The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 24th September 2015
  #1261
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Ya..adding MFC pre's on channels, the group busses and the Air & Punch or the Modern preset on master buss is just incredible. I do like the Cine preset for scoring tracks.

Btw, do try HO Tape on the masterbuss. It does wonders too.

Have you tried HO mics with your vocals?
i have some pretty good mics like sm7b , miktek Cv4, rode nt2000 but i actually like sm57 on my own voice haha

i run it in to the neev pre then into a neev bus clean , then i scope out some mud with ivory ,adding uad 1176 then HO 1176 mojo , uad la2a , HO la2a mojo, then once more a clean neev bus and finaly some boost with my pearl eq , now i got a really fat nice sound thats insane for an 57 hehe and when i set up a neev bus for the master dam it sounds good

i tryed Tim p T Tape on master yesterday wow i liked it so good specially that saturation preset, i pushed it to the point right were it starts to break up a little wow what a good vintage retro sound i got, i must save it as a channel strip for my master haha

haven't tried HO mics yet,
there's a lot i havent tried of the HO library have only scratched the surface hehe
Old 24th September 2015
  #1262
Lives for gear
 
zeljkom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Ya..adding MFC pre's on channels, the group busses and the Air & Punch or the Modern preset on master buss is just incredible. I do like the Cine preset for scoring tracks.

Btw, do try HO Tape on the masterbuss. It does wonders too.

Have you tried HO mics with your vocals?
Which HO tape preset do you like the most or works the bestt for you?
Old 24th September 2015
  #1263
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkom View Post
Which HO tape preset do you like the most or works the bestt for you?
M42_30_Norm (Atari) gives a nice round bass, warm mids and sweet highs tone. Very cool for Mix buss and mastering.

M3 (351) is great on drums and bass. Bottom heavy tho.

M2 (A800) is kinda boxy sounding and hardly use it.

Last edited by davidgary73; 24th September 2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 24th September 2015
  #1264
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
M42_30_Norm (Atari) gives a nice round bass, warm mids and sweet highs tone. Very cool for Mix buss and mastering.

M3 (351) is great on drums and bass. Bottom heavy tho.

M2 (A800) is kinda boxy sounding and hardly use it.
Im gonna try those HO tapes especially since i got them

, but i can't stay away from the T Tape saturation preset hehe , im glad that saturation preset is its own preset because then i can use what tape i want with it , for me the T Tape saturation preset is worth the money alone , but the tape preset is wery good to
Old 24th September 2015
  #1265
Lives for gear
 
zeljkom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
M42_30_Norm (Atari) gives a nice round bass, warm mids and sweet highs tone. Very cool for Mix buss and mastering.

M3 (351) is great on drums and bass. Bottom heavy tho.

M2 (A800) is kinda boxy sounding and hardly use it.
Thanks. Will try them.
Old 24th September 2015
  #1266
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Most welcome zeljkom.

Btw, the A800 is good for tracking and on vocals. Do try that and see if you like the tone.

Try 351 and Atari on T2, 15 ips norm. Pretty nice tone.

@jfjer

Do a comparison if you have time on HO tape and Tim's Tape and let me know which you prefer most

Last edited by davidgary73; 24th September 2015 at 11:38 AM..
Old 25th September 2015
  #1267
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Making another purchase soon.

Which Nebula EQ would you recommend? Gyrator or Modern Flagship EQ?

How about Nebula Compressor?

Last edited by davidgary73; 26th September 2015 at 02:43 PM..
Old 26th September 2015
  #1268
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Making another purchase soon.

Which Nebula EQ would you recommend? Gyrator or Modern Flagship EQ?

How about Nebula Compressor?
cant really be sure on this one but the eq on the UAD Neve 88rs is pretty good , after trying aquas and nebula something tells me that the neb version is gonna smoke the ua version,
the ua one is a very versatile eq
so that would apply to the neb version as well
and when neb4 hits you probably could have all the bands of that eq available in neb4
and since you already own the MFC and loving it i doubt the eq wont fit
Old 27th September 2015
  #1269
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Thanks jfjer for your input. MFC is really good and definitely MFeQ is another good buy

I've been hearing demos of the Gyrator and it has a sound that not many Neb Eq has as mentioned by users.
Old 27th September 2015
  #1270
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Thanks jfjer for your input. MFC is really good and definitely MFeQ is another good buy

