The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 13th May 2014
Lives for gear

AMS Neve 88RS Air & Punch (driven pretty hard) ALEXB
FATSO pre, with a healthy dose of "warmth" knob cranked (I tried this, now I can't take it off the chain) ALEXB
AMS Neve 33609 with a 3dB+ compression with med attack and release CUPWISE
Studer 820 NAB driven HOT! CDSOUNDMASTER
Old 14th May 2014
Lives for gear

Anyone here got the Neo Console Plugin Suite? How do you like it? Any comments?

Neo Console Plugin Suite

Just downloaded the Stradipad Free thing a couple of days ago, btw. LOVING it on some of the Omnisphere and Alchemy pads I've tried it on so far. Perhaps the most pleasing free plugin I've ever tried.
Old 14th May 2014
Lives for gear

EDIt: Double post
Old 14th May 2014
Gear Maniac

this nebula powered bus library is the best sounding thing ive ever strapped across a 2 bus mix. it sounds phenomenal.

Old 15th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudes View Post
Please, post a sound clip of the result, it would be awesome.
There's a clip of something that I'm working on, but I guess you'll get the idea.

I love how the hot tape handles the low end, just the right amount. Gotta love those saturation and new GDRIVE knobs too
Attached Files

The Way Around (limited clip).mp3 (553.5 KB, 1390 views)

Old 15th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Sounds pretty cool, love to hear more !
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

Purchased the Neo Console. It's nice, and I'll be using it heaps.

Here's another Acqua plugin I'm interested in: The D361A Special Edition. D361A Special Edition

Anyone got any feedback on this one? It seems no one online is talking about it...
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

Purchased the Neo Console. It's nice, and I'll be using it heaps.

Here's another Acqua plugin I'm interested in: The D361A Special Edition. D361A Special Edition

Anyone got any feedback on this one? It seems no one online is talking about it...
Old 7th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Hey Gents!

I have just downloaded the Nebula Free plugin. The stock reverbs sound really nice... but how do I install the other ones Nebula offers in the download window?

Executing the "libraryinstaller" works, but it doesn't appear to complete the operation. Copying the N2P and NV2 files to the preset "programs" and "vector" folders works, but none of them appear in Nebula?

Is this a limitation of Nebula Free? Or should it work?
Old 10th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmean View Post
this nebula powered bus library is the best sounding thing ive ever strapped across a 2 bus mix. it sounds phenomenal.
tried the demo and then bought it immediately. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11th July 2014
Lives for gear

I still don't get my head around why they don't make all the libraries Aqua? That would bring TONS of new users..

Oh yeah, almost forgot.. the NEVE 88RS COMPRESSOR IS OUT! It's using the "new" sampling technique which provide way better compression than the oldies. It's literally the fattest f*cking thing I've ever heard ITB (I've said that before about a lot of gear, but these libraries just keep on getting better and better).

I'm pretty much now just waiting for Nebula 4 so i can stack all my EQ bands in one instance. It also says on the forums that they're really working on the compression system for the N4 and my wild guess is that all the issues with the compression are pretty much solved when we get there. ALSO, I've requested analog gain reduction metering, the devs said it can be done and some of the 3rd party developers also showed some interest but we'll see.. it could be coming later.

Want the cutting edge on Nebula? Get on the forums, support the requests and buy libraries. Incredible times. Couldn't simply ask for better digital gear (except for that damn Bricasti which apparently isn't coming out after all..)
Old 11th July 2014
yeah the 88RS compressor sounds great in Nebula form. Ive noticed Nebula compressors have a sound to them I tend to prefer to algo compressors - they retain the 'air' in the sound, and the grab is convincing and doesnt sound clicky as it can with normal plugin compressors. However I do find the attack grab to sometimes be a bit hard sounding-perhaps not having the softness of real analogue attack shaping. What I have found is that compressors which has a softer attack grab in real life can sound better (to me) in Nebula format - because of that attribute of the Nebula grab. The 88RS isnt an aggressive compressor - however the Nebula version to me sounds great - because it retains the warmth of the 88RS however it is a bit firmer...seems to work well. Hey - you can get a free version as a demo to try - just stuck in ratio 3:1. Not bad.

