The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Nebula must have
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
When this compressor is engaged I can hear a bit of a ringing when the base drum hits. Is that an artifact? (in the YT video)
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted ae681af
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
When this compressor is engaged I can hear a bit of a ringing when the base drum hits. Is that an artifact? (in the YT video)

lol jk sounds dope from my phone. Thinking about updating focus comp to v3. Only $10. Who’s tried it?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post

lol jk sounds dope from my phone. Thinking about updating focus comp to v3. Only $10. Who’s tried it?
It's at 1:56
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted ae681af
Quote:
It's at 1:56
the over light is on...could just be too loud. from my phone it sounds like maybe a low-level part of the beat that the comp is bringing out. idk.
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted ae681af
tried a MFC trick last night. Set up a master bus before a master bus. the whole mix is going through MFC on the first one and then bring up the kick in parallel on the real master bus, unaffected by MFC if that makes sense. lil more punch.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Oh, well because of it's price it seems to get over looked... I made this go well beyond the hardware in terms of action. The charging gives a kinda explosive sound. It reminds me of dbx and optical mixed together.

Last edited by TimP Nebula; 3 weeks ago at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
It has almost no truncation, since impulse tail smoothed out as you can see.
Almost no chirp and almost no ripple.

Very nice pre BTW. Thanks for the tip! Gotta use it)
Not that bad when ears and eyes are in line.
I think before I degrade colleagues into hobby photographers in perpetuity I`ll have a copy of PD myself.
Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
Oh, well because of it's price it gets seems to over looked... I made this go well beyond the hardware in terms of action. The charging gives a kinda explosive sound. It reminds me of dbx and optical mixed together.
The closest feeling I get to little-kid-at-Christmas these days is when I find out there’s a TimP comp I haven’t purchased yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted ae681af View Post
tried a MFC trick last night. Set up a master bus before a master bus. the whole mix is going through MFC on the first one and then bring up the kick in parallel on the real master bus, unaffected by MFC if that makes sense. lil more punch.
28 instances of Neb on my little mix, I don't hear anything that would prevent me from continuing using Nebula as normal. Now someone with better monitoring/cans might hear something and even if yhey suggested backing it off to say, 18 instances I could easily do thst.

So are you sure that doing this kick trick is really even needed? I certainly put to rest any concerns I had over this stuff. I'm glad I did the test to ease my own mind and maybe others out there who basically do the same type projects (12 to 20 tracks using real elec bass and acoustic drums) also had their minds put at ease.

28 instances and I heard only the good stuff I have always loved about Nebula, so no changes needed for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted ae681af
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
Oh, well because of it's price it gets seems to over looked... I made this go well beyond the hardware in terms of action. The charging gives a kinda explosive sound. It reminds me of dbx and optical mixed together.
dope.. thanks & I’ll be sure to check it out
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted ae681af
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffguitar View Post

So are you sure that doing this kick trick is really even needed? I certainly put to rest any concerns I had over this stuff.
lol my sound is like the opposite of yours..but it’s a cool trick for hip hop
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:

The Focus comp is excellent! Amazing value for money. Here is a video of the v2: https://youtu.be/GhJPqhjExKE
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted ae681af View Post
lol my sound is like the opposite of yours..but it’s a cool trick for hip hop
Then that's all that matters, it does sound like an interesting idea. I'm wondering what else might be done with neb on that parallel buss.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
wow guys, this was a great and insightful debate regarding the ripple and the "wooly" low-end.

It confirmed what I never really thought about deeply but I heard it...I love Alex B's consoles and use to mix into them all the time, but never thought that they could be the reason for me, having to work so hard to get my bass right, because all mixes were much better with the consoles enabled...

ANYWAYS, my brain came up with a quite simple solution : the same night after I read the first few pages about the "wooly" low-end:
In Reaper I built myself a "Console-Splitter-Rack" with LBX-Stripper. Now I can set the frequency which gets un-affected by the console, and everything above goes normally into the console. -> Result: the bass goes deeper again, does not feel that congested like with whole-spectrum-consoles and has more punch and transients again.

Also, when the console is bypassed the result perfectly nulls to zero -> meaning the split has no effect at all on the sound when console is bypassed. (I am using the 3-band-splitter & joiner JS-plugin.)

