The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 15th September 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post

I was already thinking to get one program for free download, as demo programs with nebula are not possible...
Everything at its time
Oooh yes please! That one from the soundcloud demo? PLEASE!
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
Hello Nebulanians

Already 1.5 years ago since my last release, so I was hungry again fro a big sampling sessions. I am am currently working on a big Reverb Library, inspired by the algos of 2 very big names in the Digital Reverb industry. The results are stellar.

As always, my sampling comes from a personal need, feeling the lack of a sound I couldn't achieve with "normal" plug-ins. Good Reverberation means good tails ! At the moment apart from Hardware, Nebula is the only tool I see, who can recreate them well through its dynamic impulse sampling, which excells normal Impulse Response based libraries (which can sound sterile and flat, for the lack of another word). And this is what we need finally for depth and 3D mixes at the end.

I am in testing time and will need minimum 100 hours, so don't expect this library to be finished before end 2015/beginning of 2016. I just post here a dry/wet sample of one of my guitar recordings to give a hearing audition. (44.1khz/24bit)

https://soundcloud.com/soulguitar-2/...-nebula-reverb

Of course I will open an official thread, as soon it is the right time, but didn't want to annoy anybody with to much early thread announces

Stay tuned and good inspiration for everybody !

Lars

Nebula Programs - 3rd party libraries - Online Studio Guitar Tracks
Sounds beautiful!

Can't wait to grab this.
Old 18th September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKD View Post
Yea I am trying out the A5D compressor demo, and it does sound really good! Like you said, it does a great job on the low mids. I am making electronic music, and the track has a loooooooot of punch going through this comp.
I'm with you on this one. I use the demo A5D all the time, it just opens the main mix up like no other. I probably should try the whole package but the demo seems to do all I need. I do own a lot of his other products though.
Old 18th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Sounds beautiful!

Can't wait to grab this.
Thank you, me neither
Honestly, but I want to take time to be done right. Nebula is not forgiving at all with mistakes, so it is better to control things 3 times.
Old 20th September 2015
Lives for gear

Anyone want to recommend some essential Nebula EQ that doesnt break the bank? I know those have probably been mentioned in this thread...which is pretty loooong at this point :-0
Old 20th September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
Anyone want to recommend some essential Nebula EQ that doesnt break the bank? I know those have probably been mentioned in this thread...which is pretty loooong at this point :-0
I know that you'll hate my response, but I can not think of a Nebula EQ that would not fit the description of "essential" for someone...What I am saying is that by nature of the platform and development of libraries, most of them are equal quality and "essential-ness" in my opinion. The best advice I can give is to pick some based on what qualities that you want, use them and get to know them, and then consider buying more. You can't go wrong.
Old 21st September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
I know that you'll hate my response, but I can not think of a Nebula EQ that would not fit the description of "essential" for someone...What I am saying is that by nature of the platform and development of libraries, most of them are equal quality and "essential-ness" in my opinion. The best advice I can give is to pick some based on what qualities that you want, use them and get to know them, and then consider buying more. You can't go wrong.
100% in agreement. One EQ I use on almost everything, is the Gyrator EQ by Tim Petherick one of my absolute favorite and essential EQ libraries and it's worth every penny! I also have many others by Alex B and other Nebula Third Party Developers.

Vintage Gyrator eq - Tim Petherick
Old 21st September 2015
Lives for gear

sounds great!
Old 22nd September 2015
Lives for gear

one of my must haves is the neev 14 console by Alex B,
im using it all the time and really love it
it puts all algo console emulations i have tried to shame hehe
Old 22nd September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
one of my must haves is the neev 14 console by Alex B,
im using it all the time and really love it
it puts all algo console emulations i have tried to shame hehe
I cannot wait to pick that up. I have a few other Alex B consoles as well. I really love his Modern Flagship Console based off the AMS 88RS (So much punch and clarity).
Old 22nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterygrimms View Post
I cannot wait to pick that up. I have a few other Alex B consoles as well. I really love his Modern Flagship Console based off the AMS 88RS (So much punch and clarity).
The MFC is the next on my list hehe , but damn the neev 14 can make things smooth, fat and round,
i have never been able to get so good vocals ever,
everything i have put trough it kind of sound like i want vintage and nice ,
im a sucker for Neve it seems , it may be the only console i need

But i dont know that before i buy a couple more hehe,
MFC and the American 16 console from Alex B i really want,
more consoles than that is a complete overkill
i mean what a luxury to have a classic Neve console, The modern flagship and the api console

good times

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
The MFC is the next on my list hehe , but damn the neev 14 can make things smooth, fat and round,
i have never been able to get so good vocals ever,
everything i have put trough it kind of sound like i want vintage and nice ,
im a sucker for Neve it seems , it may be the only console i need

But i dont know that before i buy a couple more hehe,
MFC and the American 16 console from Alex B i really want,
more consoles than that is a complete overkill :)
i mean what a luxury to have a classic Neve console, The modern flagship and the api console :)

good times :)

Cheers
Trust me... You will not regret buying the MFC. The punch and clarity you get from this console is insane. Also it has a fantastic cinematic preset. If film is your thing. But thanks to you and everyone else in this thread, I think I am going to buy the neev 14. I love the neve sound as well.
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

