The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
I still can’t open an instance of N4P in Reaper under Win10/64 without crashing. Support has gone silent. Would like to audition Bronze and possibly spend my money on it.
Kinda crazy, I'm on Win 7 and I've yet to have a crash using the update.... I can't even get N4 to mess up with the finder issue like RJ can, and I've tried. Thus far I'm able to use N4 instances all over my sessions like normal, so I'm not sure what's going on but i hope AA get to the bottom of the issues ASAP.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Maniac

To anyone asking about the meters:

Tim Petherick was so kind as to send me a PM with some settings for N4.xml.

I've tried some of these settings in the past, without results. But now the following settings are helping me a lot:

<GUIRATE> 50600 </GUIRATE>
<LEDSPEED> 0 </LEDSPEED>
<DSPBUFFER> 2048 </DSPBUFFER>

I'm on Cubase 9.5/Win 10. Set your soundcard buffer as low as you can (mine is 128 samples).

Of course, if you try this, backup your N4.xml first, and after changing these settings reload N4.

I have tried all the TimP comps I own, after these changes, and their meters seem to behave much better. They are still 'jumping' sometimes, but much less than before, and now I can have a clear visualization of the GR happening.

Hope this helps someone else... and, anyway, I hope that AA can solve the problem completely.

EDIT: I've tried this just on a test project with a dozen of N4 instances. I don't know what is going to happen in a 'crowded' project.

EDIT2: <GUIRATE> parameter seems actually to be not relevant in my system. So, it's even better if set at 30ms (default) :

<GUIRATE> 30200 </GUIRATE>
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

Yes there is an interference of the head (which is just hidden, but is there). We are working on these optimizations these days, due to other optimizations required on the network side
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

Any idea about release dates for further 3rd party/N4 player plugins (i.e., like Bronze)? I'm interested to see what the others in the 3rd party Dev list do, especially London Acoustics, who likely have access to some really nice stuff from some the studios in the city.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

After the last N4 engine update, the crashes disappeared completely.
I didn't have a single crash until today where I created some set ups.
After the 5-6 new set ups, the unexpected crashes came back. Weird...
Old 16th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Any idea about release dates for further 3rd party/N4 player plugins (i.e., like Bronze)? I'm interested to see what the others in the 3rd party Dev list do, especially London Acoustics, who likely have access to some really nice stuff from some the studios in the city.
I saw copper is on its way. By the same 3rd party dev.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I saw copper is on its way. By the same 3rd party dev.
Any more info on that? Is there a thread or anything on the AA forum? I can't seem to find anything about the 3rd party devs there.
Old 16th April 2018
Quote:
Any more info on that? Is there a thread or anything on the AA forum? I can't seem to find anything about the 3rd party devs there.
Dibiquadro Audio - Home | Facebook
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Soon, London Acoustics have something in beta..... AA are busy so hold on, G's top secret project will be unveiled this next week too.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Soon, London Acoustics have something in beta..... AA are busy so hold on, G's top secret project will be unveiled this next week too.
Stop it Will...when you say hold on I know it must be at least worth a gander which means $$$ leaving my account. I'm hoping its Magenta as I've stated many times it is the last Aqua I'll be purchasing for a looooong while. But if I see anything V72, V76 related I reserve the right to deny I ever said that lol.

On another note. Right now Bronze has my full attention and I'm even more excited about trying Brass and Copper and whatever else is in the pipeline for Aquas for N4 player now that I haven't had any crashes recently. I need some darn compressors though.
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I don’t remember if this question had already been answered, but why no guitar amps on N4/Aquarius ? Shouldn’t it be possible ? In my poor understanding of the sampling process, Acustica’s tech reminds me the KPA profiling process.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Stop it Will...when you say hold on I know it must be at least worth a gander which means $$$ leaving my account. I'm hoping its Magenta as I've stated many times it is the last Aqua I'll be purchasing for a looooong while. But if I see anything V72, V76 related I reserve the right to deny I ever said that lol.

On another note. Right now Bronze has my full attention and I'm even more excited about trying Brass and Copper and whatever else is in the pipeline for Aquas for N4 player now that I haven't had any crashes recently. I need some darn compressors though.
I've heard that Mantis by Soundrops is on it's way too. It's a PYE style compressor. We have the least agressive ratio as an option on Cobalt, but the full one might do much more.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I've heard that Mantis by Soundrops is on it's way too. It's a PYE style compressor. We have the least agressive ratio as an option on Cobalt, but the full one might do much more.
Awesome thanks! I'm not too familiar with why these compressors were/are so highly regarded so should be eye opening. Last time might have been with Waves PIE.