Another benefit: in the bass-portion of the rack I've put Crave EQ, just in case I want to tweak the bass-area a little further.

Usually putting the split at around 120-150 Hz does the trick already, sometimes it needs to go higher (some mixes like it lower)...but It works great, and I have no problem again using N4-consoles on my mix-buss and keeping my great bass, but also having the amazing sound and depth of Alex B's great consoles. My mind is quiet again and can enjoy the Consoles just like on day one, or before the debate

For those who want an easy & quick fix, I think you can use Blue-Cat's MB7 and put the console in the upper band and set the split-freq accordingly.

try it out and thank me later

And thanks again for the great discussion, it helped me improve my mixes once again.
Hope somebody finds this useful.
Cheers, Fisto
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
wow guys, this was a great and insightful debate regarding the ripple and the "wooly" low-end.

It confirmed what I never really thought about deeply but I heard it...I love Alex B's consoles and use to mix into them all the time, but never thought that they could be the reason for me, having to work so hard to get my bass right, because all mixes were much better with the consoles enabled...

ANYWAYS, my brain came up with a quite simple solution : the same night after I read the first few pages about the "wooly" low-end:
In Reaper I built myself a "Console-Splitter-Rack" with LBX-Stripper. Now I can set the frequency which gets un-affected by the console, and everything above goes normally into the console. -> Result: the bass goes deeper again, does not feel that congested like with whole-spectrum-consoles and has more punch and transients again.

Also, when the console is bypassed the result perfectly nulls to zero -> meaning the split has no effect at all on the sound when console is bypassed. (I am using the 3-band-splitter & joiner JS-plugin.)

Another benefit: in the bass-portion of the rack I've put Crave EQ, just in case I want to tweak the bass-area a little further.

Usually putting the split at around 120-150 Hz does the trick already, sometimes it needs to go higher (some mixes like it lower)...but It works great, and I have no problem again using N4-consoles on my mix-buss and keeping my great bass, but also having the amazing sound and depth of Alex B's great consoles. My mind is quiet again and can enjoy the Consoles just like on day one, or before the debate

For those who want an easy & quick fix, I think you can use Blue-Cat's MB7 and put the console in the upper band and set the split-freq accordingly.

try it out and thank me later

And thanks again for the great discussion, it helped me improve my mixes once again.
Hope somebody finds this useful.
Cheers, Fisto
Wow, very creative thinking. Looks like everyone is finding their own ways to keep working with the AlwxB consoles. I don't even have that MFC console but man so many folks love that thing, it's amazing.

I put 28 neb instances on my 6 track mix and heard no problem that would stop me from using all the Alex and HO nebs I desire, but im always doing electric bass guitar and acoustic drums and rarely more than a 16 track song. So it looks like guys doing what I do have no worries. No one responded and said they heard any wobble or chirp in my short mix, and im sure many out there have better monitoring in a better room than I do.

The only thing I wish is that someone would have posted a single, deep bass synth with a bunch of nebs on it so I could actually hear this wobble and combfiltering and also something in a higher frequency so I could hear the chirping as I'm really curious about what to actually listen for so I can make sure and avoid it.

It would also be nice to know just how many instances of neb would be needed to hear the wobble effects on a single bass or kick sample. With a mix it seems like masking is always possible and hearing this wobble on a single bass sound would zero in on just how many instances it would take and how much the effect grows with each instance.

I've got bass synth patches and deep kicks so if I get time maybe ill give it a shot and maybe shed even more light on these effects.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Wow, very creative thinking. Looks like everyone is finding their own ways to keep working with the AlwxB consoles. I don't even have that MFC console but man so many folks love that thing, it's amazing...

The only thing I wish is that someone would have posted a single, deep bass synth with a bunch of nebs on it so ...
I think one of the problems is, that when you use a console on the mix-buss as is, you immediately get a different bass-tone which can be desirable, but can make it a bit "muffled" or flat at the same time. Especially in the 80 Hz and below area. And this area is very important in electronic music. I can totally imagine that it might not be that big of a problem on an electric-bass-guitar like you use in your music.