I've been hearing demos of the Gyrator and it has a sound that not many Neb Eq has as mentioned by users.
i can only tell what i have heard about the gyrator and that is its very colored and have really good mids , i do think im gonna add gyrator to my neb library at some point , but when i add MFC to my collection(three weeks tops ) i will get the eq that was meant to go along with it first

i wish i had experience with these eq`s my self but i dont yet because of my aqua collection , still i have to build up my neb library so i dont get broke for a half year when neb4 hits hehe ,
have heard nothing bout great things about the Gyrator though

it all come down to what you really need in a eq to be honest
Old 27th September 2015
  #1271
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
i can only tell what i have heard about the gyrator and that is its very colored and have really good mids , i do think im gonna add gyrator to my neb library at some point , but when i add MFC to my collection(three weeks tops ) i will get the eq that was meant to go along with it first

i wish i had experience with these eq`s my self but i dont yet because of my aqua collection , still i have to build up my neb library so i dont get broke for a half year when neb4 hits hehe ,
have heard nothing bout great things about the Gyrator though

it all come down to what you really need in a eq to be honest
Thanks jfjer. I'll probably get Gyrator first and then MFeQ or both at the same time in October hahaha.
Old 27th September 2015
  #1272
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
The low band on Gyrator is something unique. Put it on 60Hz and crank that gain all the way up on "thin" basses and you won't believe what you'll hear. A couple of days ago I used it on a salsa mix, specifically on the bass, and the artists asked me if I called another bass player and replaced the original :D
Old 27th September 2015
  #1273
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
The low band on Gyrator is something unique. Put it on 60Hz and crank that gain all the way up on "thin" basses and you won't believe what you'll hear. A couple of days ago I used it on a salsa mix, specifically on the bass, and the artists asked me if I called another bass player and replaced the original :D
Ya..heard in some audio demos and the low band does something really nice. In your opinion, would this EQ be great to fatten up vi synth since it has a very nice sound to it?

And it seems like it's missing the 300Hz -600Hz band but i reckon that can be replace by another EQ.
Old 27th September 2015
  #1274
Lives for gear
 
JC Biffro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
The low band on Gyrator is something unique. Put it on 60Hz and crank that gain all the way up on "thin" basses and you won't believe what you'll hear. A couple of days ago I used it on a salsa mix, specifically on the bass, and the artists asked me if I called another bass player and replaced the original :D
Just purchased this - such a steal at £25

Thanks for the recommendation! Although this is like my 60th EQ... lol.
Old 27th September 2015
  #1275
Lives for gear
 
Mercado_Negro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Ya..heard in some audio demos and the low band does something really nice. In your opinion, would this EQ be great to fatten up vi synth since it has a very nice sound to it?

And it seems like it's missing the 300Hz -600Hz band but i reckon that can be replace by another EQ.
It has a nice sound but it won't be the first thing I'd think of for fatten up a VI synth. The Tube Collection by CDSoundMaster is what is I'd use for that.
Old 27th September 2015
  #1276
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Thanks Mercado_Negro. I'll check out the VTC lib

Man, i just found out that N54 and N73 sounds good too. Ouch way to many to buy..hahaha
Old 27th September 2015
  #1277
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Thanks Mercado_Negro. I'll check out the VTC lib

Man, i just found out that N54 and N73 sounds good too. Ouch way to many to buy..hahaha
To many coises scare me sometimes hehe, but i think im gonna go for the eq's and comps that is ment for the console/s i have and gonna get from Alex B , ok ill throw in the gyrator to and the bax eq hehe, we are gonna have like tousands eq's and comps in the end
you are gonna use a week on one single band eq just because you have to know what one of the tousands eq's you got sounds best on on youre tambourine hehe

Well well we are gearslutz arent we , we are certainly living up to the gearslutz name
Old 28th September 2015
  #1278
Gear Nut
 

Hey brothers!

What libraries you guys have been using for mastering?
I bought AITB Mammoth, which is very nice but im searching to some other libraries, what you guys recommend?
Console, EQ, Compressors (Is the compressors on nebula better now? Last time i tried it didn't sounded as expected)..

Obs: I work with electronic music (Techno / House)

Thanks
Old 28th September 2015
  #1279
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheuslins View Post
Hey brothers!

What libraries you guys have been using for mastering?
I bought AITB Mammoth, which is very nice but im searching to some other libraries, what you guys recommend?
Console, EQ, Compressors (Is the compressors on nebula better now? Last time i tried it didn't sounded as expected)..

Obs: I work with electronic music (Techno / House)

Thanks
Where can you buy AITB stuff ? Since theyre site is still under maintanance
Old 28th September 2015
  #1280
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
Where can you buy AITB stuff ? Since theyre site is still under maintanance
I have it a long time ago...
I just said to u guys not recommend what i alreadly own
Old 28th September 2015
  #1281
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
To many coises scare me sometimes hehe, but i think im gonna go for the eq's and comps that is ment for the console/s i have and gonna get from Alex B , ok ill throw in the gyrator to and the bax eq hehe, we are gonna have like tousands eq's and comps in the end
you are gonna use a week on one single band eq just because you have to know what one of the tousands eq's you got sounds best on on youre tambourine hehe

Well well we are gearslutz arent we , we are certainly living up to the gearslutz name
Ya..that's the danger and we want it all because they all sound so good hahahaha. Really need to limit what we buy because we can have so many of them and not master them.

