The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 14th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
your one seems a bug. Are you speaking about a single instance of red? 15 seconds? in any case yes, you'l get support using tickets. Red eq is free for this exact purpose, you can test issues before buying: here red loads in less than 1 second, there is no apparent reason why acquavox should load quickly and red not.

edit: contact me, maybe I have a solution. Ask to enrique (the support ticket) to put in touch with me directly
Thank you. Yes....any and every time i try to load RedEQ it takes 10-15 seconds to become useable. The controls are all the way counterclockwise when the plugin is loaded and 10-15 seconds later they jump to 0db center position.

Orange loads about the same. When i select a preset it takes a SOLID 20 seconds to"settle".....and then the projects where i use a few Acustica instances take a really long time to load. I cant say 100% for sure that its the Acustica products, but its never been an issue until i started using them...aqnd then i havent installed anything else...so only about 98% sure

Im on the road and away from my DAW and dont have anything serious going on right now, so im not getting too worked up about it, but i'll take you up on that. Thanks again. I appreciate all of the time and help youve given to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
So can any betatesters or anyone in the know tell me whether I should pre-purchase the Magenta today? I mean, is it good?
It may be the best EQ anyone has ever heard but the whole "pre sale" thing is a total turn off IMO. Whats the deal with this?

It became a bit upsetting when Apple wanted money to "pre order" my iphone, and to be honest my frustration is more directed at them because they are a MEGA corporation....but even in Acustica's case, they already want folks to buy without a demo and now asking you to buy an EQ based on hype alone is very unsettling IMO.

Ive never known a beta tester to "downplay" a product.

Quote:
I said that
You da man! Sorry i missed that
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbird View Post
Appreciate that.

As a side note and one i'll discuss on a ticket - Red takes about 15 seconds to activate once it has been selected as a plugin choice. Orange about 20-30 seconds, and Aquavox is almost instant. I7 quad core 16GB Ramm Win7.

Kind of you to be concerned.
You're most welcome. Reading your computer specs, you seem to have a great system and Im afraid something (with all reserve) in your system is wrong. It's not normal with 17 QuadCore and 16 GBRam mhmhmh

Try to send your XML Nubela file to Acustica and they will check and help you configure parameters to best fit you system.

I'm sure things will get solved, Good luck mate
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
You're most welcome. Reading your computer specs, you seem to have a great system and Im afraid something (with all reserve) in your system is wrong. It's not normal with 17 QuadCore and 16 GBRam mhmhmh

Try to send your XML Nubela file to Acustica and they will check and help you configure parameters to best fit you system.

I'm sure things will get solved, Good luck mate
Something May be wrong, but i gotta tell ya, I have a UAD Quad card in that computer, and its finickey.

For instance, if i let the computer go to sleep, i have to restart it before opening up Cubase or it will just freeze. That has never happened - until i installed the card a year ago.

Im going to try disabling the card in the device manager (i dont know if thats enough) and all things UAD related and see if that helps. I have a sinking feeling that the Quad Card is coming into play in some way or another.

Thanks again. You Nebula types are a kind and helpful bunch. Cant echo that enough.
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear
For you Nebula/Acqua curious......

New compressor from CDSoundmaster..... Very nice. There is intro pricing available, a FREE feature-linited version (not a time bomb demo).

Check out THIS new product alert.
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

I just found out about the Black Comp for the first time and listened to the previews.. holy crap! NOW we're crushing! This thing will kill on so many levels..

BTW, reading some old posts.. I hope somebody pulls a 1kHz sinewave through it and see if it adds "junk" to the sound ->

EDIT -> WTBC: Cool! Installing now..
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

+1 on the big reverbs.

I bought that EMT one based on the glowing reports but that small tin-can type plate sound doesn't really work with my material.

Would love to see even just an emulation of the Blackhole preset...
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
+1 on the big reverbs.

I bought that EMT one based on the glowing reports but that small tin-can type plate sound doesn't really work with my material.

It works best IMO on drums and vocals, subtle.. but I definitely get where you're coming from.