I'm almost through with my Cobalt demo. I absolutely love the mic pres. I'm considering purchasing it just for that. I like what the compressor does to the lowend of my mixes but I also really like what Crimson does to the signal. The issues is they are tied to other modules l find less use for. I'll check out Mantis in Cobalt today. Thanks
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininoyz View Post
I don’t remember if this question had already been answered, but why no guitar amps on N4/Aquarius ? Shouldn’t it be possible ? In my poor understanding of the sampling process, Acustica’s tech reminds me the KPA profiling process.
I believe there are some guitar amps in Henry Olonga's AYCE bundle.
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Dibiquadro Audio will be releasing one. Saw it on their Facebook page.
Attached Thumbnails
Nebula must have-6c2874a7-7da9-475f-a714-68c062aac300.jpg  
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
STN has amp deluxe
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Head

Hey guys how are you, I am a fresh out the womb noob when it comes to Nebula. I just installed Nebula 3 Server x64 on my Win 10 x64 machine running Reaper x64. Now what do I do? I tried the free demo last year and tried loading the vst and it showed up but said something about no kernels were available or loaded, etc. So that's as far as I ever got with Nebula lol... so I made the trek over to Acqua land ever since. Now I want to compare some Nebula to Acqua. I just installed Neb 3 server in the default locations from the installer. Now what? Can I copy the whole install into my reaper FX folder and let it scan and try loading the plugin? Are there any preliminary steps I need to do? I don't want to be modifying any xml right now or editing files, Ill go back to Acqua if that's the case. Any insight would be great. Thanks slutz!!
Old 16th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn47som View Post
Hey guys how are you, I am a fresh out the womb noob when it comes to Nebula. I just installed Nebula 3 Server x64 on my Win 10 x64 machine running Reaper x64. Now what do I do? I tried the free demo last year and tried loading the vst and it showed up but said something about no kernels were available or loaded, etc. So that's as far as I ever got with Nebula lol... so I made the trek over to Acqua land ever since. Now I want to compare some Nebula to Acqua. I just installed Neb 3 server in the default locations from the installer. Now what? Can I copy the whole install into my reaper FX folder and let it scan and try loading the plugin? Are there any preliminary steps I need to do? I don't want to be modifying any xml right now or editing files, Ill go back to Acqua if that's the case. Any insight would be great. Thanks slutz!!
Do you know where it installed the VST or AAX plugin? Just make sure Reaper is scanning that folder and it should show up in your plug-in folder. I like to keep my Nebula VSTs in the same folder as my Acquas...

Once it shows up in your FX in Reaper then you just need to get some TimP, Cupwise and AlexB libraries and fall down the rabbit hole.
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Do you know where it installed the VST or AAX plugin? Just make sure Reaper is scanning that folder and it should show up in your plug-in folder. I like to keep my Nebula VSTs in the same folder as my Acquas...

Once it shows up in your FX in Reaper then you just need to get some TimP, Cupwise and AlexB libraries and fall down the rabbit hole.
Reaper is recognizing the nebula reverb dll and the nebula core dll and those load up but its not recognizing the nebula 3 dll. It says some kind of invalid operation during scanning.

Is it worth getting this thing going? I have most of the new gen acquas are there any sonic quality differences?
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is it worth getting this thing going?
yes
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Reaper is recognizing the nebula reverb dll and the nebula core dll and those load up but its not recognizing the nebula 3 dll. It says some kind of invalid operation during scanning.

Is it worth getting this thing going? I have most of the new gen acquas are there any sonic quality differences?
When I was using N3 Server, I thought that you were only supposed to use Nebula reverb.dll?
So, if it's seeing the .dll and on installation you directed the install to your Nebula Repository, then it should initialise and load libraries.
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Awesome thanks! I'm not too familiar with why these compressors were/are so highly regarded so should be eye opening. Last time might have been with Waves PIE.

I'm almost through with my Cobalt demo. I absolutely love the mic pres. I'm considering purchasing it just for that. I like what the compressor does to the lowend of my mixes but I also really like what Crimson does to the signal. The issues is they are tied to other modules l find less use for. I'll check out Mantis in Cobalt today. Thanks
Mantis has been announced.

Mantis - Acustica Audio

Correcting myself, it's a PWM compressor. Not specifically the PYE.
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:

Mantis - Acustica Audio

Correcting myself, it's a PWM compressor. Not specifically the PYE.
Got it up on demo now. Thanks
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's one smooth bus comp IMHO.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Mantis doth not appear in Aquarius for me, though Bronze does.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mantis doth not appear in Aquarius for me, though Bronze does.
It's not on the same section as Bronze. It's a bit below, under Nebula libraries, not Acqua Libraries. (Btw, why? I thought it was an Acqua Librarie)

And I guess you need to "purchase" the trial on the website before.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

MANTIS is a N4 library that interfaces as an ACQUA designed plugin.

Once loaded into N4, it will appear in the DYN category.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
MANTIS is a N4 library that interfaces as an ACQUA designed plugin.

Once loaded into N4, it will appear in the DYN category.
And whats the difference between Mantis and Bronze?

Because on Aquarius they are in different categories.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search