The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Wow, this one snuck up on me - Gemini just released their new API 2500 compressor library:
G2500

Combo presets and a demo. Man, I need to find some time to check this stuff out...
I will be posting a "proper" review for this very soon, I hope. But for now, I do need to say that this is a MONSTER library. In size and in depth of tone, character, and functionality. Check out the demo, for sure. I am not even a huge fan of the API sound usually, but I have always loved the compressors (I have had the pleasure of working with a few hardware pieces). This library is crazy-cool!!!
Old 18th September 2013
the demo is great...really sounds like a 2500 to me...gut punch. Im using it alongside SDRR...
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Wow, this one snuck up on me - Gemini just released their new API 2500 compressor library:
G2500

Combo presets and a demo. Man, I need to find some time to check this stuff out...
From their website, 11306 programs??? Must be a mistake, I guess.
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEK3 View Post
From their website, 11306 programs??? Must be a mistake, I guess.
No mistake. The G2500 comes with pretty much every option, nebula has to offer and in all sample rates. You can choose right from the start, which options you want to install. You can choose between three different install types and then choose only the sample rates which you really need.
Old 18th September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Audio View Post
No mistake. The G2500 comes with pretty much every option, nebula has to offer and in all sample rates. You can choose right from the start, which options you want to install. You can choose between three different install types and then choose only the sample rates which you really need.
I have to say at the moment Im slightly baffled by all the options and Im only using the demo...

It sounds great but IMO in the instructions there could be a key which clearly indicates what the menu in Nebula equates to - in list format just like the Nebula preset list...
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I have to say at the moment Im slightly baffled by all the options and Im only using the demo...

It sounds great but IMO in the instructions there could be a key which clearly indicates what the menu in Nebula equates to - in list format just like the Nebula preset list...
If you mean descriptions for the subcategories, you just have to install the Dictionary file as described in the quick start guide and in the user manual. After that, you'll see descriptions in the program browser for all subcategories.
Old 18th September 2013
Quote:
If you mean descriptions for the subcategories, you just have to install the Dictionary file as described in the quick start guide and in the user manual. After that, you'll see descriptions in the program browser for all subcategories.
ah ok. When I installed - I neglected to do that as I am on OSX and there is no nebulatemprespoitory folder (as described) in the OSX folder path...so that threw me off...
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
ah ok. When I installed - I neglected to do that as I am on OSX and there is no nebulatemprespoitory folder (as described) in the OSX folder path...so that threw me off...
I see. In OSX, Nebula is installed at /Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/. That's where you'll find the Dictionaries folder.
Old 18th September 2013
Quote:
I see. In OSX, Nebula is installed at /Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/. That's where you'll find the Dictionaries folder.
yes found it - and it improves the menu system a lot
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, that's awesome!! Thank you very much for your answer, I apologize for my wrong assumption, more than 11000 presets looked like something crazy. Cool price too, for such a huge work!
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Gemini strikes again!
Nebula 3-dimensionality strikes again!

Never have I seen Neb handling the compression so well.. and the demo is FULLY functional. And I'm only hitting 2% CPU with great results.

Pay the man!
Old 20th September 2013
Here for the gear

Hi Gemini Audio,

Firstly, great work on the G2500!

I downloaded the demo of the G2500 and it was working fine until I updated to the latest Nebula Pro 1.3.600

Any ideas on how to get it appearing in the program list in the new version? I have unzipped the files to the nebulatemprepository directory but it's not showing up.

Thanks in advance - pretty keen to purchase this library but just want to put it through it paces for a couple more hours.

Sorry about hijacking this thread!
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

Have you tried re-installing the demo?

Working fine here w/ 1.3.600

EDIT: GS seriously needs to fix this double post bug, happening all the time
Old 20th September 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenci View Post
Hi Gemini Audio,

Firstly, great work on the G2500!

I downloaded the demo of the G2500 and it was working fine until I updated to the latest Nebula Pro 1.3.600

Any ideas on how to get it appearing in the program list in the new version? I have unzipped the files to the nebulatemprepository directory but it's not showing up.

Thanks in advance - pretty keen to purchase this library but just want to put it through it paces for a couple more hours.

