The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear
Mantis is a whopping 10MB download?? Of all the plugins I own, this is the tiniest, by far. How is this possible?
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruffleKing View Post
Mantis is a whopping 10MB download?? Of all the plugins I own, this is the tiniest, by far. How is this possible?
Compressors in nebula tech don't use large samples so all of our comps are much smaller in size.
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Compressors in nebula tech don't use large samples so all of our comps are much smaller in size.
Thanks, Will. New to Nebula, so I appreciate the explanation. Haven't used Mantis extensively yet, but I do like it so far. I find it quick and simple to dial in...and nicely transparent.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Where can i find good reverbs for Nebula?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheVerra View Post
Cupwise and VNXT are a good place to start!
Old 30th April 2018
Quote:
Analog In The Box EAR Rooms are fantastic
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Plates - Cupwise (added control) & VNXT
Rooms and Spaces - AITB, Tim P (added control), & Cupwise
Hardware boxes - Signal To Noize & Gene Lennon's TC6000
Springs - VNXT & Tim P*

*Tim P also has some delays that go very short and sound like verbs too.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Plates - Cupwise (added control) & VNXT
Rooms and Spaces - AITB, Tim P (added control), & Cupwise
Hardware boxes - Signal To Noize & Gene Lennon's TC6000
Springs - VNXT & Tim P*

*Tim P also has some delays that go very short and sound like verbs too.
Thanks guys. I think i asked this question before but forgot cause i know most of them. Sorry. Didn't know about Cupwise. Their plate is impressive. I which i could hear AITB acoustics space but can't find anything. I'll take your word for it.

Anybody tried those(free)?

Pixel Criminals Henry Olonga's Website >> New Free reverbs for Acustica Nebula Pro 3

Thanks again.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Nut

Hey guys, Franci Zabukowski just posted this on the AA forum:

Nebula Setups 2 is now FREEWARE!

Nebula 3 users, grab your copy now

Zabukowski Software | Software tools for Acustica Audio Nebula audio processor
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Maniac

lol, so much for "well, one of the advantages of N4 over N3 is the setups functionality!"
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Nut

Useful instructions for London Acoustics N4 Acqua plugins installation using N4 Player by Acustica Audio. Also valid for the other 3rd Party Developers:

Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disp View Post
lol, so much for "well, one of the advantages of N4 over N3 is the setups functionality!"
We've had N-3 SetUPs for a long time. A very useful app.

Now with built-in SetUps in N4 ... the process/management/execution is much better.

IMO ... N4 is just a better work and sound experience over N-3. That includes Neb-3 Libraries running in N-4. When I was beta-testing N-4, and swapping Neb-3s out in Mastering sessions, I noticed that Neb-3 tended to cloud up a mix when running many Neb-3 instances. It got to a point where I could not do just a one-for-one replacement.

Maybe for some, the difference is nil ... but it was noticed under Mastering conditions. I cannot verify if this was with all Neb-3 Libraries, or just the ones I called on, but I could A/B the 2 chains 100% of the time.

YMMV
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
yeah I know, but now it's free
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:

Now with built-in SetUps in N4 ... the process/management/execution is much better.

IMO ... N4 is just a better work and sound experience over N-3. That includes Neb-3 Libraries running in N-4. When I was beta-testing N-4, and swapping Neb-3s out in Mastering sessions, I noticed that Neb-3 tended to cloud up a mix when running many Neb-3 instances. It got to a point where I could not do just a one-for-one replacement.

Maybe for some, the difference is nil ... but it was noticed under Mastering conditions. I cannot verify if this was with all Neb-3 Libraries, or just the ones I called on, but I could A/B the 2 chains 100% of the time.

YMMV
Would you mind explaining what the heck is ''Setup''

What does it do ?

I've had N4 for over a year now and I clearly never understood what was this setup thing was all about.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post

What does it do ?

I've had N4 for over a year now and I clearly never understood what was this setup thing was all about.
Setups alow to create new Nebula plugin with just the programs, skins and settings you choose. The new plugin load faster and you will see the name of the setups instead of N4.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:

YMMV
This type of post is another thing that makes me feel a little peeved about not having N4. After buying two N3's. Glad to hear there is an N3 to N4 upgrade path in the offing, finally. I hope it doesn't turn out another disappointment of a crumble of a % off the price of N4. Wouldn't mind being privy to this supposed better sound.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:

What does it do ?

It's more or less a skin tool for each library. A thing that now seemingly just 'happens' in N4, whereas in N3 you had to dick about with the separate app Nebula Setups to make each library come up looking like the GUI of hardware instead of just the standard N3 GUI.
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
Setups alow to create new Nebula plugin with just the programs, skins and settings you choose. The new plugin load faster and you will see the name of the setups instead of N4.
can I custom name those ''setups'' to appear as lets say '' compressor X Ratio X'' in my plugin browser ?

I mean what will appear in my plugin browser is what I call the ''setup'' or will it be the N4 Library preset name ?
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
It's more or less a skin tool for each library. A thing that now seemingly just 'happens' in N4, whereas in N3 you had to dick about with the separate app Nebula Setups to make each library come up looking like the GUI of hardware instead of just the standard N3 GUI.
Is it something difficult to do in Studio One for example ?

