The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 31st October 2018
  #4171
Lives for gear
 
wjmwpg's Avatar
 

Just played with Complex for the first time (forgot I bought it!) . . . I was trying out a few comps on a deep (Music Man Stingray) bassline, and came across the Complex. Tried it out and it really surprised me. Preferred it to my V76, OPTO, BlueMu, etc. A really pleasant surprise! Can’t wait to see what else it excels at! (Not a piece of hardware I was previously acquainted with.)
Old 1st November 2018
  #4172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Shape Modifier - blows my mind every time i use it, and brings smile to my face. Gives sooo natural dynamic extension/reduction. None of existing transient processors can even approach.
+1
Shape modifier is pure magic
Old 1st November 2018
  #4173
Gear Nut
 

Before I open a ticket, anyone have a quick solution to N4 showing me the "Please Authorize This Product" message suddenly after a few months of use? After that when I try a N4 instance, it stays on "Loading" and never completes that so you can select something from Finder. Already reinstalled via Aquarius.
Old 1st November 2018
  #4174
Gear Nut
 

Just picked up and been testing his opto. Thanks for the recommendations. This thing sounds amazing! :D will pick up his others soon

Curious is there yet a good program for lush eventide/lexicon type verb? I have awesome bricasti(ear) and vxt140 but no convincing lexicon/eventide type fx in nebula

Is proper modulation type fx not created/possible yet in nebula land?
Old 1st November 2018
  #4175
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Opto, L-BUS and Vari-Level need to be in everyone's toolkit :¬)

And Viridian. Magic.
Totally!
Old 1st November 2018
  #4176
Gear Maniac
 
ceejay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollo321 View Post
good program for lush eventide/lexicon type verb?
STN has lot of nice lex/evnt and TC ones:
Reverb 480 – Nebula Programs – signaltonoize.com
Reverb H35K – Nebula Programs – signaltonoize.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollo321 View Post
proper modulation type fx not created/possible yet in nebula land?
TimP has great collection!
Modulation Archives - Tim Petherick
Old 1st November 2018
  #4177
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
awesome, thanks! :D
Old 4th November 2018
  #4178
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
Before I open a ticket, anyone have a quick solution to N4 showing me the "Please Authorize This Product" message suddenly after a few months of use? After that when I try a N4 instance, it stays on "Loading" and never completes that so you can select something from Finder. Already reinstalled via Aquarius.
Checking back to see if anyone has had this issue. A thread started on Acustica's forum 3 days after I'd opened the ticket, and where I said "No response from Support" yet, led Support to post telling me to open a ticket, which of course I've done and heard nothing back from.

I realize Support needs time to respond to tickets, but a real N4 manual or good FAQ would make it easier for Support and customers alike.
Old 6th November 2018
  #4179
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
N4 Update available via Aquarius 2
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-n4-update.png  
Old 6th November 2018
  #4180
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
N4 Update available via Aquarius 2
What's new in N4? How come Acustica never do a changelog it seems?
Old 6th November 2018
  #4181
Gear Maniac
 

On Acustica FB is comment from one user that previouslt saved user presets dont load for him..
Old 6th November 2018
  #4182
Here for the gear
 

Hey, Studio One users. If you didn't know already, the VST2 version of N4 now works in Studio One as of v.4.1.1

I noticed this mentioned in the S1 Changelog for 4.1.1

Old 6th November 2018
  #4183
Lives for gear
 
Patrick_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice View Post
Hey, Studio One users. If you didn't know already, the VST2 version of N4 now works in Studio One as of v.4.1.1

I noticed this mentioned in the S1 Changelog for 4.1.1

Sweet
Old 6th November 2018
  #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice View Post
Hey, Studio One users. If you didn't know already, the VST2 version of N4 now works in Studio One as of v.4.1.1

I noticed this mentioned in the S1 Changelog for 4.1.1

It still doesnt work for me.

Ive unisntalled everything ,
clean registry,
reinstalled N4 vst 2
reset blacklist
didnt work,
uninstalled
clean registry
reboot
installed VST3
reset blacklist
didnt worked.

(its presonus fault just like its Wavelab fault obviously and next DAW that wont boot will be its fault as well OF COURSE)

Old 6th November 2018
  #4185
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEnd View Post
On Acustica FB is comment from one user that previouslt saved user presets dont load for him..
That would be sweet update. For me sometimes the settings don't recall when I re-load my project and that results in N4 emitting loud noise.
Old 6th November 2018
  #4186
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Hi Andy!

That would be awesome! Usual suspects would be Kick, Snare and maybe drum bus. I have heard good things about it on bass but I have not used it for bass before.

Thank you!
Hey man, I haven't forgotten about this, just been a little busy. Hopefully get to it this week. Best wishes
Old 7th November 2018
  #4187
Lives for gear
Hi all... I'm new to nebula (haven't really decided to jump in yet). As an SSL XLogic owner, I'm very interested in Tim P's L Bus; however, it seems there is no way to demo it. Is there any user who might be willing to run a file or two through L Bus for me? If so, please PM me... this will help me make a decision on N4.
Old 7th November 2018
  #4188
Gear Maniac
 
ceejay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
I'm very interested in Tim P's L Bus
Here is few audio examples: L-bus comp by TimPetherick | Tim Petherick | Free Listening on SoundCloud
BTW: Buy it for sure. Best 4K comp over here IMO.
Old 7th November 2018
  #4189
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Here is few audio examples: L-bus comp by TimPetherick | Tim Petherick | Free Listening on SoundCloud
BTW: Buy it for sure. Best 4K comp over here IMO.
Thanks for that... I'm most interested in hearing it on a full mix... Does anyone know if L-Bus works in N4 Player?
Old 7th November 2018
  #4190
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
Thanks for that... I'm most interested in hearing it on a full mix... Does anyone know if L-Bus works in N4 Player?
No it doesn't.
Old 9th November 2018
  #4191
Gear Nut
 

Hey guys, im finally taking the plunge down the Nebula rabbit hole! haha probably not really a rabbit hole as once I have all the libraries I need Ill be done buying and can finish a go to list.

Does alex b have n4 skins yet? is there a way to port his old skins or does anyone make skins for his libraries? How is his 2264 comp?

my favorite acquas are amber, prime studio caribou and prime studio curve and mix (emi abbey road gear i believe)
what nebula counterparts are available for these eqs?
Old 9th November 2018
  #4192
Lives for gear
Alex b is good for consoles which don't need skins. His eqs are great too but I don't know of any N4 skins.

His comps are strictly for tone, maybe a db reduction so don't start with them.

I'd start with Tim Cupwise and Tim Petherick. Tim C has a 2254 that tears it up. They have N4 skins for a lot of their stuff. Also look at the N4 devs which are on the AA website.

Oh and grab Henry Olongas All you can eat for free! Great for tone stuff like mics and pres but again not comps.

There are other devs which you'll discover lurking deep in the rabbit hole.
Old 9th November 2018
  #4193
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Alex b is good for consoles which don't need skins. His eqs are great too but I don't know of any N4 skins.

His comps are strictly for tone, maybe a db reduction so don't start with them.

I'd start with Tim Cupwise and Tim Petherick. Tim C has a 2254 that tears it up. They have N4 skins for a lot of their stuff. Also look at the N4 devs which are on the AA website.

Oh and grab Henry Olongas All you can eat for free! Great for tone stuff like mics and pres but again not comps.

There are other devs which you'll discover lurking deep in the rabbit hole.
ya i thought they had the devs on their site def gonna chekc that.

how about the other question about nebula versions of amber, prime studio emi abbey road stuff and prime studio caribou neve 8068 i believe, I see alex had an 8014?
Old 9th November 2018
  #4194
Lives for gear
 
davidgary73's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
Hey guys, im finally taking the plunge down the Nebula rabbit hole! haha probably not really a rabbit hole as once I have all the libraries I need Ill be done buying and can finish a go to list.

Does alex b have n4 skins yet? is there a way to port his old skins or does anyone make skins for his libraries? How is his 2264 comp?

my favorite acquas are amber, prime studio caribou and prime studio curve and mix (emi abbey road gear i believe)
what nebula counterparts are available for these eqs?
By default, AlexB libraries does not come with any N4 skin but some AlexB libraries has N4 skins made by JPN for a couple of bucks:

S9C
S9 EQ
9KC
9K EQ
9K Dynamics
4K EQ
4KC
MMEQ

Contact JPN for more info @ Log in to Facebook | Facebook

Tim Petherick’s libraries are top notch. His latest Plate verbs are superb, L-Bus is the bomb, Green Filter..wow and all his other offerings are top quality + it comes with N4 skins.

AlexB 8014, lots of users like this heaps

AlexB console recommendations:

MFC - number one favourite and tons of users love it.
9KC - wide and clean
4KC - punchy
N14 or R88 - famous “N" vibe
A16 - tight and punchy..slightly dark

Also, check out offerings from London Acoustics, Dibiquadro and Sounddrops @ Nebula - Acqua libraries for N4 - Acustica Audio
Old 9th November 2018
  #4195
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
By default, AlexB libraries does not come with any N4 skin but some AlexB libraries has N4 skins made by JPN for a couple of bucks:

S9C
S9 EQ
9KC
9K EQ
9K Dynamics
4K EQ
4KC
MMEQ

Contact JPN for more info @ Log in to Facebook | Facebook

Tim Petherick’s libraries are top notch. His latest Plate verbs are superb, L-Bus is the bomb, Green Filter..wow and all his other offerings are top quality + it comes with N4 skins.

AlexB 8014, lots of users like this heaps

AlexB console recommendations:

MFC - number one favourite and tons of users love it.
9KC - wide and clean
4KC - punchy
N14 or R88 - famous “N" vibe
A16 - tight and punchy..slightly dark

Also, check out offerings from London Acoustics, Dibiquadro and Sounddrops @ Nebula - Acqua libraries for N4 - Acustica Audio
How do the latest acqua eqs compare to the best tim and alex b eqs quality wise in sonics and performance specifically transient preservation, phase and smear -when boosting a lot? I am really loving Viridian eq for example. Is the latest core12 and 13 (soon to be) performing and sounding just as polished and quality as the newer 3rd party neb eqs?

I'd like to know because if acqua eqs are virtually indistinguishable in sound quality and performance then I could save a ton of time not dealing with lots more installations, a/b-ing, downloads, auths, organizing, setups and of course coin for nebula.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the differences.
Old 9th November 2018
  #4196
Lives for gear
Just missed the AA support desk with a ticket which won't get looked at till Monday (at the earliest...)

Anyone have experience with Aquarius installing N4 vst3 when selecting vst2? My HDD died and after a restore on a new HDD N4 wouldn't load in Reaper. I uninstalled manually with the uninstall app in the N4 folder then reinstalled via Aquarius but it came up as vst3, which Reaper obviously did not like but also Cubase. N4 crashed both.
Old 9th November 2018
  #4197
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
How do the latest acqua eqs compare to the best tim and alex b eqs quality wise in sonics and performance specifically transient preservation, phase and smear -when boosting a lot?.
Not an Aqua user so I'll hold off on answering, but TimP did announce a few days ago that a raft of updates are coming to his products which will make them even better (not sure how they can be improved though... )

So whatever answers you get bear this in mind.
Old 10th November 2018
  #4198
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
How do the latest acqua eqs compare to the best tim and alex b eqs quality wise in sonics and performance specifically transient preservation, phase and smear -when boosting a lot? I am really loving Viridian eq for example. Is the latest core12 and 13 (soon to be) performing and sounding just as polished and quality as the newer 3rd party neb eqs?

I'd like to know because if acqua eqs are virtually indistinguishable in sound quality and performance then I could save a ton of time not dealing with lots more installations, a/b-ing, downloads, auths, organizing, setups and of course coin for nebula.

I'm just trying to get a feel for the differences.
You could demo the lastest releases. In my opinion the acquas are way better than a year ago. Magenta4 vs V3 is a good example of the sound improvement.
Old 10th November 2018
  #4199
Lives for gear
Please mention some distortion libraries for Mixbus. Is there any library based on Culture Vulture?
Old 10th November 2018
  #4200
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
Please mention some distortion libraries for Mixbus. Is there any library based on Culture Vulture?
New Nebula Library - VCult
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
quincyg / Music Computers
754
Dom & Roland / The Moan Zone
10
marshallplexi / Music Computers
6
fingerbeats / Music Computers
10
Patric Noonan / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump