The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
The technology ACON Acoustica has where Spleeter uses AI to entirely seperate elements of finished music will usher in a new wave of remixing that cry out for AA to sculpt, even as we near 100 years since this was recorded on wire!

For example the other night I ran Robert Johnson's Hellhounds On My Trail though it and there's 1/5th more vocals that were never heard before this because the guitar was masking the vocals and vice-versa.

I've notices this too, try Robert Johnson through various digital EQs. Nebula/Acqua annihilates them.

So, we've got new unveiled Robert Johnson tracks, and now we're taking Robert Johnson to AA - to be continued (offline ).

Those two technologies will overwhelm us for a while, me thinks. Early bird gets the worm
Agreed using Hornet 31, Soundbrigade, and Nova to unmask here. These tools with the detailed Aqua tracks are really a revelation.

Nebula I think would be another step but then no time or money to write music!...

Thank the fates Robert Johnson just wrote and sang. Pre GS lol...,
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Could we have a single skin for an EQ, Dual Tech for example, which has all three bands on the UI, but only one is active (loaded). You could either have an 'Active' button next to each band, which loads that library, or have a button that cycles through them, one by one.
I hear you) Sure it's possible but no cycle, just button per band.
I already tested such approach on HO TITAN EQ, and it's pretty usable.
So yeah! Why not) I'll include more TimP EQ's on the next voting list! (and take a note for them )
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
I hear you) Sure it's possible but no cycle, just button per band.
I already tested such approach on HO TITAN EQ, and it's pretty usable.
So yeah! Why not) I'll include more TimP EQ's on the next voting list! (and take a note for them )
Great news - thanks! Lots of talk about Blue 1102 atm, that would be a good one. Dual Tech as that's the best Pultec ITB :¬)

Edit: just realised that only the active band would work, so you could still only use one band per N4 instance. Still, it would be a handy way to select specific bands.
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Great news - thanks! Lots of talk about Blue 1102 atm, that would be a good one. Dual Tech as that's the best Pultec ITB :¬)
Totally agree on both!

Quote:
Edit: just realised that only the active band would work, so you could still only use one band per N4 instance. Still, it would be a handy way to select specific bands.
Yep, that's easy to fool yourself) But agree again - still that's gonna be useful.
Old 16 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
You guys I’m sure know better than me but if you take a classic stance of recording on tape with preamps going in and out of your board with submixes and everything bounced out to tape and back in with preamps, etc. I think you can find a lot of weight without driving signal too much.

Taupe, Gold, IkTape, Coffee, ElRey, and Celestial offer a lot harmonically. That’s just what I have and add some Algos like Kush, True Iron, and VSM 3, HG2 you can descend into madness and honestly never pin a meter.....
That's a good point. Cumulative nonlinear processing can definitely add some nice body to things and gradually sand down edges. It's a time-tested way to add glue and bump up RMS in a mix that can definitely be accomplished with plugins.

This tends to require extra care digitally in my experience (more steps, more deliberate and selective choices) and I often find something missing in terms of depth of field or movement. I'm sure that gap can be closed in the near future though. Maybe it's already possible and I'm just lacking the right combination of tools & approach. Having a nice analog mixbus is still really helpful here. And for deliberately blown out analog saturation tones, plugins kind of collapse.

The cool thing about certain preamps like those germanium Neves (or Ampex 351 amps and some Chandler stuff) - it's just one single stage that can make stuff sound more visceral, heavy or important somehow. Maybe my description sounds a bit absurd. Anyway the Neves could add a smooth, fat breakup thing without sandpaper highs or a farty low end on electric guitars and drum mics which was memorable. Even with low gain they seemed to just let recordings sound real but slightly larger/denser.

I really like Coffee, just wish I could push the pres to get a warm fuzzy drive going. I'd love for an update that had extra pres sampled with aggressive gain staging.

The RA6 and Vari-Level pre + clipper programs do something more along these lines.

BTW OVC-128 is another great simple tool for shaving peaks invisibly or with a kind of soft analog-like touch at various points in a mixdown. Useful to tame rogue peaks before compression. This makes for more predictable gain reduction and avoids potential Nebula/Acqua input overload.
Old 7 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
So here is a stupid question.
If you wanna get into nebula libraries you got to buy the N4 plugin for 399$ right?
Ok. Thank you
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Maniac

How does the new aitb blue eq compare to Eq B from Coffee? Mind you on Coffee you have to use the tone control modelled preamp (feed) separately from the standalone Eq as its preamp is not included there (I guess they had no more room on the gui for the feedback control knob).
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
Ok. Thank you
Or wait Black Friday for a better deal.
📝 Reply