The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Nut

Hi people! I know you guys are talking about something else but here it is a demo of the best sound amp sim in the box. peace. https://soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruf...amp-pro-nebula
Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear

Does someone have any idea as to when the new nebula is being released? I have dipped my toes in the nebula world but until the announcement of the new system I simply don't have the patience for it. From what I've heard this will be pretty much sorted with the new release I guess I was just wondering when? And not bitwig when, an actual release date?
Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
Does someone have any idea as to when the new nebula is being released? I have dipped my toes in the nebula world but until the announcement of the new system I simply don't have the patience for it. From what I've heard this will be pretty much sorted with the new release I guess I was just wondering when? And not bitwig when, an actual release date?
I have heard not until November, so not quite "Bitwig when", but still no firm date. I can tell you that Giancarlo and team are hitting it hard and are reworking betas very very quickly, and working on some amazing breakthroughs like morphing the Aqua/Nebula technology into something bigger and better (such as multi-band EQ's and other plugins that will be more usable like "algo" plugins). And just in the last few days I have tested 3 different (and successively better) beta that load much quicker and seem to be extremely stable.
I know, this is not news for most people, everyone wants dates.... Sorry, I have no dates for you. But if you have "dipped my toes in the nebula world", then you were at least interested then (and for good reason). I've been using Nebula for over 3 years, so I don't totally understand why people get so upset about it. It's been awesome for my ears and for my work.
Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear
"I've been using Nebula for over 3 years, so I don't totally understand why people get so upset about it. It's been awesome for my ears and for my work."

Same here, I'm really happy with it even though it is not light on cpu.

Slightly off topic, can someone tell me how to use the comp with sidechain like from alexb in cubase ? I mean with vst3 plugins it is easy as u simply route a send to the sidechain of the vst3 plug in but how does it work for nebula ?
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Addict
Multi-band EQ is pretty much the ONLY thing I need and, damn, I REALLY need it!

Everything else is "bearable".

We all know the sound is why we submit ourselves to this torture.
Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear
I knew that some people paying attention to this thread would want to read this...... (last post in thread)

Here it is in case you are too lazy to click the link......
(from the ongoing "Next Step (Nebula)" thread) from Giancarlo

"we are finally full-time on acustica audio and we are doing an awful lot of things, I can just try to list just main things we achieved in december/january

- we are hiring. We'll close our first contract soon
- we are renting an office. We'll close the renting contract before the end of jan
- we have our first investor. He'll be "in" before the end of february
- we are creating a powerful store for our products
- we'll migrate on a new fast server before the middle of february, with a modified and a better website (it's a bit more apple-like, faster, clear, with a better explanation on our products and a better store/webmarket/usability)
- we are creating documentation (soon you'll have it, for example documentation about installing procedure). We released acqua products with a better documentation
- we are working on mac osx side: installers, code, first test, for example we tested d361a on mac osx
- we are making agreements and roadmaps with 3rd party developers for migrating libraries and creating tons of acqua plugins on our market. They will be also the fuel for nebula4
- we have finally a clear roadmap and gantt for nebula4 and we have just started! and we are coding crazy quickly, so in just about 1 month we have:

a) 95% of code now is RAII compliant (less bugs). We reached version 1.3.636 we are actually testing in about 1 week.
b) nebula and acqua could now load more chained nebulas inside. And if you don't believe me and you have a smartphone android/iphone just install "tomting" and follow "giancarlo". There is a video about trinityeq, which is an incoming and wonderful product which will be a game changed and the first of a long list of amazing products.

[additional info: don't use the web version of tomting, it's not quite ready now. Tomting and its technology is something I created several months ago and it will allow to create powerful audio and video streaming, examples and services on our website]

c) more nebula skin could be connected to the same engine. We are testing it and it's the core for our nebula4 product

d) we can create minimal lcd screens now, they are an other piece of nebula4

e) we are working on juce framework for adding a better au/rtas/aax compatibility to all our products"

Good stuff is coming people.
Old 19th January 2014
Gear Addict

Psyched!!!! Nebula is already amazing as it is
Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin View Post
Psyched!!!! Nebula is already amazing as it is
Obviously, I agree. But there are many people who are understandably waiting for these sorts of updates/upgrades, so I am making sure people are getting the info. Big things are happening over at Acustica.
Old 19th January 2014
Gear Addict

