The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 31st July 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Don't forget Alex's Moog EQ, it kills on bass.
Thanks for that pointer on the Moog EQ Will.
Just demoed it and it's perfect for what I'm looking for.
Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can someone post a link to this one? I'm not finding it on AlexB's website under EQ or Effect. Maybe I'm breezing right by it . . .
Old 31st July 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Can someone post a link to this one? I'm not finding it on AlexB's website under EQ or Effect. Maybe I'm breezing right by it . . .
AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - MPeQ Magic Parametric eQ - Nebula Programs

Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear

Yup. I was looking right at it.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Thanks for that pointer on the Moog EQ Will.
Just demoed it and it's perfect for what I'm looking for.
It's been the 1st EQ I reach for for bass for some years now.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I will have to add this to my list to try. Thanks Will. I love finding gems.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Yeah ... the AlexB MPeQ rarely gets a mention.

After I received this Library, I posted my observation/opinion on the AA site [years back], of an 'EQ' that I had no prior experience with.
At the time, I was stunned what this EQ did.

Now, I've not used it for quite some time in a Mastering situation. Also ... I forgot the NAME of the Library, so when N-4 went into Beta-testing, this
EQ fell off the radar. [in fact ... I overlooked it on Alex's website ... I was looking for MOOG ... it was 'Magic Parametric eQ' ... and it was.

Now I can put it into my N4 repository.

Thanks !!
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Geez Louise! And I just got a discount promotion email from AlexB! He must be listening in on my content and promoting deal offers like Facebook!
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Yeah ... the AlexB MPeQ rarely gets a mention.

After I received this Library, I posted my observation/opinion on the AA site [years back], of an 'EQ' that I had no prior experience with.
At the time, I was stunned what this EQ did.

Now, I've not used it for quite some time in a Mastering situation. Also ... I forgot the NAME of the Library, so when N-4 went into Beta-testing, this
EQ fell off the radar. [in fact ... I overlooked it on Alex's website ... I was looking for MOOG ... it was 'Magic Parametric eQ' ... and it was.

Now I can put it into my N4 repository.

Thanks !!
Yeah RJ, this is one of my favorite Nebula EQ's, but it flies very far under the radar of most for sure, I'm glad it's finally made your N4 repository.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Geez Louise! And I just got a discount promotion email from AlexB! He must be listening in on my content and promoting deal offers like Facebook!
Yes, I received the same!

Any AlexB recommendations? MFC is a mainstay for me because I use it mostly not for color (it's not really 'vibe') but for shape, space... dimension? It really seems to open things up, which is great for how I write.

But I like lo-fi/dark/'woody' tone mostly. I can't think of an equivalent Acqua or N3/4 library. Probably Langevin? (I think signaltonoize may have a Langevin library, actually)

I own Cream, Magenta, Lime and MFC. I'm covered "needs"-wise for EQs (and pres and compressors too) but anything that softens or darkens a source by AlexB would get a serious look from me
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post

Any AlexB recommendations? MFC is a mainstay for me because I use it mostly not for color (it's not really 'vibe') but for shape, space... dimension? It really seems to open things up, which is great for how I write.

But I like lo-fi/dark/'woody' tone mostly. I can't think of an equivalent Acqua or N3/4 library. Probably Langevin? (I think signaltonoize may have a Langevin library, actually)

I own Cream, Magenta, Lime and MFC. I'm covered "needs"-wise for EQs (and pres and compressors too) but anything that softens or darkens a source by AlexB would get a serious look from me
did you ever look at cupwise's radios and lofi distortion libraries there's a stack of them over at his site. pretty cool, and not-at-all like most other neb libraries. interesting. experimental. useful for flavouring sepia, dirty, dark & woody tones a-plenty..............
Old 1st August 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:

Hi! Plexus posted on the Nebula site and spent some time to show the tonality of the NEO console and the Stooder console making .wav's available to listen to.
I enjoyed the comparisons. Tried to thank him and say what I got from them but that bloody forum, and what I suspect at this stage is inbuilt incredulity, would no way allow me to post. Would let me write it all out, then tell me that I needed to log in. . Ridiculous at this stage.
So, THANKS PLEXUS, it was good to hear the different flavors.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi! Plexus posted on the Nebula site and spent some time to show the tonality of the NEO console and the Stooder console making .wav's available to listen to.
I enjoyed the comparisons. Tried to thank him and say what I got from them but that bloody forum, and what I suspect at this stage is inbuilt incredulity, would no way allow me to post. Would let me write it all out, then tell me that I needed to log in. . Ridiculous at this stage.
Yes ... the Log-IN issue on the AA website is still causing me grief. Particularly being one of the Beta-Test team.

Earlier tonite I received Email from high level Tech of AA asking for detailed info regarding this issue.

Hopefully I have provided what they needed in order to get this resolved.
Old 1st August 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Yes ... the Log-IN issue on the AA website is still causing me grief. Particularly being one of the Beta-Test team.

Earlier tonite I received Email from high level Tech of AA asking for detailed info regarding this issue.

Hopefully I have provided what they needed in order to get this resolved.
Thanks for that RJ, I hope so too. What really freaks me out is that it used to be a good platform to interact on, Computers don't just get "tired of doing things" or whatever excuse they have.
I appreciate your help.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for that RJ, I hope so too. What really freaks me out is that it used to be a good platform to interact on, Computers don't just get "tired of doing things" or whatever excuse they have.
I appreciate your help.
I will post any update to this issue when I get it.

What I understand is that this may be a 'regional' issue. I'm in the USA.

Also, as a B-Tester, I have an elevated site status with access to the 'beta' forums, which would have different Administrative settings.

