The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 19th July 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
I will report back after the disaster happens.
I really hope that disaster doesn't happen for you man. I held off updating for ages and when i eventually did i had a total nightmare, so yeah, best of luck dude.

Like RJ said, make up a backup folder of your nebula4 folder on your desktop. Were you in the habit of using N4ZL?
Old 19th July 2018
Lives for gear

I've finally got this darned thing installed.

Does anyone know where I can find the manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
N4 Manual (end of the page) @ N4 - Acustica Audio
N4 - Acustica Audio page has some text that *looks* like it is supposed to be a hypertext link to the manual, but it's broken.
Old 19th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
I've finally got this darned thing installed.

Does anyone know where I can find the manual?

N4 - Acustica Audio page has some text that *looks* like it is supposed to be a hypertext link to the manual, but it's broken.
Click on the download overviews tab next to system requirements and scroll down.
Old 19th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Click on the download overviews tab next to system requirements and scroll down.
Thanks!
Old 20th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
I've now given up fighting; I'm moving other stuff off my system drive to make space for all of the Acustica data. Hopefully this will get it working.
Just one more reason to not waste your HD space with the N4 stock library, lol.
Old 20th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
I really hope that disaster doesn't happen for you man. I held off updating for ages and when i eventually did i had a total nightmare, so yeah, best of luck dude.

Like RJ said, make up a backup folder of your nebula4 folder on your desktop. Were you in the habit of using N4ZL?
Thanks. I have the nebula4temprepository folder backed up. I hope I have time this weekend. Then I can trial a lot of the new stuff I have been hearing about
Old 20th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Thanks. I have the nebula4temprepository folder backed up. I hope I have time this weekend. Then I can trial a lot of the new stuff I have been hearing about
Also ... grab the N4 specific from your VST Folder. [if you already have N4 installed ... I've lost track where u are in this].
Old 20th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
As I told you before, just skip the AA library, it's 10GB and you might use 5 programs total, lol. Most of us have not used the AA library in many years and don't miss it, the magic of Nebula has always been the 3rd party developers.

HO's AYCE is bigger and so much better IMHO and is the unofficial stock Nebula library to the Nebula community, full of many amazing programs you'll use as long as you use Nebula. That's why it's the first library we always reccomend to new users, NOT the AA library.
Out of curiosity, and this applies to anyone who uses it, which AYCE libraries get the most use?
Old 20th July 2018
Lives for gear

Air, Titan, 1073, Culture Vulture, Curve Bender, and 20 plus other programs...... then there is the mic's, the many mojo programs, and amps that get used from time to time based my needs..... don't forget Henry's Bricasti releases with converters.

That's just off the top of my head, if I see the list i'll remember more, lol.
Old 20th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Temoti View Post
Out of curiosity, and this applies to anyone who uses it, which AYCE libraries get the most use?
Mics and Pres

So effective.
Old 23rd July 2018
Lives for gear

AlexB 4K Console Skin available @ Log in to Facebook | Facebook

€10
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

What I would really like to see, is a N4 Version of an SPL Vitalizer, with some different tubes options (stock, Telefunken, Mullard, Philips).

That one I would buy in a heartbeat!
Old 24th July 2018
I want multi instance loading in Nebula
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
I want multi instance loading in Nebula
Don't we all!!!! LOL

Best we are going to get is the new N4 libraries like the amazing Bronze EQ.
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

@Simonator , how did stuff turn out? Did you get it up and running? Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed your musings - well since the dawn of Gearslutz IIRC . . Hope everythings ok
Old 24th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
AlexB 4K Console Skin available @ Log in to Facebook | Facebook

€10
I would like to have his 88RS console skin instead. Can you do it?
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
@Simonator , how did stuff turn out? Did you get it up and running? Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed your musings - well since the dawn of Gearslutz IIRC . . Hope everythings ok
Hi,

Yes, I think it's finally installed properly, thanks.

Had a quick play around, but not yet had chance to use it properly in a song yet... Will soon find out if I need a new computer!
Old 24th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
I would like to have his 88RS console skin instead. Can you do it?
JPN has already done that one!
Old 24th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
JPN has already done that one!
where can I find it please?

edit: Nevermind I found it.
Old 24th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan View Post
What I would really like to see, is a N4 Version of an SPL Vitalizer, with some different tubes options (stock, Telefunken, Mullard, Philips).