It's exciting for sure. I can hardly wait for the new features. I'm sure they'll be mind blowing! Happy to hear that good things are happening for Acustica!
Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
I have heard not until November, so not quite "Bitwig when", but still no firm date. I can tell you that Giancarlo and team are hitting it hard and are reworking betas very very quickly, and working on some amazing breakthroughs like morphing the Aqua/Nebula technology into something bigger and better (such as multi-band EQ's and other plugins that will be more usable like "algo" plugins).
November? And it's now January. Well that sucks.
Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
November? And it's now January. Well that sucks.
Quit being a scrooge.
Good code doesn't happen overnight.
Old 19th January 2014
Gear Head

This will be a great year for the Nebula community!
Old 19th January 2014
oooh I just joined Tomting and saw the 4 band Trinity EQ...I wonder how much latency, CPU and RAM these programs will use...
Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
oooh I just joined Tomting and saw the 4 band Trinity EQ...I wonder how much latency, CPU and RAM these programs will use...
Well, by the time they're available I'm sure we'll have more powerful computers.

Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear

Very cool!
Old 19th January 2014
Lives for gear

So how do I do this? I've got an iPad and an iPhone (how embarrassing) - tomting? Edit - found the app in the App Store - Giancarlo's name is on the splash page!
Old 20th January 2014
Lives for gear

trinityeq will be available within 1 month (really it should be available before the beginning of february, but I'm taking in account possible delays since we are migrating our slow website away)
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

Well, AlexB is now out with his newly sampled AMS Neve 88RS (!), Cupwise has released the Roland RSE-555 delay and (hopefully) Henry is still working on his Bricasti..

Unreal. It just doesn't get much better that this
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear
What I don't understand is why cdsoundmaster's GEQ has a minimum of +/- 6db of gain. If it had started at 1db or even 3db I'd say that is a must have.
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Well, AlexB is now out with his newly sampled AMS Neve 88RS (!), Cupwise has released the Roland RSE-555 delay and (hopefully) Henry is still working on his Bricasti..

Both the AMS and Roland Delay/Reverb are really amazing. For the record, I have heard that the Bricasti may be on hold, possibly abandoned. The ir's out there are so good already, and I think that Henry was feeling that if he could not get it much closer to "real" then it was best left alone. But indeed, the new libraries that you mentioned are spectacular. I thought I was all done buying console libraries..... This one is crazy-good. I should have reviews and sample clips for both libraries posted in a few days.
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

Every day Nebula takes one step closer to taking over, lol.
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post

I didn't know about the Cupwise delay - I gotta' check that out!
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
If they would sell their plugs as individuals I would be sold. I hate navigating through the nebula window.
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHat View Post
If they would sell their plugs as individuals I would be sold. I hate navigating through the nebula window.
Haven't you ever tried the brilliant software called Nebula Setups??? it is a very simple software that allows you to create customized Nebula instances that can contain as many or as few presets as you want. I have over 50 very awesome specified instances (tapes, tubes, compressors, eq's....etc). Since each one is only scanning for the libraries it uses, load times are INTENSELY fast. I could never go back to the old way of using Nebula.
Old 4th February 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Nebulasetups let's you create custom library vsts for whatever library you like. Plus it saves a bunch of time loading also.
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks for posting going to check this out! Can you share setups with other users? And does anyone have any pics of their setups?
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I don't actually have any problem Nebula staying kinda underound-ish, the community is quite awesome as it is right now. It's like GOD is raining all this perfect gear on us

Seriously 'tho, that's really crappy news if the Bricasti thing is true.. I thought he said (in his latest posts) the he's getting there with his new approach?
Old 4th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks for posting going to check this out! Can you share setups with other users? And does anyone have any pics of their setups?
You can't really share setups because they are specific to locations of your files on your computer, and depends on what libraries you have. Besides, it is so fast as easy to use that it would be slower to try to modify a setup to work on your computer. What kind of pics do you want? I can do screenshots of all of the names of them, or loaded in Reaper, or..... I am not sure what you are looking for.
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
You can't really share setups because they are specific to locations of your files on your computer, and depends on what libraries you have. Besides, it is so fast as easy to use that it would be slower to try to modify a setup to work on your computer. What kind of pics do you want? I can do screenshots of all of the names of them, or loaded in Reaper, or..... I am not sure what you are looking for.
I'm really interested in their colored eqs and saturation plug ins. If you have any pics of your custom setups using one of those plugs I would love to see what it looks like.
Old 5th February 2014
but.... what happens everytime a new version on Nebula is released? does this "Nebula Setups" updates the several "copies" itself?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search