The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arseny View Post
Acoustic band, folk pop, a song tempo 88bpm
Drums, acoustic bass, a bright acoustic guitar, upright piano, male bariton voice and some BVs.

Only Nebula (coz I became Nebuloid)

What would you use, friends?
Which Line ins, preamps, eqs, comps, consoles, reverbs, everything... but don’t forget: Nebula only :-)
I think you might get more focused assistance if you can relate what direction you want to take the mix. Provide some adjectives or reference tracks that you like to listen to.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

New SoundDrops EQ bundle inbound. PURETEQ.

Excited to try this one! It's in the new products coming soon section.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
I think you might get more focused assistance if you can relate what direction you want to take the mix. Provide some adjectives or reference tracks that you like to listen to.
Good idea, Asher Bay

maybe something like this:
YouTube
YouTube
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arseny View Post
Good idea, Asher Bay

maybe something like this:
YouTube
YouTube
for this sound i would try first:

AlexB German mastering console (1st video) or Rupert Console (2nd video)

AlexB Preamp color suite - preamps for every channel depending on color that i want, mostly old ones (n73, ssl, siemens, emi)

Compressors - TimP - Opto 3a, 100a, bluemu, u76 - Cupwise - C254E, maybe C660 for vocal

Eqs - TimP - Blue 1102 - AlexB -S432

Maybe I would not need all those compressors, but i don't know till i hear recorded signal ;-)
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Head

After reading so many positive comments about Tim P, I'm proud to share that I had the pleasure of working with him on his latest OPTO 3A revision, which includes a more in depth 2A model. Not trying to stir hype, while it's in its last beta stage, but I have a pair of the original hardware units and he has come closer than any compressor recreations ITB. To me, it sounds like a hardware insert, quite literally! I've heard similar behavior before with his older comps, pres and tape libraries, but this is his "best to date" and on another level of dimension. The level of detail and the sound of physical compression has me in awe! Hopefully, this will be out very soon for all to experience!
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon1st View Post
After reading so many positive comments about Tim P, I'm proud to share that I had the pleasure of working with him on his latest OPTO 3A revision, which includes a more in depth 2A model. Not trying to stir hype, while it's in its last beta stage, but I have a pair of the original hardware units and he has come closer than any compressor recreations ITB. To me, it sounds like a hardware insert, quite literally! I've heard similar behavior before with his older comps, pres and tape libraries, but this is his "best to date" and on another level of dimension. The level of detail and the sound of physical compression has me in awe! Hopefully, this will be out very soon for all to experience!
Amazing - been waiting for this!
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Waiting for this and BA6A! Opto 3a v3 is allready great but everybody in Neb/Acqua land waits for proper LA2A.
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Amazing - been waiting for this!
Peace, b0se! I read a lot of your positive comments on many threads! Smart man, you.

When it comes to waiting for it... me too. LOL He selected me to test last minute, and hopefully I was successful at assisting in getting it to the next level. I was hard on him, but he didn't complain because he was harder on himself! LOL This thing went through many stages and transformations, even with his new template making things a bit more easier to tweak! Both, the attack and release are frequency dependent. This is was the most difficult part of modeling, to my knowledge. This makes it sound more like the hardware. There's a freq dependence knob, just like the hardware that I'm sure Tim P will explain more about. Most likely he will release publicly, before the end of this month, but lots of problems can happen while in beta, so we'll see. My fingers are crossed!

I just wanted to share his latest, from an honest place, guys. Peace!
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiv View Post
Waiting for this and BA6A! Opto 3a v3 is allready great but everybody in Neb/Acqua land waits for proper LA2A.
You're in for a surprise with OPTO2a...oops...I mean OPTO3a. LOL Tim has a trick up his sleeve with the BA6 and I haven't gotten my hands on that yet, but I'm sure that it's nothing short of pure brilliance!
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the info!! Have you got a pair of LA3As or LA2As?
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
Thanks for the info!! Have you got a pair of LA3As or LA2As?
A pair of original matched Urei LA3As and a single UA LA2A reissue from the early 2000s. Both were required for this library.
Old 20th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
A pair of original matched Urei LA3As and a single UA LA2A reissue from the early 2000s. Both were required for this library.
Nice!!

Just looked at the JPN Skins again and it seems the preamp now has 2a and 3a settings, I missed that when I originally looked! So it seems the new Opto V3 will be both an LA2A and LA3A?? Not sure how the release times differ but super excited for this one!!
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
Nice!!

Just looked at the JPN Skins again and it seems the preamp now has 2a and 3a settings, I missed that when I originally looked! So it seems the new Opto V3 will be both an LA2A and LA3A?? Not sure how the release times differ but super excited for this one!!
wow, totally exited for Opto3A(2A) upgrade more than ever
i hope the 2A preset also have the 2A box tone, that would be amazing
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wonderful news.
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Peace, b0se! I read a lot of your positive comments on many threads! Smart man, you.

When it comes to waiting for it... me too. LOL He selected me to test last minute, and hopefully I was successful at assisting in getting it to the next level. I was hard on him, but he didn't complain because he was harder on himself! LOL This thing went through many stages and transformations, even with his new template making things a bit more easier to tweak! Both, the attack and release are frequency dependent. This is was the most difficult part of modeling, to my knowledge. This makes it sound more like the hardware. There's a freq dependence knob, just like the hardware that I'm sure Tim P will explain more about. Most likely he will release publicly, before the end of this month, but lots of problems can happen while in beta, so we'll see. My fingers are crossed!

