on all with the channels and nothing I can here but compared to like IK73 once I press the mic button I hear the tone immediately.

I have personally the new server that looks like Nebula 4 on Windows 10. Alex has the free toft console. Is there a specific setting one must use to hear what is happening? I know subtle but I don't hear no changes. Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post

But the Alex b consoles I cannot hear ANYTHING. I've been at a studio that has the consoles and I cannot hear anything when placed on tracks. I even did 8 channels of drums and loaded nebula on all with the channels and nothing I can here but compared to like IK73 once I press the mic button I hear the tone immediately.
LOL, then just use the IK73 that you like and enjoy your mixes, leave the invisible AlexB consoles to the rest of us.
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
LOL, then just use the IK73 that you like and enjoy your mixes, leave the invisible AlexB consoles to the rest of us.
I've used nebula since 2006 and it has came a long way. I've demo'ed some of the consoles and I've done my gain staging and have listened very very closely. I hear something happening but not drastic. I'm trying to learn. Now his PC&S demo I can really hear those.
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Question, I have analog in the box APE and Mammoth and CDS AEA EQ and those sound marvelous to me out the box no questions ask.

I have personally the new server that looks like Nebula 4 on Windows 10. Alex has the free toft console. Is there a specific setting one must use to hear what is happening? I know subtle but I don't hear no changes. Thanks.
Use the mic pre/line in on drum channels. Bus your drums to a buss and add the drum groupbus preset. Then add the mixbuss modern preset on masterbuss.

Try it out
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
agree, i really like the sound of his consoles even though its no difference in sound even on the modern or fat preset on master with N14,
but its the absolutely best placebo consoles i have i have ever heard
this placebo is tha bomb if you ask me hehe

i don't mean to be rude Patrick_
but you don't even hear a difference when you place Alex consoles on master with for example a modern preset ?
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
agree, i really like the sound of his consoles even though its no difference in sound even on the modern or fat preset on master with N14,
but its the absolutely best placebo consoles i have i have ever heard
this placebo is tha bomb if you ask me hehe

i don't mean to be rude Patrick_
but you don't even hear a difference when you place Alex consoles on master with for example a modern preset ?
I finally heard something but wasn't affected or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:

It is subtle, and cumulative. Use it on every track. Set your gain staging correctly. Do a mix with it 'active' and one with it 'inactive' and then A/B them.
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

hello guys
i dont think any other are more qualified to answer this than you hardcore nebula users

support at AA is always a drag as the explanations almost always are in codes
a simple question can take almost a week to get answered properly so i understand,
they answer so unnecessary technical that you are usually more confused when you get the answer then before you asked i dont know if its a language barrier but things can definitely be explained much more easier than they do at AA support

i prefer GS nebula must have and Acqua thread for this kind of questions

ok so here i go

i struggle with nebula causing crackling noise in windows boot camp, i newer had this problem in osx unless my cpu was in exploding mode hehe

i just went to windows boot camp reaper and the aquas i can actually run twice as many in mixing mode compared to os x reaper and they give me no problems even in ZL
twice the performance with the acquas is pretty amazing on same exact computer

but Nebula is sadly performing horrible, i really didn't see that one coming

nebula regular the latest version that also have ZL is giving me some strange behavior, if i change the buffer size in the regular version the buffer size in the ZL version changes too to exact same buffer size i set the regular version to, its almost like they are linked and are in conflict with each other

so i uninstalled it and installed nebula 3 pro instead, it got better but still i have to have very high buffer size to avoid crackling noises and i cant use many instances before crackling appears again

i know optimizing for audio on windows could help, but this bad behavior i think have to be something else since the acquas are running so good, are there any settings in reaper that can help with running nebula better ?

