The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Awesome. I already bought it, if you come up with a preset that works I'd love it!
Need to find the location Agent stores presets (OSX)!
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Need to find the location Agent stores presets (OSX)!
Users/Music/Audio Music Apps/NYRVSystems Presets/Agent

?
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

?

This thing (Sontec) sounds bomb by the way.
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

?
Hmmm, doesn't look to be it - thanks though.
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
This thing (Sontec) sounds bomb by the way.
Agreed. I just purchased it, and love what I'm hearing. Using it in Nebula 3.
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Agreed. I just purchased it, and love what I'm hearing. Using it in Nebula 3.
I don’t get the demo program, doesn’t seem to do anything? Anyone else try?
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
I don’t get the demo program, doesn’t seem to do anything? Anyone else try?
As i understand from _readme.txt provided:
Quote:
Shelf 100Hz +1dB
Bell 1.4kHz +1dB slope 5dB/oct
Shelf 10kHz +1dB
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
As i understand from _readme.txt provided:
Oh so it is fixed, not user adjustable. Oh man, it’s too subtle for my crap ears then
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Just stack a couple
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplay View Post
Just stack a couple
Haha nice, great tip. Its becoming ever more clear why I make no money from this
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nyrv Agent config made for AlexB's 432. The default knobs were the perfect match :¬)

If anyone would like this, it's attached below.

Notes:

1) HQ libraries at 96K (4 instances of Nebula Audio Units).

2) This will override and remove existing user presets. Only use this if you're new to Agent and would like to start with this preset.

3) In OSX, unzip to /<username>/Music/Music Audio Apps/NYRVSystems Presets/Agent

4) (W)ide and (S)harp Q's.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FactoryBank_x64.agb.zip (20.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 11th December 2018
Gear Nut
Just want to confirm that 432 sounds great!! It sounds so good that it's easy to do too much eq.
Old 11th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
If anyone would like this, it's attached below.

Notes:

1) HQ libraries at 96K (4 instances of Nebula Audio Units).

2) This will override and remove existing user presets. Only use this if you're new to Agent and would like to start with this preset.

3) In OSX, unzip to /<username>/Music/Music Audio Apps/NYRVSystems Presets/Agent

4) (W)ide and (S)harp Q's.
Great of you to post the file.

I will caution users that Jfer and I did a lot of testing when we were building presets with skins and everything on both computers has to be almost identical in ever way for the presets to work, that's why we never released the presets as it was too inconsistent between users and we had too many problems. We asked for Agent improvements but they never fixed things that would have made Agent preset sharing so much easier and better.

So patience is needed with Agent preset sharing.
Old 11th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Great of you to post the file.

I will caution users that Jfer and I did a lot of testing when we were building presets with skins and everything on both computers has to be almost identical in ever way for the presets to work, that's why we never released the presets as it was too inconsistent between users and we had too many problems. We asked for Agent improvements but they never fixed things that would have made Agent preset sharing so much easier and better.

So patience is needed with Agent preset sharing.
A shame indeed, you'd think that sharing such presets would be the crux of the plugin becoming popular.

Thermos used this preset without issue FWIW, not sure what computer he has. I use a custom hackintosh.
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
A shame indeed, you'd think that sharing such presets would be the crux of the plugin becoming popular.

Thermos used this preset without issue FWIW, not sure what computer he has. I use a custom hackintosh.
I have a brand new MacBook Pro. Works great!
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Maniac

4K CRUSH from Cupwise, one and only 4K-Channel compressor in Nebulaland, now with new JPN skins! Currently on sale BTW. Must have channel/BUS comp IMO. Very tight and punchy, familiar and famous S5L 4K desk compression sound. Stereo-pair sampled. Additional bonus Soft/Hard knee variable program, not possible in HW. Simple and effective compressor for everyday use!

4k Crush | Cupwise FX
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

4K CRUSH from Cupwise, one and only 4K-Channel compressor in Nebulaland, now with new JPN skins! Currently on sale BTW. Must have channel/BUS comp IMO. Very tight and punchy, familiar and famous S5L 4K desk compression sound. Stereo-pair sampled. Additional bonus Soft/Hard knee variable program, not possible in HW. Simple and effective compressor for everyday use!

4k Crush | Cupwise FX
Nice skin. Have you compared this to L-BUS?
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes, they very different in terms of control and adjustment ranges (channel comp has larger than bus). But it's similar soundwise. That S5L soundprint, familiar from 1st hear.
You can hear some renders here: SSL_HWvsNEB_4RMM.zip - Google Drive
I took dry files from this article and run it thru L-BUS and 4K CRUSH.
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, they very different in terms of control and adjustment ranges (channel comp has larger than bus). But it's similar soundwise. That S5L soundprint, familiar from 1st hear.
Thanks very much, I'll check those out.
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey bro, how’d you get that skin to show up for L-Bus? You on N3? I only seem to be able to have the generic interface in my N4 setup. hmmm....
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmm, 4K Smash has a real transient snap in the drum sample. Going to buy it now, thanks for the heads up. This skin is so much better, the old one was horrific :¬)

Just goes to show how good these libraries are compared to HW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Hey bro, how’d you get that skin to show up for L-Bus? You on N3? I only seem to be able to have the generic interface in my N4 setup. hmmm....
N4. Just installed as any other (Skin/Properties under main Nebula install DIR).
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Nut

I'm really enjoying AlexB's 432, and the price is a steal.
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
I'm really enjoying AlexB's 432, and the price is a steal.
Incredible isn't it.

