The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRain View Post
but.... what happens everytime a new version on Nebula is released? does this "Nebula Setups" updates the several "copies" itself?
Indeed , that's the question I wanted to know. Years ago I manually made different nebula versions for a bunch of things , then when an update came I realised I'd have to remake everyone again.

MC
Old 5th February 2014
sorry, my english is not so good... when you say:
"Indeed , that's the question I wanted to know"
do you mean yes it does updates itself or it's a question you would like to be answered as well?
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear

Paolo,

LOl, just an expression in this case.

I was asking the same question as you as I'd like to know the answer as well

MC
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Paolo,

LOl, just an expression in this case.

I was asking the same question as you as I'd like to know the answer as well

MC
The paid version of Nebula Setups has functions to very quickly update ALL of the dll's (and xml's if you want) when there is a Nebula update. Nebula Setups is awesome.
Old 6th February 2014
ok thanks...
anyway, you know that sound does not travel to cosmic space
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Head

Slightly off topic, can someone tell me how to use the comp with sidechain like from alexb in cubase ? I mean with vst3 plugins it is easy as u simply route a send to the sidechain of the vst3 plug in but how does it work for nebula ?[/QUOTE]

sorry if you had an answer but i didn't notice one so I'll try and help from memory and probably get a few things not quite right. https://static.gearslutz.com/board/im...lies/smash.gif

so soundgeezer are you ready https://static.gearslutz.com/board/im...s/sleeping.gif

For Cubase you need to have the side chain compressor on a quad track, I put it on a quad group and route audio to the group like normal, then go to the "connections" dialogue and enable the child option on the group channel. you should get options for stereo and two more one for left and one for right, use the stereo (not sure what it says but easy to get the hang of it in a minute or two)

Next send your kick or whatever you what to control the side-chain with, by sending it from the fx send, the child option should now show up in the send options.
Hope this helps https://static.gearslutz.com/board/im...lies/smile.gif
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
oooh I just joined Tomting and saw the 4 band Trinity EQ...I wonder how much latency, CPU and RAM these programs will use...
Could anyone shed some lights on that new Trinity EQ ? I just saw the rendering on Facebook (can't join Tomting), I'm pretty intrigued to say the least ! And there isn't much infos out yet.

Anyway, really looking forward testing all those Acqua plugins (this EQ and NeoConsole especially)... but being an OS X user I guess I have to wait. Any more precise ETA than Q1 2014 maybe ?

Cheers !
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear

Finally got my RS88 authorized.. man, this is IT! I didn't really expect it to be so punchy.. gotta also love the low end saturation and the smooth highs. The "Cine" preset is god given for the stuff I do.

Yeah, it truly is the "ultimate" console.
Old 8th February 2014
Im still not convinced by Nebula consoles. Once you adjust the levels in the audio demos of Neotek - its very subtle...just a 'slightly' smoother signal to my ears...
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRain View Post
ok thanks...
anyway, you know that sound does not travel to cosmic space
Who said sound travels there, I said it is the glue. Ha ha.
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Head

Im still not convinced by Nebula consoles. Once you adjust the levels in the audio demos of Neotek - its very subtle...just a 'slightly' smoother signal to my ears...

I thought i was just demoing the GUI, its so subtle. the same way nebula is when its not loaded a preset but still does something that is just about noticable

-------------------------------
p.s forgive my lack of site nous
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoundsman View Post

I thought i was just demoing the GUI, its so subtle. the same way nebula is when its not loaded a preset but still does something that is just about noticable

-------------------------------
p.s forgive my lack of site nous
I can not listen through your ears, but I do use Nebula quite a bit and love it. If you are demoing a single console buss, for instance, what do you expect? If you were to run a single track from your ITB DAW through a single channel of a console, the difference will be just as subtle. Nebula is not about making dramatic affect on your audio in one instance, it emulates the signal chain of whatever hardware was sampled for the preset. Nebula shine when, like in analog audio, the audio signal has "run through" many complex signal chains, not just through one preset (or "channel"). The subtle effect you are experiencing is accurate, try it on a piece of analog gear.
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Head

Just meant the Neo demo that was mentioned
the consoles kick ass, i love the CLASSIC LOGIC especially
It's sweet
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Just meant the Neo demo that was mentioned
the consoles kick ass, i love the CLASSIC LOGIC especially
It's sweet
Alex just released a new one that is particularly good. It's called The Modern Flagship Console, (AMS 88RS), and he is planning to release the eq for this soon. I thought that I was all set for consoles until now.......
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
Alex just released a new one that is particularly good. It's called The Modern Flagship Console, (AMS 88RS), and he is planning to release the eq for this soon. I thought that I was all set for consoles until now.......
I'm saving up for that, could really do with a modern sounding one to complete my collection and it sounds killer with all the pre eqed busses ready to speed work flow up
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
I'm saving up for that, could really do with a modern sounding one to complete my collection and it sounds killer with all the pre eqed busses ready to speed work flow up
Indeed! It's an awesome library for sure.
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Well, looks like I'm about to close a deal on a used Nebula license with 8 GB of commercial libraries. I think that means the Acqua Plugins Commercial Series, not sure.

