The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 13th September 2020
Gear Maniac

I really love the TimC's plates. I think their one for the best ITB plate reverbs! I really love plate reverbs and had and have several types : Arturia, TimP. I have also some other reverbs of TimP but not really blown away by it. They are good, can't deny that but the plates of Cupwise are really gorgeous!!
Old 13th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd83 View Post
I really love the TimC's plates. I think their one for the best ITB plate reverbs! I really love plate reverbs and had and have several types : Arturia, TimP. I have also some other reverbs of TimP but not really blown away by it. They are good, can't deny that but the plates of Cupwise are really gorgeous!!
Anyone in particular ?...there are a lot of them !
Old 13th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I have not used a single AA plugin in a long time.

I simply don't trust their plugins anymore. And apparently that'll not change any time soon.
You should try BRIGHTON comp on vocal ! It's a miracle
Old 14th September 2020
Lives for gear

Reverb and AA bashing

Hi all

I've just bought Tea Rooms by TimP and tried it out quickly on acoustic guitar. Very, very nice. Highly recommended.

I've no idea how people think algo reverbs compare. I'm pretty deaf having worked in studios and doing FOH for 37 years but it sounds massively superior to me. I can't hear the difference between most of the pre and compressor shootouts but Ebony and Nebula reverbs sound so much better. I also much prefer normal IRs to algos.

I have used ValhallaRoom and other reverbs and never really managed to make them sound great. The PSP 2445 is OK to my ears but still missing the 3D depth and realism.

I also don't understand all the AA bashing. The only thing that has bothered me in all their product line is Modula not having server functionality as yet which is pretty bad.

To each their own of course.

Tony
Old 14th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambony View Post
Hi all

I've just bought Tea Rooms by TimP and tried it out quickly on acoustic guitar. Very, very nice. Highly recommended.

I've no idea how people think algo reverbs compare. I'm pretty deaf having worked in studios and doing FOH for 37 years but it sounds massively superior to me. I can't hear the difference between most of the pre and compressor shootouts but Ebony and Nebula reverbs sound so much better. I also much prefer normal IRs to algos.

I have used ValhallaRoom and other reverbs and never really managed to make them sound great. The PSP 2445 is OK to my ears but still missing the 3D depth and realism.

I also don't understand all the AA bashing. The only thing that has bothered me in all their product line is Modula not having server functionality as yet which is pretty bad.

To each their own of course.

Tony
Yes, Nebula reverbs sound smooth and organic. I can sometimes get other plug-in reverbs to sound as good, but I have to take extra steps to get there.
The Nebula verbs also blend in more seamlessly to my ear.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Which N4 verbs would you buy first " ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchinstin View Post
Anyone in particular ?...there are a lot of them !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambony View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
Yes, Nebula reverbs sound smooth and organic. I can sometimes get other plug-in reverbs to sound as good, but I have to take extra steps to get there.
The Nebula verbs also blend in more seamlessly to my ear.
Hey. Hopefully, this isn't off-topic. But, I've just released 'The Drip '63'. Actually, that monstrosity is uploading as I type this. LOL.

But, about 'must-haves', after I finished 'The Drip', I made a new, special preset as a gift to the Nebula community. Both ceejay and Cupwise helped me out a lot! So, this is also a way for me to give back to the community.

I sort of took the Bo Diddley preset (the one with the reverb pan locked) and modified that. Even with this tank physically damped, there is quite a nice decay!

I sampled it in 44, 48, 88, and 96 kHz. It took me many hours. But, I think it sounds organic and 3-D, just like The Drip '63. Even though I'm a total beginner, you might wanna download it just to check it out. Since it was made exactly like 'The Drip', it should give you some indication as to what the sound quality of my first ever library is like.

These files are huge! So, I'm breaking it up according to the rate. Here are the gift/demo links.

44 and 48 kHz:

https://gumroad.com/l/PanDO

88 kHz ONLY:

https://gum.co/CTDTQa

96 kHz ONLY:

https://gum.co/RyqHL
Lives for gear

Thanks, downloading now!

Last edited by Arionas; 14th September 2020 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Understood wrong
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
Hey. Hopefully, this isn't off-topic. But, I've just released 'The Drip '63'. Actually, that monstrosity is uploading as I type this. LOL.

But, about 'must-haves', after I finished 'The Drip', I made a new, special preset as a gift to the Nebula community. Both ceejay and Cupwise helped me out a lot! So, this is also a way for me to give back to the community.

I sort of took the Bo Diddley preset (the one with the reverb pan locked) and modified that. Even with this tank physically damped, there is quite a nice decay!

I sampled it in 44, 48, 88, and 96 kHz. It took me many hours. But, I think it sounds organic and 3-D, just like The Drip '63. Even though I'm a total beginner, you might wanna download it just to check it out. Since it was made exactly like 'The Drip', it should give you some indication as to what the sound quality of my first ever library is like.

