The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 4th November 2012
Lives for gear

OOOHHHH! Look like Alex B has a new program coming out soon.

AlexB Nebula Programs by Alessandro Boschi

Pre Amp saturation, this is gonna be nice.
Old 4th November 2012
Lives for gear
I saw this too, but also noticed the absence of the Preamp Color Suite (the "other" PCS), and am wondering if this is some sort of update/upgrade of sorts? The Acustica forum has been down for over 3 days now, so maybe SOMEONE knows something......?
Old 5th November 2012
Gear Head

Yes, it's gonna be an upgrade of PCS.. apparently it's gonna be totally reworked, with new samplings, better sound, less ram and cpu usage, with more saturation possible and saturation knob added. It will be cheap to upgrade for PCS users, will be compatibile with PCS, also there will be some new presets.. I don't have details yet, but it's gonna be availible soon.. this week I guess. So check AlexB website for manual and more info..
Old 5th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipa View Post
Yes, it's gonna be an upgrade of PCS.. apparently it's gonna be totally reworked, with new samplings, better sound, less ram and cpu usage, with more saturation possible and saturation knob added. It will be cheap to upgrade for PCS users, will be compatibile with PCS, also there will be some new presets.. I don't have details yet, but it's gonna be availible soon.. this week I guess. So check AlexB website for manual and more info..
You must be in Alex B's "inner circle".... do you beta test for Alex? If so, fun stuff.
Old 5th November 2012
Gear Head

yup! I'll be testing it.. tomorrow perhaps.. still waiting for it..
I've been trying to access acustica audio website.. isn't it odd that they've been "cleaning spam" for 5 days now? i don't think this is normal in any hosting services..
Old 6th November 2012
Lives for gear

Site is back up
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

Well, I was lacking some minor top end since I changed the pres from tube to Neve's solid state, so I decided to try other options (TBH, the Portico preamps are probably the only part of the series that haven't blown me away) instead of adding treble with an EQ on the master.

Chandler TG2. There's the answer . Less boomy, wider, clearer top end. I also gave up trying any analog modeling MB compressors, since I instantly seem to lose that beautiful, wide stereo image.
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra171 View Post
Well, I was lacking some minor top end since I changed the pres from tube to Neve's solid state, so I decided to try other options (TBH, the Portico preamps are probably the only part of the series that haven't blown me away) instead of adding treble with an EQ on the master.

Chandler TG2. There's the answer . Less boomy, wider, clearer top end. I also gave up trying any analog modeling MB compressors, since I instantly seem to lose that beautiful, wide stereo image.
Are you talking HW Chandler or is it in a library? If so, which one and what's the program name? Thanks!
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

"EMITG_drive_sK5" is the one I'm using. I probably downloaded them from the Acustica forums or something. It's 11 (yummy..) kernels, although some descriptions say it's 5.

Just need that Bricasti now..
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

Haha, just started reading about the hardware:

Quote:
This pre features the same discrete transformer balanced amplifiers as the TG series limiter and offers a creamy, smooth tone with a surprisingly open, clear top end (dare we say nicer than Neve....) The sound, as explained by many users, has the Neve "warmth" and punch, but with a "nicer" expanded top end. In fact the unit does have a small rise in its top end frequency response and some warmth inducing distortion which contribute to its sound.
Some people have been asking for the programs, so here they are:

[Nebula] Chandler TG2.zip

+ some other older freebies:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!
Old 9th November 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!
Very cool! Thanks for sharing
Old 9th November 2012
Gear Addict

Awesome! Thanks for these!
Old 10th November 2012
Lives for gear

BTW, is the API the same library that AITB re-released as the APE channel? Just curious...
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

Erm, not sure. I can't remember where I got these from either. Probably the Acustica forums again.

more news about the Bricasti (again):

Quote:
So I've been sampling some presets on my M7 over the weekend and let me tell you I am extremely pleased. I have to really pay attention to tell a difference once the wet levels are matched. As Henry said there is a slightly more enveloping sound with the real hardware perhaps but in a way it's "cleaner". Overall though the sound and character is right on. Way better than the regular convolution IR's of the M7 I've tried, and I would say even the Nebula captures are better than any other native reverb I have.

