The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand View Post
Hey rich!

Yeah I did check because that's where the developer told me to check. When I said to AA that my license was not showing up, they told me it shouldn't be there and it should come from the developer.

This is after going back and forth for a week at the rate of one message per day from AA asking me if I paid, which email I used, etc... All that just to finish by telling me it shouldn't be there. GRRrrrrr

It's Alexb MFC all over for me.
So sorry. It bums me out to see this kind of stuff, Nebula (and AA in general, actually) has been mostly smooth sailing for me for over 3 years now. I will try to use my "inside contacts" to get an answer for you.
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

You're the man! Thanks!
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpchartrand View Post
You're the man! Thanks!
I emailed Zab (dev for neb setups) and he responded on the AA forum. He says that he emailed you the license back on 2-28, check your spam folder.

HERE
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
That's what I used to think… before Cubase, Logic, Protools (etc) all got cracked. But, to each their own opinion.

BTW, I think the folks at Target may disagree with you
Target Hacked: Retailer Confirms 'Unauthorized Access' Of Credit Card Data
I would bet the millions who haven't been hacked would agree with me... especially those huge financial corporations who to this day transfer more money than most of us could even imagine, day in day out, and haven't been hacked out of a dime.

I still don't think iLok2's been hacked.
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
I would bet the millions who haven't been hacked would agree with me... especially those huge financial corporations who to this day transfer more money than most of us could even imagine, day in day out, and haven't been hacked out of a dime.

I still don't think iLok2's been hacked.
Hahaha… just because something hasn't happened YET doesn't mean that it would never happen… just saying. The history is definitely there - either you accept it or you don't…
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

Oh yeah, BTW, those of you making ambient/chillout/orchestral/cinematic stuff, the MFC Cine Buss preset is like made for that. It won't make your music magically sound good, but with full TIMED kernels it will sound punchier, wider (with the slight analog widening on this preset) and a bit more in-your-face and alive. Bye bye crappy widening plugins on the master buss.

Highly recommended. I wonder if the 88RS EQ's could actually be better than the 5033..
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

I'm still experimenting with this 'Cine Buss' preset ... well, in fact, all the presets of this MFC library. That includes TIMED mods.

I do like this console. I also purchased all AlexB's other console [among others] ... They each add their subtle, yet definable, signature

I hear the MFC EQ is underway. I'm not buying any more EQ's .....

.... well, except for this one.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

I wish alex B would sample the following

- klangfilm tube desk with tube eq
- telefunken tube desk with eckmiller eqs
- neve 105x channel strips

Recording studios:
- nebula could bring a sony 777 to its knees with just one release

Microphones: early neumann bottles, u47 p bottles and large badges, neumann km xx nickel capsule series

Man theres so much cool stuff out there to be nebulized and youre talking about boring stuff like hacking
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

No mention of the Trinity EQ in this forum yet? I bought it and am more than pleased.
Old 24th March 2014
long time Nebula user here.... very tempted by the Trinity but I would like to know if Nebula 4 will be able to do the same just without the GUI
p
Old 24th March 2014

Last edited by PaulRain; 24th March 2014 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Is there an ETA on when Nebula 4 will be available? Thinking of copping Nebula 3, but may wait until N4 drops.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes_F View Post
No mention of the Trinity EQ in this forum yet?
Trinity is for Windows only
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
It's awesome and will be available to Mac users sometime.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Is there an ETA on when Nebula 4 will be available? Thinking of copping Nebula 3, but may wait until N4 drops.
go to this page and get the free stuff in the meantime, it's dope.

Free Saturation VST Plugins! - Bedroom Producers Blog

read the whole page, there's links to nebula3 free from acustica's website and 3 links to free presets.
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Is this supposed to be an SSL? (with a few limitations it seems)
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Is there an ETA on when Nebula 4 will be available?
This is pretty much all we have:

• View topic - Features of Nebula 3.x and 4.0

I remember reading something earlier that it's supposed to be out Q4 this year.. but these are just rumors. I guess they don't want to give an ETA since it's unclear how long the tweaking, beta testing and bug fixing will take.

Needless to say how much I'm anticipating this.. I seriously hope they'll deliver, this is the biggest release in their history (since the amount of customers has probably multiplied since the release of Neb 3 Pro).

How nice would it be to not have to use 5 instance of Nebula for one EQ..
Old 25th March 2014
yes. Trinity and Silk EQ as aqua plugins for me are a game changer - and I mean a real game changer. They actually sound GOOD - and are easy and fun to use.

I suspect Nebula 4 - we will be able to make our own multi instance EQ or whatever - in one interface. It apparently will be like a rack.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
yes. Trinity and Silk EQ as aqua plugins for me are a game changer - and I mean a real game changer. They actually sound GOOD - and are easy and fun to use.

