The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 14th July 2014
Deleted User
The controls and freq. points are way different than my Tone Control. Must be Chandler though.
Old 14th July 2014
Lives for gear

My favourite console out of the AlexB programs is still the Modern Black Console (aka API), felt it provided the best enhancement without altering the freq response too much or making things muddy in the bottom or hazy at the top end.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Addict

Still no 64bit Audio unit???? 2015???
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
upcoming 3 band Blue EQ - Analog In The Box back in the game.

Released
Blue Eq
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

still pissed they haven't done any AU releases for any of the new stuff
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
Released
Blue Eq
Looks cool. But, 89 bucks and no demo?
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

concerning blue eq

Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Looks cool. But, 89 bucks and no demo?
It's hard to demo the new Acqua multi-band features without them giving the plugin away.... So there IS a free 3 band Acqua called "RedEQ", so check that out. If they release a "limited" Blue EQ, it' would just be another one band Acqua, which would be missing some of the coolest features about the new Acqua stuff..... Go get the free RedEQ, it's very cool.
Old 27th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
It's hard to demo the new Acqua multi-band features without them giving the plugin away.... So there IS a free 3 band Acqua called "RedEQ", so check that out. If they release a "limited" Blue EQ, it' would just be another one band Acqua, which would be missing some of the coolest features about the new Acqua stuff..... Go get the free RedEQ, it's very cool.
Cool, I'll check it out. Any info on what unit it's based on?
Old 28th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Cool, I'll check it out. Any info on what unit it's based on?
Since my name is Joe, I am too Meek to tell you what it is sampled from...... (hint hint......)
Old 28th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
Since my name is Joe, I am too Meek to tell you what it is sampled from...... (hint hint......)
Hahahaha…
Old 31st July 2014
Lives for gear

I feel free to throw my amp programs in the game here

Nebula Programs - 3rd party libraries - Online Guitar Tracks

...where the tubes are grooving
Old 14th August 2014
Lives for gear

Well, they're killing it:

Quote:
Nebula 1.3.770 (Major release)

- New technology on compressors (you need new libraries);
- New envelope follower modes (you need to tune manually emulation programs);
- Unlocked program rate till two samples if the kernel is short enough;
- Improved VU meters in VU mode (mode 7 in MAST page);
- Optional disabling truncation of categories to 3 characters (see Nebula MAST page FAQ);
- Optional default linear mode for rotary knobs (see Nebula MAST page FAQ);
- New skinning modes and tags: transparency background for sliders, reversed behavior for knobs, quantized knobs. (you need new skins);
- Extensions: you can control more than 8 sliders form the skin if a program supports that feature (you need new skins).
Merry early Christmas you bastards! That new 88RS comp..
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmean View Post
this nebula powered bus library is the best sounding thing ive ever strapped across a 2 bus mix. it sounds phenomenal.
Just got that. Damn. Sweet! Really warms it up. One of those plugins you load on the master, tweak it a bit, flick it on and off you realize how much it actually improves the sound and how much colder it was before.
For that price it's a steal!
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Wow, Fanu! We have some underground stars over here Love The Siren Song and your early singles Sir.

Now my current master setup is like this:

RS88 Cine
MFQ with a wide mid dip
33609 (doing more extreme GR now since the new compressor update)
Sturder A820

I'm also using an algorithmic multiband comp for some minor sidechaining.. adds some nice presence and "groove" to the tracks. That's pretty much it. I still prefer the RND 5033 over the new MFQ in some cases (like high shelf and mids).
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Well, they're killing it:

Merry early Christmas you bastards! That new 88RS comp..
Which one is the 88RS comp?
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Which one is the 88RS comp?
Modern Flagship Compressor by AlexB?
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
- New technology on compressors (you need new libraries);
Do I understand this right - my existing comp libraries, including the fantastic creamy 660, the KultComp and Michael's new CL1B are going down the drain if I install this?
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaus View Post
Do I understand this right - my existing comp libraries, including the fantastic creamy 660, the KultComp and Michael's new CL1B are going down the drain if I install this?
No, from what I gather, existing libraries should continue to perform the same. It's just that there's now support for enhanced compression libraries if devs support it… Maybe someone with more info can chime in?
Old 15th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, Fanu! We have some underground stars over here Love The Siren Song and your early singles Sir.
Thanks man. Salute!
Old 16th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaus View Post
No, they'll work just fine, but (as far as I've understood) to take advantage of the new tech, you'll need some of the newer libraries.

For example, the 88RS comp now acts like a real compressor, but REALLY extreme compression still seems to have some issues. Just go for it, you won't be disappointed.
Old 16th August 2014
Gear Maniac

OK - thanks for the info!
Old 3rd September 2014
Lives for gear

I'm always bumping this thread since there is no Supa Official Neb thread, but this is more about techniques now i guess.. so I was reading about something how they recorded the Smashing Pumpkins "If All Goes Wrong" DVD material which actually won some awards and without a doubts sounds pretty damn good, regardless what you think about the music. In the end, they had pretty simplified setup (I'm thriving for that now with mixing). I guess I've posted something about this before..

They basically used for mixing, from to bottom..

- A Rupert Neve 5088 desk (with some sidecar by some other developer, I have no ****ing clue about this stuff, apparently for guitar tracking) with the usual stuff
- Tape for just the drums and bass

I had tons of stuff on the master. Now I just have 88RS console driven a bit, 5033 EQ and 33609 (or TBH, two of them, the other one is doing some minor peak grabbing). No tape on the master, no exciters etc..