strange that acquas is working so good and much better than in os x since they are nebula too but in fancy skins
but nebula its self is preforming much worse than in os x

no others of my plug ins is causing crackling so its definitely nebula

i have also tried using external ssd for the libs and also tried the libs on my internal hdd, it didn't solve anything

any suggestions or own experience with this problem ?
im a completely newbie using nebula on windows hehe
have no problem installing it and authorizing it in windows and all that stuff though

thanks for answers in advance
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

I'm not sure what Bootcamp is doing but on my PC Nebula works as perfect as any Acqua. I would look online to tweak you Windows for audio use.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...io-processing/
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not sure what Bootcamp is doing but on my PC Nebula works as perfect as any Acqua. I would look online to tweak you Windows for audio use.

thanks for the link Will

i have read many threads and sites about optimizing audio for windows back in 2011 when i hadn't a mac yet when i used win only, and a lot of research yesterday , but this is by far the best i have found yet thanks to you

strange that nebula pro actually is performing much better than server ultimate did hehe

but i really want the ZL Function so i must find out what causing the trouble

i have changed the settings for the regular optimized system that usually are recommended on many sites,
i just don't know if there are more whistles i have to turn off running windows 8.1 as im not used to it
im not in love with win 8 to be honest hehe but mavericks dont support win 7 in boot camp so i had no choise

but the latency monitor app i found in the link you shared sure could help me finding what causing the trouble
this could really help

Many Thanks
Old 29th March 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
hello guys
i dont think any other are more qualified to answer this than you hardcore nebula users

support at AA is always a drag as the explanations almost always are in codes
a simple question can take almost a week to get answered properly so i understand,
they answer so unnecessary technical that you are usually more confused when you get the answer then before you asked i dont know if its a language barrier but things can definitely be explained much more easier than they do at AA support

i prefer GS nebula must have and Acqua thread for this kind of questions

ok so here i go

i struggle with nebula causing crackling noise in windows boot camp, i newer had this problem in osx unless my cpu was in exploding mode hehe

i just went to windows boot camp reaper and the aquas i can actually run twice as many in mixing mode compared to os x reaper and they give me no problems even in ZL
twice the performance with the acquas is pretty amazing on same exact computer

but Nebula is sadly performing horrible, i really didn't see that one coming

nebula regular the latest version that also have ZL is giving me some strange behavior, if i change the buffer size in the regular version the buffer size in the ZL version changes too to exact same buffer size i set the regular version to, its almost like they are linked and are in conflict with each other

so i uninstalled it and installed nebula 3 pro instead, it got better but still i have to have very high buffer size to avoid crackling noises and i cant use many instances before crackling appears again

i know optimizing for audio on windows could help, but this bad behavior i think have to be something else since the acquas are running so good, are there any settings in reaper that can help with running nebula better ?

strange that acquas is working so good and much better than in os x since they are nebula too but in fancy skins
but nebula its self is preforming much worse than in os x

no others of my plug ins is causing crackling so its definitely nebula

i have also tried using external ssd for the libs and also tried the libs on my internal hdd, it didn't solve anything

any suggestions or own experience with this problem ?
im a completely newbie using nebula on windows hehe
have no problem installing it and authorizing it in windows and all that stuff though

thanks for answers in advance
Check Nebula optimizations from CORE7 Nebula and Acqua are the same framework.
Old 29th March 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
jfjer i love all your posts here and on the Acustica forums

That NI link is the best...again:

My humble advice to you is to go straight to part 3.2.2. Speedstepping.

Do that first!

In Windows 10 go to Power Options and set it to High Performance. You might need to boot in Administrator to change this setting or the sub-settings there.

