The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Oww ... been some time since I ran the SSL's ... but wanted to join Will in saying the MFeQ is another beautiful EQ.

Rupert says that the 88 series is the culmination of all his knowledge and experience .... the pinnacle.

His earlier efforts were not to shabby.
Funny thing is I'm a total SSL guy, many thousands of hours logged, but after using the MFQ, I really wish I could take a Neve AMS 88RS for a spin, lol.
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Funny thing is I'm a total SSL guy, many thousands of hours logged, but after using the MFQ, I really wish I could take a Neve AMS 88RS for a spin, lol.
So the MFQ is that good hehe
I bougt the uad 88rs mk2 in desember very cheap, 29 dollars so i can give my current mac a little more life wile i save up for a skylake 6700k computer, really good for an algo and very usable but i suspect its gonna sound like a toy compared to MFQ
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if nebula setups works well with nebula ZL ?
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Nebula 4... whereeeeee areeeeee youuuuuuuu
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Nebula 4... whereeeeee areeeeee youuuuuuuu
It was said to release in April as mentioned by Giancarlo
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

but whats the point of using Nebula4 ?
as i can already load several neb instances with Nyrv agent and its freaking awesome
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
but whats the point of using Nebula4 ?
as i can already load several neb instances with Nyrv agent and its freaking awesome
Patchwork, Nyrv Agent, Metaplugin, etc., are very good options to save Nebula chains but I think I'd never use them because it worries me having to depend so much on such solutions when I'm running a business where backwards compatibility and future-proof tools are a must. If Nebula were something I only use occasionally I wouldn't worry that much but opening a session a year later only to find out it's completely messed up because one of those tools decided to misbehave is a luxury I can't afford unfortunately. For me, that's the point of using Nebula4.
Old 4th February 2016
Currently just recording my song library "one man band" style, I usually only need about 12 tracks in Cubase Pro. Using an off the shelf HP laptop, I can usually put an AlexB MFC HQ 44.1 instance on each track, one instance of Titanium on the drum buss and record anything I want with the CPU "huffing" a bit but I can wait on version 4. Obviously, most folks are using lots more tracks but I come from Tascam land and all is well with a little planning.
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Patchwork, Nyrv Agent, Metaplugin, etc., are very good options to save Nebula chains but I think I'd never use them because it worries me having to depend so much on such solutions when I'm running a business where backwards compatibility and future-proof tools are a must. If Nebula were something I only use occasionally I wouldn't worry that much but opening a session a year later only to find out it's completely messed up because one of those tools decided to misbehave is a luxury I can't afford unfortunately. For me, that's the point of using Nebula4.
i do get your point in that. absolutely, the game is totally different when you are running a business like you do with clients

in my home studio the only client is me, im first a songwriter and a performer, but i like my songs to sound good of course and i always print effects to track when i like the sound

but what concerns me is that G said that neb4 would load current neb libs painfully slow and bring CPU and Ram to its knees with several instances in neb4

i really would think neb4 would be the best at running several current neb libs
but thats not the case, i hope they can fix that after some updates though

so neb4 at release is not gonna make me want to buy it
and you cant even load several neb instances at release
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
i do get your point in that. absolutely, the game is totally different when you are running a business like you do with clients

in my home studio the only client is me, im first a songwriter and a performer, but i like my songs to sound good of course and i always print effects to track when i like the sound

but what concerns me is that G said that neb4 would load current neb libs painfully slow and bring CPU and Ram to its knees with several instances in neb4

i really would think neb4 would be the best at running several current neb libs
but thats not the case, i hope they can fix that after some updates though

so neb4 at release is not gonna make me want to buy it
and you cant even load several neb instances at release
Do you know much about what's to expect from Nebula 4 in terms of new functionality? I just wish they'd improve the UX of the plugin - it's a pain in the facking ass to use.

Irregardless of the sound quality, this makes me sad and results in me never using Nebula because I end up wanting to smash the keyboard with my face
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Do you know much about what's to expect from Nebula 4 in terms of new functionality? I just wish they'd improve the UX of the plugin - it's a pain in the facking ass to use.

Irregardless of the sound quality, this makes me sad and results in me never using Nebula because I end up wanting to smash the keyboard with my face
nope, its like they're keeping it a secret
i asked kindly on AA forum if any 3rd party developers will have some
nebula4 libs ready for neb4 at release
the answer i got was , ask the 3rd party developers your self hahaha

later in the thread i also asked what strengths nebula4 had compared to nebula3 ultimate at neb4 release
on that i got no answers
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

I do think nebula4 will be great with some time tough
Its just not a release buy for me
It could be of course if they have some awesome neb4 libs for it at release
Especially if neb4 libs can load alost like an aqua in workflow
We will see

I think its true power will show when libs are made for neb4
libs for neb4 will not be backwards compatible with neb3, that make sence since nebula4 is core8
im pretty sure they haven't worked their ass off for someting that only can rack aquas hehe

With some updates and libs made for neb4 i think it will be very powerful and a must buy later in 2016

Cheers
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Nut

Old 11th February 2016
Lives for gear

oh lord its looking great
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Nut

Old 11th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquesilveti View Post

Oh snap! Looking good!
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Nut

Q: Will Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server libraries work in Nebula4.
R: They are already running.