That is why for some guys here it does not make sense to stack the Nebulas on one track to prove the point, when you can only put it on the mix-buss and hear the loss of definition in the bass immediately.

You even loose some of the sub-bass and punch on electronic stuff like techno & house.

That's why I came up with my solution.
For me it would not make too much sense to stack 10 nebs on my synth-basses.
Although I use N4-preamps & Taupe on my synth-basses in the "pre-mix" without problems.
I had problems with the overall-bass-response when having any N4-console on my mix-buss.

The kick and bass were not so clear anymore and also "flatter" in regards to the spectrum.

Hope this makes any sense

EDIT: I also totally have no problem stacking a lot of Nebula Eqs and preamps on individual tracks...and did not have to fight with strange mid-range build-ups or crazy chirps.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
The original sound that is "ringy" on its own, plus the always "beloved" Youtube compression algo...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well, I'm still trying to hear this wobble problem. So again, I decided to make a test of my own. I brought up a synth and elec drum kit in Addictive drums, just did a little synth deep bass line. Rendered the dry, then I burned in 16 neb instances. All Alex B Modern Black Console, API I believe, correct? I put 8 on each track. I used 4 group buss and 4 mix buss files on each track for a total of 16 nebs.

I can surely tell a huge difference. I had to add 3 db volume in Cool Edit to the dry to get them close in volume. I must say, I like the neb instances. I hear a big difference but to me it sounds like the nebs are doing what they were intended to do. I don't hear PROBLEMS in the neb track, I hear an analog sound. But then again, my monitoring is maybe not good enough. My cans are the Sony 7605 so it could be I don't hear the problems, but I can clearly hear the big DIFFERENCE. The drum kick in the neb still sounds punchy to me and the sample has a more depth kind of sound. So for me, I don't feel the neb sample is WORSE, I like it better because it seems to me the Alex B files are doing what they were sampled to do. I mean, when we saw the Plug Doc pics it was said just think what 5 or 6 of these on top of each other would do. Well, this has far more than that layered on, shouldn't this version simply be RUINED, destroyed, unusable?

It sounds different, more analog, and better to me, but maybe not to most others, and that's cool too. Everyone has to do as they feel right about, but I sure am glad I did my own testing because none of this stuff will affect my usage of Neb, hell, my tests make me love it even a bit more. lol I am shocked at how much 16 instances did change things.

Dry synth Bass drms
https://soundcloud.com/jeffguitar/dry-synth-bass-drm

16-nebs-synth-bass-drms
https://soundcloud.com/jeffguitar/16...synth-bass-drm
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I'm still trying to hear this wobble problem. So again, I decided to make a test of my own. I brought up a synth and elec drum kit in Addictive drums, just did a little synth deep bass line. Rendered the dry, then I burned in 16 neb instances. All Alex B Modern Black Console, API I believe, correct? I put 8 on each track. I used 4 group buss and 4 mix buss files on each track for a total of 16 nebs.

I can surely tell a huge difference. I had to add 3 db volume in Cool Edit to the dry to get them close in volume. I must say, I like the neb instances. I hear a big difference but to me it sounds like the nebs are doing what they were intended to do. I don't hear PROBLEMS in the neb track, I hear an analog sound. But then again, my monitoring is maybe not good enough. My cans are the Sony 7605 so it could be I don't hear the problems, but I can clearly hear the big DIFFERENCE. The drum kick in the neb still sounds punchy to me and the sample has a more depth kind of sound. So for me, I don't feel the neb sample is WORSE, I like it better because it seems to me the Alex B files are doing what they were sampled to do. I mean, when we saw the Plug Doc pics it was said just think what 5 or 6 of these on top of each other would do. Well, this has far more than that layered on, shouldn't this version simply be RUINED, destroyed, unusable?

It sounds different, more analog, and better to me, but maybe not to most others, and that's cool too. Everyone has to do as they feel right about, but I sure am glad I did my own testing because none of this stuff will affect my usage of Neb, hell, my tests make me love it even a bit more. lol I am shocked at how much 16 instances did change things.