Remember to reboot and check that your power setting is still the way you set it. Good luck!
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquesilveti View Post
Check Nebula optimizations from CORE7 Nebula and Acqua are the same framework.
if you read what i wrote
maybe you would understand

i said whats so strange is that the acquas is giving me no trouble what so ever
no clicks and pops while nebula is adding horrible clicks and pops(server ultimate)

i uninstalled it and installed nebula 3 pro instead, that performs much better, can you explain why

and while we are at it, im sorry for saying it

i really dont feel i get the answers to my questions on support

i asked if i have to collapse my windows boot camp in os x for some reason and reformat the boot camp will the new formated bootcamp still have the same id so my licenses is working with the new reformatted boot-camp

that answer should be an yes or a no answer
if you dont know, then just say it

the answer i got was how to install acquas and nebula and how to upload ser files, thats so incredible frustrating

is a simple yes or no so hard to write or an easy explanation,
and why talk about something completely different than my question was,
i just dont get it sorry, i don't mean to be rude, but contacting support is actually very time consuming and very frustrating

thats one of the reasons i created GS acqua thread
i get so many easy and straight answers in there

same in nebula must have great thread for everything nebula related

these two treads is one of my best places for getting good information

AA forum is great too but everything got so many threads in there its easy to loose track sometimes, but a friendly community the AA forum is as well , many nice people with common interests

and i see many that are in here or acqua thread in there too

but i have also seen many come form AA forun to the GS thread

i feel much more comfortable asking questions on the GS forum
and im not the only one

i have been contacted quite a few times on my in box on GS on
how to
so i think quite a few dont feel comfortable contacting AA support
and some straight up told me they would not contact support because they got horrible and arrogant aswers

again sorry for saying it but its the truth

i dont know if its a language barrier but if it is,
support needs to learn better English
and support must once and for all understand that we are not coders,
we are musicians, song writers,, mixing enginers,, mastering enginers,, upcoming and new of all what i just said but very few are coders so try to understand that please

we are all kinds of people that do music of some kind hehe

we need easy explanations, a windows computer that is not acting as expected is enough to give me a headache
its not that i cant figure it out its just that i hate spending unessesary time on stuff that is very time consuming when i could been making music or mixing music

it don't feels good to bring so much criticism
but someone must stand up and say it even if it feels bad doing so if something is ever going to change
and this time it was me that stood up

next time will be some others

Peace
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkmuffin View Post
jfjer i love all your posts here and on the Acustica forums

That NI link is the best...again:

My humble advice to you is to go straight to part 3.2.2. Speedstepping.

Do that first!

In Windows 10 go to Power Options and set it to High Performance. You might need to boot in Administrator to change this setting or the sub-settings there.

Remember to reboot and check that your power setting is still the way you set it. Good luck!
thanks mate

Have a nice day
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

i really dont feel i get the answers to my questions on support

it don't feels good to bring so much criticism
but someone must stand up and say it even if it feels bad doing so if something is ever going to change
and this time it was me that stood up

next time will be some others

Peace
Jfjer, what you say is true, AA just don't get it and in actuality they don't care, G has said it many times. If Nebula did not sound as good as it does, they would be toast. Support has helped me, but it takes time. Their grasp of the questions being asked does lack understanding, but they are improving. It is a language and attitude barrier issue for sure. I just demoed the new Prime Studio Plugins, their install instructions were perfectly clear, I have no idea why AA has not copied them, if they did, nobody would ever ask how to install an Acqua/Nebula. Little things like that hurt AA, but as G always says, he does not care. I've come to just accept, it is what it is with AA. Fantastic product, half ass company. If Slate owned AA, they would already have been the top plugin company on the planet.

