The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nebula must have
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Which N4 compressor to get for Hip Hop Drum Bus folks?
Cupwise Lunchpail
Timp L-Bus
or?

Last edited by mididim; 5 days ago at 03:32 AM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
So many choices!

For a start you could also look at either of the Tim’s 160s or TimP’ complex. That one has a slow attack so lets drums really punch.

Tim P Opto in 3A mode is good too.

Dont forget chaining. Love lunchpail for that.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
So many choices!
For a start you could also look at either of the Tim’s 160s or TimP’ complex. That one has a slow attack so lets drums really punch.

Tim P Opto in 3A mode is good too.

Dont forget chaining. Love lunchpail for that.
Place i`m mixing in have almost all of them, except of updated Lunchpail.
and i`m working in 48Khz. Thinking is there a big difference between program loaded in 96Khz and down sampled in N4 to 48 and native 48Khz programm?
Should it sound better?

Liked Timp 160 and Lunchpail the most
Lunchpail been more aggressive and focused.
But high passed low end was better with 160 and little bit of dry signal mixed in.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Just a heads up. I've finished tube mid range eq. Should be the last Update for harmonics. You know gets rid spikes...Sorry it took so long, I started those updates back in 2016. Took a little while as i was working on other stuff.

http://forum.acustica-audio.com/view...132503#p132503

Also, I have a little thing i'm working along side the updates, I figured you guys might want something new. The concept is a eq with a difference. It's a enhancer but produced in a way i'm not sure has ever been done before, I'm pretty sure it's never been done in any tech before (but I guess we will find out on release). I'll keep it cheap as possible, so kinda exciting...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mididim View Post
Which N4 compressor to get for Hip Hop Drum Bus folks?
Cupwise Lunchpail
Timp L-Bus
or?
I can’t get OPTO 3A off my drum buss . . . been trying for years. F?<%#R won’t budge. U76 there too.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
N4 update from the AA site: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/changes

February 10, 2020

N4
Core update: N4 R012 (legacy and troubleshooting) and R014 (standard) released.

DETAILS
UPDATED N4, using latest release of the engine 1.4.327, the version N4 .014 and the framework E
it fixes several bugs and a very strange crash bug:

Fixes:
- Dynamic rate conversion disabled on N4 and Aquarius setup for libraries (update repository is mandatory).- Fixed frozen parameters on automation.
- Fixed denormal issues added on Xcode10.
- Fixed strange folders with "\ etc." create on macOS.
- Fixed N4 crashing when an important folder is not present.
- Fixed generic crashes linked to uninitialized structures.
- Partially fixed meters (direct metering is still not enabled for N4).
- damaged engine folders (caused by aquarius), this fix is only in version R013
- also this version fixes denormals in a better way

About the releases:
R012 is based on old N4 wrapper 1.1.013
R013 is based on new N4 wrapper 1.1.014

They are both based on engine 1.4.327, but LEGACY engines are not supported (in acqua plugin we can set LEGACY mode and enable old engines). Maybe we'll release something for legacy engines too (compiled on old xcode compilers).
Note: the engine is signed (so Catalina ready), but N4 is still not signed (it will be signed soon). We are waiting for an update soon, so the release candidate will be R014

Also LEGACY engines can't be signed, they will never be Catalina-ready. So much better if we make version R013/R014 working everywhere, because it could work on Catalina.
I have been using Nebula for years and I don't a have clue what most of this means. What is "denormalized"? What does "legacy engines not supported" mean in this context?
Is this a mandatory update? What happens if we don't update?
They need to communicate this stuff in plain language.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Can anyone tell me what the Tim p 60a comp is based on please ? want to read manual - thanky panky kanky cheers me dears
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
Can anyone tell me what the Tim p 60a comp is based on please ? want to read manual - thanky panky kanky cheers me dears
Looks and sounds like a dbx160a to me.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
DBX 160A according to the Nebula Bible V2
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Bit weird, but when boosting 25k on AlexB's new 432 GE (the 48k expansion pack), it seems to actually roll off the highs until cranked up to around +5. The first pic is at +3, the second at +5... Does anyone else have this 48k pack to test and confirm?
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-3.jpg   Nebula must have-5.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Bit weird, but when boosting 25k on AlexB's new 432 GE (the 48k expansion pack), it seems to actually roll off the highs until cranked up to around +5. The first pic is at +3, the second at +5... Does anyone else have this 48k pack to test and confirm?
Yes, same here.
It`s working as it should till 18-20khz. just don`t go higher.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mididim View Post
Yes, same here.
It`s working as it should till 18-20khz. just don`t go higher.
Thanks, good to know it's not just me. Guess I'll email Alex.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Ok so Alex said,

"I have seen it sometime due to nebula internal interpolation.
Other strange thing I see in your pic is the ripple in the high frequency. Are you sure to have setup the Nebula as described in the program manual ?
It seems that you have loaded a 96 preset with Nebula working at 48, it seems the product of internal SRC in Nebula.

I have check now and I haven't this ripple in mine...

I use these settings in my Nebula
" (I attached the screen shot below)

Going to go compare settings now. I only have the 48kHz vectors and programs in my nebula4repository folder, so I'm not sure why it looks like I've loaded a 96kHz preset in my 48kHz session
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-alexb_n4.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok so Alex said,

"I have seen it sometime due to nebula internal interpolation.
Other strange thing I see in your pic is the ripple in the high frequency. Are you sure to have setup the Nebula as described in the program manual ?
It seems that you have loaded a 96 preset with Nebula working at 48, it seems the product of internal SRC in Nebula.

I have check now and I haven't this ripple in mine...

I use these settings in my Nebula
" (I attached the screen shot below)

Going to go compare settings now. I only have the 48kHz vectors and programs in my nebula4repository folder, so I'm not sure why it looks like I've loaded a 96kHz preset in my 48kHz session
I only now have the 44.1 Presets installed ... and that is what I checked for you.

also .... the is no ripple [like I see in your post].

Definitely double check your settings ....
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yes, it's a bug. And the ripple due to different samplerates between nebula and PD settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-48.jpg   Nebula must have-96.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
Just a heads up. I've finished tube mid range eq. Should be the last Update for harmonics. You know gets rid spikes...Sorry it took so long, I started those updates back in 2016. Took a little while as i was working on other stuff.

http://forum.acustica-audio.com/view...132503#p132503

Also, I have a little thing i'm working along side the updates, I figured you guys might want something new. The concept is a eq with a difference. It's a enhancer but produced in a way i'm not sure has ever been done before, I'm pretty sure it's never been done in any tech before (but I guess we will find out on release). I'll keep it cheap as possible, so kinda exciting...
The Mid Range Eq sounds great! Can't wait to hear more about your new Enhancer Eq
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
By the way, awesome job on that Gold edition SP79 manual
Thanks man, i hope all is well with you!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

I've been playing with my toys again, trying to learn and also have a quick reference. This time it's the freqs of Tim P's T-Tape at 15 ips. Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TIM-P- T-TAPE.pdf (543.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
I've been playing with my toys again, trying to learn and also have a quick reference. This time it's the freqs of Tim P's T-Tape at 15 ips. Enjoy.
Very cool. Thanks!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search