The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 20th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post

Another hidden gem from TimP (video shows original HW, but ya know, TimP's sounds just the same)
Very unique spring reverb. It's stereo by design, and not sounds like a spring!
So wide and warm, natural sounding reverb. And it's only £8.00 .. what ?! Crazy)
The Great Spring v2 - Tim Petherick
I've actually retired all my hardware springs because of Nebula. This library is in use all the time. It sounds really similar but better to my Accessit Spring (same manufacturer and period). Springs and Plate translate really well into Nebula, no artificial modulation to worry about I guess! I really like the Furman Spring from Cupwise, long and dark, I've also got this hardware but don't use it anymore.
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post

Another hidden gem from TimP (video shows original HW, but ya know, TimP's sounds just the same)
Very unique spring reverb. It's stereo by design, and not sounds like a spring!
So wide and warm, natural sounding reverb. And it's only £8.00 .. what ?! Crazy)
The Great Spring v2 - Tim Petherick
Impressive! Is there anything from TimP that doesn ´t sound great?
I own most of his eqs and comps, will check out his reverbs, too!
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Impressive! Is there anything from TimP that doesn ´t sound great?
I own most of his eqs and comps, will check out his reverbs, too!
VBP (EMT 140) = must buy.
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Thank you! Will power up the PC again, I have to make some purchases
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I never used the external input of my Moog Grandmother. Have to try that!
Thanks for the tip!
Oooooohhhhhhh, get ready to smile.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Oooooohhhhhhh, get ready to smile.
I sent my Digitakt through the Moog and it almost let me forget it´s a digital device
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
I sent my Digitakt through the Moog and it almost let me forget it´s a digital device
I’ve been running synths and drums through my sub phatty for an awesome crunch. Decapitator gets little to no use nowadays.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Sounds at least as good as Ebony, while it demands 1/20 of the cpu (with Ebony comp and eq off). Impressive!
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Nut

So I'm still deciding.....I'm only picking three. Funky Urban/electronic. Colorful, Big.

MFC?
4kc or 9kc???
Neev81?
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
Anyone fancy doing a screencast/video of the steps to create a Tim Pethrick VB Plate setup with lower dsp? I still can't do it without getting errors . Also tried creating new xml/dll instances to change dsp that way and Cubase won't recognise :(
You can follow and make TimP’s VB Plate setup and these videos are made by JPN (N4 skin maker).

For reverb, higher DSP is better (2048 or higher) and uses less CPU but increase in latency.

How to make a N4 Setup @ YouTube

Change DSPbuffer Setup @ YouTube
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep, anything into my Moog Subsequent 37 CV or Moogerfooger filters comes out sounding like heaven IMHO, I just love that fatness the Moog spits out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
I’ve been running synths and drums through my sub phatty for an awesome crunch. Decapitator gets little to no use nowadays.
I've been begging G for the past 2 years for an Acqua filter like the Moog, maybe one day.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear
AlexB has the Vintage synth filters which I think has a moog. I've never got around to trying them. Anyone else has?
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
AlexB has the Vintage synth filters which I think has a moog. I've never got around to trying them. Anyone else has?
Yes and is great on VST synths like Spire, Serum, VPS Avenger, u-he Zebra etc.

Here are an example of AlexB VSF Line Amp with Spire VST (first without and then with)
MMG Line Amp @ Box
TSY Line Amp @ Box
KRG Line Amp @ Box

AlexB VSF @ AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - VSF Vintage Synth Filters - Nebula Programs
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
I have every known Nebula filter library and AlexB's and STN filters are the best IMHO..... but you can't drive into them like you can a Moog, you don't have full filter control, and we have NOTHING ITB today that can do real analog rez like hardware can. The Nebula filters do give you the freq variations but not the overdrive or distortion and can't fatten up a signal like hardware. I'll keep bugging G about an Acqua filter but I believe it will take some more tech advancement before it's possible.
Old 21st December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
I have every known Nebula filter library and AlexB's and STN filters are the best IMHO..... but you can't drive into them like you can a Moog, you don't have full filter control, and we have NOTHING ITB today that can do real analog rez like hardware can. The Nebula filters do give you the freq variations but not the overdrive or distortion and can't fatten up a signal like hardware. I'll keep bugging G about an Acqua filter but I believe it will take some more tech advancement before it's possible.
Agree with that. Interessting what gear you guys recommend when it comes to giving itb-audio this special analog vibe!

I read a lot about elektrons analog heat... or better a Moog Sub phatty? A special filterbank or some kind of converters?

I´m really curious about that and you make me want to investigate more!

