The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Thanks, I've been seriously contemplating going the N4 route this year.
Be warned that it is a one way road.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear
Support N4 and the indie devs!
For those seeking the very best!

(Some modest learning required. Bit like Kontakt)

You can do it.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Support N4 and the indie devs!
For those seeking the very best!

(Some modest learning required. Bit like Kontakt)

You can do it.
+1 My sentiments exactly.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone else played around with TimP’s CTen61 V2 yet?
Old 10th July 2018
For now I see no needs ITB. I'm still tripping with the 31102 tho
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
No problem, enjoy tim p, Tim c, Alex b, cds, Henry O, AITB, and all the new libraries. Just make sure you get JUST what you need and don’t get GAS like me lmao...... I’m BROKE.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

and ... there are new products that run only on N-4 that are built like an ACQUA. Multi-Band EQ's, Compressors.

Last few days, we've been beta-testing an upcoming N4 equalizer release that is going to drive some crazy happy.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Anyone else played around with TimP’s CTen61 V2 yet?
great, high quality all rounder for tracks. i use the filters on almost everything. highly recommended.
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodistortion View Post
Just picked up TimP's CTen61 v2 EQ

Exceeded my expectations, I have most of Tim's EQ's and Comps.

Not sure I need Silk, how does it compare to Soundtoys SieQ?
I have both. At 44.1 it's pretty close tbh, but Tim's has the edge on SieQ.
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
No problem, enjoy tim p, Tim c, Alex b, cds, Henry O, AITB, and all the new libraries. Just make sure you get JUST what you need and don’t get GAS like me lmao...... I’m BROKE.
Lol! GAS is a killer man! "This could be the one!" Broke!
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdosh View Post
Me too, perhaps this summer (now that I've bought so many Acquas that AA sends me level 50% loyalty coupon codes, buying N4 becomes a pretty big temptation).
Ive been looking for a mixing solution to move a tad faster. A light bulb went off in my head after demoing the new SSL channelstrip by PA. Has everything I need per channel including undo and redo, doesnt sound to shabby. Then surround it with N4 for color and Aquas on busses. If I could do it over Id probably go N4/Player but Im so far down the Aqua rabbit hole I may as well wait it out for Magenta4 before completely migrating.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Be warned that it is a one way road.
lol Ive been dabbling with the idea for a couple years but was focused more on my home mastering setup and taking the time to listen and study each of the Aqua releases to further define my tastes. I basically have what I want now. Ive been getting more mixing/producing gigs so N4 is looking like a better solution for that.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
and ... there are new products that run only on N-4 that are built like an ACQUA. Multi-Band EQ's, Compressors.

Last few days, we've been beta-testing an upcoming N4 equalizer release that is going to drive some crazy happy.
Tease. Im only looking forward to DibiQuadro's Yellow. if its not that then
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Another one coming soon by London Acoustics - Osaka EQ!!! (End August/Sept)
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

Yeah, Soundrops are starting to carve out a nice little reputation RJ...... the Nebula 4 future is certainly looking brighter with them in it.
Old 11th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Wait for BF in November if you can. that’s when i bought it last year.
Old 12th July 2018
Lives for gear

2 Neb-Acqua products from Dibiquadro Audio by year end
Brass - Mixing EQ
Virgo - Guitar Amplifier
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

I've just bought N4.

Spent the past two days battling to make it work.

Getting close - the plug-in GUI now appears in my DAW!

However, this time around, Aquarius is not actually reinstalling the libraries; it appears only to be doing an authorisation (for content that's not there).

Can anyone tell me how I can redownload the factory library?
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Have you set the locations in Aquarius correctly. Where did you try to install libraries to before?
It's possible they are in the Aquarius staging area so don't need re-downloading.

Check through the settings of Aquarius to see where the staging area is and check if you have anything for the libraries in there.
Then check the N4temprepository location is where it should be and that's where they are installing to....sorry don't know where that would be on Mac.

Finally you can check in N4 itself from the finder where it is looking for the libraries and this obviously must match the installed location (N4temprepository)

It is a bit convoluted. If you fail to set the Aquarius settings correctly before starting it can get messy. No easy way to move stuff if you got it wrong, you have to uninstall with Aquarius and then reinstall after changing to correct location (always from Aquarius)
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Have you set the locations in Aquarius correctly. Where did you try to install libraries to before?
I initially tried to set the content to be on my external drive where I keep all such content.
The POS software didn't seem to like this - from experimenting now, it seems to be that that was making N4 not work at all. I tried reinstalling many times, the only way it works is if you let it install everything to the main system drive - I've now reluctantly accepted this and will let it eat 10GB of my SSD.

Quote:
It's possible they are in the Aquarius staging area so don't need re-downloading.

Check through the settings of Aquarius to see where the staging area is and check if you have anything for the libraries in there.
Then check the N4temprepository location is where it should be and that's where they are installing to....sorry don't know where that would be on Mac.

