The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Nebula must have
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post
Also...many years ago I had the good fortune to own and use a much loved 70's Quad Eight Pacifica console. I only had the console for a relatively short time but still managed to complete 2 album length recording/mixing projects and my oh my did that desk sound good....the eq's and line/mic preamps were spectacular...huge, full sounding console...

I sure would love to see one of the Acustica/Nebula developers get ahold of and tackle an emulation of that extremely under appreciated desk...

Thanks,
LC
https://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-s...ine/Q8neb.html
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
No, it's not possible now to purchase N3 straight from AA. I think the only way to get it is secondhand now. You could keep an eye out in the gearslutz classifieds, but I've personally never seen N3 pop up there ....
Sold my N3 which was advertised on gearslutz last week. I know that doesn’t help OP but just to say they are out there and probably more on KVR
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by borlandsamuel.re View Post
Well what do ya know....!!!

I was just looking under the consoles list....

I'll have to check this one out...

Thanks much...!!

LC
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if the D.A.V. Electronics preamp (BG1-2) has been sampled for Nebula?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Does anyone know if the D.A.V. Electronics preamp (BG1-2) has been sampled for Nebula?
They are quite clean and not well known. I'm not sure anybody would be interested.

Tony
Ps. I have 6 channels of the DAV pres
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Like Tony said, DAV pres are very clean. Not really a lot of charachter there, just very neutral, clean pres......also, not really much of a Decca heritage to be honest and not indicative of the gear used in Decca's studio in the glory years. If you open them up, its a very uncluttered signal path electronically, not a lot in there.......Not saying they're bad pres by any means, they are very nice pres, but just very clean, and what you put in is what you get out kind of thing. Perhaps not the most desirable preamps to port over to Nebula.

Have to repeat here tho', not dissing the DAV's, they are great clean preamps if you just want a good, straightforward representation of your microphone from the source
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambony View Post
They are quite clean and not well known. I'm not sure anybody would be interested.

Tony
Ps. I have 6 channels of the DAV pres
I own the the BG1-U and the BG1 portability and they are great pieces of kit. The only Nebula offering I have seen is in Henry Olanga's AYCE. It is the BeGe1 under PREAMP(PRE). The difference between the #1 and the #2 . The #2 is a 4 channel unit and the BG1/BG1-U(rack mount) have 2 channel's.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:

Thanks much...!!

LC
Just listened to it - nice sound, although all programms with low cut slope.
I don’t know if it was so in the original.

I surprisingly really liked the old console Sphere Eclipse.
Just listen a few tracks and with output gain compensation by lufs its sounds very pleasantly. Especially Globe Main Outs (GLM)
https://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-s.../globeneb.html

The original console that has inspired this collection was built in the late 1970's and was fully restored in our new
Millennium. It is based upon a beautiful sounding op-amp performing at +/-24v. The eq is a complete passive inductor design.

This console is known in small circles as one of the
most pleasant sounding hardware designs in the history of recording. It provides a very rich, quick, warm, and punchy response with an extended
high end frequency response that sweetens the sound of everything that runs through it.

This effect is very subtle if only recording from the console
direct to digital from a single channel, but when running through the entire console with multiple channels, the final result
is elegant and very unique.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;
Just listened to it - nice sound, although all programms with low cut slope.
I don’t know if it was so in the original.
The low cut slopes vary by program...here's the graphs for the individual programs:

https://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-s...eb-graphs.html

I listened to the demo and even in cut down demo form, the sound of the pres, selected eq points, and boosts/cuts were eerily familiar...in a good way...!!

So...I purchased and downloaded...really looking forward to trying these out...

Thanks,
LC

Last edited by lclyman; 1 week ago at 03:02 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks much...!!

LC
One of my favs. Along with The Globe!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Anyone know what TimP's Blue Mu is based on? Rumour is it will get an update soon. That could be very nice ....

Edit: Kind of looks like a CL1 B but I'm not sure.

Last edited by rosewood123; 1 week ago at 11:40 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Anyone know what TimP's Blue Mu is based on? Rumour is it will get an update soon. That could be very nice ....

Edit: Kind of looks like a CL1 B but I'm not sure.
According to the Nebula bible:
https://maiv.bandcamp.com/track/nebula-bible
it is a Tube Tech LCA 2B
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
According to the Nebula bible:
https://maiv.bandcamp.com/track/nebula-bible
it is a Tube Tech LCA 2B
Oh yeah, I forgot all about the Nebula bible! Great pdf. I had a copy on my old laptop.

Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Has anyone used the CDSoundmaster Mastering Suite? Doesn’t look like there’s a demo and it seems like quite a varied assortment of eq programs. Basically no posts on the forum about it either (or at least none that I could find)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbeats View Post
Has anyone used the CDSoundmaster Mastering Suite? Doesn’t look like there’s a demo and it seems like quite a varied assortment of eq programs. Basically no posts on the forum about it either (or at least none that I could find)
One of the early purchases I made [using NEBULA-3] was the Mastering Suite from CDS.

It is a very unique Library, and there are plenty of quality Presets in there. As I recall, the design concept was made from a variety of Units ... each chosen for their strengths.

Due to this design, there was more of a learning curve since each Preset has a specific assignment ... not a simple EQ layout. I spent time viewing response curves in the, then available, VSTAnalyzer.

All CDS libraries are very high quality. If I criticized, it would be of the shear number of Presets. It is a lot to keep track of, but worth the effort due to quality.

To that, I slowly moved to other Libraries [particularly AlexB], which to me, represent the better Preset concept. Smaller number of Preset ... easier for me to work with [yes ... I am a simple man]

None of this dissuades from the unique concept of combining an EQ selection that features a variety of Units that focus on what THAT unit does best.