Is it a simple click and type the name thing or do you have to use external interface ?
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
can I custom name those ''setups'' to appear as lets say '' compressor X Ratio X'' in my plugin browser ?

I mean what will appear in my plugin browser is what I call the ''setup'' or will it be the N4 Library preset name ?
Yes, it makes it a 'separate plugin' in the plugin folder and lets you call it up, skin GUI and all. So you now have say a TimP LA3A in your plugin list.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Is it something difficult to do in Studio One for example ?

Is it a simple click and type the name thing or do you have to use external interface ?
Setups was a faff when I last bothered to use it. On my last install I didn't go there as I don't use enough Nebula to make it worth it.
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:
Setups was a faff when I last bothered to use it. On my last install I didn't go there as I don't use enough Nebula to make it worth it.
All righty then. I dont need that either.

So in the end, its just another fancy button .

Thanks for letting me know.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Addict

N4 has setups built into it. May usefull if you has plenty of libs.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Nut

I'm a big user of Nebula SetUps c/w Nebula 3.

The combination of Nebula SetUps and BlueCat Patchwork makes chaining Nebula 3 instances realistic in a session context. I often prefer the sound of chained Nebula 3 instances to the corresponding Acqua (AlexB 4K Black over Sand, for instance)

Is there a manual yet for SetUps on N4?
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
This type of post is another thing that makes me feel a little peeved about not having N4. After buying two N3's. Glad to hear there is an N3 to N4 upgrade path in the offing, finally. I hope it doesn't turn out another disappointment of a crumble of a % off the price of N4. Wouldn't mind being privy to this supposed better sound.
Although N4 does feel more stable the difference in sound from N3 to N4 is only marginal, in my experience. Wouldn't be the sole reason to upgrade...
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
N4 has setups built into it. May usefull if you has plenty of libs.
So does that mean that its easy to create unique name ''plugin' in my plugin browser list in S1 ?

Can you give me a quick example of what needs to be done to do so ?
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
Although N4 does feel more stable the difference in sound from N3 to N4 is only marginal, in my experience. Wouldn't be the sole reason to upgrade...
Well, if there IS a difference, I am keen to benefit from it, being a tone nerd...... But not keen enough to buy it full price. Again. lol
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
So does that mean that its easy to create unique name ''plugin' in my plugin browser list in S1 ?

Can you give me a quick example of what needs to be done to do so ?
Everybody is answering your question affirmatively, just not with the words you want or need it phrased it seems.

Don't have Nebula yet, but did the research a while ago... you can look up the manual for the Setups software. From what I remember, in broad strokes, the process was something like:

-Install program, authorize.
-Open software, in settings point it to where your Nebula plugin and your libraries are installed, and your plugins directory (first time only).
-To create a setup, use the program's windows to drag and drop whatever you want to include in said setup (could be a library, a combination, just a few program's, whatever you like).
-Click "save". A dialog appears asking what name you want for the setup, if a vst or aax, what skin file you want to assign, and a couple other things.
-Name it, click your options, and hit ok.
-You should be done, the new setup will appear as a new plugin with the name you assigned to it in your plugin directory for your daw to recognize.

I remember the manual for Setups was in my old dashboard. I suppose it's easier to get now that the software is free.

Check it up for details, and true info about it, bet it'll take you less than what it took me to write this post. Don't trust my hearsay. Go to the source!

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc23 View Post
Everybody is answering your question affirmatively, just not with the words you want or need it phrased it seems.

Don't have Nebula yet, but did the research a while ago... you can look up the manual for the Setups software. From what I remember, in broad strokes, the process was something like:

-Install program, authorize.
-Open software, in settings point it to where your Nebula plugin and your libraries are installed, and your plugins directory (first time only).
-To create a setup, use the program's windows to drag and drop whatever you want to include in said setup (could be a library, a combination, just a few program's, whatever you like).
-Click "save". A dialog appears asking what name you want for the setup, if a vst or aax, what skin file you want to assign, and a couple other things.
-Name it, click your options, and hit ok.
-You should be done, the new setup will appear as a new plugin with the name you assigned to it in your plugin directory for your daw to recognize.

I remember the manual for Setups was in my old dashboard. I suppose it's easier to get now that the software is free.

Check it up for details, and true info about it, bet it'll take you less than what it took me to write this post. Don't trust my hearsay. Go to the source!

Hope this helps.

I wish it would be as easy as with any other company but the source here has been proven so unreliable on every single aspect of the company that I prefer to rely on hands on experience type of user.

But thanks for shimming in. Really appreciate your time.

Just hope you didnt felt forced to answer.

Wishing you a wonderful day.
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish it would be as easy as with any other company but the source here has been proven so unreliable on every single aspect of the company that I prefer to rely on hands on experience type of user.

But thanks for shimming in. Really appreciate your time.

Just hope you didnt felt forced to answer.

Wishing you a wonderful day.
Martel80, I just tried setups for the first time in N4. I made a library for AITB Doc Fear (~10 different EQ band options), and it's very convenient that it appears as its own plugin, and then loads FAST. I mean, it loads instantly.

I'll say that I'm kicking myself for not trying this option before. Loading libraries the old way by loading N4 and then browsing and selecting was a pretty slow process. With setups, it's instantaneous, and I can create custom libraries (e.g., I can create a Surge library that I can just select like any other plugin and it'll load right away). I'm really liking setups.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search