These files are huge! So, I'm breaking it up according to the rate. Here are the gift/demo links.

44 and 48 kHz:

88 kHz ONLY:

96 kHz ONLY:

That's really nice of you! Thanks! Very exciting...Downloading now!
Lives for gear

Here's the link for The Drip '63:

https://gum.co/QDogP

EDIT: I created options to pay slightly less and get a single sample rate version. I also did a few combo packages, too. This thing is HUGE. Don't wanna waste anyone's time if they don't want those massive files.
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-drip-pd-1.jpg  

Last edited by wagz; 14th September 2020 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Simplified
Lives for gear

Quote:

44 and 48 kHz:

88 kHz ONLY:

96 kHz ONLY:

I just made a short and crude video of the demo: https://youtu.be/_3l1lfQzD5U

I love me a spring and this sounds pretty cool, you might have your first customer here
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
I just made a short and crude video of the demo: https://youtu.be/_3l1lfQzD5U

I love me a spring and this sounds pretty cool, you might have your first customer here
Thanks for making a demo, Andy! I was actually trying to make one when I saw your post. On that preset, the reverb pan is locked. But, the character of the springs shines right through that! It made the preset short. But, it's very usable in a mix.

The 'TONE' is at 8.5 and the 'DWELL' is at 2.5.

What's hilarious is that I didn't remember the settings. The reverb is literally right next to me in the exact that it was in when I sampled it yesterday!

I hope that you buy The Drip '63. But, even if you don't, please, enjoy the springs in the free programs.

I sampled this thing on a whim - because a hurricane was striking my city and I couldn't work.

(The programs in 'The Drip '63 were made starting last week or so, I think. They were made well after the hurricane was over. And, they are the results of my third attempt at sampling this unit verb in that time period. Cupwise essentially explained how things work. I asked lots of dumb questions and had to quadruple-check everything because my version of NAT is so wonky. It took me many hours to learn all of the quirks that you'd only encounter if you tried to use the thing. Sorry for rambling...)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for making a demo, Andy! I was actually trying to make one when I saw your post. On that preset, the reverb pan is locked. But, the character of the springs shines right through that! It made the preset short. But, it's very usable in a mix.

The 'TONE' is at 8.5 and the 'DWELL' is at 2.5.

What's hilarious is that I didn't remember the settings. The reverb is literally right next to me in the exact that it was in when I sampled it yesterday!

I hope that you buy The Drip '63. But, even if you don't, please, enjoy the springs in the free programs.

I sampled this thing on a whim - because a hurricane was striking my city and I couldn't work.

(The programs in 'The Drip '63 were made starting last week or so, I think. They were made well after the hurricane was over. And, they are the results of my third attempt at sampling this unit verb in that time period. Cupwise essentially explained how things work. I asked lots of dumb questions and had to quadruple-check everything because my version of NAT is so wonky. It took me many hours to learn all of the quirks that you'd only encounter if you tried to use the thing. Sorry for rambling...)
Hey man! I bought it, i think it sounds great! And i've got almost all the Nebula Spring libraries, it's definitely up there with the rest. Obviously Max's skin looks awesome and makes the world of difference to the usability of the library.

I did another short video going through the presets, it's not quite surf guitar, but hopefully folks will get an idea of how the library sounds: https://youtu.be/n24E_pBRshw

Good job man, congratulations and hope to see more from you soon...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey man! I bought it, i think it sounds great! And i've got almost all the Nebula Spring libraries, it's definitely up there with the rest. Obviously Max's skin looks awesome and makes the world of difference to the usability of the library.

I did another short video going through the presets, it's not quite surf guitar, but hopefully folks will get an idea of how the library sounds:

Good job man, congratulations and hope to see more from you soon...
Andy!!!! That's an awesome demo! Way better than I would have done. Watching the video, one can both see the way the library is meant to be used and appreciate the sound quality.

And, Max did an awesome job! He brought it to life. I gave him my mockup and described the concept. We chatted a bit. He gave me very good advice and listened to what I wanted in order to help me fully realize my vision. Here's the first mockup I gave him. I wanted it to be like an 8-track strapped on to a tube reverb!!! To me, the presets are like popping in a new tape. Ahahaha. Big buttons are cool!
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-dmzn-drip-chocolate-mockup-1-no-dwell-peak-lamps.png  

Last edited by wagz; 14th September 2020 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: YouTube
Lives for gear

Quote:
Andy!!!! That's an awesome demo! Way better than I would have done. Watching the video, one can both see the way the library is meant to be used and appreciate the sound quality.

