The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 21st September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice View Post
does anyone know of any other/better distressor libs, perhaps a lib that actually does compression rather than just the preamp mojo?

Additionally at this moment in time, what would be your first few libraries if you were starting out with Nebula right now, like me.

If it helps, I produce a lot of Techno and House and currently work both inside and outside of the box.
If I'm not wrong, once Zaphod sayd that they considered the distressor a not so relevant unit to sample. A workhorse for studios, but not a reference compressor. So, I don't think they are going to sample one in Acqua form. Among Nebula libraries there is no distressor I'm aware of.
My first libraries if I was starting now with Nebula: Tim Petherick Opto3a and U76 compressors, ELC24 EQ, Surge EQ, CTen61 EQ, RState EQ. One or two consoles from Alexb (one or two from MFC,N14,A16,SP79 for example). STN reverbs (the 6k library above all), BX20 from Cupwise and VNXT240. The free "All you can eat" by Henry Olonga, and the latest preamps collection from Cupwise. But of course I do not own or know the majority of existent libraries.
And I'm just talkin of the "unofficial" ones, that require N4 full.
Old 21st September 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
...And I'm just talkin of the "unofficial" ones, that require N4 full.
Excellent - thanks for the info, robertom.
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by think2wice View Post
Additionally at this moment in time, what would be your first few libraries if you were starting out with Nebula right now, like me.
I always suggest the first library any new Nebula user gets is the FREE HO "All You Can Eat" library. It's massive and absolutely FREE, spend your first 3-6 months using it, then start buying libraries to fill in what you are missing.

Before you start thinking "how good can it be if it's free", Henry was one of the top Nebula library developers for years, I even paid for AYCE and called it a best buy, so for free it's a steal IMHO. Henry was forced to stop selling libraries when the EU changed their small business laws, he then decided to offer his whole library for free to the Nebula community. Again, AYCE is a massive library full of many great libraries, I still use it every session. His Helios and 1073 preamps are still some of my favorite preamps.

FREE! - Nebulapresets

Scroll down, there are 4 different zip files and grab the missing files below them...... and enjoy!
Old 21st September 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I always suggest the first library any new Nebula user gets is the FREE HO "All You Can Eat" library. It's massive and absolutely FREE, spend your first 3-6 months using it, then start buying libraries to fill in what you are missing. ... ... His Helios and 1073 preamps are still some of my favorite preamps.

FREE! - Nebulapresets

Scroll down, there are 4 different zip files and grab the missing files below them...... and enjoy!

Thanks, Will. I'm downloading it now. Black Friday can't come soon enough!
Old 23rd September 2018
Gear Maniac
Ok i can't remember how i got these, i think David Gary found them, but here is a bunch of free programs/presets for Nebula: YR Free Presets- Latest: "JFET" (44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz) - I haven't tried all of them, but there is def some cool stuff in here.
Old 24th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
Hi,
It won’t make a difference changing that parameter for this comp as it was a single unit sampled and yes nebula’s evf affects both LR equally. For dual mono effect you will need to route two instances, one per side.
Thank you!
Old 25th September 2018
Lives for gear

I posted this on FB but I'll post it here as well.

AlexB VSF library...this is a must-have for all VST synth users.

Here is an example of AlexB MMG Line Amp with Spire VST (first without and then with)
MMG Line Amp @ Box
TSY Line Amp @ Box
KRG Line Amp @ Box

Coupled it with Tape > Console Line in > Cream/Water/Viridian EQ etc...YUM!!!!

The KRG, MMG, TSY Filters are smooth as well and you can automate them + prefer them over VST Synth filters.

Also, another highlight is the TSY BCF (Band Cut Filter) preset. Usually, we use EQ to HP and LP but with BCF, just move the fader and it gets you there really fast Used it with Ebony and BCF clears the bottom end effortlessly.

AlexB suggested: Use this filter when placed before any reverb (plugin, library or hardware processing) and bypassing the HPF/LPF in the reverb if present. Also in M/S mastering, it sounds fantastic.

More info on VSF @ AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - VSF Vintage Synth Filters - Nebula Programs
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Hi,
It won’t make a difference changing that parameter for this comp as it was a single unit sampled and yes nebula’s evf affects both LR equally. For dual mono effect you will need to route two instances, one per side.
So does that mean for true stereo processing you need to use 2 instances?
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
So does that mean for true stereo processing you need to use 2 instances?
Having the normal 1 instance equals even amount of compression each side (stereo) using the same envelope, if you wish to have the comp to work in dual mono, so each side works independent you need two instances.
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Nut

Perhaps it's been mentioned here and I missed it, but NebulaMan2 is available in the AA store now: NebulaMan2 - Acustica Audio

Quote:
What is NebulaMan? First, ask yourself a few questions...

