The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 4th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Yes, and I love it.

Try this neat Y-E1010 trick for some fantastic sounding fat snares.....
Take any snare, run it through the short delay, turn up the wet, turn up the delay time to 300 so that there is one snare delay hit only off the original snare. Render that for a few seconds. Now cut out the delayed snare and use that on the song in place of the original snare. It will sound very un-digital and very 90's MPC 60-ish, so yummy, almost like you ran the original snare through an analogue Moog filter.
Dude! That is awesome! Definitely going to give that a try! I'm always chasing that MPC sound itb.
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Head

Woah yeah I totally gotta try that Y-E1010 trick, cool
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Maniac

CX20 Spring Reverb (formerly Bee X20) - UPDATE, new skins!
On sale now: CX20 Spring Reverb | Cupwise FX

Full update list:

*'rebranded' the name of the library to CX20, from BeeX20.

*great new skins for both N3 and N4 by Max (who also did the awesome Plates of Legend skins).

*dynamics have been tweaked a bit. the release time for the detector sidechain has been made a little faster, and the detector uses a little more feedback. i just think this works and sounds a little better (it's pretty subtle though).

*programs have been moved to new categories in nebula, to the CS9 and CS4 subcategories. CS=Cupwise Springs. this is where all of my other spring reverb libraries are currently organized, so they're all bunched together. if you want to try lots of different spring reverbs really quickly and have several of my spring libraries, you can!

*harmonics have had their coding optimized a bit in the non-bionic, full programs. this may lower cpu use just a little.

*harmonic levels have been increased, to match hardware closer.

*lite programs shortened to 5seconds length, to improve CPU usage some. you can notice this with less dampened settings, if you have a relatively solo'd track with the reverb tail fading out prominently. but usually it's not too noticeable and shouldn't really ruin the effect (and it has no effect at all for dampened settings with reverb lengths already under 5 seconds anyway). of course the idea is that when you're ready to render you'll switch over to full, and there you'll have the complete reverb tail.

*full programs have had harmonic kerns shortened in some cases, which should improve CPU usage and doesn't hurt the quality of the programs.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Presets file?

I want to take a back up of my N4 presets and settings.which file should i back up?
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stergios T. View Post
I want to take a back up of my N4 presets and settings.which file should i back up?
All of them lol! I normally just back up the entire Nebula folder, good practice to do this regularly i think.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Maniac

The King of Spring!
Small video, showing the lush and luxurious sound of updated Cupwise CX-20 spring reverb, and new skins for N4 and N3 in action.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
The King of Spring!
Wow, that sounds incredible
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah that's nice. Purchase imminent
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
All of them lol! I normally just back up the entire Nebula folder, good practice to do this regularly i think.
i guess that it is not the best method i cannot copy and back up 100 gigabytes everytime...
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
i guess that it is not the best method i cannot copy and back up 100 gigabytes everytime...
we are in 2019, an external 2tb hard drive has the same price as 10 beers!
Old 7th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Have you tried the latest updated C660 and Flucti Mew? They're great mixbus compressors (1-3dB).

Having said that, I use AlexB more for console tones and whatnot and TimP for compression.

Both are great with tape.
Yes, C660 bought back in March 2013, but then it was of little use as a compressor. Only after final update, it returns to mixbus as main master comp along with Flucti)
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
we are in 2019, an external 2tb hard drive has the same price as 10 beers!
This is not my point..
All the files remain the same except for the file i asked for.its time waste.if someone knows which file contains N4 presets ,ot d be very helpful.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is not my point..
All the files remain the same except for the file i asked for.its time waste.if someone knows which file contains N4 presets ,ot d be very helpful.
Aren't all relevant files at nebula4temprepository? Maybe I am not understanding correctly what you want to backup. Vectors can be backed up separate to save space if that is a concern.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

In my nebula experience. EVERY program I keep in a separate folder on a secondary SSD.

So I have a folder called nebula programs > Lunchpail or Whatever the unit is and inside nebula I add the alternative data folder.

Once every few month I back up the nebula programs folder. The ONLY thing that I tamper with in the repository is for the skins and that’s IT!

Even all my aquas are N4 also so I don’t waste HD space going from PROTOOLS To s1 or reaper or Cubase.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is not my point..
Everything N4 is located in your nebula4temprepository and your VST folder you assigned when loading Nebula. If you spend a little time and search those spots you'll find your presets to back up.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
In my nebula experience. EVERY program I keep in a separate folder on a secondary SSD.

So I have a folder called nebula programs > Lunchpail or Whatever the unit is and inside nebula I add the alternative data folder.

Once every few month I back up the nebula programs folder. The ONLY thing that I tamper with in the repository is for the skins and that’s IT!

Even all my aquas are N4 also so I don’t waste HD space going from PROTOOLS To s1 or reaper or Cubase.

