The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheavybeats View Post
Just had some user randomly message me here asking if I wanted to swap some Alex B libraries. Such a small community, can people please support developers otherwise we risk losing them altogether. Not expensive. If you have run out of funds, just be patient and do what you can with the libraries you have.
Same here. Run out of funds. Go make more funds.
Old 2nd October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
No matter what I do I can not get N4 to load in Studio One v4.1..... it's just not loading.

I'm sticking with S1 v3.5 for now as Nebula works like normal and I don't have time to waste and I only have 1 song I was testing out in S1 v4.1, I'm not sure what the problem is..... time to report this to AA.

Oh no! This is really bad news. S1 v4 is the only DAW I use. I've been saving and waiting for black friday to finally buy N4 specifically to use within Studio One version 4.1.

This news is a real bummer. I really hope this gets sorted out for all of us S1 users out there.

Please keep us posted if you end up bringing this to AA's attention and what they might have to say about this - would be highly appreciated, Will.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice View Post
Oh no! This is really bad news. S1 v4 is the only DAW I use. I've been saving and waiting for black friday to finally buy N4 specifically to use within Studio One version 4.1.

This news is a real bummer. I really hope this gets sorted out for all of us S1 users out there.

Please keep us posted if you end up bringing this to AA's attention and what they might have to say about this - would be highly appreciated, Will.
I agree, and I have informed AA tech at the time S1v4 was released.
Indeed odd that Acqua VST-2 is recognized, but not N4 VST-2, both Win and macOS.

As I wrote earlier,
If you’re on Mac, the N4 VST-3 format is recognized and works perfectly inside Studio One v4.1. Latest N4 v1.4.233
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
If helpful.

My N4 repository: C:\Nebula4TempRepository

VST plugins : C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\acustica64
@Nyctalgia, To avoid problems.........This is the best scenario. TempRepository on root drive. VST .dll in VST folder.
Old 2nd October 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
@Nyctalgia, To avoid problems.........This is the best scenario. TempRepository on root drive. VST .dll in VST folder.
Yes, thanks! =)
had to find that out the long and hard way..
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Some useful info here =)
Thank you Phelix, not had a chance ti read it yet, but looks interesting.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Just had some user randomly message me here asking if I wanted to swap some Alex B libraries. Such a small community, can people please support developers otherwise we risk losing them altogether. Not expensive. If you have run out of funds, just be patient and do what you can with the libraries you have.
Hear, hear!
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Hear, hear!
Same here! I've reported it to Alessandro
Old 2nd October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
I agree, and I have informed AA tech at the time S1v4 was released.
Indeed odd that Acqua VST-2 is recognized, but not N4 VST-2, both Win and macOS.

As I wrote earlier,
If you’re on Mac, the N4 VST-3 format is recognized and works perfectly inside Studio One v4.1. Latest N4 v1.4.233
Thanks @PhelixK, but unfortunately in this case I work within Windows.

If someone here is using S1 v4+ on Windows 10, try launching S1 in Admin mode as well as with Windows 8 compatibility, then see if N4 loads properly. I'm willing to bet that it just might.

Forewarning though, it's possible that you might have to reauthorize some of your existing plugins when you do this kind of switch.

If anyone tries this, please let us know.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Nut
Hi there,
Has anyone at all tried the new 4k Crush from Cupwise? I have not had experience with the hardware and there is no demo.

Just thinking if I need yet another comp, but I would like to support dev.
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice View Post
If someone here is using S1 v4+ on Windows 10, try launching S1 in Admin mode as well as with Windows 8 compatibility, then see if N4 loads properly. I'm willing to bet that it just might.
I doubt this is the issue..... I'm running S1 v4.1 in Win 7 x64 and Nebula will not load and S1 is running as the Administrator, so IMHO compatibility mode is not likely the problem. I do suggest someone try it and report back.

Thus far nothing I do will make Nebula work in S1 v4.1... looks like AA's gonna have to look at this.
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Hi there,
Has anyone at all tried the new 4k Crush from Cupwise? I have not had experience with the hardware and there is no demo.

I have not tried Tim's 4K Crush yet, but his comps are always nice and the hardware is killer on drums IMHO.
Old 2nd October 2018
Here for the gear

I actually recall not being able to load the free N4 Player VST2 in Studio One v4 on Windows as well a couple of months back.

... EDIT. I guess I will find out soon enough if the newest update of N4 works in the newest update of S1 v4.1x. Unless in the meantime someone here can vouch for compatibility on their end - which would bring much piece of mind.

