The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 17th July 2013
Gear Addict
I've had nightmares about wrapping Nebula as an Audio Unit.

BTW, Acustica is still working outbugs from the 64bit VST, so the 64bit AU is not yet defined.

Honestly, I'm staying with Logic 9 until this updates. I'd love to say I can work without my Nebs, but the EQ and verbs alone make it impossible. I wish I never picked the apple from the tree of Nebula.
Old 17th July 2013
Gear Nut
Hey lads, I'm rather new to nebula, and I got the api550b free bundle from this thread which seems quite tasty, I was wondering where it comes from and if there is any documentation for it, as I have a hard time figuring out the package. There seems to be multiple versions of the same bands, and I have never had the chance to work with a real 550b. Thanks.
Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

Just got an email from Michael @ CDSoundMaster - looks like he's just announced his ADQ (Trident 80B EQ / channel strip) to go along with his Tride-N-Tru ADB console library.

Man, I thought I was done buying EQs and then this comes along...
Old 21st July 2013
Gear Maniac
I suppose i shold ask on the Acoustica site but while I'm here.

Anybody know if there is an Helios desk pack out there in Nebula land?

also ....what's the best/ most noticable/ analogue desk pack out ther?

Thank

Ronnie
Old 21st July 2013
Gear Maniac

Thank

Ronnie
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcm View Post
Hey lads, I'm rather new to nebula, and I got the api550b free bundle from this thread which seems quite tasty, I was wondering where it comes from and if there is any documentation for it, as I have a hard time figuring out the package. There seems to be multiple versions of the same bands, and I have never had the chance to work with a real 550b. Thanks.
No idea where it comes from, all I know it's a freebie, probably from the early days of Nebula, it's a pretty old library.

The number after the band indicates the amount of kernels used (1 or 3, the more kernels the more authentic) and the S means it's stepped, I being constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieg View Post

To my knowledge, no Helios desk sampled yet.

Picking the desk is totally dependent on your taste. API (Modern Black Console, AlexB) packs the most punch, Neve 5088 (Modern White Console, AlexB) sounds most modern and the Sphere (Globe, CDSoundmaster, which I haven't had the pleasure to try since there isn't a demo) sounds most open and bright. I was totally underwhelmed by the SSL I tried and don't understand the praise it gets, but to each their own.

Try the demos you can get, unfortunately there isn't a demo for the vintage Neve (Blue Console from AlexB, I'd really like to try that) and several other desks. The tube console from AITB should be pretty noticeable, since it's tubes, but I haven't tried that. Sometimes they make a good difference, sometimes they just degrade the sound.
Old 21st July 2013
Stunning, as native plugs they still make my jaw drop, even after some years...
Old 21st July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieg View Post

Thank

Ronnie
Henry Olonga has some Helios samples I think? I believe the Titan set is Helios...Titan is quite well regarded...

There is a Pre and EQ set so the Pre could be a basic console input...

Henry Olonga - Titan V2 Pre 192 khz - Nebulapresets

Henry Olonga - Titan EQ for NEBULA 96khz Only - Nebulapresets
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Picking the desk is totally dependent on your taste. API (Modern Black Console, AlexB) packs the most punch, Neve 5088 (Modern White Console, AlexB) sounds most modern and the Sphere (Globe, CDSoundmaster, which I haven't had the pleasure to try since there isn't a demo) sounds most open and bright.
I'd have to agree. IMO, The Globe is something special and it pairs really well with the Q8 (Quad Eight) EQ library.
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

BTW, if you're interested getting a killer tape library (especially the 30ips), an absolute killer tube mastering compressor (better stereo imaging and low end than the TC Phoenix) and a tube amp as a bonus for a ridiculous price, I suggest looking at the DTE bundle from AlexB, criminally underrated.

I've tried the Struders and Otaris from CDSoundmaster (they're still good, don't get me wrong) and NAG from Signaltonoise (which is VERY good) and I totally prefer DTE sound, treats bass better.

Unfortunately, there's no info on the unit except that it's some kind of custom tape/saturator/compressor monster. I'd like to see a picture of this..
Old 23rd July 2013
Quote:
BTW, if you're interested getting a killer tape library (especially the 30ips), an absolute killer tube mastering compressor (better stereo imaging and low end than the TC Phoenix) and a tube amp as a bonus for a ridiculous price, I suggest looking at the DTE bundle from AlexB, criminally underrated.

I've tried the Struders and Otaris from CDSoundmaster (they're still good, don't get me wrong) and NAG from Signaltonoise (which is VERY good) and I totally prefer DTE sound, treats bass better.

