The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 6th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin View Post
Anyone using Nebula that hasn't tried any of Henry Olonga's libraries should grab them. I have bought dozens over the years and they are incredible. He's definitely spoiling us by offering them for free....don't be afraid to donate too. I'm hoping he stays involved with Nebula as he's an amazing developer and sincerely awesome guy.
So true! A simply amazing body of work for a price, well it will be free soon apparently but so many gems. I use the RND preamp on my vocal input track and I have no idea what is going on but it makes it bigger, clearer, and punchier. Old mics are new again. Almost sold my TLM49 because it sounded thin but this program just changed that whole idea. Kudos to Henry, a true pioneer in the Nebula world and I haven't even heard them all yet after a year.
Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
So true! A simply amazing body of work for a price, well it will be free soon apparently but so many gems. I use the RND preamp on my vocal input track and I have no idea what is going on but it makes it bigger, clearer, and punchier. Old mics are new again. Almost sold my TLM49 because it sounded thin but this program just changed that whole idea. Kudos to Henry, a true pioneer in the Nebula world and I haven't even heard them all yet after a year.
In all my 25 years of audio, HO's "All You Can Eat" was my best purchase. IMHO, It was the best bang for the buck possible in pro audio...... and now it's free!

Every Nebula owner should have it, the library is huge and the quality is top notch, some of his libraries even went up to 192Khz!
Old 7th January 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
In all my 25 years of audio, HO's "All You Can Eat" was my best purchase. IMHO, It was the best bang for the buck possible in pro audio...... and now it's free!
Where we can get it free?
Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
Where we can get it free?
on his website, he's giving it all away for free/donations (which i think still go to charity).

bought it myself a few years back and i use the mojo stuff all the time. especially the 670 amp.
Old 15th January 2016
Wow! Just got EAR Room Reverbs from Mirco at AITB and - to say the least - I am very, very impressed. I actually didn't need any more reverbs ITB as I own and use algos from Exponential Audio, Eventide, Relab, 2CAudio (which I love), Lexicon, NI, Waves and convolutions from HOFA and Liquidsonics (Reverberate 2 with the amazing Fusion IRs) and the Nebula libraries from VNXT and Gene Lennon and I've just got EAR cause I like Mirco. But these programs are stunning. They sound so clean and natural and subtle and they melt into the mix like you've recorded your audio in a million dollar room. I have not used the danish hardware they are sampled from - but this plays in another league. Wow! A true must have...
Old 15th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Wow! Just got EAR Room Reverbs from Mirco at AITB and - to say the least - I am very, very impressed. I actually didn't need any more reverbs ITB as I own and use algos from Exponential Audio, Eventide, Relab, 2CAudio (which I love), Lexicon, NI, Waves and convolutions from HOFA and Liquidsonics (Reverberate 2 with the amazing Fusion IRs) and the Nebula libraries from VNXT and Gene Lennon and I've just got EAR cause I like Mirco. But these programs are stunning. They sound so clean and natural and subtle and they melt into the mix like you've recorded your audio in a million dollar room. I have not used the danish hardware they are sampled from - but this plays in another league. Wow! A true must have...
Thanks for the recommendation. May have to try these babies out

Like you though, I already own my fair share of reverbs lol.
Old 15th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love the gene lennon's so when someone that owns those is going wow, i have to grab the EAR rooms as well
Thanks
Old 15th January 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
good to know. I own very similar collection like you and i have considered buy this one. it´s clear now
new plates of legend from cupwise is stunning too!
Old 16th January 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
on his website, he's giving it all away for free/donations (which i think still go to charity).

bought it myself a few years back and i use the mojo stuff all the time. especially the 670 amp.
Don't see it. No longer available? Link?
Old 16th January 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
I love the gene lennon's so when someone that owns those is going wow, i have to grab the EAR rooms as well
Thanks
and if you´re looking for great plate, so plates of legend from cupwise is better to valhalla plate IMO. My nebula´s arsenal grows, EAR rooms sounds incredible too, purchased yesterday.
I was wondering, any first impression about new classic blue 1102eq?
Old 16th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolib View Post
and if you´re looking for great plate, so plates of legend from cupwise is better to valhalla plate IMO. My nebula´s arsenal grows, EAR rooms sounds incredible too, purchased yesterday.
Hi Kolib, glad you liked EAR rooms. I also do like Plates of Legend very much. Had a little difficulty getting it running though. In a project it is only possible to use it in lite mode. I do have a very powerful new Mac Pro with Thunderbolt Interface and on highest buffer I could not run a single full HQ instance. CPU could not handle. Only worked with rendering the file. Then it sounded amazing though! I followed Tim's instructions how to set up the verb from the manual and that worked really well.
Still, Valhalla plate is also amazing. On lead vocals female I actually preferred it. It is cleaner and actually very elegant or classy sounding.
I would also like to receive more elaborate report on new classic blue eq.
Old 16th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtownsend View Post
Don't see it. No longer available? Link?
FREE! - Nebulapresets
Old 17th January 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
Ahhhhh. Drool. Thanks so much! Happy now!

Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolib View Post
Blue eq is very good, it sounded awesome on my acoustic guitar bus with the hi shelf,
i also like the pre that comes with it very much
It has that neve sound but its smoother sounding than the Navy and N73
Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
Blue eq is very good, it sounded awesome on my acoustic guitar bus with the hi shelf,
i also like the pre that comes with it very much
It has that neve sound but its smoother sounding than the Navy and N73
Do you have MFQ to compare to? That's almost how I would describe it against N73 and Navy, but my guess Blue is a little more colored?
Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow! Just got EAR Room Reverbs from Mirco at AITB and - to say the least - I am very, very impressed. I've just got EAR cause I like Mirco. But these programs are stunning. They sound so clean and natural and subtle and they melt into the mix like you've recorded your audio in a million dollar room. I have not used the danish hardware they are sampled from - but this plays in another league. Wow! A true must have...
I'm not much of a "reverb" guy. I want to use them to make all tracks in a song sound like they were captured in the same room. So, if the EAR Rooms do that well, I am interested. However, the reasons that I didn't buy EAR Rooms include the fact that I don't know exactly which gear was sampled, I didn't find a demo to try the programs, and they had some kind of authorization problem/issue going on for quite a long time. It made no sense to buy something that I could not use.

I hope that, eventually, someone will sample/provide more real small to medium sized rooms and chambers of very nice sounding studios for Nebula. I also find myself looking for programs of speakers/mics that were captured in different areas of the same room. I am messing around with using that as a way to filter sounds and create depth in a mix. Henry Olonga's libraries (very cool presets/programs) and Cupwise's FM Radios (line capture), and Tim P's Tea Room have been very nice for this!

Also, I own lot of third-party Nebula libraries. Many of those sound very good. However, the thing that has been the most useful purchase to me in "Nebula-land" is:

NEBULA SETUPS 2!

In my opinion, workflow is the biggest problem with Nebula. Nebula Setups 2 helps me streamline the process by being able to quickly load specific program libraries with their own skins. I haven't tried Zabukowki's other program, yet. If I had to start over with Nebula, Nebula Setups 2 would probably be my first or second add-on to Nebula. It saves me time. With it, I spend less time sifting through programs and waiting for Nebula to load.

Last edited by wagz; 18th January 2016 at 06:10 AM..
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
NEBULA SETUPS 2! [/URL]
In my opinion, workflow is the biggest problem with Nebula. Nebula Setups 2 helps me streamline the process by being able to quickly load specific program libraries with their own skins. I haven't tried Zabukowki's other program, yet. If I had to start over with Nebula, Nebula Setups 2 would probably be my first or second add-on to Nebula. It saves me time. With it, I spend less time sifting through programs and waiting for Nebula to load.
I spent my first 2 years on Nebula not using Nebula Setups, lol, I was such an idiot! It makes using Nebula a breeze for sure.
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I spent my first 2 years on Nebula not using Nebula Setups, lol...
I only recently got Nebula Setups 2. I've probably been messing around with Nebula since before 2012, though. If only I would have known...
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quick question about setups 2; When a new version of nebula is released does it automatically update all the different versions you've made? I used to make my own versions manually but stopped when I realised updating to a new version meant re making EVERY version I'd done. Also it broke backwards comparability with old projects.

MC
Old 18th January 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Hi Kolib, glad you liked EAR rooms. I also do like Plates of Legend very much. Had a little difficulty getting it running though. In a project it is only possible to use it in lite mode. I do have a very powerful new Mac Pro with Thunderbolt Interface and on highest buffer I could not run a single full HQ instance. CPU could not handle. Only worked with rendering the file. Then it sounded amazing though! I followed Tim's instructions how to set up the verb from the manual and that worked really well.
Still, Valhalla plate is also amazing. On lead vocals female I actually preferred it. It is cleaner and actually very elegant or classy sounding.
I would also like to receive more elaborate report on new classic blue eq.
Hi GG,
Valhalla plate is more universal and useful (because CPU) tool and
especially I like the darker kind of plates, but I´ve found LoP incredible for pads,
gtrs and for some kind of male vocals so far... sounds so real
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Quick question about setups 2; When a new version of nebula is released does it automatically update all the different versions you've made? I used to make my own versions manually but stopped when I realised updating to a new version meant re making EVERY version I'd done. Also it broke backwards comparability with old projects.

MC
You just install the new version, open Nebula Setups and run the batch update.
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
You just install the new version, open Nebula Setups and run the batch update.

Thanks, that's great. I've just looked through my emails of old and I can see I bought this program already a couple of years ago....not used it yet.....

going to remedy that today....bought a couple of tims programs so will set up some new versions.

MC
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

Once you use Nebula Setups, there is no going back, lol.
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Do you have MFQ to compare to? That's almost how I would describe it against N73 and Navy, but my guess Blue is a little more colored?
Decided to purchase TimP's Blue EQ. It's very awesome!!! Fits nicely between MFQ and N73, but it more smooth/warm in the mids. Very impressed!