AlexB MFC or American 16? I would like to get both but as of now, i can only purchase either one.
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
AlexB MFC or American 16? I would like to get both but as of now, i can only purchase either one.
Will the weirdo has many times recommended the MFC and he thinks its the best console Alex B got in his opinion, its his favorite
he recommended that MFC was the best to go along with the vintage Neev 14 to

he does know what he is talking about and have been in the nebula world so long ,so im gonna get the MFC before the American 16 console
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterygrimms View Post
Trust me... You will not regret buying the MFC. The punch and clarity you get from this console is insane. Also it has a fantastic cinematic preset.
now i really cant wait to get my hands on MFC after reading what you just wrote
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

im in a need for a very small room nebula verb that really can create a feeling that you are in that room, any suggestions ? ( a small office space or something similar)

Thanks for answers in advance

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Maniac

Roomhunters made a fantastic library.
On their original website not available any more, but somewhere over at the Acustica forum their seems to be a link to that library. Just search for "Theater of Life". Apparently free for everyone.
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaus View Post
Roomhunters made a fantastic library.
On their original website not available any more, but somewhere over at the Acustica forum their seems to be a link to that library. Just search for "Theater of Life". Apparently free for everyone.
wow thank you so mush sir

i really hope AITB wil be up and running soon to, im hearing so mush great about theyre stuff
the AITB site sure have been down for maintenance for a long long time

But for now Theater of Life it is
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Maniac

Have fun with it! I often use that library, sometimes just with one of the nearfield presets, to add a little more weight to an instrument.
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Will the weirdo has many times recommended the MFC and he thinks its the best console Alex B got in his opinion, its his favorite
he recommended that MFC was the best to go along with the vintage Neev 14 to

he does know what he is talking about and have been in the nebula world so long ,so im gonna get the MFC before the American 16 console
Thanks Jfjer. I'll get it soon.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

sadly the theatre of life the link doesn't work anymore on acustica site in the forum

and the Roomhunters site is sadly down to

does anybody know of another link to this library that still works ?
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

ok so there where more links on the same site and one of them actually still works

downloading right now

the link was posted by mathias on the AA forum, many thanks mathias

if anybody else is interested in this library heres the link

• View topic - Theater Of Life - FREE ! for everybody !

just scroll down to the latest post and you find the link that works
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
I don't have any of the N consoles but I do have the A16 and I really like it. I would love to try the vintage neve console though.
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Nut

I have A16 and MFC. I like both but I am inclined towards the MFC at the moment. Unfortunately, I can't add many instances without choking the cpu but even just a few instances on some busses really gives everything this lovely air that vcc can't come close to replicating.

Also, just the got the A5A eq. What an improvement over the VBeq. I love what the midrange does on distortion.

I bought Theater Of Life a few years ago, never really used it. I should try it again.
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

@jfjer,

Guess what..i just bought MFC, downloaded and done authorization.

WOW!!! Just tried in on a mix and this is mind-blowing!!! MFC is so awesomely good.

This will definitely replace VCC hahaha

Last edited by davidgary73; 23rd September 2015 at 02:00 PM..
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
@jfjer,

Guess what..i just bought MFC, downloaded and done authorization.

WOW!!! Just tried in on a mix and this is mind-blowing!!! MFC is so awesomely good.

This will definitely replace VCC hahaha
Congrats

yep vcc is a joke compared as real console sound, when you add a pre and a a buss and a master buss you really notice the difference , sometimes i also add a buss on single tracks till i got the color i like , its very subtitle whit one pre but when i put them in a chain damn, i can make a sm57 sound like a million bucks on my vocal
when alex b consoles is all over your project you realize wow what a sound, you really notice it when it all comes together

its really nothing like vcc hehe and thank good for that, vcc is a good sweetening tool tough but its not a console

im gonna go the same route in a month , i just have to buy MFC
the nebula consoles have rocked my world
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hehehe... I told you so but you wouldn't listen...
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaus View Post
Hehehe... I told you so but you wouldn't listen...
I was very sceptical of nebula for 4 years at least , it was the Aqua eq's that convinced me to try
first libriary i got was HO all you can eat bundle, then gene lennon's reverbs, and then alex b neev 14.
Now there is no way back, its impossible to imagine mixing without this tools now, sometimes you even dont have to eq stuff mush after getting right colors and some taming of harsh sources with tape or tube, just amazing stuff
Old 24th September 2015
Lives for gear

What do you guys think is the best sounding eq`s on nebula ?
and pleace do suggest eq`s that i can buy hehe
i know the mammoth is supposed to be great but it cant be bought

im specially interested in eq`s that have very good hi shelf's

Thanks for answers in advance
Old 24th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Congrats

yep vcc is a joke compared as real console sound, when you add a pre and a a buss and a master buss you really notice the difference , sometimes i also add a buss on single tracks till i got the color i like , its very subtitle whit one pre but when i put them in a chain damn, i can make a sm57 sound like a million bucks on my vocal
when alex b consoles is all over your project you realize wow what a sound, you really notice it when it all comes together

its really nothing like vcc hehe and thank good for that, vcc is a good sweetening tool tough but its not a console

im gonna go the same route in a month , i just have to buy MFC
Ya..adding MFC pre's on channels, the group busses and the Air & Punch or the Modern preset on master buss is just incredible. I do like the Cine preset for scoring tracks.

Btw, do try HO Tape on the masterbuss. It does wonders too.

Have you tried HO mics with your vocals?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search