Unfortunately, there's no info on the unit except that it's some kind of custom tape/saturator/compressor monster. I'd like to see a picture of this..
the pricing on alex b website has gone abit weird....there is no individual item for the TSX stuff so you cant buy DTE on its own - only buy the whole bundle for €65!? Similar with the vintage filters....also no mention anymore of silver customer discount...I can see anyways...
Old 23rd July 2013
I always thought Alessandro's stuff diserved a little bit more, I have the luck to know him and I know how much of his time, knowledge and passion there is in these products.
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

Struders? you seem to know a bit about tape?
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Whats everyone's favorite driven tube program? I know there's a couple Thermionic Culture ones. I want something that is stereo not mono-l for my mix bus.
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloggedin View Post
Whats everyone's favorite driven tube program? I know there's a couple Thermionic Culture ones. I want something that is stereo not mono-l for my mix bus.
Gemini-Audio Tube programs from the compressor KultComp. I put it everywhere. also some of Alexb Preamp Color Suite like the Manley VoxBox or the Henry la2a Mojo
Old 23rd July 2013
yeah kultcomp tube looks good for more subtle uses...the vulture presets are quite strong...

I need to pick up those gemini neve, UA SOLO and tube presets...it seems like he has got a good handle on the low level distortions...
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
yeah kultcomp tube looks good for more subtle uses...the vulture presets are quite strong...
Which vulture presets are you talking about?
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
the pricing on alex b website has gone abit weird....there is no individual item for the TSX stuff so you cant buy DTE on its own - only buy the whole bundle for €65!? Similar with the vintage filters....also no mention anymore of silver customer discount...I can see anyways...
I wonder if this is in response to his stuff being pirated a while back? A real shame if it is...
Old 23rd July 2013
Quote:
Which vulture presets are you talking about?
transcending one...but also hear the Henry Olonga one also

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I wonder if this is in response to his stuff being pirated a while back? A real shame if it is...
yeah is a shame if that hit him....but would putting prices up help?
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
transcending one...but also hear the Henry Olonga one also
As far as I can tell the Transcending one isnt stereo. Thats a shame as no 2 tubes are exactly the same and this would be good to impart to my master bus. Henry says some of his are stereo.
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah is a shame if that hit him....but would putting prices up help?
Personally, I think it'd be a step in the wrong direction. But, if he want's to respond that way, I guess it's his business...

What do you think about the higher prices? Would they affect your buying decisions or make you consider competing products?
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

hi imloggedin,

you can see the graphs on my site to confirm true stereo.
The frequency plot and harmonic dist. graphs show separate
left and right processing. Slightly off from each other.
Old 23rd July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Personally, I think it'd be a step in the wrong direction. But, if he want's to respond that way, I guess it's his business...

What do you think about the higher prices? Would they affect your buying decisions or make you consider competing products?
it just means Ill not end up buying them personally...you cant really demo nebula stuff so its a bit hit and miss if it works - but if the prices are low it doesnt matter so much if its a miss...
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
it just means Ill not end up buying them personally...you cant really demo nebula stuff so its a bit hit and miss if it works - but if the prices are low it doesnt matter so much if its a miss...
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Most third party libraries are so inexpensive to begin with that you don't really mind taking a chance. Too bad more devs don't offer demos like Cupwise...
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
hi imloggedin,

you can see the graphs on my site to confirm true stereo.
The frequency plot and harmonic dist. graphs show separate
left and right processing. Slightly off from each other.
OK Thanks for the info. I thought I read on your site that it wasn't stereo. Must be losing my mind
Old 23rd July 2013
Lives for gear
So does working at 96k make a big difference in Nebula? Reason I ask is I am thinking about dropping down to 44.1 so my computer won't choke while mixing with a bunch of CPU hog plugins.
Old 26th July 2013
Lives for gear

Does VCult have the tubiest HIGH end distortion of any preset? Or is CDSoundmaster tube boosters more? I am looking for something that is really noticeable tube presence at like 10k+
Old 26th July 2013
Quote:
Does VCult have the tubiest HIGH end distortion of any preset? Or is CDSoundmaster tube boosters more? I am looking for something that is really noticeable tube presence at like 10k+
you prob want CDSoundmasters vintage tube collection...

Another must have looks like timp 295b - sounds like he did a serious job on it...

Silk EQ 295b (NEW) | Tim Petherick
Old 26th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
you prob want CDSoundmasters vintage tube collection...

Another must have looks like timp 295b - sounds like he did a serious job on it...

Silk EQ 295b (NEW) | Tim Petherick
I got Tim's eq. The high shelf is quite nice. It doesn't have as much GRIT as I'm looking for though. Vintage tube is better than tube booster?
Old 26th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
Struders? you seem to know a bit about tape?
That's a typo.. god, why does everybody have to be such dicks nowadays..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808
Yeah, the silver discount is gone, replaced by the coupon system.. not a good move IMO since the discount was just the carrot to buy the libraries, same thing with the bundled TSX.

Well, I'm set for life anyway, there isn't really anything else that I need.. except for that goddamn Bricasti lib..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search