The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Nut

Guys, just to say, this whole discounted crossgrade was my idea. I personally wasn't aware, hence considering that in the past such was refused... You can blame me for pushing for this discount.

In the meantime, here is something GC posted re MODULA in our Facebook group... more to follow soon.

"This is a Quick&Dirty announcement, not an official press. We are providing basic details useful for next incoming AES convention in Milan.

Basically the new Modula4 system will be released at the end of the year/beginning of 2019.
- it is a very complex project, based on many different modules and things
- it will be distributed by a 3rd party developer, "Quantica Audio Inc", detatched from Acustica Audio company.
- prerequisites for running it (apart things distributed by Quantica Audio) are N4 (commercial) AND acqua plugins.
- Modula is a very complex system, based on the virtualization of a real large console workflow. It works on external systems, inside your DAW and so on. Details will be disclosed during next days, it is extremely simple but it requires a very long description.
- Modula will NOT be on sale on Acustica website BUT you can make it work with Acustica Audio Aquarius for updates (Aquarius is going to be a sort of central system, multi-company (ie Quantica, Acustica, Primestudio)

A bit more about Quantica Audio
- we are located in Las Vegas - Nevada - USA
- Acustica Audio is a shareholder (Acustica Audio is an italian SRL company)
- Studio DMI / EUMM is the other shareholder
- I'm involved directly on the development. At the beginning I'll be located in Italy in order to coordinate both the Quantica and the Acustica developments properly.

The beauty of the system: being a network extension of N4, every development on Modula4 side will be traslated to a development on Nebula4 side, or Acqua plugins, or 3rd party libraries created for Nebula4. It is an huge system based on the same executable code.

You can see a prototype in AES Milan, 23-26 May 2018. After that you have to wait for next winter NAMM.
You can touch it visiting our offices (but it is not easy to book a visit, we are extremely busy)
You can discuss about it at our next Summer Workshop and Keynote in Primestudio in Mils/Innsbruck - Austria - 25 june 2018

Possibly on monday I'll have a live chat on Instagram giancarloacustica"
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-quantica.jpg  
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustica Press View Post
Guys, just to say, this whole discounted crossgrade was my idea. I personally wasn't aware, hence considering that in the past such was refused... You can blame me for pushing for this discount.

In the meantime, here is something GC posted re MODULA in our Facebook group... more to follow soon.

"This is a Quick&Dirty announcement, not an official press. We are providing basic details useful for next incoming AES convention in Milan.

Basically the new Modula4 system will be released at the end of the year/beginning of 2019.
- it is a very complex project, based on many different modules and things
- it will be distributed by a 3rd party developer, "Quantica Audio Inc", detatched from Acustica Audio company.
- prerequisites for running it (apart things distributed by Quantica Audio) are N4 (commercial) AND acqua plugins.
- Modula is a very complex system, based on the virtualization of a real large console workflow. It works on external systems, inside your DAW and so on. Details will be disclosed during next days, it is extremely simple but it requires a very long description.
- Modula will NOT be on sale on Acustica website BUT you can make it work with Acustica Audio Aquarius for updates (Aquarius is going to be a sort of central system, multi-company (ie Quantica, Acustica, Primestudio)

A bit more about Quantica Audio
- we are located in Las Vegas - Nevada - USA
- Acustica Audio is a shareholder (Acustica Audio is an italian SRL company)
- Studio DMI / EUMM is the other shareholder
- I'm involved directly on the development. At the beginning I'll be located in Italy in order to coordinate both the Quantica and the Acustica developments properly.

The beauty of the system: being a network extension of N4, every development on Modula4 side will be traslated to a development on Nebula4 side, or Acqua plugins, or 3rd party libraries created for Nebula4. It is an huge system based on the same executable code.

You can see a prototype in AES Milan, 23-26 May 2018. After that you have to wait for next winter NAMM.
You can touch it visiting our offices (but it is not easy to book a visit, we are extremely busy)
You can discuss about it at our next Summer Workshop and Keynote in Primestudio in Mils/Innsbruck - Austria - 25 june 2018

Possibly on monday I'll have a live chat on Instagram giancarloacustica"
Ok... But what is it? Seem to have left that part out.

Saying it is "complex" with "many different things" is not a great way to get the convo started in this arena, if you ask me.

I'd rather hear: It is a straight forward yet powerful piece of hardware that will optimize and simplify your Acustica workflow.

But that's just me.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Giancarlo already said that they will reveal Modula just at AES Milan.

And modula is not hardware. Or at least, a hardware will not be necessarily. Giancarlo confirmed this on Acustica's forum.

And what it is, we already know. It's a console emulation using different Acquas as modules. You can see it better on the end of the Cream video that has G and Stedal.
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Giancarlo already said that they will reveal Modula just at AES Milan.

And modula is not hardware. Or at least, a hardware will not be necessarily. Giancarlo confirmed this on Acustica's forum.

