The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
IMHO Bronze has a much more forward aggressive tone, think a cross between an SSL 4000 Black and a Trident 80B EQ but cleaner sounding, and next to Bronze Ivory sounds a bit soft, lol. Bronze is not sterile clean, it's more attitude clean. Team Bronze with Ruby or Azure for some serious EQ control. Bronze is quickly becoming one of my new favorite EQ's ITB.

As always, to each their own.
thanks Will. couldn't wait till tomorrow to start the trial ;-)
Bottom end is very tight! compared to my Ivory. I see what you mean with less soft. I thought Ivory was my most neutral Master EQ and not soft compared to Azure and Ruby which I have both.

edit: i'm thinking fabulous for sound design!

Last edited by schmeete; 20th May 2018 at 07:33 PM..
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear
And how do people feel Bronze stands with respect to Tim's Decca RawState for those of us who don't have any of those Aquas? (Not interested in tempting myself with an expensive Aqua purchase )
Old 21st May 2018
Lives for gear

Talking BRONZE ... it's maybe 'aggressive' in that small gains can have significant impact ... but at the same time, I don't find Bronze to be brash or hard.

Important parameter with Bronze ...... again, that Q control. There are plenty of STEPS available, and one tick wider/narrower changes the range of 'focus' that band is addressing. It [Q] is almost surgical in the way you can sneak in and open up a backing vocal with some airy-ness, without having a snare drum get in front.

My criticism in beta was the [what I call] backward implementation of the Q knob compared with all my other EQ's, but as explained, that is how the hardware functions. Still, it makes me pause when I make a Q adjustment [yeah ... its' personal habit]. Regardless ... the level of detailed control this Q offers is exactly why I also use it for Mastering. oh ... and for how it sounds
Old 23rd May 2018
Lives for gear
New from Alex B

S9 Console

This incredibly clean and sweet console was built in 1982 by a renovated Swiss Company that was the largest console manufacturer in the world in that era. The S9C sounds smooth and clean but still has amazing punch and stunning details that make music sound more alive.
This console has been refurbished and then sampled to capture all the nuances of his fantastic sound: the line input, mic preamp, group bus, mix bus, equalizer and the renowned filters.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" combo program (CPU friendly)
. Deep, wide, dynamics with the feeling and character of a real top-class analog console
. Line input and Mic Preamp
. 8 Bus Group programs: clean and slightly colored
. 2 Mix Bus Out: clean and Driven
. New Precision Analog Panner with -3dB Pan Law
. GDrive control for real saturation experience
. Special AlexB skins for N3 and N4.

AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - S9C Vintage Stooder Console - Nebula Programs

S9 eQ

Rock solid low end, slightly aggressive mids and an absolutely gorgeous air band, it is easy use extreme settings with this eQ without sounding 'phasey'. Truly a musical all purpose parametric equalizer which comes from the amazing vintage S9 Console.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. High Pass Filter -12dB/oct from 30 to 330Hz Butterworth
. Low Pass Filter -12dB/oct from 700Hz to 20kHz Butterworth
. Shelf variable from 30 to 600Hz +/- 15dB variable
. Bell variable variable from 30 to 600Hz +/- 15dB variable, fixed Q 1
. Bell variable from 120Hz to 680Hz +/-15dB variable, variable Q from 1,1 to 3
. Bell variable from 680Hz to 3300Hz +/-15dB variable, variable Q from 1,1 to 3
. Bell variable from 3,3kHz to 7kHz +/-15dB variable, variable Q from 1,1 to 3
. Bell variable variable from 700Hz to 15kHz +/- 15dB variable, fixed 1
. Shelf variable variable from 700Hz to 15kHz +/- 15dB variable
. Special AlexB skins for N3 and N4.

AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - S9eQ Vintage Stooder eQ - Nebula Programs

edit: This program library works in Nebula3 and Nebula4, NOT N4-Player.
----

Last edited by ceemusic; 24th May 2018 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
New from Alex B

S9 Console

S9 eQ

----
Does anyone know the hardware this is based upon? The description sounds right up my alley... would love to pair with AlexB MFC for just a little more color.
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Does anyone know the hardware this is based upon? The description sounds right up my alley... would love to pair with AlexB MFC for just a little more color.
Its a Studer consol
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
My apologies, the picture on the AlexB page says Studer 900 in the caption.
Old 25th May 2018
TimP made an update for cadpan.

JPN made yet another great set of skins.

can someone please explain me how to get to his update page from My account on his website?

Thanks
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post

can someone please explain me how to get to his update page from My account on his website?

Thanks
Log in on his website. There should be a history of your purchases. Find the invoice for the library you’re looking for and there will be a download link there and it will be the latest version.
Old 25th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Log in on his website. There should be a history of your purchases. Find the invoice for the library you’re looking for and there will be a download link there and it will be the latest version.
Thanks I appreciate.
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear
Hey all. Im giving Studio One 4 a demo but cant seem to load N4. Aquas load fine but N4/Player once chosen doesnt open on the insert. Nothing happens. Any idea? I tried rescanning plugins. Thanks

Edit: Meh nevermind. I just installed the AU version and it showed up

Last edited by Asher Bay; 25th May 2018 at 05:06 PM..
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks
As an owner of CADPAN, that's really great news. P.S. TimP, if you're hanging around these parts, please pm me the hardware model #.
Old 25th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
As an owner of CADPAN, that's really great news. P.S. TimP, if you're hanging around these parts, please pm me the hardware model #.
I bought in April and never had the time to try it....

