The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 22nd December 2018
Gear Nut

Cupwise Tape FX...IMO better than fumbling with tape emu plugs. Cassettes ftw...Sweeeeet sound!

Cassette Deck 1 | Cupwise FX
Old 22nd December 2018
Anyone else had an issue with AlexB's MFC in N4? I just bought it and it's the only library that loads as Init with no controls? any ideas?

Files are in the right folders...

Weird!?!
Old 22nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodistortion View Post
Anyone else had an issue with AlexB's MFC in N4? I just bought it and it's the only library that loads as Init with no controls? any ideas?

Files are in the right folders...

Weird!?!
Have you gone through the auth process for it? It's a pro library if I recall correctly. You have to send Alex a file (automatically generated the first time MFC is loaded), and he sends back the auth file.

The readme has the relevant information.
Old 22nd December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Have you gone through the auth process for it? It's a pro library if I recall correctly. You have to send Alex a file (automatically generated the first time MFC is loaded), and he sends back the auth file.

The readme has the relevant information.
Ahhhhh! ok thanks I'll do that
Old 22nd December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Ahhhhh! ok thanks I'll do that
Make sure you check your spam folder when he sends it off & you’re waiting to receive it.
Old 22nd December 2018
Old 24th December 2018
Guys using Reaper, how do you deal with the added latency while stacking up Nebula instances across the project? Cannot commit on mixbus and subgroups. For instance while using TimP Eq-s on the mixbus where you have to add separate instances for every band and the preamp it becomes extremely noticeable, as in a lag between the audio being played and the playhead.

Last edited by theguitarfreak; 24th December 2018 at 07:28 AM..
Old 24th December 2018
Gear Head

I´m so extremely impressed by both TimP and Cupwise! Especially all of their compressors is (in my mind) superior to everything else in the digital world. The Smack VU is amazing for bass, the C660 is unbelievable on vocals, Lunch pail is working well on everything, the Flucti Mew is outstanding on mastring, the C254 has a great color, , the opto 3A brings out the best on everything, and so on.
Old 24th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarfreak View Post
Guys using Reaper, how do you deal with the added latency while stacking up Nebula instances across the project? Cannot commit on mixbus and subgroups. For instance while using TimP Eq-s on the mixbus where you have to add separate instances for every band and the preamp it becomes extremely noticeable, as in a lag between the audio being played and the playhead.
Freeze function and it’s a quick unfreeze if you need to change anything
Edit: sorry misread part about busses and mixbus

Last edited by tomheavybeats; 24th December 2018 at 04:18 PM..
Old 24th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeUppsala View Post
I´m so extremely impressed by both TimP and Cupwise! Especially all of their compressors is (in my mind) superior to everything else in the digital world. The Smack VU is amazing for bass, the C660 is unbelievable on vocals, Lunch pail is working well on everything, the Flucti Mew is outstanding on mastring, the C254 has a great color, , the opto 3A brings out the best on everything, and so on.
Try TimP's U76 on rock/rap vocals
Old 24th December 2018
Hands down... one of my favourite compressors, versatile.

Old 24th December 2018
Gear Head

Quote:

Yes, another piece that works on everything, I will test it for rock vocals, thanks!
Old 24th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarfreak View Post

Put your Master FX on a pre master bus.

The record monitor path is only affected by plug in it's path so your mix can have the master FX on but your live monitor can be lower latency.

If you get to the stage where this still isn't helping you might the sws script disable all plugs with latency over x.
Old 24th December 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Nice, I bought this and the opto3a during BF... but waiting for next months budget to get N4.. it’s like having the video games already without the gaming system haha.
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Nut

I’m really loving Tokyo Tube EQ on the 2 bus...or anywhere for that matter. Crazy good 3D vibes from just engaging the pre leaving it at zero, 9oclock or like 2oclock. Simple GUI...beautiful sound! one of my new favorite EQs
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear
Anything in Nebula land be it eq or preamp that can get close to mostly Taupe A3 but A2 as well if possible? Trying to pass on Taupe but Ive been relying heavily on these two.
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Anything in Nebula land be it eq or preamp that can get close to mostly Taupe A3 but A2 as well if possible? Trying to pass on Taupe but Ive been relying heavily on these two.
I passed on Taupe as well. If this helps, lately I’m passing on tape plugins all together and using Cupwise’s Tape FX bundles for more of a static tape tone, printing and moving on. low on CPU. Very simple workflow and they really sound amazing. Check them out. Think they were like 11 bucks.

They are cassette emulations, not reel to reel. But provide a Nostalgic factor that I really love (Since I experienced my childhood in the 90s.)
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
I passed on Taupe as well. If this helps, lately I’m passing on tape plugins all together and using Cupwise’s Tape FX bundles for more of a static tape tone, printing and moving on. low on CPU. Very simple workflow and they really sound amazing. Check them out. Think they were like 11 bucks.
Thanks! I will add these to my list of things to try soon. I havent dived into N4 yet since Im trying to skip Taupe to stretch my budget to make N4 possible. Id preferably like to be able to push it for some variable color.
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Id preferably like to be able to push it for some variable color.
had a feeling you would say that!

I meant “static” more in terms of it’s not constantly running in the background. I’m using separate instances of it on each track of an electronic drum kit. They change dynamically based on input and you can drive them individually!

Take the leap to N4! Best choice I’ve ever made
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Nut

What 6db/oct filters are available for N4?
Old 26th December 2018
Gear Maniac

@th3fstaxn TimP X-Filter and Vintage Gyrator smooth enough IMO (not sure they 6db exactly)
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-flt.jpg  
Old 26th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
had a feeling you would say that!

I meant “static” more in terms of it’s not constantly running in the background. I’m using separate instances of it on each track of an electronic drum kit. They change dynamically based on input and you can drive them individually!

Take the leap to N4! Best choice I’ve ever made
Thanks! I'll take this seriously into consideration over the next few days.
Old 26th December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
@th3fstaxn TimP X-Filter and Vintage Gyrator smooth enough IMO (not sure they 6db exactly)
Damn, thanks for doing that. Gonna pick Gyrator up.
Old 26th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Damn, thanks for doing that. Gonna pick Gyrator up.
Yeah. Gyrator is must have for sure.
Old 28th December 2018
AlexB's S9 and W95's are simply 10/10
Old 28th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
AlexB's S9 and W95's are simply 10/10
Yeah the Neumann is great. Not tried the Studer EQ! How does it compare (lows and highs) to the 432? Not tonality - quality.
Old 28th December 2018
Quote:
Yeah the Neumann is great. Not tried the Studer EQ! How does it compare (lows and highs) to the 432? Not tonality - quality.
They're both very high quality, different... not sure what you expect me to say?

432 is clean and super smooth, subtle. Studer sounds slightly more saturated, punchy and crisp. The S9 console (clean with a little drive) is the real gem, for me anyway.
Old 28th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
They're both very high quality, different... not sure what you expect me to say?

432 is clean and super smooth, subtle. Studer sounds slightly more saturated, punchy and crisp. The S9 console (clean with a little drive) is the real gem, for me anyway.
Perfect, thanks. I'll grab S9 tonight, sounds like a good bus/mixing tool.
Old 29th December 2018
Gear Head

How does TimP’s compex compare with Boz digital’s plus 10db compressor?
Old 31st December 2018
...Cupwise Smack VU the Cupwise compressors continue to really impress me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search