The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz View Post
Hi Mr Press, will the server solution be available before Modula is released ? And will we need to authorize all the plugins on all the computers used in network, or will there be a network-shared auth system (hope so !) ?

Thanks.
I wish server plugins could work on Linux. It would be so much more economical to run it off say Ubuntu box connected to the local network.
Old 29th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
IIRC not possible if you're using Cubase. I think Studio One can, not sure about other daws.
Yes, we can do that in Studio One.
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
IIRC not possible if you're using Cubase. I think Studio One can, not sure about other daws.
What is IIRC?
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

If I recall correctly.
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
If you are going to need someone to beta test this feature I am happy to help I have full N4.
Haha, noted!

Quote:
Hi Mr Press, will the server solution be available before Modula is released ? And will we need to authorize all the plugins on all the computers used in network, or will there be a network-shared auth system (hope so !) ?

Thanks.
It is a little early to give ETA for either, but my info says that Modula will be released with the most essential functionality first, then extras will be added step by step. I would imagine that the last thing to be added will be the physical controller (which we have done some work on but it is all quite unclear, as we would like to have some scalability options there too). As to licenses - no idea how this will be handled, but I am sure that there will be no reason to worry and the existence of multiple computers will be taken into account.

I'll try to get more info!
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post

It is a little early to give ETA for either, but my info says that Modula will be released with the most essential functionality first, then extras will be added step by step. I would imagine that the last thing to be added will be the physical controller (which we have done some work on but it is all quite unclear, as we would like to have some scalability options there too). As to licenses - no idea how this will be handled, but I am sure that there will be no reason to worry and the existence of multiple computers will be taken into account.

I'll try to get more info!
Thanks ! But my first question was more about knowing if we could use the server function without Modula, and before Modula gets released ?
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Thanks ! But my first question was more about knowing if we could use the server function without Modula, and before Modula gets released ?
As i remember it from one of GC'S insta videos we will be able to use the server function without Modula and that will be available later this year, autumn maybe. And if i remember correctly it is actually ready for windows now but they have to work on the mac version.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
Does anyone know if the CHND (Royale Yellow Exclusive) compressor in for N4 is the Germanium?
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yes, it will be possible! So for the server function you will need the full N4, not Modula.

Modula and the server are independent from each other, but also made to be used in conjunction and a perfect match.
Old 5th June 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone know how to change the skin in Violet to the red one like it's displayed in Aquarius? I might muck around with the xml file and see if I can get it to work, but if you already know, plz let me know

Edit: Never mind. I reinstalled in Aquarius and that did the trick!
Old 11th June 2018
Hello ! Does anyone have the AITB Tube console bundle ? I can't demo it and I would like to know a few opinions about the Eq and the console itself.
Thanks !
Old 11th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBeer View Post
Hello ! Does anyone have the AITB Tube console bundle ? I can't demo it and I would like to know a few opinions about the Eq and the console itself.
Thanks !
It works sometimes on the master. On individual channels it's too much for me; as you'd expect from an excess of "tube" gear. Midsy, growly tone but rather boxy.
Old 12th June 2018
Lives for gear
Haven't tried Aitb but Cdsm has another old library for tube and tube booster. I use them as a console now and again for that super larger than life full bodied sound. He has a good collection of tubes including bugle boy and mullard.

More expensive but worth it IMO.
Old 12th June 2018
Thank you for your replies ! I think I'll buy it anyway . I'll find a place for it.
Meanwhile I bought the Boss eq and the Twang mojo. The Boss is great for guitars and the Twang works for many sources that require a high shelf boost.
Here's the boss EQ in LBX stripper (10 Nebula instances) :
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone purchase the new AlexB Studer yet?
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Addict
Has anyone tried CDSoundMaster Audio Software | Helios Type 69 Console Channel and EQ - apparently sampled Helios 69. How this one compares to UAD's emulation?
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Addict
Has anyone tried CDSoundMaster Audio Software | Helios Type 69 Console Channel and EQ - apparently sampled Helios 69. How this one compares to UAD's emulation?
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I own them and its neck and neck with cds version having a bit more thickness.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Just a heads up folks..... Tim P has a v2 of his 1102 coming soon.

It's amazing how Tim can improve on what seems to be perfect, lol.
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post

some geeky info here- Timp news - Page 54 -

a lot of the techniques have been added to past librarys...for example silk, gyrator, dual.... etc
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimP Nebula View Post
some geeky info here- Timp news - Page 54 -

a lot of the techniques have been added to past librarys...for example silk, gyrator, dual.... etc
We appreciate your constant drive for perfection Tim!
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Has anyone here possibly compared the Tim P L-buss compressor against the SSL Native stereo buss compressor ? Any thoughts ?
Thanks
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbalance View Post
Has anyone here possibly compared the Tim P L-buss compressor against the SSL Native stereo buss compressor ? Any thoughts ?
Thanks
I think it's fair to say..........Tim's L-Bus has the edge when it comes to SSL type comps ITB today. Sand is also extremely good. Sand is a little brighter perhaps. At the end of the day, it all comes down to taste......... Will has commented on this, perhaps he'd like to chime in, i know he's a SSL kind of guy. Tim's comp is a tad darker in tone perhaps, but has such a lovely action. He's really nailed the auto release character of the original hardware............
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
Tim's comp is a tad darker in tone perhaps, but has such a lovely action. He's really nailed the auto release character of the original hardware............
Was just going to say that the action on the auto release is stellar.
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post

The clipper/saturation will be on another level. The beta testers don't have this yet!

Years ago I made the first clippers in neb based on TC, now I had a little think about what happens in saturation and adapted it to become much more 3d and warm!
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear
WHEN?????
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear
So when this does come out couple this with Tim C's new 2254 e comp. If you're a N*v* junky you'll be so high!

Can't wait to try that combo on vox...
Old 17th June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
He's really nailed the auto release character of the original hardware............
So would you recommend using the auto release over the normal release DrezZ? I have it set to slow attack, fast release, threshold to taste, what do you reckon?
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
So would you recommend using the auto release over the normal release DrezZ? I have it set to slow attack, fast release, threshold to taste, what do you reckon?
It all depends on the track. With the auto release, there is a fast release, followed by a slower release, kind of a double whammy. For some material this really suits, but every scenario is different, and only you can decide which release to use as its so dependent on the material you are feeding it. Sometimes it really works, but sometimes a fast release is needed or desirable. It's all about the track.............BTW those settings you have there with slow attack, fast release is the classic 'glue' setting on an SSL comp. I guess you can go a long way on the glue/long attack/quick release setting. Set and forget kind of scenario................but the auto rlease does have it function sometimes. It is possible to get things real smooth with it engaged, a more transparent or subtle sound for instance, or something really locking with certain grooves on certain tunes. Every scenario is different.
Old 17th June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Every scenario is different.
Cool man, as always thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search