Do you:

want to get a better overview of your Nebula repository?
want to compare different Nebula programs and program chains quickly, on the fly with a single keystroke or at a click of your mouse ?
like to experiment with Nebula programs and search for unexpected and fresh sound results?
want to compare different Nebula programs and program chains quickly, on the fly with a single keystroke or with a click of your mouse ?
If YES is the answer then NebulaMan is the right program for you.

Technically speaking, NebulaMan is a standalone program for real time previewing and offline processing (rendering) audio material with the state of the art Acustica Audio Nebula processing software (Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio). The second generation NebulaMan adds VST2 support for an even more unique , powerful and "fun" tool for realtime plug-in & fxchain loading and endless previewing, experimenting, tweaking, testing etc. etc.

NebulaMan runs on Windows (32 and 64 bit) and Mac OS X (64 bit) compatible computers.

If you want to use NebulaMan, you must first install and authorize Nebula software on your computer (the latest version of Nebula is recommended).
Quote:
New in version 2.0
VST 2.x plug-in support (including Nebula 4)
Redesigned main window with waveform display including left and right locators
FX browser dock new rendering window and options
"Instant Preview" (integrated into the Project Pool)
Improved playback & rendering engine new skin
CPU meter updated Acustica ACQUA library and QT framework
New skin
Old 28th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
Perhaps it's been mentioned here and I missed it, but NebulaMan2 is available in the AA store now: NebulaMan2 - Acustica Audio
THAT is wonderful news !!!

I'm extremely happy by this release.
Old 28th September 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Having the normal 1 instance equals even amount of compression each side (stereo) using the same envelope, if you wish to have the comp to work in dual mono, so each side works independent you need two instances.
Thanks for the clarification Tim. Btw I've been using on the opto 3 on the mixbus and it's brilliant! Great library man! Thank you!
Old 30th September 2018
Does anyone have N4 working in the new Studio One v4? It's the only one of my plugins that wasn't showing up in the list.

N4 was recently updated, as was S1 v4, and now N4 is showing up in my plugin list, but when I try to add it to a track, nothing happens.

Just seeing if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's working fine for anyone, before I submit a ticket.

Thanks
Old 30th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Does anyone have N4 working in the new Studio One v4? It's the only one of my plugins that wasn't showing up in the list.

N4 was recently updated, as was S1 v4, and now N4 is showing up in my plugin list, but when I try to add it to a track, nothing happens.

Just seeing if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's working fine for anyone, before I submit a ticket.

Thanks
I'm having the same issue, in S1 4 Nebula is not loading at all but it's working fine in S1 3.... very strange. I doubt this is an AA issue, I'm thinking this is a S1 4 issue.
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post

Thanks

Quote:
I'm having the same issue, in S1 4 Nebula is not loading at all but it's working fine in S1 3.... very strange. I doubt this is an AA issue, I'm thinking this is a S1 4 issue.
Here on S1v4 for Mac, N4 and Setups only works using vst-3 format. Acquas are recognized using both vst-2 or 3. Full database scan/rebuild is required, not refresh.
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Maniac
Does anyone here know what Tim P's Surge EQ emulates? Thank you.
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Some useful info here =)
Old 1st October 2018
Here for the gear
Hey guys, I already posted this in the acustica Audio and the official Nebula 4 threads but I got sent here...So this is just a copy paste..

I have a problem with Nebula 4..

Here's what happened:

After I bought it 1 week ago I was send to a page where I could download the legacy installers and installed N4 with them. After I installed the product it created a N4.dll , N4.ENG and N4 xml. plus some other folders. Now, when I tried to open it up in Ableton Live 9.7 I only got a white window that was so small you couldn't click anything except from the closing button.

I opened a ticket and support told me that the legacy installeds don't work and I should install N4 via Aquarius after uninstall and deleting the previously installed files (didn't thnk of aquarius at that time but I don't see why they still lead you to a page where you can download N4 installers that won't work?). Anyways, I did what support told me to do

In Aquarius Settings I set up the installation paths like that:

Stage Area path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Acustica\Aquarius\Stagearea\

N4 repository path: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Acustica Audio\

After reinstalling everything again Ableton crashes everytime I try to open an instance of N4. It's like it tries to load it, but then after a few seconds it gives up and closes. I contacted support again but ever since I didn't get any more replies ideas or any kind of help... Now, this is why I hope to find some help from you guys.. Any help? Any ideas? Is there something I do not see?

It's my first time ever having problems with AA, so I'm not mad or something, but still it's a little frustrating to spend 299€ for something that seems not to work and not getting the kind of support you hoped for... Anywaays.. Any help is highly appreciated!