So, i'm gonna be wise and limit purchase to only Gyrator & MFeQ for now.
Old 28th September 2015
  #1282
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheuslins View Post
Hey brothers!

What libraries you guys have been using for mastering?
I bought AITB Mammoth, which is very nice but im searching to some other libraries, what you guys recommend?
Console, EQ, Compressors (Is the compressors on nebula better now? Last time i tried it didn't sounded as expected)..

Obs: I work with electronic music (Techno / House)

Thanks
Have you tried any of the Acustica Acqua EQ plugs yet? There are few mastering EQ offers you can look into.

As for Consoles, AlexB Modern Flagship Console is phenomenal and i read that AlexB American 16 Console is great for EDM.

Nebula EQ, read lots of reviews on Tim Petherick's Gyrator and AlexB Modern Flagship eQ.

Neb Compressors have gotten much better. I'm also looking into some compressors and recently read good reviews about AlexB N54. Tim Petherick's compressors are good as well.

Acqua Comps, check out Murano. A ShadowHill Mastering Comp.

Last edited by davidgary73; 28th September 2015 at 03:09 AM..
Old 1st October 2015
  #1283
Gear Maniac
 
SMaus's Avatar
 

Has anybody compared AlexB's Neve consoles? I mean the MFC, the N14 and the N81? I already have the N14 and I like the sound so far. But what would the MFC or the N81 (especially interested in the latter) do to the same material? I mainly do Jazz and occasionally some Rock/Pop stuff. No Metal, no Rap.
Any ideas/advice/tips apart from "get them all"?
Old 1st October 2015
  #1284
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaus View Post
Has anybody compared AlexB's Neve consoles? I mean the MFC, the N14 and the N81? I already have the N14 and I like the sound so far. But what would the MFC or the N81 (especially interested in the latter) do to the same material? I mainly do Jazz and occasionally some Rock/Pop stuff. No Metal, no Rap.
Any ideas/advice/tips apart from "get them all"?
Get them all... Oops, I didn't say that....
I do have them all, and for sheer versatility AND because what sounds good to me, I prefer the MFC over any other Nebula/Acqua Neve library. If you are interested, send me a few simple files that you know well and I can process them through all of these so you can hear the subtle differences for yourself. But the "get them all" really is the best advice, there are no "clunkers" in those libraries and all are equally awesome. If I had to have only one though, the MFC would be it.
If you do go with one or the other, I recommend the entire "suite" of the one's available (eq's and comp, where available)
Old 1st October 2015
  #1285
Gear Head
 

Modern Tube Console v2 (+ dynamics + eq)

I am happy to have these, also. - Jazz in mind.
Old 2nd October 2015
  #1286
Gear Maniac
 
SMaus's Avatar
 

OK folks, thanks very much for your input! I'll take he MFC and the Tube. I entirely forgot I had Tube version 1, so the upgrade to version 2 should be a couple of bucks.
Old 29th October 2015
  #1287
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Hi Nebula freaks....I have a query that might hopefully find an answer here:

I just bought Henry Olonga's all you can eat pack, downloaded and put the files in the appropriate places, and some of the libraries won't function. As in, when you select them from the pulldown list, the nebula instance drops back to Init instead of loading them.

What does happen as well though is that next to the Init in the main window appears the selected library's number in small print. But nothing else, and there is no sound being processed....any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Old 29th October 2015
  #1288
Gear Maniac
 
SMaus's Avatar
 

Have you checked if the corresponding vector files are there as well? I know, you have put the files in the appropriate places, but sometimes a couple of files are just missing. In that case the presets in question would appear, but won't load.
Other possible solution: Ask Henry. He is a very helpful guy and probably has an idea what's out of whack.
Old 29th October 2015
  #1289
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
As long as you are using the full version of Nebula 3, have the vectors in their folder and the programs in their folder, the programs should work fine.
Old 6th November 2015
  #1290
Lives for gear
 
jfjer's Avatar
i`m looking to buy a nebula comp or two

what neb comp do you prefer on the master for rock ?
and what neb comp do you prefer for gluing rock drums ?

thanks for answers in advance

have a nice day good folks

Cheers
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
quincyg / Music Computers
754
Dom & Roland / The Moan Zone
10
marshallplexi / Music Computers
6
fingerbeats / Music Computers
10
Patric Noonan / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump