The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Yes, and I love it.

Try this neat Y-E1010 trick for some fantastic sounding fat snares.....
Take any snare, run it through the short delay, turn up the wet, turn up the delay time to 300 so that there is one snare delay hit only off the original snare. Render that for a few seconds. Now cut out the delayed snare and use that on the song in place of the original snare. It will sound very un-digital and very 90's MPC 60-ish, so yummy, almost like you ran the original snare through an analogue Moog filter.
If you do not mind, could you lay out at least one example? I wonder how it sounds.
Old 10th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacan View Post
If you do not mind, could you lay out at least one example?
I gave out the recipe, but you gotta make the meal yourself, lol. It was a little trick for anyone with the Y-E1010 library to test out for themselves. If you are not willing to experiment, don't own the library, or love bright crispy digital snares, then it's not the trick for you. To each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacan View Post
I wonder how it sounds.
As I wrote, it will sound very un-digital and very 90's MPC 60-ish, so yummy, almost like you ran the original snare through an analogue Moog filter.

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 10th February 2019 at 04:39 PM..
Old 10th February 2019
Here for the gear

N4 reverb settings

My computer died awhile back. Now I'm re-installing all my nebula programs, but I can't seem to find the proper setting anywhere online for setting up N4 for reverbs. Can anyone share the settings I should change in N4 to help run my reverbs smoother?
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Something dubby-tubby coming up soon ..
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
My computer died awhile back. Now I'm re-installing all my nebula programs, but I can't seem to find the proper setting anywhere online for setting up N4 for reverbs. Can anyone share the settings I should change in N4 to help run my reverbs smoother?
I asked the same question few weeks ago.i found that the best setting for reverb is to make a setup with buffersize 4096.i saw a big improvement!
Someone else suggested more settings but
i realised that only the buffersize is an acceptable setting from all developers
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Nut

Hybrid approach question: What would happen if you were to run your tracks through one of the Alex B Console emulations and then also run your tracks through a real analog desk afterwards? Too much saturation or no? Do any of you do this?
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
Hybrid approach question: What would happen if you were to run your tracks through one of the Alex B Console emulations and then also run your tracks through a real analog desk afterwards? Too much saturation or no? Do any of you do this?
Can't see why anyone would do that. When you work on a console you get to know its sound and how to get the most from it. Adding plugins that emulate the gear you're actually using wouldn't make much sense.

That's not to say it wouldn't work, as such, it's more of a question of why.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Kinda like using Nebula as tracking stage and simulating running everything through a Neve or SSL stage then mixing down via an API The Box console? Yeah, I do that but I don't do an Alex B console, but I do use Nebula preamps on most VSTi created tracks for color..... I say if it sounds good then it is good, trust your ears.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Can't see why anyone would do that. When you work on a console you get to know its sound and how to get the most from it. Adding plugins that emulate the gear you're actually using wouldn't make much sense.

That's not to say it wouldn't work, as such, it's more of a question of why.
Maybe you are doing the color of one console via Nebula to simulate a console tracking stage, then you mix with another hardware console. I've been doing Nebula for Neve thickness and then mixing API hardware for punch and attitude with great results.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe you are doing the color of one console via Nebula to simulate a console tracking stage, then you mix with another hardware console. I've been doing Nebula for Neve thickness and then mixing API hardware for punch and attitude with great results.
Good point, for some reason I assumed he/she meant using the same emulation as the console, e.g. 4K desk and 4KC AlexB.

How's that API treating you? :¬)
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Good point, for some reason I assumed he/she meant using the same emulation as the console, e.g. 4K desk and 4KC AlexB.

I already went through the liberty of running all stems through the MFC. Just got an opportunity to use a real SSL desk for final mix.

I listened to both sessions in the room, one was my MFC prints/Moog renders and the other was just my dry stems.

All I’m saying is I’m like 60-70% there MFC alone! No EQ, no panning. Just good leveling, Solid arrangement.

I could go backwards to go forward. Or I could rock with both!
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Bet it sounds awesome.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Clean and punchy.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:

Not sure what MFC is modeling but it’s damn good. At first I was all about the N81 but after sitting with both this one seems to work best for me.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bet it sounds awesome.
It's actually cleaner than I prefer, but I love being able to drive a mix into it for more attitude, which can't be done easily in a DAW.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not sure what MFC is modeling but it’s damn good.
AMS Neve 88RS console.
Old 11th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stergios T. View Post
I asked the same question few weeks ago.i found that the best setting for reverb is to make a setup with buffersize 4096.i saw a big improvement!
Someone else suggested more settings but
i realised that only the buffersize is an acceptable setting from all developers
I hate to be that guy back in school that first asks for a cigarette and then once one is provided... promptly asks for a lighter as well but... haha

Would you or one of these fine individuals explain the steps, or point me to an online resource on how to do this? Eg. do I rename a copy of the n4 xml "n4 reverb"? etc. I'm unsure of all the steps and can't seem to find my old notes.

Thanks in advance you guys are amazing resources!!
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
I hate to be that guy back in school that first asks for a cigarette and then once one is provided... promptly asks for a lighter as well but... haha

Would you or one of these fine individuals explain the steps, or point me to an online resource on how to do this? Eg. do I rename a copy of the n4 xml "n4 reverb"? etc. I'm unsure of all the steps and can't seem to find my old notes.

Thanks in advance you guys are amazing resources!!
Read up on the 'built-in', N4 SETUPS, where you can create as many custom N4's for whatever Library or combination you want/need.
Old 11th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Read up on the 'built-in', N4 SETUPS, where you can create as many custom N4's for whatever Library or combination you want/need.
Thank you so much! I will.
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

I was going to put this in a new thread but thought it would be more useful to Nebula 4 users here. I ran across this idea in another thread on gearslutz although the user was using Vienna software instead of Reaper. I seem to mostly have CPU issues when mixing when I use Nebula reverbs. So I read idea of offloading the reverb to another workstation using Dante Via (and Dante Soundcard on the second PC). After some testing and tweaking I found it works really well when using Reaper with the Reainsert plugin and using the sends and returns through Dante Via to my second workstation which is also running a copy of Reaper where I have the Cupwise reverbs loaded as inserts. I did experience some stuttering on a few of his reverbs until I changed the dspbuffers to 4096 which resolved the problem. Of course the real drawback to this setup will be with rendering where I will have to do a live record of the reverb tracks before a final render. But it's still nice to mix now without having to upgrade my PC once again. Just wanted to pass this along as a possible solution if anyone finds themselves in the same scenario.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by martman22 View Post
I was going to put this in a new thread but thought it would be more useful to Nebula 4 users here. I ran across this idea in another thread on gearslutz although the user was using Vienna software instead of Reaper. I seem to mostly have CPU issues when mixing when I use Nebula reverbs. So I read idea of offloading the reverb to another workstation using Dante Via (and Dante Soundcard on the second PC). After some testing and tweaking I found it works really well when using Reaper with the Reainsert plugin and using the sends and returns through Dante Via to my second workstation which is also running a copy of Reaper where I have the Cupwise reverbs loaded as inserts. I did experience some stuttering on a few of his reverbs until I changed the dspbuffers to 4096 which resolved the problem. Of course the real drawback to this setup will be with rendering where I will have to do a live record of the reverb tracks before a final render. But it's still nice to mix now without having to upgrade my PC once again. Just wanted to pass this along as a possible solution if anyone finds themselves in the same scenario.
What about just using Reapers own Reamote to offload processing to another computer?
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
What about just using Reapers own Reamote to offload processing to another computer?
I´m doing exactly this for my N4 reverbs! Great workflow.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
I´m doing exactly this for my N4 reverbs! Great workflow.
Yeah same when I’ve got a heavy mix, works flawlessly. Never tried but think you can setup multiple computers to offload too, is that right? Might utilise a laptop too
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I plan to do this also. Reaper is so damn good!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah same when I’ve got a heavy mix, works flawlessly. Never tried but think you can setup multiple computers to offload too, is that right? Might utilise a laptop too
Should they be connected directly by cross-network cable or should they simply be connected in the same network?
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Should they be connected directly by cross-network cable or should they simply be connected in the same network?
Mine just on same network switch but I guess x-over cable best.

Reaper devs on their forum have been asking if people still want reamote as they’ thinking of discontinuing it so maybe worth putting up a fight to keep it
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Mine just on same network switch but I guess x-over cable best.

Reaper devs on their forum have been asking if people still want reamote as they’ thinking of discontinuing it so maybe worth putting up a fight to keep it
Please, write the link, all AA users should ask who does not leave it!
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Please, write the link, all AA users should ask who does not leave it!
ReaMote + REAPER - Cockos Incorporated Forums
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks, I've already written.

I think everyone who uses it should write!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
That’s the one, I haven’t caught up with it recently so will read through again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search