The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
I'm on Windows VST2, too... last version of Nebula. Setups is working for me.
Of course, you have to remember that it only creates the setup (dll file) if you start your host (Cubase, Reaper, etc...) as an administrator. Moreover, setups does not work at present for the new Nebula 4 official libraries (Mantis, Henry-q, etc.): they should solve this issue.
EDIT: I was being a total dunce. Found YouTube video of how to use
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Thanks man, forgot about administrator but unfortunately still doesn't work and I downgraded N4 and still nothing. I guess I broke something on way. Problem is I cant find any manual on new Nebula Setups to check things, AA website still references older version. ugh.
Not sure of the issue, but have you double-checked the SetUp PATH being saved too.

For my SetUps, the PATH is: C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\acustica64\SetUps
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Not sure of the issue, but have you double-checked the SetUp PATH being saved too.

For my SetUps, the PATH is: C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\acustica64\SetUps
Thanks but I was being daft, forgot you had to only select program in finder, thought you had to load it. Sorry for time waste

Oh and had a brief chat with the guy asking for AlexB swaps and he seemed totally justified in asking for free stuff as he'd already spent a lot on libraries already
Old 5th October 2018
Hoping someone can help, I just upgraded to the latest N4 in aquarius... now my repository list is empty...

All my setups and favourites are still listed but under default there's just the init entry.

Tried reverting back a version but the list is still empty.

Paths haven't changed and all look fine to me.

Bug? how can I get my library list back in the finder?

Update: I fixed it, the update somehow changed the installed vst2 to a vst3???, whatever it broke was fixed after I uninstalled and installed the new vst3 version.

I can now setup Henry Q+F as plugins, thanks AA
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
EDIT: I was being a total dunce. Found YouTube video of how to use
What video you use? Franci's one on the AA youtube channel has been deleted
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Maniac
YouTube

this was the one that uses Nebula Setups in N4

On a side note, anyone know if and how to copy all my setups to another computer? I tried just copying and pasting and pointing N4 to folders but didn't work
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Maniac
edit: double post

Last edited by tomheavybeats; 6th October 2018 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 5th October 2018
Gear Addict

Anyone else really enjoying using the edit page for Mantis to find the sweetest sound?

It's so beautiful.
Old 6th October 2018
Quote:
YouTube

this was the one that uses Nebula Setups in N4

On a side note, anyone know if and how to copy all my setups to another computer? I tried just copying and pasting and pointing N4 to folders but didn't work
Cant you just copy paste them to the same folder in your new PC ?

I mean it should logicaly be that simple. I really dont know I only tried making one on time but figured out I basicly never use the same thing that I just never spent time making presets.
Old 7th October 2018
Gear Nut
Hi here!
Is there any comparisions between SmashVu and N60a? Im looking for the dbx sound. Have a really nice emu on my Orion Studio but wanted a native/nebula version.
Old 7th October 2018
I recently got a new SSD to replace my Crucial MX500 1TB that crashed on me a month ago taking 3 months worth of personal project with him.

Now I reinstalled everything I have purchased and transfered all my libraries to the N4 repository folder but for an unknown reason, N4 doesnt come up.

I tried resetting my plugin list and relink all the path to my vst folder but nothing come up in my plugin list.

I also installed both the VST3 and the VST2.

Win10 x64 Studio One 4.1 Asus Prime Z270-A i7 7700K

WELP !!!
Old 7th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Hi here!
Is there any comparisions between SmashVu and N60a? Im looking for the dbx sound. Have a really nice emu on my Orion Studio but wanted a native/nebula version.
I have not compared them, but I have compared N60a to my hardware dbx 160a and it is very close. Definitely has that dbx punch.

I tend to like Tim Petherick's compressor libraries more than Tim Cupwise's compressors.
Old 8th October 2018
I can also say that N60A action is the same or almost compared to my 160A.

The only thing missing is the nonlinearity of my 2 units stereo linked, The mid lows and lows become alive and in the software....well, its a software. Its cold and lifeless.

But the rest is so close that I could not make the difference
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I can also say that N60A action is the same or almost compared to my 160A.

The only thing missing is the nonlinearity of my 2 units stereo linked, The mid lows and lows become alive and in the software....well, its a software. Its cold and lifeless.

But the rest is so close that I could not make the difference
Thanks for the reminder of this library. I had a drum loop from vinyl, tried opto3, didn’t work, i remembered your post, tried the N60a, worked a treat! Just levelled out the hi hats and rides so there was a good balanced sound, perfect! Now I'm going to have to check out the same loop with the Smack Vu, see how they compare. Thanks again man!
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Hi here!
I'll try to post a comparison when I get the chance, what would you be using it on? Drums?
Old 9th October 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
I'll try to post a comparison when I get the chance, what would you be using it on? Drums?
Hi Andy!

That would be awesome! Usual suspects would be Kick, Snare and maybe drum bus. I have heard good things about it on bass but I have not used it for bass before.

Thank you!
Old 9th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Yes dbx160 known as superb guitar bass processor. Punchy and powerful.
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear

New N3/N4 libraries by Tim Petherick

Green Filter 68 and 69b
Green Filter 68 and 69b - Tim Petherick

The Green Filter is based on a Passive filter, both high and low cut are available in a single instance. Green Filter acts as -20db (approx) shelf rather than a complete cut. This offers a unique sounding library, this can be seen in the pics below. Features- Low cut 70, 100,150,250,500,1000,2000...

Green Spring
The Green Spring - Tim Petherick

Super rare simple spring reverb with Tone control!

Video @ YouTube

Last edited by davidgary73; 10th October 2018 at 08:59 AM..
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear

Green Filters look good, what HW is it from?

Makes me wonder, since Burl has such a good rep for ADC - has anyone modelled that? Would make a great library.
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear
I'm wodering the same about the tank Tim sampled for the spring. I love his new plate - quite dark and lush, and I've no doubt the spring will live up to expectations. Would just like to know what it is.
Old 10th October 2018
Gear Maniac

The two units are from the same company. The spring is so rare I’ve not been able to find anything on it anywhere. The filter is a bit more well known though. Both units are related to that company who made that real simple green vintage vari-mu.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear
Never mind, it's all tech. Or is that old tech?
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Never mind, it's all tech. Or is that old tech?

We believe that the HPF module could of been used in the tubby's desk, some speculation here-

How do I recreate this specific filter effect for dub music? - KVR Audio
Old 11th October 2018
Hello ! I just discovered this A*I EQ from Cdsoundmaster and the demo sounds incredible. It's different from the other 550 libraries. From whatever reason it's not on the website/shop so I thought I'd let you know about it.
It's quite new...released 2 years ago.

CDSoundMaster Audio Software | ACC 550A EQ- THE AMERICAN CLASSIC CONSOLE EQ NEB PRO

Cheers !
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBeer View Post
Hello ! I just discovered this A*I EQ from Cdsoundmaster and the demo sounds incredible. It's different from the other 550 libraries. From whatever reason it's not on the website/shop so I thought I'd let you know about it.
It's quite new...released 2 years ago.

CDSoundMaster Audio Software | ACC 550A EQ- THE AMERICAN CLASSIC CONSOLE EQ NEB PRO

Cheers !
It different because it's from an older vintage API console, and the newer API sound is cleaner.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
It different because it's from an older vintage API console, and the newer API sound is cleaner.
Great Is there anything you don´t know about nebula, Will??
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Great Is there anything you don´t know about nebula, Will??
LOL, yeah next to some in the beta group I'm pretty green. I do know hardware better than most so that helps some.
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Nut

Pardon the newbie question, but I've just picked up the Cupwise Slick 9K comps, and wonder if someone can tell me what the 1k, 5k and 10k options refer to/do?
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
Pardon the newbie question, but I've just picked up the Cupwise Slick 9K comps, and wonder if someone can tell me what the 1k, 5k and 10k options refer to/do?
I'd assume the 1k, 5k and 10k are the number of kernels used. More kernels equals higher quality but also higher cpu use.

Other Cupwise comps seem to also have three versions called lite, full and shq (super high quality?)
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
I'd assume the 1k, 5k and 10k are the number of kernels used. More kernels equals higher quality but also higher cpu use.

Other Cupwise comps seem to also have three versions called lite, full and shq (super high quality?)
Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search