(I work on Windos 10 Home, 64 bit)

Update: AA just sent me a Mail and told me to download all the MSVC++ files and install them and then trying again. Still not working...
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The GML 8200.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyctalgia View Post

I have a problem with Nebula 4..

You don't mention a path to the VST plugin.

As I said before....legacy installs appended a folder by default...upon installation...back when they used legacy or downloaded installs. That folder was called acustica64

If you have not deleted that folder...before installing again via aquarius ....it can create trouble for you because that is where the plugin itself used to reside.

Search for N4.dll and see if there are multiple entries or locations. See if you can locate that acustica64 folder and delete it.
Old 1st October 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
You don't mention a path to the VST plugin.

As I said before....legacy installs appended a folder by default...upon installation...back when they used legacy or downloaded installs. That folder was called acustica64

If you have not deleted that folder...before installing again via aquarius ....it can create trouble for you because that is where the plugin itself used to reside.

Search for N4.dll and see if there are multiple entries or locations. See if you can locate that acustica64 folder and delete it.
Thank you for your help and your ideas!

My main VST Plugin Path is: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Acustica Audio\
Every AA plugin is in there.
I searched for the N4.dll file but there is no other than the one I directly installed into the main N4 Folder. I deleted the acustica64 folder as soon as I uninstalled it for the first time.

There's something else I noticed.. Whenever I install N4 all the files go directly into the Nebula4 folder except from the N4.dll. Does this mean something?

Man this is so frustrating...
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
The GML 8200.
Cool, thanks Will!
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is where the N4.dll should be.

I assume the .AUT and .SER are in the nebula4temprepository.

Multiple copies of these will cause problems.

I would probably delete everything related and stage area files and re-install. As a paranoid user, trash those (old) acustica64 files from the recycle bin (they used to also have the .AUT and .SER files in there along with the .dll's)
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

So this is both your plugin path AND your N4temprepository path?

Not sure if it's a problem but I would have put the temprepository outside of any folder that will be scanned for plugins.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

If helpful.

My N4 repository: C:\Nebula4TempRepository

VST plugins : C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\acustica64
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Maniac
Just had some user randomly message me here asking if I wanted to swap some Alex B libraries. Such a small community, can people please support developers otherwise we risk losing them altogether. Not expensive. If you have run out of funds, just be patient and do what you can with the libraries you have.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post

Not sure if it's a problem but I would have put the temprepository outside of any folder that will be scanned for plugins.

Yes that could be problematic. I keep it in the Root as well.

Also since we are tossing ideas around I have N4 installed on a seperate internal HD and that works fine as well.

F:\Stage Area

F:\nebula4temprepository

F:\VSTPlugins\acustica64

This was a downloaded legacy install (Like OP) . Recently N4 updated fine and downloaded current files to the stage area. Aquarius setting just needs to be the correct path to the VST, and it all went smooth.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

No matter what I do I can not get N4 to load in Studio One v4.1..... it's just not loading.

I'm sticking with S1 v3.5 for now as Nebula works like normal and I don't have time to waste and I only have 1 song I was testing out in S1 v4.1, I'm not sure what the problem is..... time to report this to AA.
Old 1st October 2018
Quote:
Could be a bit of both, seeing that S1 v4 loads all my other VST2 plugs just fine ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
Old 2nd October 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
If helpful.

My N4 repository: C:\Nebula4TempRepository

VST plugins : C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\acustica64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post

Quote:
This is where the N4.dll should be.

I assume the .AUT and .SER are in the nebula4temprepository.

Multiple copies of these will cause problems.

I would probably delete everything related and stage area files and re-install. As a paranoid user, trash those (old) acustica64 files from the recycle bin (they used to also have the .AUT and .SER files in there along with the .dll's)

Quote:
Yes that could be problematic. I keep it in the Root as well.

Also since we are tossing ideas around I have N4 installed on a seperate internal HD and that works fine as well.

F:\Stage Area

F:\nebula4temprepository

F:\VSTPlugins\acustica64

This was a downloaded legacy install (Like OP) . Recently N4 updated fine and downloaded current files to the stage area. Aquarius setting just needs to be the correct path to the VST, and it all went smooth.

Ok guys..You are THE BEST!

After I used the legacy installers there was a folder created at C:\Nebula4TempRepository. I don't know why but I never saw that one and even when I used Windows search tool it never showed it to me. And of course, all the files where the ones from the first time I installed N4. I deleted the folder and reinstalled everything again and now its working!

Many thanks to you guys and especially the tips to the folder made me realise what the problem was. Can't thank you enough, I will think of you when I go to sleep tonight If I get some sleep..installing everything now and surely can't go to sleep until I tried at least a small part of it..

THANK YOU everyone!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search