I just wanted to share his latest, from an honest place, guys. Peace!
Ah man, can't wait to get my hands on it! Thanks for sharing.
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Head

Don't know if I'm authorized to say, but....yes, the 2A was sampled and modeled in most aspects. Clipper, Pre, Attack/Release. 2 in 1 . Both, the 2a and 3a nearly null with my hardware, which they were tweaked and sampled from, but may have included many more samples he had years prior. However, they sound identical. I put them through brutal tests for weeks, until he made a breakthrough. He's extremely passionate about his work, and I hope it shows. The 2a bonus was an accidental influence I had on him, because it was sounding no where near my hardware 2a! LOL He then set out to do the work and to include it as a bonus library. Don't quote me on this, but the "bonus" may have took more time than the actual 3a library! LOL Go figure! Ha! So, in short....we have our FIRST 2A recreation in Nebula land and it's accurate - from the nonlinear ratio, nl attack, nl release character and other nl **** that I he didn't educate me on! LOL

I'll let the release of these non linear compressors speak for itself and I'll shut my big ass mouth, until then! Peace, guys!
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear
I have so much respect for Tim and certain other Devs that I would be happy to pay for the 2A as a separate library. The more support we give them, the more stuff we get back.

Maybe not a popular view but so be it.
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Maniac

Cupwise - Plates of Legend vol. III "Gold Plated"
Updated + On sale now.

A (stereo) gold foil plate reverb was used to make the programs in this library. They’re smaller than the more well known model plates used in parts I and II of this series, and said to sound darker. I think the reverb you get from this library is slightly darker than the stereo plates sampled for parts I and II, but not as dark as the mono ones. In my opinion this one is much ‘smoother’ than any of the previous plates too. It definitely sounds unique, but you can hear it for yourself by downloading and trying out the demo program.

Update info:
*NEW SKINS! There are new skins for both N4 and N3.
*I made a subtle change to the dynamic behavior. Programs used to kind of 'stick' at the loudest sampled steps after a loud input, for way too long (super slow release). Now the release is a little faster so the dynamics are a bit more... dynamic, after loud sounds. Probably nobody will actually notice this change in action though, including me. It's pretty subtle.
*I cropped the reverb tails down to 5 seconds for all lite programs, while adding about a half second fade out at the end. Now they use even less CPU. I don't think it's very noticeable at normal levels, but the whole point of the lite programs is to not have full quality while using less CPU.
*Harmonics were increased in level to be closer to the hardware.
*Optimized the harmonics using a method I've been using lately, which improves CPU use a little more. Programs should also load faster and use less RAM.
*Made dynamics slightly more feedback detector based. Not going to explain exactly why, but it's based on my personal beliefs that it produces the most authentic results with reverbs.
*Fixed an issue with the dynamics in the Golden Bionic program. Actually, the problem was in the vector. If you ran a tone at a steady volume level into that program, you could see the volume increase for the first few seconds, slowly. It wasn't supposed to do that, so now it doesn't. The plate reverb produced from higher level inputs inputs could just get louder and louder, which wasn't good. Fixed.
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
I have so much respect for Tim and certain other Devs that I would be happy to pay for the 2A as a separate library. The more support we give them, the more stuff we get back.

Maybe not a popular view but so be it.
I`ll go and buy one or two more TimP libs as a thanks for the upgrade when the new version of opto3A is released

Thats a total win win
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
I`ll go and buy one or two more TimP libs as a thanks for the upgrade when the new version of opto3A is released

Thats a total win win
That's total respect, man. Cheers to that!

Edit: Update: Just found out that OPTO 3A V3 will not be a free upgrade. I respect it though. Lots of months put into the library. Peace.
Old 21st January 2019
Gear Addict

Ooooo, sounds good!

So much value in the nebula universe.
Old 22nd January 2019
Quote:

Edit: Update: Just found out that OPTO 3A V3 will not be a free upgrade. I respect it though. Lots of months put into the library. Peace.
Dude!!! Stop spilling the beans before we're done lol
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Defiantly a free upgrade, I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

I think the new version is called Opto 32a
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post

You're too kind Tim! I'd be happy to pay for the upgrade, and if not I'll also donate something as thanks.
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post

When’s the release date Tim?
Any dates for your new comp everyone is talking about too?
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
Dude!!! Stop spilling the beans before we're done lol
Okay, okay. LOL There was a misunderstanding, clearly. My fault, guys. I'll let Tim P do the honors in discussing things further. Peace.
Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Head

question about an older nebula program:

Using R2R for a studer a800 program.

Should Tapeboost nebula instance go before or after the R2R tape instance of nebula?

From a google search it seems like the consensus is tape first then tapeboost.

Not sure it makes sense but I like the way tapeboost sounds before R2R on my tracks, but i like the way it sounds after the R2r on my master bus

Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Maniac

According to the dev, it's r2r, then tapebooster (and then vtm-m2, which is no Nebula program, but another plugin from CDS) to get the closest to the sampled gear. Of course no one is stopping you to do whatever you feel sounds best
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Little teaser-guess-test
TimP's (new) OPTO vs LA2A: WeTransfer
x1 = LA2A
x2 = tim?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Personally I like LA2A more, I feel the sound more open / deep. The x1 is more compressed, maybe that causes the sound to close more.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search