I am very pleased as once you have a M7 you can't really use any other reverb and to run a mix realtime I really need to have several but that would be expensive. At first was going to try the Nebula M7 thing as temps in a mix and then render the real thing in the final mix but it's close enough I probably won't bother.

Also, this was my first foray into NAT sampling. It was fun. I never realized it took so long! Around 2 hours per preset! Wow.
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!
Thank you very much!!
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
more news about the Bricasti (again):
Sounds like they're making some good headway... Can't wait!
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!
Thanks a lot!!!
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

EDIT: Scratch that, by using any tape emu etc. (other than the individual channels), I once again seem to be losing that beautiful stereo image provided by this setup.
Old 16th November 2012
Quote:
haha, just started reading about the hardware:

[nebula] chandler tg2.zip

[nebula] api 550b.zip
[nebula] bae 1073.zip

enjoy!
thank you!
Old 18th November 2012
Umm,I'm new to Nebula,and appreciate the links to the Chandler,API,etc presets,from"Ultra171",but,after I extract the folders,I'm getting "nowhere" trying to install them.

Firstly under OS:C I noticed a "Nebulatemprepository with listed folders from "Dictionaries to "Vectors",and as the files were listed in 2 different types:"N2P" and "N2V",I copied the corresponding files into "Vectors"-N2V,and "programs"-N2P,but when I instantiate "Nebula 3 Free",all I see,are the stock ones that that version came with...None of the "NEW" ones.

What am I doing wrong,I can't seem to get it from the PDF?

Any help most appreciated!
RK
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Maniac
I believe you cannot load 3rd party presets into the free version.

Buy it.....you will not regret it.
I fact you'll be like a kid in a sweet shop with all the stuff from the great developers.
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Only the presets that are intended for the free version will work. 3rd party presets will work so long as they are a "free version" (created for Nebula Free users) or demo of a full version library - or, of course if it is fully free.
Old 18th November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieg View Post
I believe you cannot load 3rd party presets into the free version.

Buy it.....you will not regret it.
I fact you'll be like a kid in a sweet shop with all the stuff from the great developers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
Only the presets that are intended for the free version will work. 3rd party presets will work so long as they are a "free version" (created for Nebula Free users) or demo of a full version library - or, of course if it is fully free.
Gotcha! Thanks,I think I will[buy it]
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

Well, since I've gone mostly solid state now, I've decided that the Manley Voxbox is a keeper on vocals. I'm now using the 5043 on master buss also, the depth and detail is unbeatable. Also, the Neve setup is very clean (but thick) sounding, so I slammed an ADL600 (which is very aggressive) with Telefunken tubes after the comp for some beef.

I could be bying the ADL600 progs at some point, it's indeed very "modern" and heavy sounding tube pre. Works best on drums and (strangely) master IMO.
Old 21st November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!

thanks for the chandler tg2 pre!!! it sounds amazing!!!!
It's a pity that there's no 96khz or 192 khz version.

by the way thanks again!!
Old 29th November 2012
Lives for gear

Merry (early) Christmas:

• View topic - a couple Bricasti M7 presets

Amazing sounding. I haven't got the chance to try the real thing, but the hall prog is JUST what the doctor ordered. This natural, modern sound PERFECTLY compliments the 5088 setup. I mean, a match made in heaven.

Now i just need THE perfect master buss compressor (Portico II, someday..)
Old 10th December 2012
Lives for gear

Holy sh**!!! That Bricasti preset is wonderful!!

Also ...for the API EQ and Chandler...When I load the libraries nothing happens and I just get the INIT preset...Any advice?
Thanks!
Old 10th December 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Merry (early) Christmas:

• View topic - a couple Bricasti M7 presets

Amazing sounding. I haven't got the chance to try the real thing, but the hall prog is JUST what the doctor ordered. This natural, modern sound PERFECTLY compliments the 5088 setup. I mean, a match made in heaven.

Now i just need THE perfect master buss compressor (Portico II, someday..)
You are welcome. heh

Santa
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Head

For unknown reason,I can't download from mediafire...It just downloads 1m and stops...
Is it avalable on other sites?
Thank you very much.

Quote:

[Nebula] API 550B.zip
[Nebula] BAE 1073.zip

Enjoy!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search