Dry synth Bass drms
https://soundcloud.com/jeffguitar/dry-synth-bass-drm

16-nebs-synth-bass-drms
https://soundcloud.com/jeffguitar/16...synth-bass-drm
Wow, it goes right from the dry track to the neb track on Soundcloud. Now I am hearing even BETTER stuff on the neb. Listen to the kick, pay attention to it in the dry, now soon as the 16 neb version hits, the kick has an immediacy to it, like it is closer to you and more up front. And the bass is a bit deeper and more rich. Wow, I don't think we have been using ENOUGH of these AlexB busses, damn. No doubt, more analog to me, closer feeling, more immediacy and better bass feel. Listen a few time and the neb version kicks right in and after hearing them one after the other quickly like that to me the Neb version, SIXTEEN NEBS is just far better. I'm shocked at how much better that kick comes through and feels so up front and 3dish.

Hell, give me EVEN MORE AlexB
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, it goes right from the dry track to the neb track on Soundcloud. Now I am hearing even BETTER stuff on the neb. Listen to the kick, pay attention to it in the dry, now soon as the 16 neb version hits, the kick has an immediacy to it, like it is closer to you and more up front. And the bass is a bit deeper and more rich. Wow, I don't think we have been using ENOUGH of these AlexB busses, damn. No doubt, more analog to me, closer feeling, more immediacy and better bass feel. Listen a few time and the neb version kicks right in and after hearing them one after the other quickly like that to me the Neb version, SIXTEEN NEBS is just far better. I'm shocked at how much better that kick comes through and feels so up front and 3dish.

Hell, give me EVEN MORE AlexB
Wow, same with the bass, soon as the neb version kicks in I can hear immediacy, like there is an ENVIRONMENT around the bass, like it becomes a tad more real and 3dish. I am surprised at how flat and 2d the dry track is. No depth, no feel of 3d. I had to hear them one quickly after the other and then it really stands out for me. I suggest you guys USE MORE of those AlexB busses, lol, that was your problem, not enough.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So I have my own two tricks to take care of the problem. 2 steps.
1, DELETE PLGUN DOCTOR

2, Double your usage of AlexB console use.

Doctors orders, or should I say, Plugin Doctors orders?

If the older Modern black console sounds this good, that MFC must be delicious, I may buy it now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I had mentioned often of using a combination of AlexB Consoles.

In particular ... the MFC and the 9KC.

As for Electronic style music ... the MFC might not be my first [or only choice]. I'd consider a set of BUSSES, each with a different Console arrangement. Then, diffeent instruments can be 'auditioned' for the match that best compliments. And it might be that another style of music remain a 'Pure Digital'. No 'analogue' treatment. All personal choice/decisions.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I had mentioned often of using a combination of AlexB Consoles.

In particular ... the MFC and the 9KC.

As for Electronic style music ... the MFC might not be my first [or only choice]. I'd consider a set of BUSSES, each with a different Console arrangement. Then, diffeent instruments can be 'auditioned' for the match that best compliments. And it might be that another style of music remain a 'Pure Digital'. No 'analogue' treatment. All personal choice/decisions.
Never heard that 9kc either. I haven't purchased a neb library in a good while. Really, adding the HO, which is really just a massive 8 gig eq, I don't see any need for more myself. I have the AlexB modern black, which I hust used on this test, and the Vintage Blue, which I used on my little 6 track test along with plenty of HO.

I have to laugh because in the end all this stuff with the wobble and chirp has ended up making mr wang to use even more neb, and especially AlexB, the 2 I have anyway.

I can't say if I would love that MFC but no doubt I am loving the two older ones I have. I am really stunned at this little test I did yonight, to me it isn't even close. Those 16 mbc instances did great yhings to that k8ck and bass, in fact I am stunned at how ugly, flat and 2d that dry track is, and the bass is Arturia cz, and the drum Addictive.

For me it isn't even close, 16 Alex B negs just did good things, and the 6 track I did had 28 nebs, and that sounded better than oyher stuff I had mixed in the last few months before I started using neb again.

So yeah, to each thrir own, people are going to perceive things in their own way. We are human and suggestion can and does play a role, imperfe t ears can too, and I may be hearing things totally wrong, but I would be anazed if anyone says they cannot hear that the 16 neb buss intances doesn't sound more 3d, chocolaty, rich and just better overall.