N4 has presets.its different than programs.as usual presets are selection of programs.i spent many hours selecting those presets and i want just to update Just those presets,not all nebula-aqua files!
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Ask on their Facebook page. I don’t go ****ing with presets for nebula at all. I use the daws presets system.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
Ask on their Facebook page. I don’t go ****ing with presets for nebula at all. I use the daws presets system.

it is very useful cause you can categorize your favorite progarams in N4!

i found the solution:

''Q: How to save N4 Finder settings which includes my Presets etc?
A: Backup the N4.Settings file (located in Nebula4 folder) just in case anything goes wrong with N4 settings. ''
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
On a mac the presets are saved in Users>.....>Library>Audio>Presets>Acustica>N4 Don't know about PC. If you have a PC i would search a preset title and then 'open in folder' or whatever the PC equivalent is.
Old 8th February 2019
Just used some TimP compression yesterday on a beautiful female vocal and it was not the Opto32 that won for me, but still the sum100. It was definitely the smoothest I could get, also sounded much nicer then El Rey. That was one finding. The other one was that I used TNT on a drum room and it didn't even get close to the new Softube dyna-mite, which just sounds absolute killer.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Addict

Are you saying that the softube TNT won out over Tim's Nebula version??
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Just used some TimP compression yesterday on a beautiful female vocal and it was not the Opto32 that won for me, but still the sum100. It was definitely the smoothest I could get, also sounded much nicer then El Rey. That was one finding. The other one was that I used TNT on a drum room and it didn't even get close to the new Softube dyna-mite, which just sounds absolute killer.
TimPs Sum100 is my goto compressor for vocals, its usually Sum100 and then another one depending on sound that i need. (try Sum100 + Cupwise C660 if you didnt already )
I like Opto for back vocals or to glue main vocal with back vocals.

I was also not impressed with TNT but as i heard demos it sounds close to hardware, people say that hardware also has specific learning curve.
Have you listened to Tims advice?
Tip- If using fast attack and release you wish to reduce compression distortion (found in hardware too), simply use a slow attack and bigger Look ahead values to compensate.
Old 8th February 2019
Here for the gear

Hey guys!
Does anyone have TELE_ELA_M_270 microphone from HenryO in 96?

I use it from free All You Can Eat pack. But it only in 44.1

And that's the problem. Some old his libs does not have GDRV fader at 96 and 192 version, but have in 44.1, which is a later/modified release.

So, if anyone have that miсe in 96, dose it have GDRV slider?

Because it is no longer possible to separately buy this microphone from official page at 96, and only way, to buy whole "All You Can Eat" pack in 96, which i don't need and do not want to buy the old version of that mice. And before buying it, I want to be sure that there is a new "GDRV" version
Old 8th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Are you saying that the softube TNT won out over Tim's Nebula version??
Hi V4nger, yes, that's what I am saying. And not only by a little, but by a mile. At least that's what I heard. More mojo, more fatness, more excitement. But it was the updated Softube version of the plug. Maybe I am doing something wrong with TNT but I don't think so. It was properly gain staged etc.
Old 8th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiv View Post
TimPs Sum100 is my goto compressor for vocals, its usually Sum100 and then another one depending on sound that i need. (try Sum100 + Cupwise C660 if you didnt already )
I like Opto for back vocals or to glue main vocal with back vocals.

I was also not impressed with TNT but as i heard demos it sounds close to hardware, people say that hardware also has specific learning curve.
Have you listened to Tims advice?
Tip- If using fast attack and release you wish to reduce compression distortion (found in hardware too), simply use a slow attack and bigger Look ahead values to compensate.
Thanks for your answer maiv,
I will try Sum100 together with C660 for sure. And Opto32 for BGVs.
And I will try Tim's advice...
Cheers, Geret
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Hi V4nger, yes, that's what I am saying. And not only by a little, but by a mile. At least that's what I heard. More mojo, more fatness, more excitement. But it was the updated Softube version of the plug. Maybe I am doing something wrong with TNT but I don't think so. It was properly gain staged etc.
ST have upped their game recently. If they bring the whole product line to their top standard they'll be a serious presence.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
The King of Spring!
Small video, showing the lush and luxurious sound of updated Cupwise CX-20 spring reverb, and new skins for N4 and N3 in action.
WOW - thanks for that. Sounds incredible (!). I actually have the earlier version - this sounds improved to my ears... off to download update now.

Thanks a lot to Cupwise for the continued developments and updates (!)
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

Are we discussing 3rd party Acqua libraries (Osaka, Copper, Pureteq, etc.) here in the Nebula thread (as N4 is required and is the engine that drives them), or over on the Acqua thread (as they are Acqua libraries that behave more like Acqua plugs)?
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Are we discussing 3rd party Acqua libraries (Osaka, Copper, Pureteq, etc.) here in the Nebula thread (as N4 is required and is the engine that drives them), or over on the Acqua thread (as they are Acqua libraries that behave more like Acqua plugs)?
As they are Nebula libraries IMHO they should be discussed here.
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
As they are Nebula libraries IMHO they should be discussed here.

I tend to agree as there’s no decent argument for discussing Mantis in the Acqua thread, and it would be weird to discuss Mantis here and Henry there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search