But at the Moment and after BF there is not much left in my wallet.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral900 View Post
Agree with that. Interessting what gear you guys recommend when it comes to giving itb-audio this special analog vibe!

I read a lot about elektrons analog heat... or better a Moog Sub phatty? A special filterbank or some kind of converters?

I´m really curious about that and you make me want to investigate more!

But at the Moment and after BF there is not much left in my wallet.
I've got an Analogue Heat II sitting next to my Subsequent 37 CV, I would suggest Moog Moogerfooger filter or Sherman Filterbank over the Heat for just filtering. The Heat is sooooo much cleaner but it has its uses, it would just not be my first filter choice. The Heat does have hi/low EQ and works well for 2 bus enhancement, whereas the Moog is just phat sounding.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've got an Analogue Heat II sitting next to my Subsequent 37 CV, I would suggest Moog Moogerfooger filter or Sherman Filterbank over the Heat for just filtering. The Heat is sooooo much cleaner but it has its uses, it would just not be my first filter choice. The Heat does have hi/low EQ and works well for 2 bus enhancement, whereas the Moog is just phat sounding.
Agree about the AH, the filter and the eq are not the greatest imho. The different saturation/ distortion circuits sound nice and make the device usefull in combination with the envelope follower and the lfo.

Oto Boum is another option.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Agree about the AH, the filter and the eq are not the greatest imho. The different saturation/ distortion circuits sound nice and make the device usefull in combination with the envelope follower and the lfo.

Oto Boum is another option.
I've been wanting to check out the Dreadbox filter box..... there are just too many quality filters out there that AA's gotta bring into plugin form.
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

AA are obviously succesfull with their business model, releasing mainly channelstrip/ mixing tools. But I would love to see them releasing
„Creative“ tools, like multimode filters with lots of envelopes and lfos or chorus/ phaser/ flanger devices.

Like U-he Uhbik as acqua.
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Nut

I have come to the conclusion that Nebula 4 is the greatest thing on the planet and anyone who denies the obvious brilliant, remarkable quality probably eats McDonald's McRib sandwiches on a daily basis. Thank you to all who have steered me in the right direction.
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Nut

AlexB BP1 filter....Cupwise Echo Chamber on a send, automed both up on a breakbeat and almost died.
Old 22nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that Nebula 4 is the greatest thing on the planet and anyone who denies the obvious brilliant, remarkable quality probably eats McDonald's McRib sandwiches on a daily basis. Thank you to all who have steered me in the right direction.
Watch out now.... you are starting to sound like a fanboy, lol.
Old 22nd December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Watch out now.... you are starting to sound like a fanboy, lol.
Old 22nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The McRib is back?

Alex B has a very fast server BTW.
Old 22nd December 2018
Can Nebula now do pitch-modulation effects?
I see TimP has chrous and vibrato programs in his Classic Phaser Collection library
Old 22nd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
AlexB BP1 filter....Cupwise Echo Chamber on a send, automed both up on a breakbeat and almost died.
Yes. That BP1 Filter continues to do positives on a variety of Projects.

A key parameter ... the DRIVE. This allows significant control of the LF bump to the point of getting a near 'flat-line' curve. [also affects the saturation]. This makes the Preset flexible to the Project needs. Nice
Old 22nd December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Yes. That BP1 Filter continues to do positives on a variety of Projects.

A key parameter ... the DRIVE. This allows significant control of the LF bump to the point of getting a near 'flat-line' curve. [also affects the saturation]. This makes the Preset flexible to the Project needs. Nice
very awesome, thanks!
Old 22nd December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Can Nebula now do pitch-modulation effects?
I see TimP has chrous and vibrato programs in his Classic Phaser Collection library
No pitch shifting. Tim P has a tremolo and phasers which are time based effects rather than pitch.
Old 22nd December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
No pitch shifting. Tim P has a tremolo and phasers which are time based effects rather than pitch.
I understand the difference between time and pitch based effects, however, the release page says that "chorus and vibrato" were sampled:

Classic Phasers - Tim Petherick

I know that some chorus effects can be created using only short delays with no pitch modulation, but I figured vibrato was strictly pitch-based.

But the page does also say, "Selecting vibrato gives a wobbly sound, kind of a pitch shifting illusion" ... So guessing it's not true vibrato here.

Last edited by candyflip; 22nd December 2018 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd December 2018
Here for the gear

Yes, the TimP's Classic Vibe is an Uni-Vibe, and despite its two modes called "Chorus" and 'Vibrato", the Uni-Vibe is a phaser.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search