I suspect Nebula 4 - we will be able to make our own multi instance EQ or whatever - in one interface. It apparently will be like a rack.
That's nice to hear, although I'm still sticking to my regular 5033 because I want that sound..

I don't know if that rack thing was joke or not.. and if it's true, I certainly hope that the "one instance EQ" isn't just the bands separately distributed on the rack.

BTW, I just threw in the good ol' Variety Of Sound Ferric on master with some compression and tape saturation (both at 12 o'clock) and decided to follow AlexB's advice and insert the MFC "punch & air" as the LAST plugin on the master, just for the hell of it...

My. God. I wish I figured out this earlier.
Old 25th March 2014
well - I think it will have a configurable interface where you can get rid of the complexity...I hope it has assignable macros or something so you can crate a preset eq Mammoth Highs, MWQ mids and API Lows etc - with only relevant controls visible...
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:

Swan, you see any CPU savings with Trinity versus loading up, say, 6 AlexB SSL plugins?

That Silk is already a two program set, so the Nebula workflow is not bad (I'm on Mac so no Aqua for me yet).
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
well - I think it will have a configurable interface where you can get rid of the complexity...I hope it has assignable macros or something so you can crate a preset eq Mammoth Highs, MWQ mids and API Lows etc - with only relevant controls visible...
If they don't ... contact me SWAN ... This is exactly the idea I'm looking at for 'special' NVC controllers.
Old 25th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReckNC00 View Post
Swan, you see any CPU savings with Trinity versus loading up, say, 6 AlexB SSL plugins?

That Silk is already a two program set, so the Nebula workflow is not bad (I'm on Mac so no Aqua for me yet).
I havent done any CPU comparisons only that Trinity seems very low in CPU. Also it uses shared RAM for multiple instances - which would only happen if you use Nebula server with 6 Alex B SSL instances.

Having an Aqua GUI - with it all there - makes a huge difference in workflow. Its simply much more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
If they don't ... contact me SWAN ... This is exactly the idea I'm looking at for 'special' NVC controllers.
Hello RJ Ive done that already-we spoke before on AA forum! But I am on a Mac...slight problem...but I did see your clever Metaplugin work - very nice...
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

if this helps, 10 SILKs loaded on my 3930K about 9 to may be 11% CPU.

To add: load times for 10 instances is about 27 seconds.

Last edited by Taurean; 25th March 2014 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: corrected, added load times
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

My WILD guess is that the CPU-friendly aqua plugins are basically just the saturation from the unit (FREQD? I have no idea if how Aqua handles this stuff) and then all the curves in clean mode. In that way, you can certainly create really light setups (<- I'm hitting around 2-3% CPU on i5 2500K) with Nebula.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello RJ Ive done that already-we spoke before on AA forum! But I am on a Mac...slight problem...but I did see your clever Metaplugin work - very nice...
I do remember that 'slight problem' ...

nonetheless ... I'd be interested in hearing of your 'ideal' eq components, should you care to.

The 'Mastering Suite' from CDS is based on 'preferred' tools to address specific parts of the spectrum.

It's interesting [and educational] to hear other experienced engineers describe
their preference and insights.
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
if this helps, 10 SILKs loaded on my 3930K about 9 to may be 11% CPU.

To add: load times for 10 instances is about 27 seconds.
That's freakin' fantastic. I have a %&*$show Core2Duo, but doing some rough math it appears like there's far more efficiency with Aqua.

Where Nebby 4 at?
Old 31st March 2014
Lives for gear

BTW, I've been getting the best results, separation and smack out of TDC by placing the individual drum programs on each part of the kit.. and then just dropping a tape on drum buss, no compressor. It's a bit more hassle but the results speak for themselves.

Those who are unaware of this thread.. -> &bull; View topic - Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Not much info there apart from the timetables and a few new features and improvements 'tho.. yet.
Old 31st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReckNC00 View Post
That's freakin' fantastic. I have a %&*$show Core2Duo, but doing some rough math it appears like there's far more efficiency with Aqua.

Where Nebby 4 at?
Just to be clear, that 27 seconds is with all bands on. With fresh instances (all bands off) it takes about 10 - 12 seconds to load 10 instances.

As far as efficiency goes, the bedrock of CPU usage and loading times is definitely Nebula. Aqua is more about convenience in GUI and having most parameters in one interface. That's why Nebula is also heavily focused on in beta.
Old 31st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
BTW, I've been getting the best results, separation and smack out of TDC by placing the individual drum programs on each part of the kit.. and then just dropping a tape on drum buss, no compressor. It's a bit more hassle but the results speak for themselves.

Those who are unaware of this thread.. -> &bull; View topic - Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Not much info there apart from the timetables and a few new features and improvements 'tho.. yet.
Cheers.

So looks like the target release date in November 2014. Still a little while to go yet.

I suspect it'll be pushed back at least once, so in my mind I'm anticipating Q1 2015. I could be wrong of course.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search