The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 10th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Not an Aqua user so I'll hold off on answering, but TimP did announce a few days ago that a raft of updates are coming to his products which will make them even better (not sure how they can be improved though... )

So whatever answers you get bear this in mind.
Its for compressors only... This will be exclusive to my libraries as it's a technique that only exists by the templates i'm making. I believe some will hear the improvement but it's more obvious on analyzing. When I fixed this issue there was a big "finally" moment in my mind! lol

also opto will have a frequency dependent attack! yes really! the 2a setting will particularly benefit from this upgrade, as the variant of attack is wider on a 2a.

Last edited by TimP Nebula; 10th November 2018 at 11:20 AM..
Old 11th November 2018
Lives for gear
Very excited to try the updated 2A attack! Never been able to vibe with the current 2a attack. Felt flat to me. Hope it gets us closer to an actual 2A.
Old 11th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Very excited to try the updated 2A attack! Never been able to vibe with the current 2a attack. Felt flat to me. Hope it gets us closer to an actual 2A.
Oh no! I love the current 2a attack! I’m afraid of it changing!
Old 11th November 2018
Lives for gear
Maybe you could just rename the program and vectors and keep both? Then decide.
Old 13th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
The developer is still selling his libraries on the downlow: Transcending Music Libraries Still Available! -

Although there is no mention of price in that thread I contacted him and they are all $20 each.
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Hi guys! So, apart from L-Bus, what Tim P comps are you using on the mixbus and why? Thank you.
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Hi guys! So, apart from L-Bus, what Tim P comps are you using on the mixbus and why? Thank you.
That’s the only TimP compressor I will use on the mix bus. The other compressors that occasionally get used there are Pink2412 and Magenta. But those come from Acustica and are significantly more expensive to own.
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Yes, so far for me Tim P comps get used on tracks while on the master bus I have been mixing into Mantis with pink or magenta.

I use opto 3a a lot on tracks.
Old 14th November 2018
AlexB is sampling a Sontec MES-432C
Old 15th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post
I use opto 3a a lot on tracks.
Yeah, I've not found anything ITB that can do what Opto3A can do, it's just it's own thing.
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Addict

Alex B has sampled a genuine Sontec 432 and the library should be available at the start of December with a JPN Skin!!! Check out his FB page for some more details...

Never tried a Sontec myself but I’m sure it’s going to be awesome!
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Maybe you could just rename the program and vectors and keep both? Then decide.
the previous version will still be available, the new ones will have different names so they can exist together

The opto 2a setting will have that miss attack sound, until it charges, it needs to be heavy compression to hear this. Listen here-

Opto frequency dependence by TimPetherick | Tim Petherick | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Very tubey!

the attack changes upon source, if the on a used on a kick drum for example the attack changes. The clip above shows the comp adjusting to what it hears!!
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Frequently using 100a V3 on master bus for proper material (slow, deep dynamics) very rich and expensive sounding compressor.
Blue mu Comp/Limit V2 should be great also, but didn't tested it yet.
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Maniac

BTW: for you guys, who don't know, Cupwise recently upgraded he's C660 (EAR 660) to version 3.
I have to say it's not just an improvement, it's whole quantum leap in compression quality and character (comparing to v2).
Must have IMO. Now it sounds comparable to Ultramarine, or even better in terms of tweakability and modern options (just try the 'Frankenstein' comp D, which is EAR sampled thru the 1176 in and out + modded with attack and release from SSL 4K... a monster!)
Old 16th November 2018
Lives for gear

There is a N4 engine update in Aquarius today.
Old 17th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
There is a N4 engine update in Aquarius today.
Thanks Will, as a Beta Tester, any idea what was done in the update? Usually Aquarius shows modification notes for Aqua versions, but I couldn't find anything on this N$ update. I generally don't like to update for the hell of it especially what N4 is concerned.
Old 17th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Thanks Will, as a Beta Tester, any idea what was done in the update? Usually Aquarius shows modification notes for Aqua versions, but I couldn't find anything on this N$ update. I generally don't like to update for the hell of it especially what N4 is concerned.
Yeah always baffles me there are no release notes to these updates. Standard software practise
Old 17th November 2018
Lives for gear