UPDATE: I have successfully been able to get N4 Player working in the latest version of Studio One 4.1 on my PC. Only the vst3 version of N4 player works, not the VST2 version. I'm going to assume the same is true for N4 full?

Give that a shot, Will if you havent' already. I'm feeling optimistic for you.

Last edited by think2wice; 3rd October 2018 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Progress report.
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Hi there,

I'm glad I bought it. It has a slightly darker tone than Tim p's L Bus and tightens up the music more especially when rendering with SHQ programs, as you would expect, even with music that i wouldn't normally try an SSL type with. Very pleasing results on the master bus, not tried it on individual tracks yet.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Nebula programmers,

WE need an emulation of The Chandler Zener Limiter !!!!
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Maniac
I can't get Setups to work in Nebula anymore. Updated to latest N4 but when I add program from finder it adds empty program. I'm on Windows using VST2.
I have a ton of setups I made a few months back but can't make any new ones now, can anyone please confirm? Cheers!
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I can't get Setups to work in Nebula anymore. Updated to latest N4 but when I add program from finder it adds empty program. I'm on Windows using VST2.
I have a ton of setups I made a few months back but can't make any new ones now, can anyone please confirm? Cheers!
I'm on Windows VST2, too... last version of Nebula. Setups is working for me.
Of course, you have to remember that it only creates the setup (dll file) if you start your host (Cubase, Reaper, etc...) as an administrator. Moreover, setups does not work at present for the new Nebula 4 official libraries (Mantis, Henry-q, etc.): they should solve this issue.

Last edited by robertom; 4th October 2018 at 01:32 PM..
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
Moreover, setups does not work at present for the new Nebula 4 official libraries (Mantis, Henry-q, etc.): they should solve this issue.
I've made setups for Henry-F, Bronze, Copper and Tokyo on Mac
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-setup.jpg  
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
I've made setups for Henry-F, Bronze, Copper and Tokyo on Mac
You are right, thanks! It works now for me too... tried with Henry-F
Old 4th October 2018
Whats wrong with this guy sending Private messages to pirate AlexB librarys ?

For christ sake. Why would he do that.
Old 4th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Whats wrong with this guy sending Private messages to pirate AlexB librarys ?

For christ sake. Why would he do that.
OOOOHHHH! You too, must be Yuri
Old 4th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompower9 View Post
OOOOHHHH! You too, must be Yuri
Who's Yuri ?

It actually sound Ukrainian, so I guess it must be him.

But again, who is he ?
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Who's Yuri ?

But again, who is he ?
I received the same request from this guy:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/members/346307-shibata/

He want to exchange AlexB libraries for free.
Old 4th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post

I didnt want to put him on a walk of shame but yeah, thats him.

Old 4th October 2018
Gear Nut

He messaged me the same. Highly irritating, I wait for payday, juggle things around, and if I can't buy what I need, I wait for the next payday!
Old 4th October 2018
Quote:
Who's Yuri ?

But again, who is he ?

This is the message I received a few days ago from Shibata, of course I did not respond due to it coming off as a little fishy. I'm not trying to put anybody on blast but Alex B's libraries are not that expensive to me. In accordance with what A GS member said earlier in the thread, "Get more funds". Perhaps I am taking this too seriously that some one out the blue would PM me looking to trade a couple libraries. I do have both of these in particular but I do not need anymore at this time. Seems that tomheavybeats has also received the same message.

You have received a new private message at Gearslutz from shibata, entitled "Nebula libraries".

This is the message that was sent:
Hi phantompower9!

My name is Yuri.
Looking for someone who has a two libraries from AlexB.

4KeQ Brown
AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - 4KeQ Brown (CLeQ Classic Logic eQ) - Nebula Programs (AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - 4KeQ Brown (CLeQ Classic Logic eQ) - Nebula Programs)

4KeQ Black
AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - 4KeQ Black - Nebula Programs (AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - 4KeQ Black - Nebula Programs)

I bought a lot of libraries lately and now, needed that two SSL eq's, but ran out of funds)

If you have them, i would be happy to exchange it on another lib's that maybe you don't have.

My current project setup around Alexb 9K console, sounds too modern now and requires more authentic sounding of 4k console and SSL 242 eq. Also tried 292 model from stock AA library - good, but only 1K and miss some vibe, that i hear in the demo of brown and black eq.

So, if you're interested, write me what libraries you need, i'll be in touch.
Cheers)
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post

+1
Old 4th October 2018
I guess thats the message he copy pasted to all of us, yeah.
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

I got the message as well. Is there a way to report this? This person should be banned.
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
I got the message as well. Is there a way to report this? This person should be banned.
Yes, in Private Messages there is a Report button next to Reply. I reported mine as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search