The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
What about just using Reapers own Reamote to offload processing to another computer?
I don’t know what magic you guys are using but I’ve had ALOT of issues with N4 and reamote. I had to go the Vienna route and my hardware route.
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
I don’t know what magic you guys are using but I’ve had ALOT of issues with N4 and reamote. I had to go the Vienna route and my hardware route.
Oh strange, my second PC is pretty standard i5 HP PC but both are connected to switch with patch cables. Maybe WiFi an issue?

Also used to use FXTeleport which is now free but only 32bit
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
There are some issues indeed to use this combo exactly as you do in your main system but I found a workaround to use reamote just for N4 & Ebony aux effects (reverbs, delay etc). Even only this, which works perfect for me, it's a huge cpu saver for my main computer by using some of the finest reverbs in my daily works on the 2nd machine.
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Cupwise new reverbs release - Dual Tube Driven Springs.
Dual Springs- Depth Xpander & JVC | Cupwise FX

Two tube-driven spring reverb units were extensively sampled for this library. The first has a degree of notoriety and was marketed for use in home stereo systems, and people even had them in their cars, to apply some reverb to the music they played on their system. It’s mono and is said to have been used by King Tubby in his dub mixes. The unit itself is really just a tube amp for driving a spring tank. The second unit was aimed at the same market, but actually contains the springs inside the case, with the tube amp. This one is stereo.
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
AMS Neve 88RS console.
What’s your favorite Nebula comp for urban kick drums?
Old 16th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
What’s your favorite Nebula comp for urban kick drums?
Tim P's Opto 3A for anything low, such as 808ish or 909ish, it will do what the hardware does down to 20 db of control and maintain the body still, pretty amazing for software.

For anything tight I'll start with Tim P's transient library and most of the time as if I control the knock right I don't usually need any compression.

If I desire tight kick compression as I feel the need to change the kick...... Opto 3A, an Acqua, or hardware.
Old 16th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Cupwise new reverbs release - Dual Tube Driven Springs.
Dual Springs- Depth Xpander & JVC | Cupwise FX
Sounds amazing...and what a fantastic demo video too, exactly how it should be done! Kudos, will be buying.
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
For anything tight I'll start with Tim P's transient library

Are u referring to the Shape Modifier or TNT dynamics?

Thanks
Old 16th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are u referring to the Shape Modifier or TNT dynamics?

Thanks
Tim's amazing Shape Modifier transient control, it's the best transient control
in software IMHO, and really is an amazing tool on kicks, snare, and toms.
Old 16th February 2019
Speaking of Tim P., any beta news regarding the R*A B*** Compressor library.
Old 17th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
I hate to be that guy back in school that first asks for a cigarette and then once one is provided... promptly asks for a lighter as well but... haha

Would you or one of these fine individuals explain the steps, or point me to an online resource on how to do this? Eg. do I rename a copy of the n4 xml "n4 reverb"? etc. I'm unsure of all the steps and can't seem to find my old notes.

Thanks in advance you guys are amazing resources!!
There's actually an N4 Setups manual well hidden on this page:

Acustica N4 Setups Manual Page

Just scroll down to System Requirements and you'll notice that next to it is a tab called Download Overviews. Click that tab you'll get access to the N4 Setups Manual pdf.
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Nut

Just experienced MFC on every track at 96k instead of 44 for the first time. (For those of you who haven’t tried it or may not think it’s worth it.)

It is.
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Tim's amazing Shape Modifier transient control, it's the best transient control
in software IMHO, and really is an amazing tool on kicks, snare, and toms.
Was skeptical (bc I have 3 other algo transient shapers) but bought and glad I did. Thank you.
Old 17th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Was skeptical (bc I have 3 other algo transient shapers) but bought and glad I did. Thank you.
I have 5 other transient plugs myself, and IMHO Tim's is by far the best for drums. I'm glad it surpassed your expectations, but that's all due to Tim P and his Nebula Jedi skills.
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompower9 View Post
Speaking of Tim P., any beta news regarding the R*A B*** Compressor library.
Tim P is in silent killer mode. LOL I haven't heard from him in a couple weeks. Actually, right after I sent him some samples of my Summit 100 compressor. I'm sure that he's working extremely hard to get the RCA compressor sounding great, as none of us own the actual hardware to compare - which means that we will probably be getting betas closer to release. In December, he told me that it's already crazy good and is his best to date, so we'll see soon, hopefully.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I have 5 other transient plugs myself, and IMHO Tim's is by far the best for drums. I'm glad it surpassed your expectations, but that's all due to Tim P and his Nebula Jedi skills.
THE BEST for drums...you weren't kidding dude. a Nebula must have for sure. Tim is a beast. This completely transformed my latest mix.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just a heads up ...

AlexB will be releasing an Expansion Pack of the S432 EQ library consisting of native 48kHz and 88.2kHz Vectors.

My initial beta-testing [48k] looked solid. I hope to test the 88.2k library tomorrow [which is actually today, but doesn't count till my head hits the pillow].
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

pssst..Try Tim P Blue MU limiter on your drum bus
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

254e Compressor, Focus Comp and 4K crush

does anyone have experience with these and how well they perform ? Looking at purchasing them
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

And..

And what is focus comp emulating ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsareme View Post
And what is focus comp emulating ?
Focusr1te TrakMast3r
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Just a heads up ...

AlexB will be releasing an Expansion Pack of the S432 EQ library consisting of native 48kHz and 88.2kHz Vectors.

My initial beta-testing [48k] looked solid. I hope to test the 88.2k library tomorrow [which is actually today, but doesn't count till my head hits the pillow].
Looks like it's an extra €8 for these vectors, which seems a little strange, or it's the first time I've come across this in nebulaland anyways. I'm happy to pay it, as I'm sure a lot of work went into them, and it's still a bargain at the end of the day. I guess I just wasn't expecting to be charged extra having already bought it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Looks like it's an extra €8 for these vectors, which seems a little strange, or it's the first time I've come across this in nebulaland anyways. I'm happy to pay it, as I'm sure a lot of work went into them, and it's still a bargain at the end of the day. I guess I just wasn't expecting to be charged extra having already bought it.
Think of it as you bought the 44.1Khz and 96Khz library, and he's now offering the 48Khz and 88Khz option for $8 more. I like that I did not have to pay for sample rates I don't use and that he's offering them to those that need them..... for the first time, as I believe these are his first offerings at 48Khz and 88Khz.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Think of it as you bought the 44.1Khz and 96Khz library, and he's now offering the 48Khz and 88Khz option for $8 more. I like that I did not have to pay for sample rates I don't use and that he's offering them to those that need them..... for the first time, as I believe these are his first offerings at 48Khz and 88Khz.
I'm preferring to think of it as just being €48 for the whole thing instead.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
As Will explained ... this is an additional option not usually supplied. Basically to cover Web related expense.

Also, no different than when AlexB UPGRADED an entire Library to a new version, supplying them to previous customers for the same small fee.

Personally, I'm glad that Alex made these [48k, 88.2] native rates available, as S432 has become a main Mastering EQ I call on for a variety of Projects. [as well as others].

Although the N4 internal conversion has not been an issue, having the 'native' rates do allow Projects to load faster [side benefit to the sound].
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I have to admit that I do not like speculations, but in the audio acoustic thread referring to this library of alexb, there is a user who says that there is a suspicion of a new version of nebula, or n5. I personally see this a little confused with the times, since from n3 to n4 several years passed. some information to the respect ?? it is necessary to emphasize that alexb does not deny the information to n5, suspicious ??
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amparitoo View Post
I have to admit that I do not like speculations, but in the audio acoustic thread referring to this library of alexb, there is a user who says that there is a suspicion of a new version of nebula, or n5. I personally see this a little confused with the times, since from n3 to n4 several years passed. some information to the respect ?? it is necessary to emphasize that alexb does not deny the information to n5, suspicious ??
I don't expect N5 for a few more years at the earliest, and Alex is not even a part of N4 in any way so I doubt he has any real info about Nebula development at this time.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I understand that alexb is not part of n4, nor the unwrapping of AA. luck we have of him and tim and cupwise for n4, but we would be dead, and I am surprised that AA does not bet more for these desenvolupadores, since they make libraries without the new acqua technology, and continue with NAT3 technology. If I'm wrong or you do not agree to expose it. For my AA it is very good in platform, but third parties do some infarction libraries.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
As Will explained ... this is an additional option not usually supplied. Basically to cover Web related expense.

Also, no different than when AlexB UPGRADED an entire Library to a new version, supplying them to previous customers for the same small fee.

Personally, I'm glad that Alex made these [48k, 88.2] native rates available, as S432 has become a main Mastering EQ I call on for a variety of Projects. [as well as others].

Although the N4 internal conversion has not been an issue, having the 'native' rates do allow Projects to load faster [side benefit to the sound].
I had requested these from him, since I personally think the src in nebula is too crappy to use in a mastering context. So if I got a project at 88.2 I couldn’t use these libraries which was a bummer. I’m really really glad he did it, and for such a cheap fee.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amparitoo View Post
I understand that alexb is not part of n4, nor the unwrapping of AA. luck we have of him and tim and cupwise for n4, but we would be dead, and I am surprised that AA does not bet more for these desenvolupadores, since they make libraries without the new acqua technology, and continue with NAT3 technology. If I'm wrong or you do not agree to expose it. For my AA it is very good in platform, but third parties do some infarction libraries.
When AA developed Nat4 for for Nebula 4 they decided to develop the Aquarius platform so anyone could demo and sell N4 libraries there with AA getting a % of sales for the first time. All the older developers were offered this but most refused, AITB being the lone older dev to sign up. AA has allowed the older unofficial dev's to keep making Nebula libraries under Nat3 and I predict when N5 does come around none of the Nat3 libraries will work with it, but only time will tell.

IMHO it is fair for AA to ask for a license fee for their IP.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search