And what it is, we already know. It's a console emulation using different Acquas as modules. You can see it better on the end of the Cream video that has G and Stedal.
I am now more confused. Guess I am just a big dumb person. I should have known to read various threads on different sites to cobble together some idea of what this things is. And I should have ignored a picture of hardware with the word Modula stenciled on it.

I guess I am just not part of the cool guy club.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
I am now more confused. Guess I am just a big dumb person. I should have known to read various threads on different sites to cobble together some idea of what this things is. And I should have ignored a picture of hardware with the word Modula stenciled on it.

I guess I am just not part of the cool guy club.
I have no idea what you're talking about. And why you are angry.

But take it easy, and wait the real announcement.
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. And why you are angry.

But take it easy, and wait the real announcement.
Oh, I am just a customer ... I am sure I am all alone in my perspective.

Looking forward to the role out of this complex thing made of many parts.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
Oh, I am just a customer ... I am sure I am all alone in my perspective.

Looking forward to the role out of this complex thing made of many parts.
Great!
Old 13th May 2018
OMU
Lives for gear

I only hope it can be used as a processing unit a la UAD. Being tied to a specific console/strip workflow is not my thing. Having additional horsepower to boost my way of working is what I, personally, need.
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
I only hope it can be used as a processing unit a la UAD. Being tied to a specific console/strip workflow is not my thing. Having additional horsepower to boost my way of working is what I, personally, need.
Well, if it isnt hardware, I am not sure how that would work. But I am just a simple man who saw an image of a piece of hardware with a stencil on it. So ... what do i know ...
Old 13th May 2018
OMU
Lives for gear

I suppose it is software and hardware, while the software can be used also without the hardware.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

I think the import of the question .... is it 'dedicated', specific hardware. Seems not.
Old 14th May 2018
It's not. Your system as always is the main hub and cpu but it can use Nebula server so you can offload power using another cpu if need be. After watching G's Instagram this morning and asking him questions it does look cool. The benefit of an acustica console does look promising but I will wait and see like everyone else.
Old 14th May 2018
Gear Addict
Does anyone know how to download a plugin with Aquarius to my online computer without it writing an authorization to it.
I don't use this one for working on, it is using up my .aut slots.
Thanks.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Unfortunately it is not possible today
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Addict
Thanks for the reply Giancarlo, but why is that?
When will it be changed? Don't have to put up with that from any other plugin provider.
I've already used up authorizations on N4 updates etc. until I found out that N4 has zip updates available, so why not other plugins.
I'm waiting to buy Cream but this restriction is making me wonder whether to bother and call it a day.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Hey guys, what do you all recommend for a tube unit 2-bus compressor? Obviously TimP's L-Bus and Cupwise's Lunchpail are the latest and greatest, but I'm desiring a sampled tube unit that really works on the 2-bus as well. Already have c660, so I'm going to test that out. Any others?
Old 17th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Hey guys, what do you all recommend for a tube unit 2-bus compressor? Obviously TimP's L-Bus and Cupwise's Lunchpail are the latest and greatest, but I'm desiring a sampled tube unit that really works on the 2-bus as well. Already have c660, so I'm going to test that out. Any others?
Maybe the Flucti-Mew from Cupwise.

It's still a favorite of mine
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Maybe the Flucti-Mew from Cupwise.

It's still a favorite of mine
+1. With the Fenix from AlexB
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

The VIOLET is a Valve Compressor [N4]. A really nice compressor.

MANTIS compressor is excellent [maybe not tube].
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Addict
Acustica's comps are getting better. I like Mantis but not fond of the rest. Alex B's don't work for me although I might use them along with algos for the vibe. Use a tube or preamp emu of your choice along with them & you can get some nice results.

I like all Tim P's comps.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

I bought Vari-Mew. So far I'm finding it really nice. It's hard to get it to be invisible, actually (I can hear it working at pretty much whatever settings, except for very subtle ones), but I do need to test it more considering I just got it.

I've got to try out Violet more. I have used it in the past and found it to be useful.

I posted in the AA general discussion forum about a new PC build. I'm going to need something better than what I have if I want to do multiple stages of compression and EQ.
Old 17th May 2018
Violet or Cobalt might be the two best but when I compared to hardware Manley Vari Mu, SPL Iron and Knif Vari Mu II, none of the Acustica (or Algo) plugins could come close to the ease, tone, action and depth of the hardware. Hoping there is another break through with doing Vari Mu for Magenta4.
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone own and use AlexB's latest T65 (W695) EQ? I'm close to buying. How does it compare to Silk? Obviously different frequencies .... Silk is something special IMO, but I'm also intrigued by the 60 hz and 10khz shelves in AlexB's library. Different frequency options!
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

A slight diversion from the compressor interest ...

Recently, the latest incarnation of the Bronze-eQ hit the beta-team with several feature request asked for.

The power in this EQ actually needed some taming ... and the DiBiQuatro Team delivered. Implementing a native 'Gain Range' switch that rescales
the boost/cut range into the refined steps required for Mastering ... and still having the available massive Gains that Mixing might need ... and then some.