Yeah, that one big ambient reverb.. still hasn't happened.
Old 15th October 2014
big reverb is very cpu intensive...
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
big reverb is very cpu intensive...
We know.

BTW, I just found out about the black comp and checked out the previews.. holy mother of god! NOW we're crushing! That thing is gonna murder on so many levels.

I seriously hope (from a personal standpoint) that Alex is going to revisit the 88RS-line for Neb 4 but I doubt that is going to happen. If the Nebula versions are cheaper than Acqua, I'd be fine with that since I'm completely used to the GUI.

Oh the possibilities..
Old 15th October 2014
yeah I did some of the preview audio...Black Comp is gonna be great. First time I use nebula compression in a typical GUI...they are putting a lot of energy into the study of compression characteristics and upgrading the nebula / NAT engine...

There are a lot of aqua coming...whether neve 88rs will be in there not sure...next up Black Comp and Magnata
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Something May be wrong, but i gotta tell ya, I have a UAD Quad card in that computer, and its finickey.

For instance, if i let the computer go to sleep, i have to restart it before opening up Cubase or it will just freeze. That has never happened - until i installed the card a year ago.

Im going to try disabling the card in the device manager (i dont know if thats enough) and all things UAD related and see if that helps. I have a sinking feeling that the Quad Card is coming into play in some way or another.

Thanks again. You Nebula types are a kind and helpful bunch. Cant echo that enough.
You're welcome mate and if my inputs are of any help, thats what matters ;-)

In regard to your UAD card acting up when your computer goes to sleep and freeze on wake up, thats right too NOT NORMAL at all. Get UAD guys to help you there. (i'm pretty sure you've already contacted them)

Here's one suggestion for you (in case you haven't done this yet). Have you tried your same setup as is with another DAW? If Not, go on and install REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits reason i'm suggesting Reaper, it is the lightest and fastest DAW on the market and fully working for 30days and more / or you can also try Studio One FREE version PreSonus | Studio One - Download) and just start up a QUICK TEST project (not a serious one, just some loops drag & drop) and start with your UAD plugins.
Let your the DAW open until your computer goes to sleep... just do the same as you do with Cubase and see the results.

It's always good to have a second DAW just for Quick test when you're experiencing plugins issues, Soundcard behaving etc.. etc..

Just my 2 cents ;-)
Good luck
Old 16th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
you can also try Studio One FREE version PreSonus | Studio One - Download) and just start up a QUICK TEST project (not a serious one, just some loops drag & drop) and start with your UAD plugins.
Thanks again.

I dont think you can use 3rd party plugins with Studio one free. I downloaded it and gave it a try, and not only did it not load the plugins, but some of the paths the suggested in the manual - to scan my plugins were missing. I should have looked at the comparison chart. PreSonus | Studio One - Compare Versions

Just thought id throw that out there for your own information. I'll try reaper.
Old 16th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks again.

I dont think you can use 3rd party plugins with Studio one free. I downloaded it and gave it a try, and not only did it not load the plugins, but some of the paths the suggested in the manual - to scan my plugins were missing. I should have looked at the comparison chart. PreSonus | Studio One - Compare Versions

Just thought id throw that out there for your own information. I'll try reaper.
You're right mate, S1 Free does NOT load 3rd party plugins. Go ahead give Reaper a try. Reaper will fully work without any limitations and will load anything ;-)

Best of luck
Old 16th October 2014
Lives for gear

Meh...acustica folder doesnt want to show up...but one thing that i found shocking. Reaper reporting about 50% cpu on this crappy little core 2 duo, while running 7 or 8 heavy plugins. Heck, 4 instances of VTM used to CRUSH this thing. Could my CPU be that much lower with Reaper?

Anyway the Acustica folder is the only one not coming up in my VST plugins. I'll figure it out, but thats about my luck lol. It mi8ght take a couple of days, but i'll report back when i recoup some time and energy Hell it only took 3hrs to get this far
Old 16th October 2014
I can confirm Reaper can run plugings much better than other DAW, don't ask why... I have a i5 750 and never pass 40% while using quite a lot of plugins.
Old 16th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
+1 on the big reverbs.

