The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 1st September 2013
Lives for gear

Obviously the new nebula would mean a level of authoritation rewrites thats beyond what they can handle
Doesnt matter
The more people get nebula the more free hardware captures will be around its acustica audiod fault nebula isnt the biggest success in plugin history
Or is anyone able to use
Nebula on mono channels in pro tools 10/11?
Old 1st September 2013
Lives for gear
No offense, but I don't think a plugin's ability to run in ProTools is as big of a "make or break" issue for the plugin devs survival. ProTools had it's hey-day when it was actually a forward thinking and progressive software. Yes, it is still the "industry standard", but in my opinion, that is true nowadays mainly because most studios have it from back when it was the best if not only good DAW software. But Avid is not very friendly with plugin devs, and I think that many devs are recognizing the fact that more and more studios are starting to experiment with alternative software for their DAW platform. It's only a matter of time I think. So Acustica is probably not investing a ton of energy to play nicely with PT, especially if it alienates existing and other potential buyers.
Old 1st September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinmusic View Post
A last chance sale.... MANY people are hoping for that. From my understanding, unfortunately, they are not planning one for some reason.
That would be awesome! I never got a chance to pick up the EAR libraries and it kinda' bums me out. I'd love to pick them up if it's possible...

Quote:
But on thatv topic and AITB..... whether they have a final chance to get more libraries is far less important to me than them finding a solution to the eventual need for users to reauthorize purchased libraries when they have the inevitable system/hardware upgrade or replacement from catastrophic failure....... ouch.
From their statement, it sounds like they're gonna' offer their customers non-copy protected versions of the libs. But, I'm waiting to find out like everybody else... fingers crossed.
Old 1st September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
From their statement, it sounds like they're gonna' offer their customers non-copy protected versions of the libs. But, I'm waiting to find out like everybody else... fingers crossed.
That would be ideal.....
Old 6th September 2013
Lives for gear

i was just going to buy neb 3 pro so i could use mammoth

now what do i do...
Old 6th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by crufty View Post

now what do i do...
What should you do? Buy it anyway for many other awesome libraries, silly. I have not heard anything about them offering these up for sale yet, unfortunately.
Old 6th September 2013
Quote:

now what do i do...
Mammoth was good but Alex B and CDSoundmaster have many excellent EQ libs...

Tim P is doing really cool stuff too

Tim Petherick | Guitarist | Producer | Nebula Libraries
Old 6th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
What should you do? Buy it anyway for many other awesome libraries, silly. I have not heard anything about them offering these up for sale yet, unfortunately.
yeah...i suppose

i had always discounted nebula because of the cpu hit, but started thinking in terms of itb / self mastering ( ) and thought it might be a $ efficient way to improve final mix downs, esp if tucked behind an ableton instrument rack.
Old 6th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah...i suppose

i had always discounted nebula because of the cpu hit, but started thinking in terms of itb / self mastering ( ) and thought it might be a $ efficient way to improve final mix downs, esp if tucked behind an ableton instrument rack.
FWIW, the devs have mentioned that the betas for the 64bit version are showing an improvement on the cpu hit. Not sure how much better it'll be, but I'm glad to see them moving forward.

As for the EQ libs, Swan808 is right - AITB wasn't the only game in town for killer EQs... I hope another third-party dev steps in to distribute / support the AITB libraries, though. It'd be a shame to lose those. Heck, even offering them as unsupported donation-ware would be better than losing them altogether...
Old 6th September 2013
yeah I have mammoth which I do really like and Im not even sure if I do a re-install if I will loose it due to the copy protection.

It was such a mammoth job to sample it would be a shame if it disappears. Im hoping AA might pick it up for their library...
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

wow osx installs are brutal
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

Everybody desiring the Doc Fear, I'd look into the Pultecs, since DW Fearn VT-4 is basically a Pultec clone. Can't really say anything about the similarity 'tho.

Nebula Universal Program Explorer

Easy way to find most libraries.

Sadly, I don't think there's anything out there like the Massive Passive for Nebula.. you can makes huge cut's & boosts without it sounding stuffy or harsh. Maybe someone will sample it again in the future with more kernels etc.
Old 8th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Good point that I haven't thought of SWAN808. Will we be able to install Mammouth on a new/different hard drive due to the copy protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
yeah I have mammoth which I do really like and Im not even sure if I do a re-install if I will loose it due to the copy protection.

It was such a mammoth job to sample it would be a shame if it disappears. Im hoping AA might pick it up for their library...
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Head

Hi all.

Based largely on the enthusiasm here, I bought Nebula 3 pro yesterday and a couple of Alex Bs EQs.

However, upon installing on my Win 7 32 quad core Sandy bridge, Cubase 6.1, and launching Nebula, no .SER file was generated. Any suggestions?

I emailed support but have yet to hear from them, and it is clear from the many threads on the net, that a reply may be a long time away. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when I do activate Nebula, do I simply place the different folders from the Alex B Zip in the nebula folder?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindman View Post
Hi all.

Based largely on the enthusiasm here, I bought Nebula 3 pro yesterday and a couple of Alex Bs EQs.

However, upon installing on my Win 7 32 quad core Sandy bridge, Cubase 6.1, and launching Nebula, no .SER file was generated. Any suggestions?