But it is a huge relief, I was so worried about this because I was back to using Neb after a long layoff, not for problems with it but for hard drive space.

And it amazes me that I have emerged from my testing wanting MORE Nebula, not less, lol. My love for Nebula has actually increased and to me, anyway, it has withstood another challenge to it, and it has reigned supreme.

So my new strategy is, USE EVEN MORE. I can agree to disagree with others. If there are others who will use it less becsuse of this plug doc thing, all I can do is just shake my head and say wow, gotta do what you gotta do, but I'll be using it even more because of this plug doc thing, this has ended up allowing me to delve in to neb more and has sent me in the other direction, toward it more, after being so worried, what a hilarious outcome.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Acoustics View Post
The original sound that is "ringy" on its own, plus the always "beloved" Youtube compression algo...
Tried it quickly last night and it sounds great! Seems like this could be really versatile. Will play some more to get a handle on what it can do. The ‘hot’ tube switch seemed to do some nice things on drums..

I haven’t bothered to read the manual but am presuming the red settings are the Opto settings?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Tried it quickly last night and it sounds great! Seems like this could be really versatile. Will play some more to get a handle on what it can do. The ‘hot’ tube switch seemed to do some nice things on drums..

I haven’t bothered to read the manual but am presuming the red settings are the Opto settings?
TAKEN FROM THE MANUAL:

(the red position combinations are good to emulate a program dependent
classics)

TIP: when a combination of red-marked attack and recovery is used [ 0.5-0.2, 0.5-3.50, 75-0.2, 75-2.50 ] the behaviour is very similar to THE well known “LA” classic.
Try to set first the MAKEUP and, subsequentially, the PEAK REDUCTION knobs to
achieve your desired results.
RATIO 2 to 4 (comp), or 20 (limit) are the best to set with.

Basically, if for a strange reason you wish to stay limited in the LA-2A-ish zone, just stay in the "red zone" of Attack and Recovery.
Of course keep the Transient knob all to Soft.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
TAKEN FORM THE MANUAL:

(the red position combinations are good to emulate a program dependent
classics)

TIP: when a combination of red-marked attack and recovery is used [ 0.5-0.2, 0.5-3.50, 75-0.2, 75-2.50 ] the behaviour is very similar to THE well known “LA” classic.
Try to set first the MAKEUP and, subsequentially, the PEAK REDUCTION knobs to
achieve your desired results.
RATIO 2 to 4 (comp), or 20 (limit) are the best to set with.

Basically, if for a strange reason you wish to stay limited in the LA-2A-ish zone, just stay in the "red zone" of Attack and Recovery.
Of course keep the Transient knob all to Soft.
Thanks for the tips! Transient knob is great btw.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think it was good of You to do your OWN testing.

I believe that the Nebula/ACQUA technology is such that testing, experimenting, critical listening ... and Learning what each of these Libraries and Plugins bring to the Sonic toolbox.

It also goes to the levels of INPUT. The use of combinations [something we did daily back in the only hardware days]. Some of my favorite work took place tracking across several Consoles, still even using outboard Preamps [many Session players had their complete 'sound' within their Rig] ... and then the Final Mix might have been done on a totally different Console.

The combination of all these different instrument 'textures' can give the Ears something unique and different to sense while listening to the Music ... even if sub-conscious to the general listener who may have no idea what a preamp, or a tube is ... that's not why they care.

Whether a fine Chef, or a Painter/Artist ... the spices/ingredients, or the sonic textures provide important contrast that entertain the palette.

We Humans are complex creatures ... as Children, we start learning with Crayons of Primary Colors ... but at a point, we want to expand out to other shades, tones, and subtleties.

We bore easily. Variety, juxtaposition can engage [think Sweet/Sour Sauce].

As wonderful as the digital technology is ... it has also taken Music to the point of sterility. Tuning/Pitch, Rhythm/Timing have been brought to clinical precision.

I'm not saying there aren't some great work being done today ... but we can easily forget what the destination of this work is for. Humans.

Variety is the 'spice' of Life.

That is why I believe Audio Hardware has such a regarded place. Though it can be clear, transparent, or full blown distortion/saturation ... it doesn't do it with mathematical, predictable, precision. It seems to have Life, and dimension.