Big THANKS to ACUSTICA-PRESS for making the connection to AA Tech for me.

This has cost serious participation in my Reporting for the Magenta-4 project [among others]. Not good.
Old 1st August 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
I will post any update to this issue when I get it.

What I understand is that this may be a 'regional' issue. I'm in the USA.

Also, as a B-Tester, I have an elevated site status with access to the 'beta' forums, which would have different Administrative settings.

Big THANKS to ACUSTICA-PRESS for making the connection to AA Tech for me.

This has cost serious participation in my Reporting for the Magenta-4 project [among others]. Not good.
Man, do you ever sleep?

I'd be spitting feathers if I had to put up with your situation.

We live in hope. Thanks again. John.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
did you ever look at cupwise's radios and lofi distortion libraries there's a stack of them over at his site. pretty cool, and not-at-all like most other neb libraries. interesting. experimental. useful for flavouring sepia, dirty, dark & woody tones a-plenty..............
Oh man, I have some of his older cassette reverbs... TOTALLY forgot about those. Thanks!

Quote:
Yes, been thinking about the Stooder but not familiar with the NEO. What flavor is the NEO board?
Old 1st August 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Oh man, I have some of his older cassette reverbs... TOTALLY forgot about those. Thanks!

Yes, been thinking about the Stooder but not familiar with the NEO. What flavor is the NEO board?
Well, here goes! Stooder seemed to me to be a sober, stable, kind of an Amethysty sound whereas Neo is more lively and vibrant sounding.

Hope that makes some sense,it does to me, but hey! I'm probably getting resonance off my zimmer frame.

Download the wav's from AA's Nebula site, ( Active Topics ), some interesting graphs there on them too.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, here goes! Stooder seemed to me to be a sober, stable, kind of an Amethysty sound whereas Neo is more lively and vibrant sounding.

Hope that makes some sense,it does to me, but hey! I'm probably getting resonance off my zimmer frame.

Download the wav's from AA's Nebula site, ( Active Topics ), some interesting graphs there on them too.
Thanks, I need to hang out there more... just saw the new AlexB WSW announcement.
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. I cannot promise anything but I will pass your message to the company.
I think it would be more fair if it was at least offered for maybe another year or two but only at sale times i.e. upgrade during black friday if you haven't already. Izotope does this, I think Avid does this, etc. (and those two are on version what again? 8 and 12?) Come to think of it N4 was on sale this past year correct?

The high price and limited time to save are real barriers when, to me, it's just taken off. Mantis, Tokyo Tube EQ, Bronze and more are quite good. People buy mostly for the libraries.
Old 2nd August 2018
Gear Addict

About the stooder console...does anyone have any opinions about it?
Old 3rd August 2018
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Synonym Music;13450258]I think it would be more fair if it was at least offered for maybe another year or two but only at sale times i.e. upgrade during black friday if you haven't already.

I asked some questions about the initial offer. At that time I thought they were still floating the idea not realising it was actually a firm offer because no one on this thread seemed very interested in it apart from the comments that it was expensive.
After that I never heard anything about it never received any promotional emails etc

I read here at the end of July that it was the August 8 deadline and realised I wouldn't make it because I want some acquas first and the N4 boat has sailed at least for now.

I'm just wondering how many people even heard that there might be a N4 Slightly reduced upgrade price?

I have to agree with Synonym Music that the whole upgrade path is really
badly done. There must be tens of thousands of people who don't check
GS Facebook etc and would have absolutely no idea that there was an upgrade offer.
Old 3rd August 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Decided to give it a go. This thing is insane...
Old 3rd August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Decided to give it a go. This thing is insane...
I'm glad you are enjoying it as I said I reach for it first for bass, Alex captured it well. I'm not sure why it is not popular, but I care little for what's popular or not, I'm all about tool quality.
Old 3rd August 2018
Gear Addict

Need to grab this Moog EQ...I used to assist a Producer/Engineer called Dave Eringa and he had tons and tons of gear but absolutely LOVED his Moog EQ which was super heavy (in KGs) if I remember correctly! lol

He also had an awesome Grommes G5M Valve Mixer which I believed was the basis for the TriTOne Digital ValveTone '62 Plugin, the first IR captured plugin I ever used!

Dave also had an awesome Scamp Rack, be nice to see these in Nebula Land, kind of the original 500 series rack, late 70s ADR stuff.
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

how do you think MMeQ is doing vs Magenta4 eq A guys ?
Old 4th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
I used to assist a Producer/Engineer called Dave Eringa
Gah, I'm a massive Manic Street Preachers fan. Dave is a legend! That's awesome.
Old 4th August 2018
Gear Maniac
Has anyone compared Mantis to Tim P's L-Bus? I am aware they are different beasts and i can demo Mantis, but i'm scared my GAS may kick in lol!
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Has anyone compared Mantis to Tim P's L-Bus? I am aware they are different beasts and i can demo Mantis, but i'm scared my GAS may kick in lol!
If you demo it, you’ll buy it.
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Don't do it !!

Mantis is very different [sonically] to L-BUS.

Mantis is much more transparent and open sounding, yet can fill out the foundation 'meat' of a track. Especially nice for Mastering. Love it ... plus it is very easy to setup.

L-BUS has that 'classic' character a lot of people go for [understandably]. I hate to sound 'critical' of such a 'popular' compressor ... and I have used it often [many times WITH Mantis]. In practice, a 1dB reduction.

To throw 'care to the Neb thread wind' ... the latest MAGENTA-4 [ACQUA] Compressor is getting called for my current Mastering session. This brings another dimension/control to the equation.

Nice to have so many quality choices to pick/choose from. For my work, I need all of these.

Did that help ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search