The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nebula must have Saturation Plugins
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeorge View Post
The Massivo yes the 290 hz it works..Which Massivo do u use ?
The hardware when possible, in software Alex B's MMeQ gets first call, especially now that JPN has N4 skins. FWIW I like the MP for much more than one freq, it's stellar all across the mids IMHO.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
The hardware when possible, in software Alex B's MMeQ gets first call, especially now that JPN has N4 skins. FWIW
Love the Alex B is it my ears only or its very close sounding to it?Even the Aitb one was spot on
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Love the Alex B is it my ears only or its very close sounding to it?Even the Aitb one was spot on
They are close but they don't allow for the band interactions like the hardware does, that is the MP secret.
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
They are close but they don't allow for the band interactions like the hardware does, that is the MP secret.
Ye true that the Uad does it but lack the 3d and the color..Magenta?Sounded very close in the shootouts the hw has little more bump in the lowend the mids about the same
Old 7th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ye true that the Uad does it but lack the 3d and the color..Magenta?Sounded very close in the shootouts the hw has little more bump in the lowend the mids about the same
Magenta is a bit grainy up top IMHO, I'm sure an update to Core 12 and a re-sample would make it stellar sounding.
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Magenta is a bit grainy up top IMHO, I'm sure an update to Core 12 and a re-sample would make it stellar sounding.
Slowly this tech its picking up I was waiting to be ironed out..
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
What's everyone's favourite eq to handle low mids?
I really like Pearl2 for cuts in this range.
So elegant.
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

If we are talking Nebula libraries ... man the list is huge.

From AlexB, the MMeQ is excellent, several of the SSL console EQ's work very well. His A5M is yet another.
He had a MOOG filter that was just crazy good ... don't know if that is available anymore.

TimP has quite a selection too ... the SURGE is excellent for example.

later
Old 8th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Blackburn View Post
What's everyone's favourite eq to handle low mids?
I use Magenta ITB
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I use Magenta ITB
This. I know it's a Nebula thread, but Magenta is simply awesome for mids.
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Hello folks,

I have a (hopefully) quick question if someone would be so kind.

Regarding the sample rate conversion readout on Nebula 4, on some of the libraries I am using the arrow at the end is flashing.
I am working in Reaper always at 44.1k.

So the readout looks like this : FRT : 44100 Hz -> 44100 Hz <-

That last arrow is flashing but the middle arrow is solid with Blue Mu loaded, for example.

The reading and searching that I have done suggests that if the middle arrow is flashing then there is an issue, so probably everything is fine but I wanted to check this?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. I have steadily worked my way through this thread, what a fantastic source of information for a nebula newbie such as myself. I am loving the libraries that I have purchased as a result of the feedback and recommendations, thank you all!

Last edited by woodnut; 8th April 2018 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I use Magenta ITB
Ha ha ha! I was just about to respond this as well. I know this is a Nebula thread, but when it comes to low-mids it’s Magenta for me, and I tried out many of the Neb options first because I always prefer a Neb solution to an Acqua solution. But between 200-800hz Magenta won every time. And I never use it for anything above low-mids . . . but it just does that one job sooooo well.
Old 8th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Ha ha ha! I was just about to respond this as well. I know this is a Nebula thread, but when it comes to low-mids it’s Magenta for me, and I tried out many of the Neb options first because I always prefer a Neb solution to an Acqua solution. But between 200-800hz Magenta won every time. And I never use it for anything above low-mids . . . but it just does that one job sooooo well.
Totally agree with you.

I have the same use of Pearl2 in fact.I use it only for mid high 1 to 4khz.

Its a tad more agressive but those freq are agressive by nature and this EQ is so transparent in this freq range. It really liven up a track instantly.
Its also the only freq I use it for.
I Use Silk from Tim P for High Shelving

By the way, I use them on Buss only.

For individual track I use bolder colors like Gold for example.
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Totally agree with you.

Its a tad more agressive but those freq are agressive by nature and this EQ is so transparent in this freq range. It really liven up a track instantly.

Ha ha ha! Well since we agree 100% on uses for Magenta and Pearl2, I guess I'm going to have to believe you on TimP's Silk for high shelves!
Old 8th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Ha ha ha! Well since we agree 100% on uses for Magenta and Pearl2, I guess I'm going to have to believe you on TimP's Silk for high shelves!
You should definitely try it. the curve is beautiful.
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Nut
Hi, has anyone had problems with crashes on N4 Setups? I am using REAPER on a Mac 10.12 and after the last update, it randomly (1 out of 5 times) crashes when opening any of the setups. I can not pinpoint the exact reason, but it is either while initializing or after 2-3 seconds after opening. This has made cmd+s shortcut like a reflex. :D

Also, copying one instance of the N4 and then choosing a different library usually does not crash.