No idea what was improved, but knowing the AA way it's most likely the Core 13 update for N4.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrdlof View Post
I have totally uninstalled that nebula and switched to win xp x64 for better sound. Nebula produces large latency which is the worst enemy + cpu hungry. You don't actually get any benefits over algorithmic plugins. If you need color you can add console emulations or just saturation. That nebula is just profanation in my opinion. It distracts from studying sound engineering because it slows you down
To each their own as my OS does not affect my sound quality, lol. Also I pull up a whole lot N4 libraries as fast as standard algo's so you must have an old azz computer and not know how to use setups or DAW presets, lol, you may not understand how to tweak a DAW computer either from what you wrote. I'm running 32 buffer too with low PTHD latency on a native DAW, but then again I am using an RME Madi card so you must have a crap audio interface, lol.

To sum this up..... you have an old computer, cheap interface, and limited Nebula understanding and you are blaming AA for your shortcomings, lol.

As always to each their own.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrdlof View Post
I have totally uninstalled that nebula and switched to win xp x64 for better sound. Nebula produces large latency which is the worst enemy + cpu hungry. You don't actually get any benefits over algorithmic plugins. If you need color you can add console emulations or just saturation. That nebula is just profanation in my opinion. It distracts from studying sound engineering because it slows you down
Thanks. We’ll take that under advisement.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Fellow Nebheads . . .

What are you using to create and store chains of Nebula instances these days? I know of MetaPlugin and Patchwork, but have never used either, and there might be something else out there.

EDIT: . . . or Bidule?

I don’t want to keep opening three instances of Nebula to use TimP’s VariLevel . . . etc.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 18th November 2018 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: Research expanded query
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
No idea what was improved, but knowing the AA way it's most likely the Core 13 update for N4.
Indeed Core 13 is now listed among the N4 features on the AA website’s N4 page.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Fellow Nebheads . . .

What are you using to create and store chains of Nebula instances these days? I know of MetaPlugin and Patchwork, but have never used either, and there might be something else out there.

I don’t want to keep opening three instances of Nebula to use TimP’s VariLevel . . . etc.
Studio One and Reaper each easily store full chains here.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Studio One and Reaper each easily store full chains here.
Well then, unless Reaper features are region specific, I can only imagine they will save here as well!

I was aware that Reaper can save chains, but as I moved to Reaper from Logic, where loading a saved FX chain automatically replaces the FX chain you already have on your track, rather than adding to it, it didn’t occur to me that a solution might lie here.

That Reaper adds the FX chain to the existing FX, instead of replacing them . . . what a khidesh!

Last edited by wjmwpg; 18th November 2018 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Fellow Nebheads . . .

I guess you only have N3? If so I would seriously consider grabbing N4 this BF.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess you only have N3? If so I would seriously consider grabbing N4 this BF.
I have N4, got it the week it dropped. Never had N3.

. . . am I about to have another head-slapping moment?
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I have N4, got it the week it dropped. Never had N3.

. . . am I about to have another head-slapping moment?
well then you know you can save presets with multiple single instances within one N4 slot...?
Old 18th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Well then, unless Reaper features are region specific, I can only imagine they will save here as well!

I was aware that Reaper can save chains, but as I moved to Reaper from Logic, where loading a saved FX chain automatically replaces the FX chain you already have on your track, rather than adding to it, it didn’t occur to me that a solution might lie here.

That Reaper adds the FX chain to the existing FX, instead of replacing them . . . what a khidesh!
Now try LBX Stripper extension for reaper for making single interface to control your chain. Really sweet! There's some shared strips out there too to save work
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
well then you know you can save presets with multiple single instances within one N4 slot...?
Damn, I’m guessing that happened in the last six months?
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Now try LBX Stripper extension for reaper for making single interface to control your chain. Really sweet! There's some shared strips out there too to save work
Very cool. Are they hosted together somewhere?

EDIT: Never mind - reading the threads on the Cockos. Thanks for mentioning.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 18th November 2018 at 08:57 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search