To whatever degree, this is what draws to Nebula/Acqua technology.

Not saying this technology is 'perfect' ... we are still bound by the power of today's computer processors [so there are compromises that must be in place ... I know Nebula settings that will bring a powerful computer to it's knees with a single instance ... that is un-usable].

But today ... someone can be sitting in a small room, and have access to a full NEVE, SSL, API Console ... on a laptop.

People complained/worried that the ElRay Compressor had a low-end/hi-end bump. Yes its there ... Talk to veteran Mastering Engineer Gavin Lurssen. They have a compressor in the chain that has a character response. But rather than complain, they have MATCH the equipment in the chain to balance out the overall response. That's what Audio Engineers do. It is an Art and a Science.

Hey ... just sharing some of my thinking and observations. And apologies, as my Passion can sometimes ramble
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
No worries, I put it through extreme testing last night and I love it so I got it now
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I think it was good of You to do your OWN testing.

I believe that the Nebula/ACQUA technology is such that testing, experimenting, critical listening ... and Learning what each of these Libraries and Plugins bring to the Sonic toolbox.

It also goes to the levels of INPUT. The use of combinations [something we did daily back in the only hardware days]. Some of my favorite work took place tracking across several Consoles, still even using outboard Preamps [many Session players had their complete 'sound' within their Rig] ... and then the Final Mix might have been done on a totally different Console.

The combination of all these different instrument 'textures' can give the Ears something unique and different to sense while listening to the Music ... even if sub-conscious to the general listener who may have no idea what a preamp, or a tube is ... that's not why they care.

Whether a fine Chef, or a Painter/Artist ... the spices/ingredients, or the sonic textures provide important contrast that entertain the palette.

We Humans are complex creatures ... as Children, we start learning with Crayons of Primary Colors ... but at a point, we want to expand out to other shades, tones, and subtleties.

We bore easily. Variety, juxtaposition can engage [think Sweet/Sour Sauce].

As wonderful as the digital technology is ... it has also taken Music to the point of sterility. Tuning/Pitch, Rhythm/Timing have been brought to clinical precision.

I'm not saying there aren't some great work being done today ... but we can easily forget what the destination of this work is for. Humans.

Variety is the 'spice' of Life.

That is why I believe Audio Hardware has such a regarded place. Though it can be clear, transparent, or full blown distortion/saturation ... it doesn't do it with mathematical, predictable, precision. It seems to have Life, and dimension.

To whatever degree, this is what draws to Nebula/Acqua technology.

Not saying this technology is 'perfect' ... we are still bound by the power of today's computer processors [so there are compromises that must be in place ... I know Nebula settings that will bring a powerful computer to it's knees with a single instance ... that is un-usable].

But today ... someone can be sitting in a small room, and have access to a full NEVE, SSL, API Console ... on a laptop.

People complained/worried that the ElRay Compressor had a low-end/hi-end bump. Yes its there ... Talk to veteran Mastering Engineer Gavin Lurssen. They have a compressor in the chain that has a character response. But rather than complain, they have MATCH the equipment in the chain to balance out the overall response. That's what Audio Engineers do. It is an Art and a Science.

Hey ... just sharing some of my thinking and observations. And apologies, as my Passion can sometimes ramble
Wonderful post, I enjoyed it. I'm 56 years old so grew up with that 70's sound and kind of remained in that era mentally for all my life. There is so much good music from that era I never felt the need to explore most modern stuff.

Many of my 70's heroes, Beck, Clapton, Knopfler and many others are still plugging away at it and I'm still listening to them. Of course, huge Beatles and Stones fan, all the classics.

Yeah, people have to go in the directions they feel right about, that's what matters for them. Whatever this wobble and chirp is doesn't effect me but I'm glad it came up in the end because I know I want even more Neb stuff, I was pleased with what a lot of AlexB and HO added when using way more than normal, so I will pour it on as I go forward.

But I enjoyed your meandering thoughts.

Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Question, everything that is in Aqua in the stagearea, that are zipfiles. That are installers right? That is completely useless and only take up space after the fact that it is installed?
I got trials in there that i took away, stealing space from my drive. its kind of an insane system but, well, some manual cleaning is needed...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search