I plan to start with the Cupwise Rayphlex, Slick9K, Creamy 660 and Gemini 2500 for compressors. That 88R console sounds like a good one, must check that out too. What EQs should I get first?
Old 9th February 2014
the Cupwise stuff is all great

look for Tim Patherick programs also...great stuff

EQ wise I like the way Alex B makes his programs - simple and straightforward...but CDSoundmaster has some great stuff also...incidentally - CDSoundmaster does some of the best saturation programs - tape and Tube...I really would like to get the Apex Library actually...
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
I plan to start with the Cupwise Rayphlex, Slick9K, Creamy 660 and Gemini 2500 for compressors. That 88R console sounds like a good one, must check that out too. What EQs should I get first?
I personally like the 5033 from AlexB the best, the elegance and width is something else. If you want an "ultimate" tube EQ, get Mammoth from AITB (although sadly only available in 44.1k).

EDIT: Apparently the Bricasti is still in the make, just not a priority so keep your pants on..
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
the Cupwise stuff is all great

look for Tim Patherick programs also...great stuff

EQ wise I like the way Alex B makes his programs - simple and straightforward...but CDSoundmaster has some great stuff also...incidentally - CDSoundmaster does some of the best saturation programs - tape and Tube...I really would like to get the Apex Library actually...
I searched, Google found. It's Tim Petherick, with an "e". He's got 48 kHz and 88.2 kHz too. The Neve stereo filters one looks cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
I personally like the 5033 from AlexB the best, the elegance and width is something else. If you want an "ultimate" tube EQ, get Mammoth from AITB (although sadly only available in 44.1k).

EDIT: Apparently the Bricasti is still in the make, just not a priority so keep your pants on..
I'll check out that 5033 for sure, sounds like it would be great for jazz and cleaner stuff. For rap/hip hop, I might try the Alex B Classic Logic/4K console and EQ. So I gather, the Alex B compressors aren't quite as good as the newer Cupwise/Gemini ones?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Cupwise compressors are the best in Nebula land.
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
So I gather, the Alex B compressors aren't quite as good as the newer Cupwise/Gemini ones?
Cupwise compressors are the best in Nebula land. They are so good I've given up all other algo comps at this point but YMMV.
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Cupwise compressors are the best in Nebula land. They are so good I've given up all other algo comps at this point but YMMV.
Yep, they're great! Also, using algo comps (like the IK/UA/Waves stuff) feeding into the Henry Olonga Mojo series presets is pretty tasty. Kinda' the best of both worlds…
Old 9th February 2014
its worth noting that Henry Olonga is doing a deal where you can get ALL of his programs for £40 - which is pretty insane to be honest...I think a little more for 96k...
Old 10th February 2014
Lives for gear

It's the best buy in pro audio! He has so many great presets in there, it hurts my head.... in a good way, lol.
Old 10th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
its worth noting that Henry Olonga is doing a deal where you can get ALL of his programs for £40 - which is pretty insane to be honest...I think a little more for 96k...
At 96kHz it's a 26GB download though. I pay for bandwidth after a certain amount each month, so I'll have to get the usb stick version.
Old 10th February 2014
Lives for gear

I've been slowly adding libraries and they are incredible. I might jump on that Henry Olga deal.
I can't wait till we can add multiple bands and or instances - the interactions of those will Bring out their own sounds... It's taken ages but nebulas time has come -
Hate to be a gossip but what was that I heard that slate invested a whole bunch of money into acoustica? I know there was an investor but given their past, um , ah , relationship(?) it would be interesting to say the least
Old 10th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
Hate to be a gossip but what was that I heard that slate invested a whole bunch of money into acoustica? I know there was an investor but given their past, um , ah , relationship(?) it would be interesting to say the least
Where'd you hear that?
Old 10th February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Where'd you hear that?
yeah I cant quite see it...
Old 10th February 2014
Lives for gear

Maybe I'll delete those comments. I read in this site that slate had invested heavily in acoustica - I can't remember which thread but it would make perfect sense to me. I have a feeling that slate has been using nebula for some time - they went from one programmer fabrice who had previously done a pretty good eq - into this slate emulation powerhouse pretty damn quick - then there where those Alex b programs that had a particular frequency snapshot and fabrice bought a copy from Alex b so that's actually confirmed.
Now nebula is going all professional and slate have this "framework" that is now the foundation for all their plugs.
All makes sense - slate could then (or probably has) used the nebula technique freely.
I really don't want this to turn into a slate/acoustica thread and I'll delete my comment if that's what happens

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search