Sorry about hijacking this thread!
Ignore this please Gemini Audio - sorted it out.
Old 20th September 2013
Gear Head

The G2500 Demo has just been updated: The CPU consumption for "NC" programs has been drastically improved.
Also i'd like to point out, that if you try the Demo, i'd highly recommend to use the "NC" versions in order to achieve the best audio quality!
Enjoy!
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

Hey didn't know there was a new Nebula update, and it seems to be much better as far as reverb latency.
Used to have a buffer size for 1024 for the 5 second long EMT reverb, now I can use 512
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

Hmm I tried the G5200 demo, and in peak mode, with fast release, finally a Neb compressor that can squash the signal like I want it to! Think I might grab it
Old 30th September 2013
Lives for gear

A little comparison

G5200 demo vs StillWell Rocket - a 1176 style compressor
similar settings and squashing it hard, with super fast release
G5200 in hard NC peak program

Only Nebula compressor so far that has gotten close to that style of compression
Attached Files

CCJ_Geist drum loop.mp3 (333.8 KB, 666 views)

CCJ_Geist drum loop_NebulaG5200.mp3 (333.8 KB, 771 views)

CCJ_Geist drum loop_Rocket.mp3 (333.8 KB, 628 views)

Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

The G2500 has been updated! The quality of the "ME" and "NL" programs has been upgraded. The "ME" programs are now very close to the quality of "NC" programs but still use about 45% less CPU than "NC" programs. The "NL" programs now replace the old "ME" programs, but still use pretty much the same amount of CPU as before.
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

Well, apparently Mr. Olonga is trying to tackle the mighty Bricasti again, this time with more success:

Quote:
I have revisited this project and have taken a different approach. A little happier now. Update coming this week. Still not there but usable IMHO. We are talking ever decreasing differences now. Good news. This time it's for real.
Some tricks.. I'm now using only 30ips tape with the CDSM VTM-M2 after the console. Pretty much gives me the right amount tape phatness an compression, not having to deal with any type of mastering comp. Kickass.
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Well, apparently Mr. Olonga is trying to tackle the mighty Bricasti again, this time with more success:
Go Henry!

-Casey
Old 19th November 2013
Here for the gear

Word is there will be an announcement from AITB soon. Cryptic message on their website. "The condemned live longer..." and a countdown timer.
AITB - Nebula Libraries & Audio Plugins
Old 19th November 2013
Gear Maniac

They sure as hell arent busy making sure people who actually bought their programs can actually, you know - use them.
Old 20th November 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, I wish they'd be clear about their plans for updating/removing the copy protection for those of us who bought their libraries… Anyone know what the message is all about?
Old 24th November 2013
Gear Maniac

AITB is back up apparently... And I eventually got a reply (after almost a month of waiting) to re-authorize mammoth and doc fear, and to nobody's surprise - the auth process fails on the web end! (File too large...)

Submitted the files to AITB - hope it doesnt take another month...
Old 24th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai handberg View Post
AITB is back up apparently... And I eventually got a reply (after almost a month of waiting) to re-authorize mammoth and doc fear, and to nobody's surprise - the auth process fails on the web end! (File too large...)

Submitted the files to AITB - hope it doesnt take another month...
Yeah, saw the site is back up. Now I can buy the reverbs I missed before they closed.
Old 2nd December 2013
Lives for gear

for those who are interested in guitar amp clones, i just made one:

Nebula Programms - Online Guitar Tracks
i also put a sample before - after

i didn't put the name of the amp not to violate any rights - but those who goe deeper will find out

i just used it in my last remix on electric guitar (i m sorry for the low peak - was not mastered anymore:
https://www.indabamusic.com/opportun...?autoPlay=true

peace
Old 30th December 2013
Lives for gear

Henry Olonga has posted a demo preset (3sec hall) and the unit preamp program for the upcoming Bricasti library, sounding great! Check the M7 thread on the Acustica forums..

I had the change to try out the well-praised vintage Neve console (8014), and although I was super excited to try it out, I have to say that I still prefer the sound of the RND 5088. I also tried the AlexB Pultec, and I absolutely loved the overall tone of it, but for low-end boost I still prefer the AITB Fearn, which is pretty hard to beat. It's a monster! The Pultec is another perfect tool for just the right amount of tube saturation and mojo for the master 'tho IMO.

Nothing else that interesting happening for me.. oh yeah, finally made some use of the Echoplex delay by STN (has to be the right tempo), the thing has some serious thickness and character, sounds gorgeous on some material
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear
I totally forgot to post about this when it was released.....
CDSM's SONGTEC-MEP-250EX-EQ

This is a library that people have been anticipating for years now.... Really an amazing sampling. There is a free demo available, it's a full quality one band preset so people can get a taste of how good it is. Really a special library, a "must have" in my book.
Old 1st January 2014
Lives for gear

SPAM - Im selling a Sontec MEP 250 ex clone (the famous and now unavailable from Igor). Brilliant EQ. PM me. Sorry for the spam. Carry on

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search