In another thread I also said I was on the fence with his Dual Tech, but it turned out that it just wasn't right for the project I was working on. It also sounds fantastic!

TimP is killing it!!! Excited for his next comp!
Old 20th January 2016
Gear Guru

Does anyone have any real life feedback on Tim P's Blue-Mu comp? Seems to sound good from the youtube demo, as far as one can tell, and also seems to have a working meter and GUI for using like an actual compressor....lol

Thoughts?
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Does anyone have any real life feedback on Tim P's Blue-Mu comp? Seems to sound good from the youtube demo, as far as one can tell, and also seems to have a working meter and GUI for using like an actual compressor....lol

Thoughts?
I'm in the camp that TimP is making the best mixing/track compressors for Nebula at the moment. I have Sum 100a, Opto3A, U76 and BlueMu from him. BlueMu has a distinct color and tone that could be useful for a wide variety of sources (vocals, guitar, bass, drum bus, etc.). It's perhaps most similar to the Sum 100a, but isn't as dark... which make them a great pair for anyone who likes tube compression.

Originally I purchased it with the intention of using it for mastering/2Bus, but I found it too colored and wondered if I just wasn't into the library. But once I used it for mixing I felt happy to have it's flavor and it is one of the few Nebula compressor that can do some very heavy compression/limiting/smashing (TimP is the master in that department).

If by chance you're looking for mastering/2bus compression, I highly recommend AlexB Chandler Germanium Comp and Cupwise Flucti-Mu if you haven't tried them. I'm also a fan of Aquamarine/Murano and Ultramarine. I also own Titanium, Creamy 660, A5D, 4KD, MFD, and N64 for reference.
Old 20th January 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'm in the camp that TimP is making the best mixing/track compressors for Nebula at the moment. I have Sum 100a, Opto3A, U76 and BlueMu from him. BlueMu has a distinct color and tone that could be useful for a wide variety of sources (vocals, guitar, bass, drum bus, etc.). It's perhaps most similar to the Sum 100a, but isn't as dark... which make them a great pair for anyone who likes tube compression.

Originally I purchased it with the intention of using it for mastering/2Bus, but I found it too colored and wondered if I just wasn't into the library. But once I used it for mixing I felt happy to have it's flavor and it is one of the few Nebula compressor that can do some very heavy compression/limiting/smashing (TimP is the master in that department).

If by chance you're looking for mastering/2bus compression, I highly recommend AlexB Chandler Germanium Comp and Cupwise Flucti-Mu if you haven't tried them. I'm also a fan of Aquamarine/Murano and Ultramarine. I also own Titanium, Creamy 660, A5D, 4KD, MFD, and N64 for reference.
Indeed his comps are good. I also have the Sum100a and Opto3A. Great stuff.

Seems to me the Blue-Mu must be a Tubetech LCA2B and as such I would be looking to use it on separates and the odd group, not so much master. Sounds like a sweet, soft and bubbly yet punchy electronic drum group tool though. Like that silky touch, really does seem pretty Tubetech-y. Plus the GUI looks REALLY useable, which makes a big difference for me. Might have to get it.

So many libraries.....the next comp other than the Blue-Mu for me is the STA-level once TimP is ready with it. MUST have that!
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Indeed his comps are good. I also have the Sum100a and Opto3A. Great stuff.

Seems to me the Blue-Mu must be a Tubetech LCA2B and as such I would be looking to use it on separates and the odd group, not so much master. Sounds like a sweet, soft and bubbly yet punchy electronic drum group tool though. Like that silky touch, really does seem pretty Tubetech-y. Plus the GUI looks REALLY useable, which makes a big difference for me. Might have to get it.

So many libraries.....the next comp other than the Blue-Mu for me is the STA-level once TimP is ready with it. MUST have that!
Yeah, LCA2B! I didn't know much about the unit and after researching realized it wasn't really a mastering unit (I had only read about some people using on the 2-bus here on GS I think). Haven't setup the GUI with Nebula Setups yet... hopefully soon I can dive in...

Very excited about STA-Level!
Old 21st January 2016
Deleted User
Quote:

I think this might be the addiction speaking man! I heard the Acquamarine compared to the hardware and UAD and imo it was not even close!
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
I think this might be the addiction speaking man! I heard the Acquamarine compared to the hardware and UAD and imo it was not even close!
Meaning Aquamarine wasn't close to the hardware? I have no doubt it isn't there, the compression action doesn't seem right... especially the opto. But I found at the time it came out... with very minimal gain reduction, that it could sound very nice on the 2-bus. Much more pleasing than the algo stuff I had (which maybe UAD Vari-Mu and TDR Kotelnikov were my favs).

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?

There are definitely some Acqua plugins that I wouldn't purchase again... but at the time (without Nebula) they were the best sounding options. So very glad to have gone Nebula!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search