Now, I've not used this Library since the release of N4, which required a new, separate REPOSITORY. After all this time, I'm still migrating N3 over to N4.
There has been just so many new Libraries and Acqua to beta-test and use ... I have a collection of golden tools in waiting. It's kinda sad ... but when time allows, I bring over these past GEMS, and am reminded WHY I made the move to base my audio work on Nebula/N4 and Acqua.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
It is a very unique Library, and there are plenty of quality Presets in there. As I recall, the design concept was made from a variety of Units ... each chosen for their strengths.
Thanks! It does seem like a really interesting selection of presets, and since each one is intended for a specific task it might be educational for someone like me who is interested in learning more about mastering. Would be kind of interesting to know which gear was sampled for each preset, though, just out of curiosity. I'll have to double-check that it's compatible with N4!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks! It does seem like a really interesting selection of presets, and since each one is intended for a specific task it might be educational for someone like me who is interested in learning more about mastering. Would be kind of interesting to know which gear was sampled for each preset, though, just out of curiosity. I'll have to double-check that it's compatible with N4!
I'm quite sure it's N4 compatible. Key to remember that it is native at 44.1k.

On the Product page, be sure to click on the MANUAL link. It is a very informative doc ... not only on the Library, but to Mastering and EQ'ing.

I concur on the 'Educational' focus.

Glad you brought this Mastering Suite forward. Time for me to get this into my N4 Repository.

thanks

---- EDIT ---

OK ... just installed CDS Mastering Suite for N4.

As expected ... runs fine in N4.

There is a slight issue with the Install app if using N4's ALTERNATIVE Paths within the N4repository ... but it is a simple solution.

When running the MS install app, I just changed the install directory to a Temp Folder. In that, it'll create the Program and Vector folders, and place files in each.

With that done, I just hand copied them into my Nebula4TempRepository / AlternativeDataPath.

Last edited by RJHollins; 1 week ago at 08:30 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Don't know the mastering suite, but just to add - Michael is extremely kind and helpful, if you encounter any difficulties you can be sure he'll help you out!
Old 6 days ago
O sweet Heaven thank you for reminding me of CDS...

Made me pull up his Ampex and R2R collections with Tape Booster and VTM-M2. Mmhh. After a while got curious and compared IK 80 and 440 with CDS R2R Studer 800 and Apex 440B: if i say on the IK tape thread what i heard (also without Booster and VTM M2) they will tar and feather me good and proper.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

What's the best 1176 comp in nebula land?

Thx in advance!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
What's the best 1176 comp in nebula land?

Thx in advance!
timp is the only one i have. it's great.

there is also one you can use on mixanalog that I recommend checking out.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker satchmo View Post
O sweet Heaven thank you for reminding me of CDS...

Made me pull up his Ampex and R2R collections with Tape Booster and VTM-M2. Mmhh. After a while got curious and compared IK 80 and 440 with CDS R2R Studer 800 and Apex 440B: if i say on the IK tape thread what i heard (also without Booster and VTM M2) they will tar and feather me good and proper.
Hmmm interesting, was just about to get in on the IK group buy to get the tapes but might revisit R2R tapes and test against demo. I have Taupe but @ Bose made a great case for IK tapes
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Hmmm interesting, was just about to get in on the IK group buy to get the tapes but might revisit R2R tapes and test against demo. I have Taupe but @ Bose made a great case for IK tapes
Hey if it's an easy thing to transfer IK licences and you tell me what to do you can have mine for free, no debating tastes and i'm sure they're fun on a million things.

If you like you can PM me the logistics. Do give CDS Apex collection/tape booster a try though if possible... going offline now but will check tomorrow. Roger over and buenas noches!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker satchmo View Post
Hey if it's an easy thing to transfer IK licences and you tell me what to do you can have mine for free, no debating tastes and i'm sure they're fun on a million things.

If you like you can PM me the logistics. Do give CDS Apex collection/tape booster a try though if possible... going offline now but will check tomorrow. Roger over and buenas noches!
Wow that's really generous, will look into it and PM you shortly
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
Has anyone who has both Pink3 & Alex B's A5A & A5B eq's would be able to give your thoughts on which you "like" better (in terms of sound)?
I do have Pink3 and saw that Alex B has A*I eq's as well, so I was just wondering if there's any Big difference in sound..
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Has anyone who has both Pink3 & Alex B's A5A & A5B eq's would be able to give your thoughts on which you "like" better (in terms of sound)?
I do have Pink3 and saw that Alex B has A*I eq's as well, so I was just wondering if there's any Big difference in sound..
I can only speak for the A5M (the mastering version). But it’s definitely a step above pink in realism, weight, and depth. Not that Pink is bad by any means, but I’m guessing the same would hold true for the A5A and A5B
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
I can only speak for the A5M (the mastering version). But it’s definitely a step above pink in realism, weight, and depth. Not that Pink is bad by any means, but I’m guessing the same would hold true for the A5A and A5B
THanks for your response... That's what i kinda figured......

Since recently getting into Nebula, i find myself slightly moving away from my Aqua plugins to their Nebula equivalents.... Which are STILL GOOD (the Aqua's that is) but i'm finding a slight level above with my Nebula counterparts so far.

Still enjoying the best of Both worlds though.
Now i have to get the API collection from Alex B
and JPN SKins has some nice skins for them
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Any news about the updates for L-Bus and U76? Can't wait to get my hands on those
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplay View Post
Any news about the updates for L-Bus and U76? Can't wait to get my hands on those
+1 TimP said 1 month ago or so it was in process with l-bus although it was not a priority, I am impatient!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search