I have tried re-installing ( deleting N4 folder from Audio/Presets/Acustica Audio and deleting the .component files) and it did not resolve the issue. Would love to get this resolved.
Old 8th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
Hi, has anyone had problems with crashes on N4 Setups? I am using REAPER on a Mac 10.12 and after the last update, it randomly (1 out of 5 times) crashes when opening any of the setups. I can not pinpoint the exact reason, but it is either while initializing or after 2-3 seconds after opening. This has made cmd+s shortcut like a reflex. :D

Also, copying one instance of the N4 and then choosing a different library usually does not crash.

I have tried re-installing ( deleting N4 folder from Audio/Presets/Acustica Audio and deleting the .component files) and it did not resolve the issue. Would love to get this resolved.
I havent played much with the toys lattely but I had my 2nd crash yesterday night.
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Totally agree with you.

4K on pearl is the best band on any eq I’ve encountered.

Not meant as an exaggeration. It’s literally the moment I fell in love with AA.

Much like how folks warn you about Clarifiphonic, it’s so easy to overdue since it always sounds good!!

Will try silk again. By the time I had Pearl on the track anyway, I just used it’s shelf.

BTW the 350hz can be great for filling in the lows too. 6db setting; adding about 1-2db.
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Nut

1)Acustica support isn't responding so I wonder if any of you fine folks may know. Reinstalled everything and need to re-authorize Nebula3. When I do it through the website, I get Status500 and nothing happens.

Anyone know what's up?

2)Nebula4. Installed it through Aquarius. I can't get it to navigate to the existing Nebularepository. I add it through Settings-Alternative Data Path and Finder still shows none of the existing programs. Anyone know what's up with that?
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post

2)Nebula4. Installed it through Aquarius. I can't get it to navigate to the existing Nebularepository. I add it through Settings-Alternative Data Path and Finder still shows none of the existing programs. Anyone know what's up with that?
Did you set that altdatapath as the N4temprepository location in Aquarius before installing?
I had some odd behaviour until I uninstalled and reinstalled with this setting.
I have no idea how this could work if you have multiple altdatapaths though!

And I take it you checked the programs are still there on the drive?
Although it got quickly fixed so has probably not affected you, there was a bug about a week back where uninstall with Aquarius deleted the program and vector folders.

EDIT: Also you should probably be clear what N4 version you're installing and what libraries you're looking for...with new N4 player you can't access N3 libraries for example.
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Totally agree with you.

The German Mastering Console eq its excellent high shelf as well also the Tla Crimson its superb high shelf.The Black Master eq own it for me on the lowend superb lowend ..
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
.with new N4 player you can't access N3 libraries for example.
Really?

But with N4 (non player), you can, correct?
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really?

But with N4 (non player), you can, correct?
Correct.
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
1)Acustica support isn't responding so I wonder if any of you fine folks may know. Reinstalled everything and need to re-authorize Nebula3. When I do it through the website, I get Status500 and nothing happens.

Anyone know what's up?
Now just need to figure this Nebula3 problem out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Did you set that altdatapath as the N4temprepository location in Aquarius before installing?
Figured that out and now it finds my repository, thanks!
Old 9th April 2018
Quote:
The German Mastering Console eq its excellent high shelf as well also the Tla Crimson its superb high shelf.The Black Master eq own it for me on the lowend superb lowend ..
What's the Black Master EQ ?
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Updated and name changed.

AlexB Audio Engineering by Alessandro Boschi - A5M American 5 Mastering eQualizer - Nebula Programs
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its api 5500
Old 10th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Some of the libraries that I load in Nebula 4, in Reaper are showing
this : FRT : 44100 Hz -> 48000 Hz <- with a flashing arrow at the end.

I get this with Tim P's shape modifier for example.

I Only work in 44.1k in Reaper, and for any third party libraries that I have purchased I have only put the 44.1K files (Programs, Vectors) into the relevant Nebula folders. My RME fireface is set always to 44.1k and Reaper project default is set to 44.1K.

What does this mean, is the library not loading properly?

Thanks
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post

I Only work in 44.1k in Reaper, and for any third party libraries that I have purchased I have only put the 44.1K files (Programs, Vectors) into the relevant Nebula folders. My RME fireface is set always to 44.1k and Reaper project default is set to 44.1K.

Thanks
See my response on AA forum.

Others may offer suggestions ... but system details are need.
Support Ticket system is your friend ... they've hired more help at AA.
Old 10th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post

Thanks
looks like your nebula is tryig to convert to 48k you can contact me through the site then I can go through settings with you. It could be as simple as ticking a box in project settings (ALT+ENTER,project sample rate box) within reapers settings drop down menu.... Note you'll have to reload with a fresh nebula after any of these configrations.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search