Seems you picked the wrong type of reverb. This is what the plates, real or digital sound like - instant early whip-like reflections with metallic (aka tin can) colour. And EMT140 is not the most cavernous of them. It's used mostly for more "density" rather than "space". I often use it in mono in order to blur the source a little.

What you want is digital algorithmic terrirory. I don't think Nebula will ever handle this type of "reverb" well - this involves not only modulation but processing not associated usually with reverb (as I understand). This is an effect on its own rather than reverb.

I would like to see more reverbs and improved reverb engine as well. Namely, sampled real rooms, chambers, studios etc. None available currently. Room Hunters sampled one but their site is down, so no room for me.
Old 16th October 2014
yes I have to concur...Im not convinced vast ambient reverbs are the best usage of Nebula - when there are quite good algo models available (just bought eventide ultrareverb for $63)...probably better for realistic spaces and perhaps some reasonable size machine specific sounds...sampling real machines thru converters and analogue stages will get a real nice density that is difficult to get ITB...
Old 16th October 2014
Gear Nut

Room Hunters sampled one but their site is down, so no room for me.[/QUOTE]

if you do a search i think you can find it for free...they give it away for the comunity..it is excelent!!!

• View topic - Theater Of Life - FREE ! for everybody !

Old 18th October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_mod View Post
Seems you picked the wrong type of reverb. This is what the plates, real or digital sound like - instant early whip-like reflections with metallic (aka tin can) colour. And EMT140 is not the most cavernous of them. It's used mostly for more "density" rather than "space". I often use it in mono in order to blur the source a little.

What you want is digital algorithmic terrirory. I don't think Nebula will ever handle this type of "reverb" well - this involves not only modulation but processing not associated usually with reverb (as I understand). This is an effect on its own rather than reverb.

I would like to see more reverbs and improved reverb engine as well. Namely, sampled real rooms, chambers, studios etc. None available currently. Room Hunters sampled one but their site is down, so no room for me.

Hi ringo, can I ask you somthing? and anybody who can advice me.
I want Lana Del Rey's vocal reverb, like this.

especialy first part of Old Money and 0:58' of Brooklyn Baby.

Can I get this reverb by Neb's program? ex) emt140, bx15, bx20e, 3k rooms, 6k halls, verb 5k, etc.
and what kind of reverb is that Lana's? spring? hall? plate?
plz help me guys!

and really sorry about my poor English, I'm not good at English.
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
You're right mate, S1 Free does NOT load 3rd party plugins. Go ahead give Reaper a try. Reaper will fully work without any limitations and will load anything ;-)

Best of luck
So, im evaluating Reaper. Ive used it for a day or 2 a few years back and didnt care for it much. This time around i really like it. So much in fact i think i may just stick with it. Esp for $60.

Anyway, Everything is pretty groovy, except it IS taking Orange and Red about 45 - 60 seconds to load. Red *seems* a little faster. (maybe because i had 2 instances of Orange in the project and only one instance of Red- not sure)

Im awful at trouble shooting this kind of thing. Any suggestions where to start looking?

Edit: Obviously i found in the manual that you can load projects without fx, but this doesnt really solve the problem i dont think.
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
yes I have to concur...Im not convinced vast ambient reverbs are the best usage of Nebula - when there are quite good algo models available (just bought eventide ultrareverb for $63)...probably better for realistic spaces and perhaps some reasonable size machine specific sounds...sampling real machines thru converters and analogue stages will get a real nice density that is difficult to get ITB...
Swanny what DAW do you use? - sorry for the OT.
Old 18th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by llnu View Post
Hi ringo, can I ask you somthing? and anybody who can advice me.
I want Lana Del Rey's vocal reverb, like this.
Hi. I'm not that good with reverse engineering others' tracks, but will try.
This is not a single reverb effect, but a combination of different effects. Part of what you're describing as reverb are backing vocals drowned in reverb. Some automation is going on for sure. Sounds like delays at some parts was used too.

Long reverb is something digital, bottomless and modulated, hall-like. You will be better with algorithmic plugins than Nebula.

The vocals are softened with another short reverb as well (short plates and ambience are used for this in common). I don't think short verb is a plate there as is doesn't seem too have "metallic" quality.