That one I would buy in a heartbeat!
There's TimP's EL Enhancer which is the fletcher munson curve from that hardware and a simple 'soft bass' sub enhancement to mix in. Also has a fixed frequency exciter control too. It's really nice anyway, recommend checking it out!
Old 25th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
There's TimP's EL Enhancer which is the fletcher munson curve from that hardware and a simple 'soft bass' sub enhancement to mix in. Also has a fixed frequency exciter control too. It's really nice anyway, recommend checking it out!
Ah, thnx. Didn`t know that one`s taken from a Vitalizer MK2-T.
It`s a start. Still hoping for a fully fledged, Vitalizer MK2-T N4 library tho.
Miss the hardware, the PI one doesn`t do it justice. imho.
Old 27th July 2018
Old 30th July 2018
Gear Nut

Hey guys, just a reminder that this crossgrade offer will be open until the 8th of August. I've quoted myself below as there were many comments and questions about it. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post
Hey guys, we are listening! We looked at the situation with Nebula 3/Nebula 3 Pro/Nebula 3 Server owners we are going to temporarily provide an upgrade path to N4 with a 40% discount from the list price (this in fact is the second time an upgrade from N3 to N4 is offered - the first case was more than an year ago when N4 first came out. Frankly, I don't know if there will be a third time - possibly not! Also please keep in mind that this offer will expire on the 8th of August!

All Nebula 3/Nebula 3 Pro/Nebula 3 Server should receive an email with more details and unique upgrade coupon that can be used at checkout. One thing to note is that if you chose to use this upgrade discount, you will not be able to sell your N3 license. The emailing may take some time, so please allow at least 2 days from this announcement to receive the email. If you don't see such in your inbox, please first check your spam folder. If you still can't see any emails, please open a sale ticket from our website.

I hope this makes the transition from N3 to N4 more reasonable for existing N3 owners. I am happy to hear any feedback you may have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post
Hey guys,

Please find some answers below.

And this is perfectly fine - I get your point. You have both the free N4P and the now freeware old standalone version of Setups to support this system. However, at the bottom of this post I will outline some differences and directions, which are worth considering.

Well, the list price is €299, the discount brings it to €179.4, that's €119.6 off. So really, what you are saying is that:

a) €179.4 is not worth for what you get in return - I'll try to answer to this at the bottom of the post. And again, consider the free N4P and the old N3 Setups being made a freeware now as the opposite of us pushing you to crossgrade. And

b) as to the offer being time limited, the reason is this... This offer was not planned at all. Right at the start when we released N4 there was an even better cross-grade plan and many got it for around €100. Yes, at the time N4 had far less features than now.

But as I saw complaints both here and on our Facebook group I requested such offer from management and they approved it. But we use coupons and to my knowledge all of our coupons expire after time. It is not that we cannot do this again, but considering that N3 was released in 2007, we simply think that it is fair to move on. A lot of companies do it - you get charged when you go from version A to version B of a software. I really think that we are one of the few companies to offer free upgrades in almost all cases - think Pink1 to Pink2 or Ivory2 to Ivory3 transition. Were these not huge and absolutely free updates? A lot of companies will most certainly charge you for such upgrades. In fact, I may be missing something, but I am not even sure if there were ANY other paid upgrades? To my knowledge, N3 to N4 is the first crossgrade we ask money for in a very long time. But again, N3 is a 2007 thing and we really put a lot of time in N4 and this will continue to happen (see below).

But also, according my information, at AES Milan there will be news revealed, which will show the company's direction. And by August we should hopefully have some extra features in N4, which may make you reconsider (or not). So there actually is enough time to get more info and take decisions according to what you think is the best for you without rushing.

Yes, I understand this is the main group of people who actually have the strongest argument here. Honestly you are the person I fear the most what to reply to as I can see the situation you are into. Unfortunately we cannot make this offer retroactively - I asked twice!

I am sorry that you missed the initial cross-grade period and I understand that the slightly lower price until recently with only €30 less doesn't really make any difference.

So below I will outline some differences between N3 and N4, and some directions, which hopefully will give you comfort that we value you as customers and that getting N4 was a good decision. We are and we will continue working on N4. It is gradually becoming a center piece for everything we do in combo with Aquarius.

If you want me to pass back some feedback, please let me know.

OK, I have asked myself the same question before you did. First is a list of differences I could find when comparing myself the two products.
1) Server support - in development, more info to follow, wait for AES Milan. Support asked me to not even mention it, so please allow for some time to tell you more about it. I am mentioning it as it is listed on our website and I already spoke vaguely about it here + GC isn't fully secretive, especially on his personal Instagram.

2) Presets system - you can save exact settings for Nebula or Acqua libraries. So for example you can have you can have your go-to vocal comp saved for one click recall with specific ratio, attack, release, etc. There are possible extra features being considered here.