Q: What happens with libraries that are not skinned.
R: Nebula load them in EDIT mode.

Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Q: Will Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server libraries work in Nebula4.
R: They are already running.

Q: What happens with libraries that are not skinned.
R: Nebula load them in EDIT mode.

Will we be able to make our own custom skins with Nebula 4?
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Will we be able to make our own custom skins with Nebula 4?
Yes, even now you can do it for Nebula2, Nebula3, Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server. You should have skills in XML programming, skining plug-ins, 2D or 3D graphic design and NAT. Everything in not document so you should make first a try and fail approach.
Old 16th February 2016
Gear Nut

Overdrive

Getting overdrive and distortion out of nebula doesn't seem easy at the moment. However Henry's got a few good presets that are great to use as sends- particularly the Helios distorted pre which is quite nice for high mids and the culture vulture presets for the low mids. Anyone else got any tips for this sort of thing in nebula land? It's seems to sound more real than algorithmic plugs but still not as brutal as one would like.
Old 16th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
Getting overdrive and distortion out of nebula doesn't seem easy at the moment. However Henry's got a few good presets that are great to use as sends- particularly the Helios distorted pre which is quite nice for high mids and the culture vulture presets for the low mids. Anyone else got any tips for this sort of thing in nebula land? It's seems to sound more real than algorithmic plugs but still not as brutal as one would like.
Use your favorite algo distortion plugin, then follow it with Nebula's until you get what you want. The best of both worlds.
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Use your favorite algo distortion plugin, then follow it with Nebula's until you get what you want. The best of both worlds.
The same for algo comps. I sometimes use Waves SSL G-Master Buss followed by Alex B's 4KD G.Comp @ 0 threshold.
You get the control plus analog vibe & extra punch.
Old 17th February 2016
Gear Nut

Filters and Reverbs generic skins fro Nebula4...

Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear
Is the metering going to be accurate or a representation as it currently is?
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Filters and Reverbs generic skins fro Nebula4...

So its looking like the main Nebula 4 is the top 1u rack, but when you load a library it will load below this, and whatever size the GUI is is up to the library maker.

How about a program that allows us to make custom GUI's easier? I would pay for that.
Old 17th February 2016
Must haves? Olonga collection, too many good ones to start listing, AlexB consoles have changed our recordings permanently for the better and will never be able to go back to Waves, etc. for these types of plugs.
Old 18th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
So its looking like the main Nebula 4 is the top 1u rack, but when you load a library it will load below this, and whatever size the GUI is is up to the library maker.

How about a program that allows us to make custom GUI's easier? I would pay for that.
Agree on allow us to make custom gui's easier will
Old 23rd February 2016
Gear Nut

Hi all, since there was some significant discussion in this article on NYRV AGENT I wanted to do you all the courtesy of letting you know that we have just posted v1.3.1

My NyrvSystems -- Agent

1.3.1 includes:
Bug fixes,
an offline installer (takes longer to unpack than before),
low intensity licensing scheme that follows the reaper model,
and a new feature we have dubbed chain flipping.

Chain flipping can be turned on in the preferences menu on the general/live section. when enabled AGENT will bypass the background page. So if the channel strip is selected then the effects rack will be bypassed and if the effects rack is selected then the channel strip is bypassed.

Check it out and let us know what you think

Jeff
Old 24th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrv View Post
Hi all, since there was some significant discussion in this article on NYRV AGENT I wanted to do you all the courtesy of letting you know that we have just posted v1.3.1

My NyrvSystems -- Agent

1.3.1 includes:
Bug fixes,

Chain flipping can be turned on in the preferences menu on the general/live section. when enabled AGENT will bypass the background page. So if the channel strip is selected then the effects rack will be bypassed and if the effects rack is selected then the channel strip is bypassed.

Jeff
Nice
Offline is definitely the first right step for Nyrv Agent, as offline is a must especially for windows users
And im gonna move to windows when i get my skylake

Is it possible to remove that nyrvana sync button in nyrv too , or at least hide it?

Because i had a serious hangup with it to the point where it crashed my reaper project and it could not be opened before i deleted the nyrv vst,
instantly when i put nyrv vst back in the folder Reaper crasched again,
i hope this is fixed in this version and that we can download grafic element or themes manually instead of syncing
Old 24th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrv View Post

My NyrvSystems -- Agent

1.3.1 includes:
Bug fixes,

Jeff
Another feature i would like to see in Nyrv is a possibility to route buttons from rack page to the channel strip page
because when i create neb eq's i like to keep them in one page,
and 8slots is actually a little limited for quite a few nebula eq's to keep them in one page

Another cool option could be that we can open up rack page and channelstrip page at the same time like a big gui,
it would be big but i really dont mind that either,
i just make sugestions for using our belowed neb eq's in one page
and this was the 2 ways i could think of how to do that right now

I would also like to see bypass buttons, i know they are there,
but i mean the possibility to route the existing bypass buttons to another button in the grid in Nyrv Agent
cause when you have 16 instanses and all is named nebula its not that easy to know whats what

Nyrv Agent will be just as useful tool to me when Nebula 4 hits
so i think making Nyrv Agent even better only will make even more people interested in this great tool

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search