This major addition, along with changes to the internal working of the PreAmp/TRIM function, and an overall update of the GUI, takes this great sounding
EQ into a new workflow level. This thing just sounds great. Even the PreAmp active treats your sounds with Respect.

I've continued to team Bronze-eQ up with AZURE-HQ. Often ... it is only the Bronze PreAmp that stays active. Also, since the Gain steps in AZURE are still to big
for some of my needs ... Bronze is there to provide the subtle changes ... its ALSO there to provide some major lift/cuts.

I really like having several EQ's, Compressors flying in the Mastering chain. Certainly there are other EQ's just waiting for their chance to play, but as the central DUO,
the combination Bronze/Azure bring serious control to the table [hey ... Azure has M/S duties to].

Compressors ... the MANTIS Compressor is still rocking it. Especially doing the 'rhythmic' compressor bounce I like to use. Vari-Mu is another nice tool. Staying N-4 ... the VIOLET Compressor does the job.

Happy to have so many options in N-4 and ACQUA land.
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

Recently, the latest incarnation of the Bronze-eQ hit the beta-team with several feature request asked for.

The power in this EQ actually needed some taming ... and the DiBiQuatro Team delivered. Implementing a native 'Gain Range' switch that rescales
the boost/cut range into the refined steps required for Mastering ... and still having the available massive Gains that Mixing might need ... and then some.

This major addition, along with changes to the internal working of the PreAmp/TRIM function, and an overall update of the GUI, takes this great sounding
EQ into a new workflow level. This thing just sounds great. Even the PreAmp active treats your sounds with Respect.

I've continued to team Bronze-eQ up with AZURE-HQ. Often ... it is only the Bronze PreAmp that stays active. Also, since the Gain steps in AZURE are still to big
for some of my needs ... Bronze is there to provide the subtle changes ... its ALSO there to provide some major lift/cuts.

I really like having several EQ's, Compressors flying in the Mastering chain. Certainly there are other EQ's just waiting for their chance to play, but as the central DUO,
the combination Bronze/Azure bring serious control to the table [hey ... Azure has M/S duties to].

Compressors ... the MANTIS Compressor is still rocking it. Especially doing the 'rhythmic' compressor bounce I like to use. Vari-Mu is another nice tool. Staying N-4 ... the VIOLET Compressor does the job.

That is great news for Bronze. I loved the sound on demo but didn't end up buying it because even the smallest boost in a band was WAY too much before, and then there was like 11.9 dB of additional gain left. So it's good to hear that's been updated so subtle changes are more possible.

I've seen others say it's a great pairing with Azure. I'll fire it up again and check it out with this new update.
Old 20th May 2018
I've owned N4 since it came out, but finally got round to using Aquarius for the first time today as I was super intrigued by Mantis (and Cream). Happy to say everything installed/updated as it should, I'm just dumb and forgot to back up my dictionaries rom.xml, and I'd renamed and organised all my 3rd party libs into categories (consoles, EQs, comps, pres, verbs etc... mostly TimP, AlexB, Cupwise, HenryO)... don't suppose anyone else is kinda OCD like me and has tagged these 3rd party devs into categories? If so, would you mind pasting your xml code here? Or share your xml file? Would be a massive time-saver! Cheers!
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

I'm with RJ on Bronze and the update is a real treat.... the ability to have each band be either normal or with a click it's just a 6db boost is sooooo damn nice. I also love that they took the feedback given them and they made their tool better. This is a feature I would LOVE to see on all EQ's moving forward.
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Yep.......Agreed. Bronze is really great. Initially i was underwhelmed by the thought of another mastering EQ, but since we started testing I've got really great results with it. It's smooth and effective, just as it should be, but the update takes it to a really use-able all rounder with a lovely polished sound. Recommended.
Old 20th May 2018
Gear Addict
How would you guys compare Bronze to Ivory3. Ivory 3 is my go to "clean" not too soft BusEQ. It seems Bronze can be more aggressive from the positive reviews. I am starting my trial tomorrow. I also have the PA NSEQ-2 which is a great shaping EQ (+-20db and can't sound bad) but on the softer side.
cheers
Peter
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
How would you guys compare Bronze to Ivory3. Ivory 3 is my go to "clean" not too soft BusEQ. It seems Bronze can be more aggressive from the positive reviews. I am starting my trial tomorrow. I also have the PA NSEQ-2 which is a great shaping EQ (+-20db and can't sound bad) but on the softer side.
cheers
Peter
IMHO Bronze has a much more forward aggressive tone, think a cross between an SSL 4000 Black and a Trident 80B EQ but cleaner sounding, and next to Bronze Ivory sounds a bit soft, lol. Bronze is not sterile clean, it's more attitude clean. Team Bronze with Ruby or Azure for some serious EQ control. Bronze is quickly becoming one of my new favorite EQ's ITB.

As always, to each their own.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search