If I worked at AA here would be my 1st year improvement list:
1. Logical and easy website immanently.
2. Simple but clear instructions in English, Spanish, French , Russian, Italian on EVERYTHING.
3. Active Youtube videos for installing and operating everything Nebula and Acqua. Videos on the technology, video interviews of the AA team. Videos of Engineers mixing with Nebula/Acqua, including before and after results.
4. True multi lingual tech support with knowledgeable responses. Computer Engineering knowledge would be mandatory for all tech support personal. Skype or Face time, remote access help when needed.
5. Demo Acqua's that allow a direct replacement for the paid version using the demo's preexisting settings, for no Studio session replacement down time.
6. A team of social media promoters replacing G and E online. Professionalism all over the net about Nebula/Acqua, to boost the AA public image.
7. All Acqua's would be brought up to the latest Core. Every Acqua improvement would install over preexisting Acqua, as a direct replacement like normal vst's. Again, no studio session down time when upgrading plugins.
8. A rewrite of the company Manifest, bringing the company philosophy up to date and in line with the current company direction.
9. A search for a 3rd party to produce a PCIe DSP card for AA plugins.
10. Reach out to the top Engineers world wide and personally introduce them to Acqua/Nebula.
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Jfjer, what you say is true, AA just don't get it and in actuality they don't care, G has said it many times. If Nebula did not sound as good as it does, they would be toast. Support has helped me, but it takes time. Their grasp of the questions being asked does lack understanding, but they are improving. It is a language and attitude barrier issue for sure. I just demoed the new Prime Studio Plugins, their install instructions were perfectly clear, I have no idea why AA has not copied them, if they did, nobody would ever ask how to install an Acqua/Nebula. Little things like that hurt AA, but as G always says, he does not care. I've come to just accept, it is what it is with AA. Fantastic product, half ass company. If Slate owned AA, they would already have been the top plugin company on the planet.

If I worked at AA here would be my 1st year improvement list:
1. Logical and easy website immanently.
2. Simple but clear instructions in English, Spanish, French , Russian, Italian on EVERYTHING.
3. Active Youtube videos for installing and operating everything Nebula and Acqua. Videos on the technology, video interviews of the AA team. Videos of Engineers mixing with Nebula/Acqua, including before and after results.
4. True multi lingual tech support with knowledgeable responses. Computer Engineering knowledge would be mandatory for all tech support personal. Skype or Face time, remote access help when needed.
5. Demo Acqua's that allow a direct replacement for the paid version using the demo's preexisting settings, for no Studio session replacement down time.
6. A team of social media promoters replacing G and E online. Professionalism all over the net about Nebula/Acqua, to boost the AA public image.
7. All Acqua's would be brought up to the latest Core. Every Acqua improvement would install over preexisting Acqua, as a direct replacement like normal vst's. Again, no studio session down time when upgrading plugins.
8. A rewrite of the company Manifest, bringing the company philosophy up to date and in line with the current company direction.
9. A search for a 3rd party to produce a PCIe DSP card for AA plugins.
10. Reach out to the top Engineers world wide and personally introduce them to Acqua/Nebula.

yeah the support takes a long time
i think i told this story in acqua thread on GS its actually pretty funny

i struggled with reaper saving nebula with alternative data paths

i contacted support

explained the situation and uploaded my xml file

i was told Reaper was unable to save incomplete data paths

but i took at least a week to get it solved even the answer was hillariously simple
AA support
referring me to this and that and treated me like an idiot, very disrespectful

the answer was
i had to put
/
before volumes and that was it, problem solved hahaha

why they a willing to put them selves trough that hassle when the answers often is so easy is beyond me

but i agree on many other areas i think Acustica has improved
even at some level of support
by emailing new customers how to install they're product
that is a big improvement, im not seeing that question anymore in the acqua thread

we have definitely had some battles in the acqua thread with acustica Will hehe

the ultramarine thread was just hilarious, it got so heated they actually had to erase the whole thread, hahaha . it was much more exiting than any tv show lol

im very happy the auth app is coming so we can move our licenses around without contacting support

personally i will avoid contacting support at any cause from now on, im completely feed up

i will make contact if i hear rumors of support changing they're attitude

i think Giancarlo has been much easier to talk to than before
he has really lightened up a little and i think he is having more fun too in the AA forum because of that
a good attitude is infectious in a good way
so the the tone is much more light and fun in AA forum in general amongst users too compared to when i was new to it, not so much arrogance in the AA forum anymore unless you talk to E

