The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 6th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Just compared Ebony (verb only) and TimP's VBP in N4.

VBP: 0.0 to 0.3% (0.3 is a peak, it's usually at 0.0!)
Ebony: 1.1% (consistently)

OSX (hackintosh) via Reaper.
Ebony verb is only 1.1% (which is very,very low imo) but the Ebony strip (100%) overpowers your system?
Old 6th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser View Post
Ebony verb is only 1.1% (which is very,very low imo) but the Ebony strip (100%) overpowers your system?
Yes, when using Bitwig. Bitwig and AA don't get along (at all). Moving to Reaper and tested on that.
Old 6th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser View Post
Hi,
I also bought T Tape which is -to my surprise- a really different tape sound to owned J37 and Taupe.

As you also mention ATE by AlexB and have alll the other Tape plugins as well:
Where does the ATE fit into all these other tapes?
Again, completely different and therefore a 'must' addition when having the other ones already?... just trying to find a reason not to spend another 40 € as I'm interested also in S432 and TMS and BP1 by AlexB :o)

Thanks!!!
Alex B's TMS: YouTube
Old 6th January 2019
Lives for gear

Lynn at Sweetwater posted a HW/SW Pultec comparison the other day. Decided to put TimP's Dual Tech and AA's Purple & Ruby2 up against my favourite hardware version (the Pulse).

Blind shootout files here if you're interested: Pultec Shootout with Sound Samples
Old 6th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Lynn at Sweetwater posted a HW/SW Pultec comparison the other day. Decided to put TimP's Dual Tech and AA's Purple & Ruby2 up against my favourite hardware version (the Pulse).

Blind shootout files here if you're interested: Pultec Shootout with Sound Samples
very interesting!

Hope someone can also add the Alex B PTeQ Nebula plugin….

And thanks for the TMS link too!
Old 6th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Plates of Legend - world history of plate reverbs captured by Cupwise.
Coming (very) soon with new look and feel!

5 (!) different 14O units with both solid-state and tube amps, one 24O, the Ech[email protected] from 80's and even custom-made plate unit with DIT tube amp.

Waiting for official update news from Tim Wisecup from day to day.
Old 7th January 2019
Gear Nut

Is anyone using N4 player on the latest Windows ?

I had to reinstall it on one of my computer (honestly i didnt know there was a new one… i discovered it too late when i creatad the usb boot with mediatool…) and now n4 player crashes any previous session inside reaper.

I can load it on a new one and it works fine.

Fortunatly my other computers are on 8 and 7 so i have a work around.

Any idea ?
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

Working on a Mastering .... really, a Restoration of a R&B Ballad Track [only copy in existence].

Called up AlexB's new S432-eQ Library.

Keep saying ... this Library is really special.
Took a little bit getting use to the Bandwidth nomenclature [so use to Q-factor]. ... ends up being fine.

Just so nice what can be accomplished with this EQ. A really nice standout are the 10k and 16k SHELFs. Even just a 1/2dB opens the top end of the Mix
in such a smooth, clear way. [of course ... it was way to easy to push those Shelfs much hotter. Still sounded great, but too much of a good thing is still too much.

Combined with Azure, Ivory, SURGE, BRONZE, and now S-432 ... remarkable tools to draw from. Of course, we still have the Purple and/or WHite Eq's [even COBALT].

Still had to do a shout out to AlexB for this superb Library. No wonder the hardware is regarded so favorably. [especially Vintage in pristine condition].

for all the Tubes and Transformers character.
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

432 and Bronze are exceptional. I've not reached for Surge since having them. Don't forget Ruby! Can work wonders on the mixbus/master.

Gullfoss, DynOne and CenterOne are also game changers. A dream for mastering/shaping.
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
432 and Bronze are exceptional. I've not reached for Surge since having them. Don't forget Can work wonders on the mixbus/master.

Gullfoss, DynOne and CenterOne are also game changers. A dream for mastering/shaping.
slow down Ross!! my bank account can’t keep up to you anymore!!! Beginning of the year is looking pretty bleak.... need to make some noise...
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Addict
I wish N4 had a way to A/B presets easily, even between different programs.
I wonder if something like that would be possible by hosting N4 in a VST that could manage presets for it. Something like Slate's rack.
And also building stacks of programs for quick recall. At the moment I am building racks in Ableton and then put them inside audio chains so I can A/B, but it is very time consuming.
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
slow down Ross!! my bank account can’t keep up to you anymore!!! Beginning of the year is looking pretty bleak.... need to make some noise...