I'm putting the drums and bass through a Studer 820 @15 ips (with a VTM-M2 for the actual dynamic control that Nebula doesn't really handle well). Besides that, it's basically just the 88RS EQ and comp. Not running the whole mix through a Studer gives more 3D mix IMO, at least in digital. I've been doing that for ages.

So basically.. I'm just running the drums and bass to a tape @15 ips, rest is just the solid state stuff. Makes life WAY easier
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

Good stuff my friend! me because I was a beginner at mixing I got caught in the must emulate analog fever, tape, etc.. I still put tape plugin on my tracks but not all of them. now I have enought good ears and experience to know if tape color will help the track or not. using Satin a lot now instead of Slate VTM. sometime I just use a tape program from R2R or Cupwise cassette. I got the Nag tape but they dont do much for me. also on the master I always used to have Slate VTM on mixbus. now no more tape. my mix are begining to be more controled and solid and I dont even need stuff on the master to make sound better. I found it only destroy the clarity. no compression as well. I leave that to mastering cause its the only step that will have real quality analog gear. even if Nebula is top notch in sound quality. im still not enought confident on my skills to put random stuff and hope for miracle.. I also use the MFC. awesome. I mised too songs with it and had it on the master (the only plugin). I like to drive it as well. now I got the new Modern Tube Console V2 so I mixing the rest of album with it.. if Alexb doesnt come up soon with another great console

all good stuff. love my mixes
if you are curious to hear the 2 first songs I did with MFC console on every channel and master bus. and lots of recent nebula compressors that works for real .
https://soundcloud.com/plajia/sets/new-plajia-tracks

hope you guys like
happy nebula awesome mixing!!!! cheers and let the jealous people hate us for using nebula ))

and to finish the modest Nebula community and users are one of the most nice people ever from around the world no trolls just real passionate people.

Quote:
I'm always bumping this thread since there is no Supa Official Neb thread, but this is more about techniques now i guess.. so I was reading about something how they recorded the Smashing Pumpkins "If All Goes Wrong" DVD material which actually won some awards and without a doubts sounds pretty damn good, regardless what you think about the music. In the end, they had pretty simplified setup (I'm thriving for that now with mixing). I guess I've posted something about this before..

They basically used for mixing, from to bottom..

- A Rupert Neve 5088 desk (with some sidecar by some other developer, I have no ****ing clue about this stuff, apparently for guitar tracking) with the usual stuff
- Tape for just the drums and bass

I had tons of stuff on the master. Now I just have 88RS console driven a bit, 5033 EQ and 33609 (or TBH, two of them, the other one is doing some minor peak grabbing). No tape on the master, no exciters etc..

I'm putting the drums and bass through a Studer 820 @15 ips (with a VTM-M2 for the actual dynamic control that Nebula doesn't really handle well). Besides that, it's basically just the 88RS EQ and comp. Not running the whole mix through a Studer gives more 3D mix IMO, at least in digital. I've been doing that for ages.

So basically.. I'm just running the drums and bass to a tape @15 ips, rest is just the solid state stuff. Makes life WAY easier
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

33609 = MFD from Alex B?
Old 4th September 2014
I knew it't been discussed but I'll say it again:

It is unbelievable that Acustica expects us to use Nebula exclusively in the 32bit world. I made the mistake of assuming they had 64 bit support and upgraded computers/DAW specifically to use them on my productions without as many hiccups. Yet here I sit on a new Mac Pro completely powerless and going in a different direction.

If I could invest money in the company I would because I believe it is the future but hot damn they seem to have odd priorities. No 64 bit support, absolutely terrible installation/authorization process, very little communication.

I heard they're moving into a new head quarters. Jesus...I hope they come out swinging because they'll change the game.
Old 4th September 2014
I know its been discussed but I'll say it again:

It is unbelievable that Acustica expects us to use Nebula exclusively in the 32bit world. I made the mistake of assuming they had 64 bit support and upgraded computers/DAW specifically to use them on my productions without as many hiccups. Yet here I sit on a new Mac Pro completely powerless and going in a different direction.

If I could invest money in the company I would because I believe it is the future but hot damn they seem to have odd priorities. No 64 bit support, absolutely terrible installation/authorization process, very little communication.

I heard they're moving into a new head quarters. Jesus...I hope they come out swinging because they'll change the game.
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
...if you are curious to hear the 2 first songs I did with MFC console on every channel and master bus. and lots of recent nebula compressors that works for real .
https://soundcloud.com/plajia/sets/new-plajia-tracks
Just curious, what cpu are you using ?
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaySchmitt View Post
I know its been discussed but I'll say it again:

50$ upgrade to nebula server = 64bit
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedme View Post
Just curious, what cpu are you using ?
I got a fairly good computer and nebula very optimized.

Intel i7 2600k 3.4 Ghz but overclocked to his knew. you should hear the fan. its not even funny.lol ****ing nebula.lol 16 gig ram. SSD drives for programs but nebula libs on SATA2. windows 7 all 64bit.. latest studio one 64bit (studio one helps a lot. its so well programmed and never crash, I render event fx, so no need to freeze track. its awesome. only daw that do this.maybe Reaper).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search