so if E just could lighten up a little and actually read our questions
and give us an normal answers like other companies do
we would have a good start and less frustration

very Good list by the way

very little not to agree on here

im pretty sure bringing every aqua to core 7 is part of the plan
at least the ones you can find in the shop, it takes time though, but its better than nothing to know its gonna happen

new website is coming lets hope its a good one

would absolutely be very good if we can stop loosing our settings when we buy the full version because thats very frustrating every time
at least make so we kan make saves on our hdd that will be compatible with full version

point 9 is just dreamy, it would be the best dsp card ever

we just have to remember our problems that got solved a year later after we asked the question
and give that answer our self if someone ask on GS that have the same problem

we just have to stick together all of us nebula and Acqua users

as you once said our voices counts

Acustica need us just as much as we need them

without any customers they could not do what they love for a living

have a nice day Will
Old 30th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Jfjer, what you say is true, AA just don't get it and in actuality they don't care, G has said it many times. If Nebula did not sound as good as it does, they would be toast.
This is the reason why I've given up purchasing anything Acqua. G stated that this stuff is for "professionals", and for me that implies anybody having trouble with the Acqua stuff is a non-professional.
So this software clearly is not designed for people like me and I don't care any more what G has to say about his software. Perhaps childish but I don't like his attitude towards his customers. My decision, i know...
I stick to the third-party developers for Nebula. People like AlexB, cdsoundmaster, TimP, Cupwise and Henry Olonga. They are exceptionally helpful, very fast when it comes to answering any questions that might arise. It is pure fun to work with their presets and I actually enjoy supporting such nice and cheerful folks like them who, additionally, provide such high quality stuff.
I'm glad there are still people like them around, with so much enthusiasm and modesty.
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpd View Post
It is subtle, and cumulative. Use it on every track. Set your gain staging correctly. Do a mix with it 'active' and one with it 'inactive' and then A/B them.
I personnaly did it with MFC on a mix last week, exporting the mix with and without all the MFC treament (each track, buss, aux, and master). There was a difference, but not an amazing one. The time it took me to adjust the GDRIVE on each track, to freeze every track with this processing before going any further in the mixing process were not worth it for me. More bass, more top end, but not a different mix. And everyone is raving about this console like it's changing their life. I'm confused. Either I'm missing something, or the thing is overrated. Another thing is I almost excusively used Nebula/Acqua for the mix, so the mojo was there too. Maybe on an algo only mix, the console treatment would shine more. And I remember when I tried Honey, putting it on every track made a bigger difference.
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaus View Post
This is the reason why I've given up purchasing anything Acqua. G stated that this stuff is for "professionals", and for me that implies anybody having trouble with the Acqua stuff is a non-professional.
So this software clearly is not designed for people like me and I don't care any more what G has to say about his software. Perhaps childish but I don't like his attitude towards his customers. My decision, i know...
I stick to the third-party developers for Nebula. People like AlexB, cdsoundmaster, TimP, Cupwise and Henry Olonga. They are exceptionally helpful, very fast when it comes to answering any questions that might arise. It is pure fun to work with their presets and I actually enjoy supporting such nice and cheerful folks like them who, additionally, provide such high quality stuff.
I'm glad there are still people like them around, with so much enthusiasm and modesty.
Nebula is a awesome tool and it has so many weapons against audio that you want sound better its crazy

and just imagine how cool it will be when nebula 4 open up the power the aquas have to those 3rd party devs
they can in theory make libs that behave and looks like acuas too
so i think the end of 2016 is gonna be spectacular when 3rd party devs possibly are making they're own acquas

i wouldn't take G`s words too hard, if you are running Nebula you are an expert already hehe

but its no problem using only nebula
i love using neb eq`s in nyrv
and nebula setups is a great tool to use with it too