And, Max did an awesome job! He brought it to life. I gave him my mockup and described the concept. We chatted a bit. He gave me very good advice and listened to what I wanted in order to help me fully realize my vision. Here's the first mockup I gave him. I wanted it to be like an 8-track strapped on to a tube reverb!!! To me, the presets are like popping in a new tape. Ahahaha. Big buttons are cool!
That is a cool design man! I'm glad you like the video, i hope it sells the library. If you have any material you would like used just let me know and i could do another one.
Lives for gear

Quote:
That is a cool design man! I'm glad you like the video, i hope it sells the library. If you have any material you would like used just let me know and i could do another one.
Thanks, Andy! I hope that it sells, too. Then, maybe I'll be able to fund a new piece of gear to sample.

I was gonna upload some basic audio clips. But, I can put together an audio track for you to use in a video, stepping through the presets...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, Andy! I hope that it sells, too. Then, maybe I'll be able to fund a new piece of gear to sample.

I was gonna upload some basic audio clips. But, I can put together an audio track for you to use in a video, stepping through the presets...
Cool, no problem man, just send me a DM
Old 14th September 2020
Gear Maniac
nice work on the drip. looks and sounds great and i'll definitely be checking it out.

cupwise's reelverb has quickly become one of my favorites. less on the springy/drippy side but just incredibly lush and deep sounding. some audio demos on his site which were all i needed to hear to pick it up: https://cupwise.com/shop/reelverb1/?v=0a10a0b3e53b
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
nice work on the drip. looks and sounds great and i'll definitely be checking it out.

cupwise's reelverb has quickly become one of my favorites. less on the springy/drippy side but just incredibly lush and deep sounding. some audio demos on his site which were all i needed to hear to pick it up: https://cupwise.com/shop/reelverb1/?v=0a10a0b3e53b
Cupwise's programs are top-notch! (It is known.)

Without him, The Drip '63 wouldn't even exist! That's simply a fact. He was very generous with his time and knowledge. He basically re-explained everything in that first article so that a noob like me could understand. I still have a long way to go, though...

Thanks, Tim!
Old 15th September 2020 | Show parent
Quote:

44 and 48 kHz:

88 kHz ONLY:

96 kHz ONLY:

You did it!!! Amazing! Congrats!

Buying for sure!!!
Lives for gear
Bought
Lives for gear

was happy to help wagz! congrats on the release! sounds pretty nice from the youtube vid posted earlier, and pretty unique. hopefully it takes off and you get to do some more! oh and max's skin looks great too!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupwise View Post
was happy to help wagz! congrats on the release! sounds pretty nice from the youtube vid posted earlier, and pretty unique. hopefully it takes off and you get to do some more! oh and max's skin looks great too!
Me, too. Yeah. Max's skins are great!
Gear Addict

Another Happy Dripper...

Nice work gentlemen! I just subbed it in on a Ron Miles/Bill Frissell live mix that I'd done and it's delightful! Just a little different vibe than the AA Ultramarine Spring (Fairchild tank) both are super cool. Nice to have two great spring emulation options!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Heimbecker View Post
Nice work gentlemen! I just subbed it in on a Ron Miles/Bill Frissell live mix that I'd done and it's delightful! Just a little different vibe than the AA Ultramarine Spring (Fairchild tank) both are super cool. Nice to have two great spring emulation options!
Thanks! Enjoy. Please, let me know if/when that live mix is available.

Ron miles and Bill Frisell? Surely, it sounds awesome.
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Is it possible to change DSPBUFFER value for specific setups (local tweaks? What should I write in Name if so?) or would I have to create a new build of n4 and change the DSP buffer in settings? Would prefer to not do it (I've tried, but they are named the same in reaper no matter which confuses me). What is the best DSP buffer for reverbs? best to choose lower values for shorter reverbs and longer values for longer verbs?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse_87 View Post
Is it possible to change DSPBUFFER value for specific setups (local tweaks? What should I write in Name if so?) or would I have to create a new build of n4 and change the DSP buffer in settings? Would prefer to not do it (I've tried, but they are named the same in reaper no matter which confuses me). What is the best DSP buffer for reverbs? best to choose lower values for shorter reverbs and longer values for longer verbs?
Use local tweaks in the setup, DSPBUFFER is the name, I would try 4096 or 8192
Old 16th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Use local tweaks in the setup, DSPBUFFER is the name, I would try 4096 or 8192
Thanks!
Old 16th September 2020
Here for the gear

Does anybody use TimP CTen61? I've tried demo and it seems cool-sounding tight punchy EQ. What anybody can say about this EQ?
Old 16th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse_87 View Post
Thanks!
No problem man. It's worth checking out the setups manual (attached) and Tim P's settings page: https://www.timpetherick.co.uk/setti...m-p-libraries/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf N4_setups_manual_v_2.0.pdf (927.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Guys, who own CDSM - APEX Tape Collection, please test these two programs under N4:
APX-602-456
APX-602-456-CLN
It's crashing my N4 (but works fine under N3)
I'm currently thinking about remove them from the upcoming skin, or leave it there with N4 users warning..
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-119485717_1208235846210510_6694195847352372622_n.png  
📝 Reply