They have tons of upcoming Aqua plugins - I think people will be excited. Im testing a new 3 band eq that is not far off release. Its pretty great sounding - coloured - loved vintage recreation brand...yes new compressor sampling functionality...the work goes on. For ITB producers Nebula is a perfect special sauce - and the aqua plugins I think will open them up to a bigger group. Not to mention - with the movement to JUCE - multiple formats...the only way is up really...I hope more and more people join the party.
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

I have to admit that I still have to put Doc Fear on null settings on the master as the second instance :D It just removes the digital "fog" just the right way.. I guess most of the tube gear do that in a way, but the DW Fearn is just heavy..

EDIT: and seriously mods/devs.. fix this double posting problem..
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah the 88RS compressor sounds great in Nebula form.
who's doing this ?
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

AlexB
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Modern Flagship Dynamics ?
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
Modern Flagship Dynamics ?
Yes. The 3 make a nice suite.
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Get nebula to aax asap!

Also make the sampling process more transparent. If kemper can do it acoustica can too.
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh yeah, almost forgot.. the NEVE 88RS COMPRESSOR IS OUT! It's using the "new" sampling technique which provide way better compression than the oldies. It's literally the fattest f*cking thing I've ever heard ITB (I've said that before about a lot of gear, but these libraries just keep on getting better and better).
I concur ....just bought it and slapped it onto some drums...absolutely SICK !!!!
Old 12th July 2014
Quote:
I concur ....just bought it and slapped it onto some drums...absolutely SICK !!!!
yeah its really nice. much prefer it over any plugin compressors I have...the Slate VBC comes close but the transient shaping not as soft/punch and the high end not so open.

I just purchased the Cupwise 660 and that is great also. Not to mention Tim P Complex compressor - which really spanks...
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

One thing I have noticed about neb comps is the controls behave in a very different way to their plugin counterparts... you do have to find the sweet spots on them(and sweet they are) i have been A/b'ing them with several ITB comps today and they do stand up 100%....but, there range seems to be more limited to me, to me it seems easier to get them to collapse when pushed to the extreme,but driven right the grab/punch is slaying the competition
YMMV !
Old 12th July 2014
Quote:
One thing I have noticed about neb comps is the controls behave in a very different way to their plugin counterparts... you do have to find the sweet spots on them(and sweet they are) i have been A/b'ing them with several ITB comps today and they do stand up 100%....but, there range seems to be more limited to me, to me it seems easier to get them to collapse when pushed to the extreme,but driven right the grab/punch is slaying the competition
YMMV !
that used to be the case but I find the newer Nebula compressors to be pretty functional just as you would expect. The most extreme usage sometimes can be a bit rough because of the sample based nature of the programs but I find within reasonable limits - ie normal usage - they work now as you would hope for and expect...and have a different feel to typical plugin compressors in the way they shape the audio...
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
that used to be the case but I find the newer Nebula compressors to be pretty functional just as you would expect. The most extreme usage sometimes can be a bit rough because of the sample based nature of the programs but I find within reasonable limits - ie normal usage - they work now as you would hope for and expect...and have a different feel to typical plugin compressors in the way they shape the audio...
I'm very new to them so perhaps my experiences are similar to your 1st encounters with them ? I'd agree that used to extreme they break up and are unusable..and yes they feel very different to your typical plugin comp...in a good way (I think)... neb comps have a very desirable flavour ..looking 4ward to getting to know these beasts
Old 12th July 2014
upcoming 3 band Blue EQ - Analog In The Box back in the game.

Old 13th July 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
upcoming 3 band Blue EQ - Analog In The Box back in the game.

DUDE!

Curve Bender....
Old 13th July 2014
Gear Nut

Now that AITB preset is very nice!!!
Old 13th July 2014
Lives for gear

I dunno aitb those knobs could mean trouble
Old 14th July 2014
Gear Head

Curve Bender is not three band eq..
Old 14th July 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonJack View Post
Curve Bender is not three band eq..
Good job. Here's a flower

Either they combined the two presence bands, or perhaps it's from the LTD channel strip.
Old 14th July 2014
Tone Control

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search