3) 3 extra compressors - see pics attached - Rose (opto & FET options, hand-built by SoundDrops for AA to sample it - same guy that just released the Mantis library, built Scarlet/Emerald, A section in Cream, etc.), YROY (with a ton of comp emulations - see pic), Violet (inspired by a mastering British made vacuum tube comp, which a lot people requested as an Acqua already)

BTW, you also get Rose and Violet Aquas standalone plug-ins together with N4!

4) N4 comes with its own library - CPCL v5 in N4 vs CPCL v4 in N3. I still need to dig into the differences as the lists I have been given are just huge. A lot of programs seem to be the same, but here you can find a folder with documents that list the programs included in both. And also in N4 this library can be installed though Aquarius.

Box

CPCL5 is around 11GB in total - see pic attached below. You can trial with N4P via Aquarius install/uninstall and see if it is worth it in your own opinion and if there are any significant differences (I'll try to gather more info).

5) Nebula Setups in N4 - as opposed to the now freeware standalone version for N3, this one is integrated in N4, will see future updates and can do also Acqua Libraries for N4 setups - it is fully compatible with N4.

I think what it does or does not was already discussed in enough detail in this thread recently, so I will skip that.
Then I asked the guys in the Lodi office what differences they see other than those I found and listed above. Mind you, I did not ask them 'What to say on GS?' or 'How to convince the guys on GS?', I asked, 'Why do you think makes N4 worth it and what sets it apart from N3?'
6) From support/management:

Officially N3 a legacy product and we can not ensure it will work in next operating systems from Apple and Microsoft. It is not for sale any more. Official support will most probably be dropped fully towards the end of the year. (This is not to say that it will certainly not work in the next OS - we simply don't know what Apple and Microsoft have on their minds and we cannot support forever a product released 11 years ago).

We will add more features to N4 but we cannot announce these now as we can not ensure the exact release date/time-frame.

Libraries for N4 are certificated and will not crash N4 like old 3rd party did with Nebula3 due to illegal tags. (Of course some of the old 3rd party developers made fantastic and stable libraries! I myself use TimP's stuff a lot and as a developer I have learnt a lot from him!)

7) From GC:

N3 - Today if you want to get a new authorization you have to wait several days. Why? A part of N4 development (huge and leading to a lot of bugs) was about migrating to the new Acqua protection system, because the old system was based exclusively on Windows servers. Acquas now run on a N4 engine, not a N3 engine. So we moved all these products to the new system. The old N3 system is now supported only manually. It is an ancient system based on the crypting of initialization files, and we cannot support at all this system in Aquarius.

Don't compare N4 to N4 Player - you cannot edit programs - you can't change anything, even simple things as the number of harmonics of a program (KERN). Yes you can do in Nebula3, but Nebula3 is not on sale any more, and it is an ancient tech, full of bugs, which cannot load any of the new Aquarius libraries that will be coming out. N4 does and will allow for various tweaks to those who want to do so.
I hope this puts things into perspective. This being said, I do not dictate sales of product policies and I am not trying to push you into N4. I am here to communicate what the company does and can return back any feedback from you in a synthesized, briefer and clear way.

Any feedback is welcome.

Best wishes
Old 30th July 2018
Lives for gear
At least give previous version owners the option to upgrade at reduced cost around black friday or the holidays (like every other company on planet earth). I mean come on, Nebula 4's only gotten good within the past 6 months.

As a former business major this gives me heartburn. Nebula 3 went for too cheap, we get it.
Old 31st July 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music View Post
At least give previous version owners the option to upgrade at reduced cost around black friday or the holidays (like every other company on planet earth). I mean come on, Nebula 4's only gotten good within the past 6 months.

As a former business major this gives me heartburn. Nebula 3 went for too cheap, we get it.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I cannot promise anything but I will pass your message to the company.
Old 31st July 2018
Gear Addict
Alex B T65 EQ

Hi! Lads, is the Alex B T65 eq, stunning- ok- or just lost by a head to#?
I'm wanting a RICH bass sound, I have some good ones, but I've been considering Silk, WSW and T65 as shapers.
Where do you think T65 fits in this realm.
Thanks for your considerations. John.
Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Hi! Lads, is the Alex B T65 eq, stunning- ok- or just lost by a head to#?
I'm wanting a RICH bass sound, I have some good ones, but I've been considering Silk, WSW and T65 as shapers.
Where do you think T65 fits in this realm.
Thanks for your considerations. John.
Rich bass from Alex B I would reach for the 495 first. I had no idea Alex did the WSW as well that would be a great choice too.
Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear
Last day of July, will Sounddrops be dropping some sound on us today?
Old 31st July 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Rich bass from Alex B I would reach for the 495 first. I had no idea Alex did the WSW as well that would be a great choice too.
Thanks Asher, I'll look into that, much appreciated. John.
Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Don't forget Alex's Moog EQ, it kills on bass.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search