Need to slow down myself!
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Addict

What are the differences between N3 and N4? If you do not use the libraries that are included, is it worth changing from N3 to N4?
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I wonder if something like that would be possible by hosting N4 in a VST that could manage presets for it. Something like Slate's rack.
And also building stacks of programs for quick recall. At the moment I am building racks in Ableton and then put them inside audio chains so I can A/B, but it is very time consuming.
I think Nebulaman app is supposed to do this, that’s what’s tempted me to buy it but haven’t yet. Not sure how well it works, anyone use it?
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:

this one is unbelievable.
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Blue Cat PatchWork
Old 8th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
Blue Cat PatchWork
Totally, patchwork in Reaper is awesome, even opens up N4 windows as you had them arranged when saved so you can stack on top of each other. I rename the patchwork fx instance to the N4 library name and save it as an FX chain, works a charm
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

Purchase of DiBiQuadro Brass just put me 0.11 Euros over 750, so my next "keys" discount should be in a higher bracket. A low-CPU intensive, clean channel eq will get a lot of use.
Old 8th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
What are the differences between N3 and N4? If you do not use the libraries that are included, is it worth changing from N3 to N4?
From the Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group :
Quote:
N4 review by Will The Weirdo

The advantages of N4 are......
1. Cleaner sound, especially when chaining 5-10 N4's in a row the sound is a bit more open.
2. Improved workflow, N4 is just better thought out IMHO. The different N4 Skins are another small but important workflow improvement for me.
3. Setups, presets, and parameter editing are now built into N4. No need to dik around with different programs or menu's any more.
4. UPDATES via Aquarius. In the past we had to manually update N3, and most of the updates were not available to all. As of now N4 is current via Aquarius for everyone.
5. Forward compatibility, N3 is the past and as AA keeps moving forward and improving the cores I need my DAW as current as possible.
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
Purchase of DiBiQuadro Brass just put me 0.11 Euros over 750, so my next "keys" discount should be in a higher bracket. A low-CPU intensive, clean channel eq will get a lot of use.
I don't believe the 3rd party releases count towards that total!
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Totally, patchwork in Reaper is awesome, even opens up N4 windows as you had them arranged when saved so you can stack on top of each other. I rename the patchwork fx instance to the N4 library name and save it as an FX chain, works a charm
I would say the only downside to this plugin for me is when you solo/bypass within the chain, the latency gets thrown off. Positives outweigh negatives for me though. This is in Logic X, not sure about other DAWs.
Old 9th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
Bummer, I think you're right. I thought it said "you have purchased from the Acustica website", but now that you mention it I checked again and it says "Acustica products". Oh well, I needed that eq anyway. Guess I'll have to buy some more Acquas.
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabilon View Post
From the Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group :
Thanks, for now I will continue with N3 ..
Old 9th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Thanks, for now I will continue with N3 ..
Just use the free N4 Player to demo the new N4 libraries, it will work next to N3 perfectly.
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
this one is unbelievable.
yep... blame it on @b0se ...
Old 10th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
They just sent me a 30% off discount code which is in the 750-1000 Euros bracket, so it looks like purchases of DiBiQuadro and SoundDrops do count towards your total after all. I was hoping the next discount was 35% though. Does anyone know exactly when the sale is ending?
Old 10th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
They just sent me a 30% off discount code which is in the 750-1000 Euros bracket, so it looks like purchases of DiBiQuadro and SoundDrops do count towards your total after all. I was hoping the next discount was 35% though. Does anyone know exactly when the sale is ending?
Cool!
Old 11th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Anyone know what the latest version of Nebula 3 pro is? I'm at 1.3.903 and AFAIK it's the latest one, but Nebulasetups manual is talking about 1.4.xxx, is this with Nebula 3 server or with Nebula 4 perhaps?
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

@Osse_87 Nebula3 Pro 1.3.903 / SERVER 1.4.009.0
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Addict

Hi.
Iam new ti nebula world and i have some questions.
I ve already read many threads,articles etc regarding nebula but i still don't understand how to create a mono version for some nebula programs that don't have a mono version.i read the Nebula tips and tricks in acustica official facebook page but i got confused.

Is it possible to create a mono N4 setup which can be used with every library-program?
Is it neccessary to do this?what if i insert n4 in a mono track?does it still proccess in stereo with a mono output?
Do i gain in cpu performance with a mono version for mono channels?

-how do you recommend using drive and input in tapes and preamps?

-which are the best options for reducing cpu usage except for making a higher buffersize N4 version?

-is there any quantec reverbs library?

-which are the 3 best tape libraries?(nebula please,not aqua)

-which types of programs- libraries (except compressors of course) make use of the attack-release sliders?

-which finetunings-tunings do you suggest for N4?

Iam looking forward for your answers.thanks
-

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search