Finally you can check in N4 itself from the finder where it is looking for the libraries and this obviously must match the installed location (N4temprepository)
It definitely installed to the external drive on first attempt.... And when Aquarius uninstalled, it has definitely deleted all that content - it's now an empty file there.

Also not in the application support files on my system drive; that's only 202 Mb now; well short of the 10 GB library data size.

Quote:
It is a bit convoluted. If you fail to set the Aquarius settings correctly before starting it can get messy. No easy way to move stuff if you got it wrong, you have to uninstall with Aquarius and then reinstall after changing to correct location (always from Aquarius)
It's an absolutely shambolic mess.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
It's an absolutely shambolic mess.
Only at first, once you understand what's going on and why it's easy. Always remember AA has a different way of doing things and this is the most advanced yet CPU demanding software in the pro audio world. The results speak for themselves in the end but at first it can seem like a mess, especially on a Mac.

I see here you purchased N4, IMHO skip the 10GB AA library and go straight to HO's free AYCE, it will change how you see digital audio forever IMHO. The library is huge FWIW and will take months to get your hear around it, but there in no single better tool inside the box, the fact it's now free is comical but awesome for those new to Nebula.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
the only way it works is if you let it install everything to the main system drive - I've now reluctantly accepted this and will let it eat 10GB of my SSD.
Or, I believe to a seperate internal drive, as I currently have it on F: on my studio desktop machine. It's eating your system drive, but it is best to run from there for performance reasons. You might consider getting another SSD installed in the future, and I assume that would work well.

My advice is to keep the Stage area on the external drive. Plug it in when you need to update, or access aquarius. If it is a static drive letter, It should work fine. You don't need them on a fast drive. I only point this out because I have seen people putting them on their SSD's and eating up space, and it is unnecessary.

Welcome to Nebula, and as Will said get the Henry Olonga stuff after you get going. It's a treasure trove.
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post

I see here you purchased N4, IMHO skip the 10GB AA library and go straight to HO's free AYCE
Will, so isn't there anything you like in the new N4 library? I continue to use the rooms in the standard library, I prefer them to EAR ones for example...
In my opinion the revised YROY is not bad at all, too.. And some preamp is very good(I continue to use the UA pres).
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
Will, so isn't there anything you like in the new N4 library? I continue to use the rooms in the standard library, I prefer them to EAR ones for example...
In my opinion the revised YROY is not bad at all, too.. And some preamp is very good(I continue to use the UA pres).
Strictly speaking about the AA vs. HO free libraries, there are some ok programs in the stock AA but you have to sort through too much average to find them IMHO. I always suggest just going to the HO AYCE as it's full of top quality programs and I don't want new users becoming discouraged at first going through average programs. I don't normally use any of the AA in my daily work, but I still use HO's in every session thus I treat it like the new user was sitting next to me discovering Nebula, I'm not going to load any stock N4 library to show what N4 can really do, so I'm not going to recommend it first over HO, lol.

As always to each their own.
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Nut

Anyone know if it is still possible to get a Nebulaman license?
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
Anyone know if it is still possible to get a Nebulaman license?
software dot support at zabukowski dot com
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Strictly speaking about the AA vs. HO free libraries, there are some ok programs in the stock AA but you have to sort through too much average to find them IMHO. I always suggest just going to the HO AYCE as it's full of top quality programs and I don't want new users becoming discouraged at first going through average programs. I don't normally use any of the AA in my daily work, but I still use HO's in every session thus I treat it like the new user was sitting next to me discovering Nebula, I'm not going to load any stock N4 library to show what N4 can really do, so I'm not going to recommend it first over HO, lol.

As always to each their own.
Would you be able to name any program in particular that you like?
I find HO library overwhelming in terms of amount of content. It would be nice to know what other people think about some of the programs or perhaps there is an old thread worth reading?
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Would you be able to name any program in particular that you like?
I find HO library overwhelming in terms of amount of content. It would be nice to know what other people think about some of the programs or perhaps there is an old thread worth reading?
Start with the mic's and preamps.... the Titan 2 pre is killer, use the hard for a sweet low end roll off, his 1073 has different drive too, making his preamps very useful for tonal drive. There is also a full pdf list of Henry's whole library.
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I find HO library overwhelming in terms of amount of content.
I don't know whether or not you'd be interested in this, but it was useful to me. You can use this to change the programs' default names to names of the actual gear used. Maybe that will make it easier to sift through things...

If you want, you can just add the HO stuff to your ROM .xml file. (I think I got in there and changed a few program names that overlapped w/ some other third party libraries, too.)

You can re-name this text file as an .xml file.

Nebula browser mod | Logic X Interface Mods
Attached Files
File Type: txt Rom.txt (16.7 KB, 101 views)
Old 15th July 2018
Lives for gear

I've now downloaded the Henry Olonga libraries. How do I get N4 to recognise third party libraries?

I've seen stuff about 'vectors' etc, but it doesn't mean anything to me yet.

On a related note, I can't find a user manual for N4. Is there one?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search