I emailed support but have yet to hear from them, and it is clear from the many threads on the net, that a reply may be a long time away. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when I do activate Nebula, do I simply place the different folders from the Alex B Zip in the nebula folder?

Thanks in advance.
For installing most libraries, you put the contents of the 2 folders (Programs and Vectors) in the named-the-same folders in your "nebulatemprepository", wherever you put that during the installation. And regarding the ser file, where did you look for it? It should be in the repository folder. I will email Giancarlo and see if I can light a fire under him for you.
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Head

I looked for the .SER in the nebulatemprepository folder as instructed, no dice.

Also, there were no program or vector folders created in that folder after install. Just one folder called Acoustica, in which lives the DLL files and XML files.
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
I looked for the .SER in the nebulatemprepository folder as instructed, no dice.

Also, there were no program or vector folders created in that folder after install. Just one folder called Acoustica, in which lives the DLL files and XML files.
The something went wrong with your installation. My dll's/xml's are in my VST folder, and I pointed the repository folder to my sample HD (You can do a non-default installation and decide where you want stuff). The repository should have the programs, vectors, setups,..... I am PM-ing you Giancarlo's personal email address- I emailed him about this and he asked me to put you in direct contact. He'll sort it out for you.
Old 10th September 2013
Quote:

try a re-install. That worked for me when I got no .ser
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Head

Thanks guys. When I return to the studio tomorrow, I will follow through with all suggestions.
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

oh man

the cpu hit w/1.3.600 on osx / mbp / 10.8.x isn't really that bad

the sound is SWEEET
Attached Files

synth_ambient_2_snippet.mp3 (2.98 MB, 442 views)

Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
oh man

the cpu hit w/1.3.600 on osx / mbp / 10.8.x isn't really that bad

the sound is SWEEET
Wow, you must be testing the server version? Can't wait to get the update!
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear

Wait, there's an upgrade? *runs to Acustica site*

Yeah baby, Core4 (lite).. let's see how this performs..

EDIT: hard to say, since I accidentally downloaded & ran the whole setup instead of the upgrade.. But no harm done, seems like they've limited the TIMED mode 10ms by default which I now understand is enough to kill that pesky aliasing almost completely. TBH I'm not noticing any significant increase in the performance. Really hard to say 'tho, since it nulled my buffer etc. settings, but definitely not worse.
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Addict

So it's safe to upgrade then? I have modified dlls which i made with the program nebulasetup, do i have to do anything else then upgrading?
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear

Can't say about that, since I ran the whole setup and it's been such a long time since I ran the upgrade so I cannot remember what it does to dlls. Maybe someone with modified files who upgraded could answer this.

With the full setup, i just ran it, set the right directories and voilà, old projects load with no problems. It did obviously reset all the settings on the MAST page 'tho.
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooohhh2 View Post
So it's safe to upgrade then? I have modified dlls which i made with the program nebulasetup, do i have to do anything else then upgrading?
As a huge Nebula fan, I am usually first to jump on the updates/upgrades. I helped beta-test this newest one and I can honestly say that the success/failure of this update is not consistent, unfortunately. Some people are seeing great improvements, some people haven't noticed much, while a few (like me) having to revert back to the previous stable version (1.3.505), which I have noticed is not in my download folder anymore. So my advice to anyone considering this update is to make thorough backups of your dll's and xml's and your repository folder (minus the programs and vectors- those are fine and ought to be backed up anyway...).
And regarding the modified stuff, the xml's are what get modified and when you upgrade only the Nebula reverb and Nebula dll's and xml's are changed. The newest version of Nebula Setups has a feature that can update all of your modified dll's as a batch, just unselect the option to update the xml's so you can keep your tweaked xml's.
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, of course the update won't affect the customized DLLs because they're user created.. and I haven't noticed any bugs on instability, (with a project with 30+ instances) So in that way, it's safe to upgrade.
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Yeah, of course the update won't affect the customized DLLs because they're user created.. and I haven't noticed any bugs on instability, (with a project with 30+ instances) So in that way, it's safe to upgrade.
This CAN lead to other problems, when updating files (including version of NAT and other system files) if you don't update your user-created dll's. You would have multiple versions of Nebula loading which should be ok, but may not be. So I am saying if you do update, back up and then also update all of the dll's made in Nebula Setups so that all of your instances are the same Nebula version. Just my opinion, better safe than sorry.
Old 16th September 2013
Gear Head

I wanted to say thanks to richinmusic for placing me in touch with Giancarlo. He sorted me out.

I am very fortunate to own some very nice HW. However, Nebula is as closeasit gets to the real deal!

I will never remove my RND MBP from my 2 bus, but I may leave the box less often now.
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
I wanted to say thanks to richinmusic for placing me in touch with Giancarlo. He sorted me out.

I am very fortunate to own some very nice HW. However, Nebula is as closeasit gets to the real deal!

I will never remove my RND MBP from my 2 bus, but I may leave the box less often now.
No problem. I am glad it all came together for you. Have fun!
Old 17th September 2013
Lives for gear

Wow, this one snuck up on me - Gemini just released their new API 2500 compressor library:
G2500

Combo presets and a demo. Man, I need to find some time to check this stuff out...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search