Cheers mate
Old 30th March 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz View Post
I personnaly did it with MFC on a mix last week, exporting the mix with and without all the MFC treament (each track, buss, aux, and master). There was a difference, but not an amazing one. The time it took me to adjust the GDRIVE on each track, to freeze every track with this processing before going any further in the mixing process were not worth it for me. More bass, more top end, but not a different mix. And everyone is raving about this console like it's changing their life. I'm confused. Either I'm missing something, or the thing is overrated. Another thing is I almost excusively used Nebula/Acqua for the mix, so the mojo was there too. Maybe on an algo only mix, the console treatment would shine more. And I remember when I tried Honey, putting it on every track made a bigger difference.
Sounds like your gain staging could be out. I highly recommend you invest in NebulaMan - this will take care of everything for you. Once you 'hear it' - there is no going back...
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpd View Post
Sounds like your gain staging could be out. I highly recommend you invest in NebulaMan - this will take care of everything for you. Once you 'hear it' - there is no going back...
I did not hit it hard enough ? That could very well be. About Nebulaman, I don't see the difference with this and freezing inside my DAW. Am I missing something ?
Old 30th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
i wouldn't take G`s words too hard, if you are running Nebula you are an expert already hehe
That one made me smile again...
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

i definitely hearing more than more lows and top in those consoles
MFC is not my favorite, it doe-sent suit my style
i love the N14 definitively give a nice polished sound that would be very hard to emulate with eq for me
sometimes i slap on more than one bus preset too if i would like more color

even sometimes slap on master preset clean and bus clean on a vocal if i want it fat sounding, and believe me it can get fat, its really like running it trough transformers, but its crazy how much evident it is when im listening trough a flat system

i have no rules when it comes to this tools, thats the great ting about itb and the crazy good nebula

but lately i have spent much time with the Amethyst and gotten crazy good results running only the console on master
its only a pre mix as im in record mode, but it sounds good on my mono ipad speaker and good in my car`s bad speakers, so i think the end results will be pretty good

what i actually almost newer use is tapes

many would probably go , what are you crazy hehe
but i dont feel the need for it to be honest
i am probably crazy though
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
i definitely hearing more than more lows and top in those consoles
MFC is not my favorite, it doe-sent suit my style
i love the N14 definitively give a nice polished sound that would be very hard to emulate with eq for me
sometimes i slap on more than one bus preset too if i would like more color

even sometimes slap on master preset clean and bus clean on a vocal if i want it fat sounding, and believe me it can get fat, its really like running it trough transformers, but its crazy how much evident it is when im listening trough a flat system

i have no rules when it comes to this tools, thats the great ting about itb and the crazy good nebula

but lately i have spent much time with the Amethyst and gotten crazy good results running only the console on master
its only a pre mix as im in record mode, but it sounds good on my mono ipad speaker and good in my car`s bad speakers, so i think the end results will be pretty good

what i actually almost newer use is tapes

many would probably go , what are you crazy hehe
but i dont feel the need for it to be honest
i am probably crazy though
Did you hear the same difference with the N14 demo ? I would like to make sure before purchasing.
Old 30th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz View Post
Did you hear the same difference with the N14 demo ? I would like to make sure before purchasing.
i didnt know it was a demo on it , isn't it only audio demos ? ,
but it really depends what youre looking for in a console for sound, the MFC is on the clean side while N14 give more color

what style of music you create or mix ?
N14 its called the fat console, but i actually think the fattest sounding one is the MWC , thats the RND 5088
that one was too fat for my style actually hehe, a friend of mine has it
im hearing rumors its gonna get a v2 upgrade but i would not count out v.1 if you want a really fat console

love the amethyst acqua together with the N14, but im also gonna add the ssl
the ssl is not fat sounding but nice and punchy

and the story is back in the day and it still is
many often track on a vintage neve and mix on a ssl and many of my favorite bands do that still today

Metallica only used ssl 4k console on the black album but the eq is a big part of the sound too of course and dont forget lars billion drum mic`s haha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search