I'm not familiar with this genre and type of production, so hope somebody can help you better and correct me.
Old 21st October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_mod View Post
Hi. I'm not that good with reverse engineering others' tracks, but will try.
This is not a single reverb effect, but a combination of different effects. Part of what you're describing as reverb are backing vocals drowned in reverb. Some automation is going on for sure. Sounds like delays at some parts was used too.

Long reverb is something digital, bottomless and modulated, hall-like. You will be better with algorithmic plugins than Nebula.

The vocals are softened with another short reverb as well (short plates and ambience are used for this in common). I don't think short verb is a plate there as is doesn't seem too have "metallic" quality.

I'm not familiar with this genre and type of production, so hope somebody can help you better and correct me.
Oh, really really sorry for late, and thank U so much for your kind reply.

yeah I already know there are multiple reverbs, delays and some modulation or trigger effects.
just wanna know can get that kind of reverbs from Neb, and what kind of reverb, hall or plate or spring or something...

hmmm.... but I don't think that is backing vocal's reverb sound... partially that is too direct.

anyway, very thankful for the information of using short reveb-short plates, ambiance for soften effect.
Old 21st October 2014
Deleted User
I read an interview about the mixing of Ultraviolence (google it, don't remember all the details) but I think much of the stunning reverb (best of the year) is actually plugins, some long digital algo's and plate, ambiance, etc.

And she used a 58. (talent > gear)
Old 21st October 2014
Lives for gear

Interesting, it seems from the interview that I was mistaken and plate was used too, but was correct in other respects. Nebula plate will do as well, but everything else is sure from non-Nebula world.
If you don't have any algo reverb plugins, you can try modulating Nebula stuff, TC programs for example. And of course they can be used as additional reverbs. But this main "Big Freaking Reverb" effect is really algo territory as said earlier.

BTW I don't like TC programs for Nebula much. They're sound nothing like respective units. Better than simple impulses, but still.
Old 22nd October 2014
Lives for gear

That Lana Del Rey reverb sounds exactly like something you would get out of the Neb EMT140 with a little bit of delay on the bottom.. sounds pretty much like a plate along with a lot of other effecting IMO.

BTW, the Gemini Audio G2500 kicks serious ass
Old 22nd October 2014
Here for the gear

yes, I read two of articles, Video Games and Ultraviolence.
hmmm... but I think those two albums reverb sound is little differnt, very subtle, IMHO.
Video Games' verb is mentioned by article, that was soft algo plugins.
hmm.. you guys think that Old Money's verb is also algo reverbs? i don't know...

anyway, Old money's vocal sound is very very soft and warm not only verb but also whole vocal track.
at the start of the song, can hear some vinyl noise or something, I don't know it's just effect or adding some sample of noise.
and vocal sound is more vintage sound than other tracks, isn't it?
anyway it's just wonderful, can I get that sound from Neb's saturation programs, for instance, CDSM's vintage tube collections, AlexB's sat programs, etc...
how about you guys?
many thanks~!
Old 23rd October 2014
Gear Nut

just to share some sounds ..a lot nebula going on this sounds...

https://soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruf...tudio-mix-cabs

peace!
Old 23rd October 2014
Lives for gear

I'd say that the Gemini G2500 is a perfect cure for anybody who's looking for a treatment for the digital "thinness" and lack of punch and aggression (that's what's API gear known for) and cannot afford expensive outboard gear. The Gemini version sounds freaking outstanding and ACTUALLY handles and does the compression. The Waves version and this are not from even the same planet.

HIGHLY recommended. For 38€ (was it?) it's ridiculous.
Old 23rd October 2014
Gear Addict
I'd encourage everyone to check out the new Lindell plugins. They are really a step up in the "algo" sound, especially that compressor. There is a bit of that "weight" and "real" sound to these plugs that we're all familiar with through the ol' Nebula.

I'm sure if the PEX-500 EQ was Nebulized we'd see the usual benefits over the algo version, but they are still subtle and unobtrusive like an EQ should be.

Anyway, not trying to derail here but it's a free demo that y'all may enjoy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search