Nebula is fantastic. Imagine if both Tims and Alex banged heads for the ultimate channel strip :¬)
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Didn't think I needed another EQ but had to buy the 432 after playing around with the demo. So many great EQ's from AlexB, especially MFeq, MPeq, MMeq, EXeq and the w95b I wouldn't know what to do without
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

Right now I'm testing AlexB's BP1 Hi/Low Pass Filters.

Got to tell you Guys ... check if there is a demo Preset ... cause it is doing some good things to a Mix.
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear
Thanks for the reminder RJ! Been using Tim's X-Filters which are great, but I think they're fixed at first or second order only. Sometimes a steeper slop is useful. Was looking for it but couldn't remember who did them.
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Thanks for the reminder RJ! Been using Tim's X-Filters which are great, but I think they're fixed at first or second order only. Sometimes a steeper slop is useful. Was looking for it but couldn't remember who did them.
Even beyond the various Slopes available in BP1 ... that Transformer really does something nice.

Tonite I went back in on a X-Mas track that goes out this weekend ... BP1 is staying in the Chain.

I'm still studying this Filter and listening for how it interacts. It's exposing details at the back of the Stage ... like lifting a cloudy-ness/veil off the Mix. Really liking what it does. More listening for me.
Old 14th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Even beyond the various Slopes available in BP1 ... that Transformer really does something nice.

Tonite I went back in on a X-Mas track that goes out this weekend ... BP1 is staying in the Chain.

I'm still studying this Filter and listening for how it interacts. It's exposing details at the back of the Stage ... like lifting a cloudy-ness/veil off the Mix. Really liking what it does. More listening for me.
Yep, totally agreed. I purchased this recently after Alex recommended it to you. The LPF is also just lovely.

I’m a vintage transformer junkie and the Haufe’s in these are really something special. It’s great to get both a rare transformer applied as well as an awesome filter with variable slopes.

Thanks again for your excellent work, Alex.

MG
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

OK ... I'm back from the Land of AlexB - BP1 Filters.

I've now played with this Filter across several different session.

That last thing I thought I'd be excited about is a High Pass Filter. Are you serious !

In my defense This thing is MORE than just a Filter. In fact, I've been running it with SLOPE at 0. On the Mix I have pulled up, I need the most Evil, nasty, haunting, foreboding, desperate, Bottom end for this mix, and that STILL Punches you in the GUT.

I've auditioned several EQ's to fill that mission. In fact, there are several different EQ's handling throughout the spectrum ... but I still wanted more 'depths of Despair' crawling/oozing as the Foundation for the rest of the Show to perform within. This turns out to be more than what I could get from an Equalizer without it turning FLABBY, Flubby, boomy ... just out of control [no compressor could help]. I needed EVIL ... with Solid Determination. [yet ... in an understated manner], fully aware of its presence.

I pull up this recommended [fave] from AlexB. A vintage BFE-BP1 H/L Pass Filter. [a 'High Quality Vintage German Broadcast Equipment']. I'm using it straight on in the 2-Mix [no M/S]. and it just grabs hold of all this nastiness, and presents it with Authority. [I also added a 40Hz bell taste with this new Sontec 432 EQ [clean Preset], and a 1.7kHz-ish touch [maybe 1/2dB] with the 432 full Preset.

Beside this excellent 432 Equalizer [now a Top 3 in my arsenal] ... This BP1 Filter is doing [and a phase I always try to avoid] pure Majic to this Mix. [I know ... I'll refrain the use of this phase as best I can]. If it was only this particular Mastering session I consider lucking coincidence that I just hit upon it. But this has not been the only session.

Funny ... the roll-off Slope function, for what this Filter is designed to do [and it does], is the lesser point of interest compared with what happens inside the Mix. Only through A/B switching [fairly easy with the N4 SKIN providing on special IN/OUT button], does the Majic reveal. [sorry again].

I don't know what other projects this might work on ... as it does have a breath of Harmonics ... a spread of them ... nothing pointing out, or 2nd,3rds,5ths ... more like a saturation. But there is also a 'clean' Preset.

The Sontec 432 along with the BP1 Filter is my early Christmas present ... that several of my Clients are going to also enjoy.

Ahh ... Sharing the Joy. Mmmmm.
Old 14th December 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks for the report RJH, will try that today.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search