I will have to put some time there somewhere this summer.
Old 26th May 2018
Lives for gear

Could I get some educated opinions on AlexB's vinyl library (Vinylizer v2) before I part with my hard earned 24 euros, please?
Old 26th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Could I get some educated opinions on AlexB's vinyl library (Vinylizer v2) before I part with my hard earned 24 euros, please?
Hahahha
Old 27th May 2018
Whats the plugin you guys use to split signal L and R to put TimP's tape on the master bus ?
Old 27th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Whats the plugin you guys use to split signal L and R to put TimP's tape on the master bus ?
I use DDMF's Metaplugiin & there's Blue Cat's Patchwork.
Old 27th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
I use DDMF's Metaplugiin & there's Blue Cat's Patchwork.
Thank you sir,

Really appreciated
Old 27th May 2018
Gear Addict

Patchwork plus MeldaProductions MUtility with Left and Right turned down on 2 different channels
Old 27th May 2018
Gear Head

Hey is there a video or any info on what happened at the AES Milan 2018 presentation? They were gonna unveil the new Modula, showing what it is, but I haven't heard anything about it so far...
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Nut

Hey Adam, the guys in the office are only getting back to work today. So give us some time. I've written a short blurb for press releases, but I have to wait for this to be checked (that all tech details are correct). Will post ASAP.

But in a nutshell, think of Modula as a fully modular full power digital console based on Acquas that will have native touch screen support (not mapped!), we are looking into physical controller for the future (I have no official eta, but I guess 2019) and it comes with an optional Dante server to help with the computational demand. The addition of other HW modules is not excluded as a possibility for 2019 and beyond.

If you want no Modula, the server can also be used as a processing server to power normal Aquas/N4, but for this you will need to have the full version of N4 - Acquas themselves don't include server support, N4 does.

Just to be clear, all of this is not ready for sale yet, but we are getting there with the first working prototype shown at AES Milan...

In the meantime there is a video from GC posted in our newly created official FB group (yes, I read you message in the Acqua thread that you have no Facebook - I am sorry, atm the video is only a FB upload).

Here is the group - everyone is invited!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Anyone using this new Nugen utility, Sigmod, for this purpose ?

SigMod-Modular Signal Architecture
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post
(...)

In the meantime there is a video from GC posted in our newly created official FB group (yes, I read you message in the Acqua thread that you have no Facebook - I am sorry, atm the video is only a FB upload).

Here is the group - everyone is invited!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661
Facebook is Evil, Facebook must be deleted.

I repeat : Facebook is Evil, Facebook must be destroyed.

Don't collaborate with Facebook, Facebook is Evil.

Every social network which asks for your identity should be prohibited, in a sane world.
Don't you understand there is Artificial Intelligence, and total control on the people, at work ?...
Don't you understand it is not for your good ?...
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
(...)
But in a nutshell, think of Modula as a fully modular full power digital console based on Acquas that will have native touch screen support (not mapped!), we are looking into physical controller for the future (I have no official eta, but I guess 2019) and it comes with an optional Dante server to help with the computational demand. The addition of other HW modules is not excluded as a possibility for 2019 and beyond.

If you want no Modula, the server can also be used as a processing server to power normal Aquas/N4, but for this you will need to have the full version of N4 - Acquas themselves don't include server support, N4 does.

(...)
This is great news.

Does Modula give better use of the computer ressources than N4 & Acquas alone ?... Does Modula give more power with the same computer ?...
Yes, or no ?...

Thanks Acustica Press !
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Nut

Hi there, Modula itself cannot reduce the usage of resources - it is a console with some small CPU imprint itself - so NO. On the other hand the server solution supported by N4 will open doors to systems that can cope with the resources demand of our software. Put it this way - with the help of the server we can do a full mix with Acquas alone and no algos. Channel counts and test result are to be announced as things are still being improved...
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Can't you use a dual mono instance with Tim's tape on either side?
Old 29th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
That would mean that my mixbuss are 2 seperate mono channel.

I mean, why not...you're right.
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
If you are going to need someone to beta test this feature I am happy to help I have full N4.
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
IIRC not possible if you're using Cubase. I think Studio One can, not sure about other daws.
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi there, Modula itself cannot reduce the usage of resources - it is a console with some small CPU imprint itself - so NO. On the other hand the server solution supported by N4 will open doors to systems that can cope with the resources demand of our software. Put it this way - with the help of the server we can do a full mix with Acquas alone and no algos. Channel counts and test result are to be announced as things are still being improved...
Hi Mr Press, will the server solution be available before Modula is released ? And will we need to authorize all the plugins on all the computers used in network, or will there be a network-shared auth system (hope so !) ?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search